Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,607 members, 7,823,639 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

Hadeeth Of The Day - Islam for Muslims (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Hadeeth Of The Day (49481 Views)

The Twelve Caliph Hadeeth / The Hadeeth Of The Eleven Women : Sahih Muslim / Hadeeth Or Koran? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by muhsin(m): 11:45am On Jul 29, 2009
Assalamu alaikum,

Narrated By Abu Musa:

That when Allah's Apostle sent him and Mu'adh bin Jabal to Yemen, he said to them, "Facilitate things for the people (treat the people in the most agreeable way), and do not make things difficult for them, and give them glad tidings, and let them not have aversion (i.e. to make the people hate good deeds) and you should both work in cooperation and mutual understanding, obey each other." Abu Musa said, "O Allah's Apostle! We are in a land in which a drink named Al Bit' is prepared from honey, and another drink named Al-Mizr is prepared from barley." On that, Allah's Apostle said, "All intoxicants (i.e. all alcoholic drinks) are prohibited."

Bukhari - Volume 8 - Book 73 - Hadith 145
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by mukina2: 12:11pm On Jul 31, 2009
Narrated 'Abdullah bin Umar:

Allah's Apostle used to pray two Rakat before the Zuhr prayer and two Rakat after it. He also used to pray two Rakat after the Maghrib prayer in his house, and two Rakat after the 'Isha' prayer. He never prayed after Jumua prayer till he departed (from the Mosque), and then he would pray two Rakat at home.
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by muhsin(m): 12:43pm On Jul 31, 2009
Assalamu alaikum,

Thanks sister, Mukina2. May Allah bless us all, ameen.
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by muhsin(m): 12:53pm On Aug 01, 2009
Narrated Ibn 'Abbas (RA):

The Prophet (PBUH) said: "I was shown the Hell-fire and that the majority of its dwellers were women who were ungrateful." It was asked, "Do they disbelieve in Allah?" (or are they ungrateful to Allah?) He replied, "They are ungrateful to their husbands and are ungrateful for the favors and the good (charitable deeds) done to them. If you have always been good (benevolent) to one of them and then she sees something in you (not of her liking), she will say, 'I have never received any good from you."

Source: Sahi Bukari Book 1 Volume 2 Hadith 28
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by Abuzola(m): 2:02pm On Aug 01, 2009
Narrated Abu Hurairah , Allah's messenger (P.B.U.H) said 'whoever obeys me, he obeys Allah and whoever disobeys me, he disobeys Allah, and whoever obeys the ruler i appoint, he obeys me and whoever disobeys him, he disobeys me'

sahih Bukhari vol. 9, Hadith number 251

note: This was as well what Prophet Isa told bani Isra'ila, but they misinterpreted it and called Isa as Allah.

Indeed we are the best of mankind, Islam had made everything easier and comprehendable for us everything. Alhamdulilahi rabil Ajma'een
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by muhsin(m): 2:26pm On Aug 06, 2009
Assalamu alaikum,

Narrated Anas:

Whenever the Prophet spoke a sentence (said a thing), he used to repeat it thrice so that the people could understand it properly from him and whenever he asked permission to enter, (he knocked the door) thrice with greeting.

Source: Sahih BUkhari Volume 1, Book 3, Number 95
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by mukina2: 11:51am On Aug 07, 2009
Narrated Muhammad bin Sirin:

On a rainy day Ibn Abbas said to his Muadh-dhin, "After saying, 'Ash-hadu anna Muhammadan Rasulullah' (I testify that Muhammad is Allah's Apostle), do not say 'Haiya 'Alas-Salat' (come for the prayer) but say 'Pray in your houses'." (The man did so). But the people disliked it. Ibn Abbas said, "It was done by one who was much better than I (i.e. the Prophet (p.b.u.h) ). No doubt, the Jumua prayer is compulsory but I dislike to put you to task by bringing you out walking in mud and slush."
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by muhsin(m): 12:16pm On Aug 08, 2009
Assalamu alaikum,

Ibn 'Abbas (RA) reported: "The Prophet (PBUH) came to Madinah and found the Jews fasting on the day of 'Ashurah. He said to them: 'What is this fast?' They said: 'A great day. Allah saved Moses and the tribes of Israel from their enemies on this day and therefore, Moses fasted on this day.' The Prophet (PBUH) said: 'We have more of a right to Moses than you,' so he fasted on that day also and ordered the people to fast on that day."

This is recorded by al-Bukhari and Muslim.
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by Abuzola(m): 8:23pm On Aug 08, 2009
Wa'alaikum salam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

From sahl ibn sa'd that the Messenger of Allah (P.B.U.H) said 'The people will be gathered on the Day of Resurrection on reddish white land like a loaf of bread, it will be devoid of any landmark'

Muslim, hadith number 1947
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by muhsin(m): 12:28pm On Aug 11, 2009
Assalamu alaikum,

'Abdullah reported: I asked the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him): Which sin is the gravest in the eye of Allah? He (the Holy Prophet) replied: That you associate a partner with Allah (despite the fact) that He has created you. He (the reporter) said: I told him (the, Holy Prophet): Verily it is indeed grave. He (the reporter) said: I asked him what the next (gravest sin) was. He (the Holy Prophet) replied: That you kill your child out of fear that he shall join you in food. He (the reporter) said: I asked (him) what the next (gravest sin) was. He (the Holy Prophet) observed: Then (the next gravest sin) is that you commit adultery with the wife of your neighbour.

Source: Sahi Muslim Book 001, Number 0156
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by noetic2: 12:30pm On Aug 11, 2009
Abuzola:

Wa'alaikum salam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

From sahl ibn sa'd that the Messenger of Allah (P.B.U.H) said 'The people will be gathered on the Day of Resurrection on reddish white land like a loaf of bread, it will be devoid of any landmark'

Muslim, hadith number 1947

After gathering. . . .what happens?

They all go to hell? , . .too bad!!!!!!!!
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by muhsin(m): 12:41pm On Aug 11, 2009
Noetic2,

I've been thinking why my constant questioner on this thread has had not been contributing here. You are welcome back.

noetic2:

After gathering. . . .what happens?

They all go to hell? , . .too bad!!!!!!!!

Why should they?
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by noetic2: 4:41pm On Aug 11, 2009
muhsin:

Noetic2,

I've been thinking why my constant questioner on this thread has had not been contributing here. You are welcome back.

Why should they?

can u please ignore my posts like u promised? is that a problem?
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by muhsin(m): 12:09pm On Aug 12, 2009
noetic2:

can u please ignore my posts like u promised? is that a problem?

Can't you remember how it went after I did that