Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,587 members, 7,823,548 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

Hadeeth Of The Day - Islam for Muslims (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Hadeeth Of The Day (49480 Views)

The Twelve Caliph Hadeeth / The Hadeeth Of The Eleven Women : Sahih Muslim / Hadeeth Or Koran? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by noetic2: 2:21pm On Aug 19, 2009
muhsin:

Got things to do better than stating these things.

Whats difficult in doing that, eh?

More-over, anyone can go and see it.

what are u ranting about?
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by muhsin(m): 2:27pm On Aug 19, 2009
You can call it anything.

Let me give you more synonyms: rambling, quacking, screeding, etc

But the truth remains. . .
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by noetic2: 2:34pm On Aug 19, 2009
that?
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by muhsin(m): 3:08pm On Aug 19, 2009
The whole drama began when I posted this Hadeeth (#99):

The prophet peace be upon him said: "A man will be brought on the Day of Resurrection and thrown in the (Hell) Fire, so that his intestines will come out, and he will go around like a donkey goes around a millstone. The people of (Hell) Fire will gather around him and say: O so-and-so! What is wrong with you? Didn't you use to order us to do good deeds and forbid us to do bad deeds? He will reply: Yes, I used to order you to do good deeds, but I did not do them myself, and I used to forbid you to do bad deeds, yet I used to do them myself."

Bukhari, hadith #489

Then you made this put (#100):

"This is an interesting one.

Do u think that the character in this haddith can be mohammed?"

I responded (#101):

NO.

Your response (#102):

Why not?

Mine:

Because you don't know him.

You:

"according to his deeds in the haddith and koran. . . . can he be the person described in the haddith u posted?"

Mine:

You don't read what other posters have written, noetic2. If not you would not have been reiterating this question. How? The very answer of it is there in this thread--OP. Here I quote:

And the Almighty Allah says regarding the Prophet Muhammad's words, actions, approval or attributes, "Your Companion (the Prophet of Islam) errs not nor does he deviate. Nor does he speak out of desire. It is nought but revelation that is revealed. One Mighty in Power has taught him." (Qur'an 53:2-5)

You see? ALL his actions were guided by Allah, the Exalted. Thus how is he supposed to be punished by Him after what He wants was what he did? Simple.

Moreover, you once asked; has Allah ever mentioned that He forgave the Prophet. Here is the answer I gave you:

Allah (S.W.T) says unto the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH): "That Allah may forgive thee thy faults of the past and those to follow; fulfill His favour to thee; and guide thee on the Straight Way" (Fath 48:2)

"Allah turned with favour to the prophet, the Muhajiri (people who migrated with him from Mekka to Medina); And the Ansar (Medinan people, who gave him shelter, protection, etc),--who followed in a time of distress, (9:117)

There are more verses where that is mentioned.

Again, some verses even reported that whoever follow his example (deeds, sayings, orders, etc), Paradise is granted for him. For example Chapter 9 verse 10, etc.

May Allah, the Most Exalted, guide us, ameen.

You:

"are u saying that the character described in that haddith is not forgiven? why was he not forgiven? and no one has been able to tell me why EXACTLY allah chose to forgive the past and future sins of mohammed, considering that allah has never forgiven anyone?

I dont want to derail this haddith. but thou has not answered my question.
if we analyse the deeds of mohammed as written in the haddiths dont u think that mohammed fits the character described in ur haddith?"

Mine:

@Noetic2,

Did you ever read between the lines of a rely? I doubt, really doubt. If not lets see something here:

What's your question?
-You asked if prophet Muhammad, may Allah exalt his mention, is that character of that hadeeth. I fully answered that and gave you verses where that is mentioned.
-You all of a sudden changed and created anew question, which is quite irrelevant here. And Allah so kind, the answer of your second questions are right inside my first intake. Read here:

"Allah turned with favour to the prophet, the Muhajiri (people who migrated with him from Mekka to Medina); And the Ansar (Medinan people, who gave him shelter, protection, etc),--who followed in a time of distress, (9:117)

Are these people not forgiven by Allah, the Most Exalted, eh?

Thanks

Mine again:

Lets retake it;

If you really believe with the mention of that Hadeeth character and its possible happening on the day of resurrection, then why don't you believe with the mention of Allah, the Exalted, regarding His prophet's ENTIRE life?

To shade a bit more light; Qur'an is more authentic that any Hadeeth. Take note, am not saying every single hadeeth is not authentic but the authenticity of Qur'an verses is higher. Hope my point is clear.

Hence, the Almighty Allah says:  "Your Companion (the Prophet of Islam) errs not nor does he deviate. Nor does he speak out of desire. It is nought but revelation that is revealed. One Mighty in Power has taught him." (Qur'an 53:2-5)

Therefore, considering that verse and many others, we can unanimously, rationally, intelligently and reasonably CONCLUDE that he is NOT because he CANNOT be that character.

Thanks

You:

this is not as hard as u are suggesting. neither does this have anything to do with allah's personality.

ur statement in bold is FALSE and INCONCLUSIVE. let us list the actions and inactions of mohammed and then see if he cannot be that character.
so u list mohammed's deeds and let analyse.

Mine:

As my Creator, your Creator, says; Muhammad, may Allah exalt his mention, ". . .errs not nor does he deviate. . .(53:2)
Hence, talking about the list; he's a perfect man.

You:

"what list? u have not listed his deeds, have u?"

Mine:

Thats the reason d'etre of this OP. Go back and read the ones available so far. Others are coming, inshaAllah.

You:

"are u being honest here?"

Mine:

Very much. Go and re-read what is the meaning of "HADEETH" I gave, i.e. #01, on this page. Thanks

You:

"I just did. It does not state the exact deeds of mohammed, it only gives a list of commandments. what are the deeds of mohammed?"

Mine:

You didn't. Why is it hard for you to tell truth? No offense intended. Smiley

Reason: had it been you did you would not have said what you say, for even the hadeeth above your post talks about the Prophet's deed.

Thanks

You:

why do u have a problem listing them?

just state that oh mohammed gave to the poor, helped the weak . .  . . ,  ,  . . . . .

just list them for analysis sake and to educate non-muslims.

Mine:

Let me repeat what I told you the other time:

Thats the reason d'etre of this OP. Go back and read the ones available so far. Others are coming, inshaAllah.

Why did I say that?

Hadeeth simply means his deeds and much more. And there are thousands of them. But God's willing as time goes I (or any other Muslim member) will continue listing them, i.e. writing the hadeeth.

May Allah guide us all.

NB:
This is my last post for the day. Don't think otherwise if you see me gone. InshaAllah next time--probably Monday. Until then. . . Ciao!

You:

are u educated at all? why do u have a problem listing the deeds of mohammed?
just list his deeds so that we can analyse the haddith u posted. is there a problem? what are u afraid of?

Then[i] littleb[/i] posted this hadeeth:

Hadhrat Aa-ishah (Radhiyallaho anha) says:
"Once the Holy Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) entered the house and I guessed from his face that something of great
importance had happened to him. He did not talk to anyone, and after making wudhu (ablution) he entered the
mosque. I stood behind the wall to hear what he said. He sat at the pulpit and after praising'Allah, he said, "0 Muslims!
Allah has commanded you to call people to good deeds, and prevent them from committing sins; otherwise a
time will come when you will pray to Him, but He will not listen to you; you will ask your needs of Him, but He will
not grant them; you will demand His help against your enemies, but He will not help you."

You asked:

is killing non-muslims a good deed?

I then came back and asked you these two questions that you never ever responded to but ran away:

1-If you're asked this question; is Muhsin ever educated? What would be your answer please. Be frank. Thanks Cheesy

2-Is this mentioned in the (littleb's) hadeeth?

Instead you irrelevantly asked:

when are going to get to the haddith that discusses apostates and killings. , . and the ones that address sharia law.

is this thread an islamic propaganda?

This is one instance out of many.

Where are you?
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by muhsin(m): 3:13pm On Aug 19, 2009
Please readers, judge me and noetci2.

Who's fair or unfair to who?

Thanks
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by Abuzola(m): 7:48pm On Aug 19, 2009
@muhsin.

Barakallahu fih
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by beelyjay45(m): 8:44pm On Aug 19, 2009
@ mushin, Salam Alykun I think the character Neotic should be ignored he is distracting you from the main purpose of this thread, I have been going through all his reply on this post and he is really diverting your attention so please ignore this person, nobody gives him the attention he craves maybe he will leave us alone. After-all Almighty Allah has given us the choice of choosing what is right from wrong, he sent down the quran as a reminder to us and it's left to every Individual who has come in contact with the Koran to believe it or not so Brother please lets enlighten ourselves more about Islam and pay less attention to this person. Ma Salam
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by noetic2: 11:25am On Aug 20, 2009
beelyjay45:

@ mushin, Salam Alykun I think the character Neotic should be ignored he is distracting you from the main purpose of this thread, I have been going through all his reply on this post and he is really diverting your attention so please ignore this person, [b]nobody gives him the attention he craves [/b]maybe he will leave us alone. After-all Almighty Allah has given us the choice of choosing what is right from wrong, he sent down the quran as a reminder to us and it's left to every Individual who has come in contact with the Koran to believe it or not so Brother please lets enlighten ourselves more about Islam and pay less attention to this person. Ma Salam

really? shocked I never knew I was seeking attention by asking simple questions and highlighting the EVIL of islam.

on the contrary. . .why did u spend so much time going through my posts? sounds like ur conscience is itching u and ur last post was simply to get my attention. . . .
guess what?
u just got my attention

@ muhsin

what EXACTLY can a neutral observer deduce from that long post?
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by muhsin(m): 12:05pm On Aug 20, 2009
Abuzola:

@muhsin.

Barakallahu fih
beelyjay45:

@ mushin, Salam Alykun I think the character Neotic should be ignored he is distracting you from the main purpose of this thread, I have been going through all his reply on this post and he is really diverting your attention so please ignore this person, nobody gives him the attention he craves maybe he will leave us alone. After-all Almighty Allah has given us the choice of choosing what is right from wrong, he sent down the quran as a reminder to us and it's left to every Individual who has come in contact with the Koran to believe it or not so Brother please lets enlighten ourselves more about Islam and pay less attention to this person. Ma Salam

Thanks.

I kinda feel I'll heed to your observation, beelyjay.
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by muhsin(m): 12:14pm On Aug 20, 2009
noetic2:

@ muhsin

what EXACTLY can a neutral observer deduce from that long post?

Won't you ever be fair, please?

You asked me:

noetic2:

show me one instance when i have abandoned a discussion?

I replied on page #5.

You again said:

noetic2:

can u not state what EXACTLY happened on page 5?

Then I did it. . .but you unfairly enough said blah blah blah?

Haba for God's sake? Mts. shocked
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by muhsin(m): 12:17pm On Aug 20, 2009
Assalamu alaikum,

Narrated Anas bin Malik (Radi-Allahu 'anhum):

Once the Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) entered the Mosque and saw
a rope hanging in between its two pillars. He said, "What is this rope?"
The people said, "This rope is for Zainab who, when she feels tired, holds
it (to keep standing for the prayer.)" The Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa
Sallam) said, "Don't use it. Remove the rope. You should pray as long as
you feel active, and when you get tired, sit down."

Bukhari Vol. 2 : No. 251
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by muhsin(m): 11:40am On Aug 21, 2009
Assalamu alaikum,

The Prophet Muhammad, may Allah exalt his mention, said: "When you see it (the new month of Ramadhan) observe fasting, and when you see the new moon of the next month, stop fasting. If cloud, haze or the like, obsecures the new moon of Ramadhan then complete Sha'aban as 30 days. (Ibid).
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by mukina2: 5:25pm On Aug 21, 2009
Narrated Ibn 'Umar:

The Prophet observed the fast on the 10th of Muharram ('Ashura), and ordered (Muslims) to fast on that day, but when the fasting of the month of Ramadan was prescribed, the fasting of the 'Ashura' was abandoned. 'Abdullah did not use to fast on that day unless it coincided with his routine fasting by chance.
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by muhsin(m): 12:03pm On Aug 22, 2009
Assalamu alaikum,

[b]Narrated 'Urwa:

That he was informed by 'Aisha, "Allah's Apostle went out in the middle of the night and prayed in the mosque and some men prayed behind him. In the morning, the people spoke about it and then a large number of them gathered and prayed behind him (on the second night). In the next morning the people again talked about it and on the third night the mosque was full with a large number of people. Allah's Apostle came out and the people prayed behind him. On the fourth night the Mosque was overwhelmed with people and could not accommodate them, but the Prophet came out (only) for the morning prayer. When the morning prayer was finished he recited Tashah-hud and (addressing the people) said, "Amma ba'du, your presence was not hidden from me but I was afraid lest the night prayer (Qiyam) should be enjoined on you and you might not be able to carry it on." So, Allah's Apostle died and the situation remained like that (i.e. people prayed individually). "

Bukhari :: Book 3 :: Volume 32 :: Hadith 229
[/b]
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by Phemour: 1:23pm On Aug 22, 2009
*Subscribing* grin

Fnks Muhsin and others
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by mukina2: 1:41pm On Aug 22, 2009
Narrated Anas:

Allah's Apostle said, "From among the portents of the Hour are (the following):

1. Religious knowledge will be taken away (by the death of Religious learned men).

2. (Religious) ignorance will prevail.

3. Drinking of Alcoholic drinks (will be very common).

4. There will be prevalence of open illegal sexual intercourse.
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by 3spade3(m): 1:46pm On Aug 22, 2009
Muslims. You know Mexicans would be a good group to absorb Islam.
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by mukina2: 1:51pm On Aug 22, 2009
Narrated 'Ali:

The Prophet said, "Do not tell a lie against me for whoever tells a lie against me (intentionally) then he will surely enter the Hell-fire."
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by muhsin(m): 3:33pm On Aug 22, 2009
Phemour:

*Subscribing* grin

Fnks Muhsin and others

*Welcome*
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by Abuzola(m): 4:34pm On Aug 22, 2009
@mukina, please write the source of the hadith and hadith number
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by mukina2: 4:41pm On Aug 22, 2009
Volume 1, Book 3, Number 106:

Narrated 'Ali:

The Prophet said, "Do not tell a lie against me for whoever tells a lie against me (intentionally) then he will surely enter the Hell-fire."
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by Abuzola(m): 4:46pm On Aug 22, 2009
And the other hadith by anas ?
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by mukina2: 5:25pm On Aug 22, 2009
THE HADITH OF MUHAMMED

By Sahih Bukhari

Knowledge

Volume 1, Book 3, Number 56:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

While the Prophet was saying something in a gathering, a Bedouin came and asked him, "When would the Hour (Doomsday) take place?" Allah's Apostle continued his talk, so some people said that Allah's Apostle had heard the question, but did not like what that Bedouin had asked. Some of them said that Alllah's Apostle had not heard it. When the Prophet finished his speech, he said, "Where is the questioner, who enquired about the Hour (Doomsday)?" The Bedouin said, "I am here, O Allah's Apostle ." Then the Prophet said, "When honesty is lost, then wait for the Hour (Doomsday)." The Bedouin said, "How will that be lost?" The Prophet said, "When the power or authority comes in the hands of unfit persons, then wait for the Hour (Doomsday.)"

Volume 1, Book 3, Number 57:

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr:

Once the Prophet remained behind us in a journey. He joined us while we were performing ablution for the prayer which was over-due. We were just passing wet hands over our feet (and not washing them properly) so the Prophet addressed us in a loud voice and said twice or thrice: "Save your heels from the fire."

Volume 1, Book 3, Number 58:

Narrated Ibn 'Umar:

Allah's Apostle said, "Amongst the trees, there is a tree, the leaves of which do not fall and is like a Muslim. Tell me the name of that tree." Everybody started thinking about the trees of the desert areas. And I thought of the date-palm tree but felt shy to answer the others then asked, "What is that tree, O Allah's Apostle ?" He replied, "It is the date-palm tree."

Volume 1, Book 3, Number 59:

Narrated Ibn 'Umar:

The Prophet said, "Amongst the trees, there is a tree, the leaves of which do not fall and is like a Muslim. Tell me the name of that tree." Everybody started thinking about the trees of the desert areas. And I thought of the date-palm tree. The others then asked, "Please inform us what is that tree, O Allah's Apostle?" He replied, "It is the date-palm tree."

Volume 1, Book 3, Number 60:

Narrated Ibn Umar:

same as above Hadith 59.

Volume 1, Book 3, Number 61:

Narrated Ibn Umar:

same as above Hadith 59.

Volume 1, Book 3, Number 62:

Narrated Ibn Umar:

same as above Hadith 59.

Volume 1, Book 3, Number 63:

Narrated Anas bin Malik:

While we were sitting with the Prophet in the mosque, a man came riding on a camel. He made his camel kneel down in the mosque, tied its foreleg and then said: "Who amongst you is Muhammad?" At that time the Prophet was sitting amongst us (his companions) leaning on his arm. We replied, "This white man reclining on his arm." The an then addressed him, "O Son of 'Abdul Muttalib."

The Prophet said, "I am here to answer your questions." The man said to the Prophet, "I want to ask you something and will be hard in questioning. So do not get angry." The Prophet said, "Ask whatever you want." The man said, "I ask you by your Lord, and the Lord of those who were before you, has Allah sent you as an Apostle to all the mankind?" The Prophet replied, "By Allah, yes." The man further said, "I ask you by Allah. Has Allah ordered you to offer five prayers in a day and night (24 hours).? He replied, "By Allah, Yes." The man further said, "I ask you by Allah! Has Allah ordered you to observe fasts during this month of the year (i.e. Ramadan)?" He replied, "By Allah, Yes." The man further said, "I ask you by Allah. Has Allah ordered you to take Zakat (obligatory charity) from our rich people and distribute it amongst our poor people?" The Prophet replied, "By Allah, yes." Thereupon that man said, "I have believed in all that with which you have been sent, and I have been sent by my people as a messenger, and I am Dimam bin Tha'laba from the brothers of Bani Sa'd bin Bakr."

Volume 1, Book 3, Number 64:

Narrated 'Abdullah bin Abbas:

Once Allah's Apostle gave a letter to a person and ordered him to go and deliver it to the Governor of Bahrain. (He did so) and the Governor of Bahrain sent it to Chousroes, who read that letter and then tore it to pieces. (The sub-narrator (Ibn Shihab) thinks that Ibn Al-Musaiyab said that Allah's Apostle invoked Allah against them (saying), "May Allah tear them into pieces, and disperse them all totally.)"

Volume 1, Book 3, Number 65:

Narrated Anas bin Malik:

Once the Prophet wrote a letter or had an idea of writing a letter. The Prophet was told that they (rulers) would not read letters unless they were sealed. So the Prophet got a silver ring made with "Muhammad Allah's Apostle" engraved on it. As if I were just observing its white glitter in the hand of the Prophet

Volume 1, Book 3, Number 66:

Narrated Abu Waqid Al-Laithi:

While Allah's Apostle was sitting in the mosque with some people, three men came. Two of them came in front of Allah's Apostle and the third one went away. The two persons kept on standing before Allah's Apostle for a while and then one of them found a place in the circle and sat there while the other sat behind the gathering, and the third one went away. When Allah's Apostle finished his preaching, he said, "Shall I tell you about these three persons? One of them be-took himself to Allah, so Allah took him into His grace and mercy and accommodated him, the second felt shy from Allah, so Allah sheltered Him in His mercy (and did not punish him), while the third turned his face from Allah and went away, so Allah turned His face from him likewise. "

Volume 1, Book 3, Number 67:

Narrated 'Abdur Rahman bin Abi Bakra's father:

Once the Prophet was riding his camel and a man was holding its rein. The Prophet asked, "What is the day today?" We kept quiet, thinking that he might give that day another name. He said, "Isn't it the day of Nahr (slaughtering of the animals of sacrifice)" We replied, "Yes." He further asked, "Which month is this?" We again kept quiet, thinking that he might give it another name. Then he said, "Isn't it the month of Dhul-Hijja?" We replied, "Yes." He said, "Verily! Your blood, property and honor are sacred to one another (i.e. Muslims) like the sanctity of this day of yours, in this month of yours and in this city of yours. It is incumbent upon those who are present to inform those who are absent because those who are absent might comprehend (what I have said) better than the present audience."

Volume 1, Book 3, Number 68:

Narrated Ibn Mas'ud:

The Prophet used to take care of us in preaching by selecting a suitable time, so that we might not get bored. (He abstained from pestering us with sermons and knowledge all the time).

Volume 1, Book 3, Number 69:

Narrated Anas bin Malik:

The Prophet said, "Facilitate things to people (concerning religious matters), and do not make it hard for them and give them good tidings and do not make them run away (from Islam)."

Volume 1, Book 3, Number 70:

Narrated Abu Wail:

'Abdullah used to give a religious talk to the people on every Thursday. Once a man said, "O Aba 'Abdur-Rahman! (By Allah) I wish if you could preach us daily." He replied, "The only thing which prevents me from doing so, is that I hate to bore you, and no doubt I take care of you in preaching by selecting a suitable time just as the Prophet used to do with us, for fear of making us bored."

Volume 1, Book 3, Number 71:

Narrated Muawiya:

I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "If Allah wants to do good to a person, He makes him comprehend the religion. I am just a distributor, but the grant is from Allah. (And remember) that this nation (true Muslims) will keep on following Allah's teachings strictly and they will not be harmed by any one going on a different path till Allah's order (Day of Judgment) is established."

Volume 1, Book 3, Number 72:

Narrated Ibn 'Umar:

We were with the Prophet and a spadix of date-palm tree was brought to him. On that he said, "Amongst the trees, there is a tree which resembles a Muslim." I wanted to say that it was the date-palm tree but as I was the youngest of all (of them) I kept quiet. And then the Prophet said, "It is the date-palm tree."

Volume 1, Book 3, Number 73:

Narrated 'Abdullah bin Mas'ud:

The Prophet said, "Do not wish to be like anyone except in two cases. (The first is) A person, whom Allah has given wealth and he spends it righteously; (the second is) the one whom Allah has given wisdom (the Holy Qur'an) and he acts according to it and teaches it to others." (Fateh-al-Bari page 177 Vol. 1)

Volume 1, Book 3, Number 74:

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:

That he differed with Hur bin Qais bin Hisn Al-Fazari regarding the companion of (the Prophet) Moses. Ibn 'Abbas said that he was Khadir. Meanwhile, Ubai bin Ka'b passed by them and Ibn 'Abbas called him, saying "My friend (Hur) and I have differed regarding Moses' companion whom Moses, asked the way to meet. Have you heard the Prophet mentioning something about him? He said, "Yes. I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "While Moses was sitting in the company of some Israelites, a man came and asked him. "Do you know anyone who is more learned than you? Moses replied: "No." So Allah sent the Divine Inspiration to Moses: 'Yes, Our slave Khadir (is more learned than you.)' Moses asked (Allah) how to meet him (Khadir). So Allah made the fish as a sign for him and he was told that when the fish was lost, he should return (to the place where he had lost it) and there he would meet him (Al-Khadir). So Moses went on looking for the sign of the fish in the sea. The servant-boy of Moses said to him: Do you remember when we betook ourselves to the rock, I indeed forgot the fish, none but Satan made me forget to remember it. On that Moses said: 'That is what we have been seeking? (18.64) So they went back retracing their foot-steps, and found Khadir. (And) what happened further to them is narrated in the Holy Qur'an by Allah. (18.54 up to 18.82)

Volume 1, Book 3, Number 75:

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:

Once the Prophet embraced me and said, "O Allah! Bestow on him the knowledge of the Book (Qur'an)."

Volume 1, Book 3, Number 76:

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:

Once I came riding a she-ass and had (just) attained the age of puberty. Allah's Apostle was offering the prayer at Mina. There was no wall in front of him and I passed in front of some of the row while they were offering their prayers. There I let the she-ass loose to graze and entered the row, and nobody objected to it.

Volume 1, Book 3, Number 77:

Narrated Mahmud bin Rabi'a:

When I was a boy of five, I remember, the Prophet took water from a bucket (used far getting water out of a well) with his mouth and threw it on my face.

Volume 1, Book 3, Number 78:

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:

that he differed with Hur bin Qais bin Hisn Al-Fazari regarding the companion of the Prophet Moses. Meanwhile, Ubai bin Ka'b passed by them and Ibn 'Abbas called him saying, "My friend (Hur) and I have differed regarding Moses' companion whom Moses asked the way to meet. Have you heard Allah's Apostle mentioning something about him? Ubai bin Ka'b said: "Yes, I heard the Prophet mentioning something about him (saying) while Moses was sitting in the company of some Israelites, a man came and asked him: "Do you know anyone who is more learned than you? Moses replied: "No." So Allah sent the Divine Inspiration to Moses: '--Yes, Our slave Khadir is more learned than you. Moses asked Allah how to meet him (Al-Khadir). So Allah made the fish a sign for him and he was told when the fish was lost, he should return (to the place where he had lost it) and there he would meet him (Al-Khadir). So Moses went on looking for the sign of the fish in the sea. The servant-boy of Moses said: 'Do you remember when we betook ourselves to the rock, I indeed forgot the fish, none but Satan made me forget to remember it. On that Moses said, 'That is what we have been seeking.' So they went back retracing their footsteps, and found Kha,dir. (and) what happened further about them is narrated in the Holy Qur'an by Allah." (18.54 up to 18.82)

Volume 1, Book 3, Number 79:

Narrated Abu Musa:

The Prophet said, "The example of guidance and knowledge with which Allah has sent me is like abundant rain falling on the earth, some of which was fertile soil that absorbed rain water and brought forth vegetation and grass in abundance. (And) another portion of it was hard and held the rain water and Allah benefited the people with it and they utilized it for drinking, making their animals drink from it and for irrigation of the land for cultivation. (And) a portion of it was barren which could neither hold the water nor bring forth vegetation (then that land gave no benefits). The first is the example of the person who comprehends Allah's religion and gets benefit (from the knowledge) which Allah has revealed through me (the Prophets and learns and then teaches others. The last example is that of a person who does not care for it and does not take Allah's guidance revealed through me (He is like that barren land.)"

Volume 1, Book 3, Number 80:

Narrated Anas:

Allah's Apostle said, "From among the portents of the Hour are (the following):

1. Religious knowledge will be taken away (by the death of Religious learned men).

2. (Religious) ignorance will prevail.

3. Drinking of Alcoholic drinks (will be very common).

4. There will be prevalence of open illegal sexual intercourse.
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by muhsin(m): 12:35pm On Aug 25, 2009
Assalamu alaikum,

336. Abu Bakrah Nufai` bin Al-Harith (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Shall I not inform you of the biggest of the major sins?'' Messenger of Allah (PBUH) asked this question thrice. We said, "Yes, O Messenger of Allah. (Please inform us.)". He said, "Ascribing partners to Allah, and to be undutiful to your parents". Messenger of Allah (PBUH) sat up from his reclining position and said, "And I warn you against giving forged statement and a false testimony; I warn you against giving forged statement and a false testimony". Messenger of Allah (PBUH) kept on repeating that warning till we wished he would stop.

[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by muhsin(m): 2:27pm On Aug 26, 2009
Assalamu alaikum,

[center][b]Narrated Abu Huraira (Radi-Allahu 'anhum):

[center]Allah's Apostle (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) said, "Whoever gives two
kinds (of things or property) in charity for Allah's Cause, will be called
from the gates of Paradise and will be addressed, 'O slaves of Allah! Here
is prosperity.' So, whoever was amongst the people who used to offer their
prayers, will be called from the gate of the prayer; and whoever was
amongst the people who used to participate in Jihad, will be called from
the gate of Jihad; and whoever was amongst those who used to observe fasts,
will be called from the gate of Ar-Raiyan; whoever was amongst those who
used to give in charity, will be called from the gate of charity." Abu Bakr
said, "Let my parents be sacrificed for you, O Allah's Apostle! No distress
or need will befall him who will be called from those gates. Will there be
any one who will be called from all these gates?" The Prophet (Sallallahu
'Alaihi Wa Sallam) replied, "Yes, and I hope you will be one of them."[/center]

Bukhari Vol. 3 : No. 121
[/b][/center]
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by muhsin(m): 12:41pm On Aug 27, 2009
Assalamu alaikum,

[center]1870.  Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) saying, "I swear by Allah that I seek Allah's Pardon and turn to Him in repentance more than seventy times a day.''
[Al-Bukhari].
[/center]
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by muhsin(m): 1:42pm On Aug 28, 2009
Assalamu alaikum,

[center]Hudhaifa b. Usaid Ghifari reported:

"Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) came to us all of a sudden as we were (busy in a discussion). He said: What do you discuss about? They (the Companions) said. We are discussing about the Last Hour. Thereupon he said: It will not cone until you see ten signs before and (in this connection) he made a mention of the smoke, Dajjal, the beast, the rising of the sun from the west, the descent of Jesus son of Mary (Allah be pleased with him), the Gog and Magog, and land-slidings in three places, one in the east, one in the west and one in Arabia at the end of which fire would burn forth from the Yemen, and would drive people to the place of their assembly."

Muslim :: Book 41 : Hadith 6931
[/center]
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by Abuzola(m): 9:52pm On Aug 28, 2009
Allahu akbar
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by salinco(m): 12:08pm On Aug 31, 2009
ALLAHU AKBAR shocked shocked smiley
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by Abuzola(m): 4:45am On Sep 01, 2009
@muhsin, lafiya ? Why do you wanna leave it, dan Allah we need people like you in the muslim section and ur dawah with the unbeliever is highly commendable, don't leave us pls. I guess its time to call you on fone. Lol. Expect my call inshamaALLAHU ta'ala
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by noetic2: 11:53am On Sep 01, 2009
lying and denial? shocked
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by muhsin(m): 1:39pm On Sep 01, 2009
Abuzola:

@muhsin, lafiya ? Why do you wanna leave it, dan Allah we need people like you in the muslim section and your dawah with the unbeliever is highly commendable, don't leave us pls. I guess its time to call you on fone. Lol. Expect my call inshamaALLAHU ta'ala

Keep your phone with you, Brother.

As I say on another thread, I'll have a second thought on the action.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (31) (Reply)

Hajj: Nigerians Won’t Stone Devil Again – Sanusi. / Sallah Cow Forced Into A Small Car Ahead Of Eid-el-Kabir Celebration / Meet Sheikh Chukwuemeka, The Igbo Man That Translated Quran From Arabic To Igbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.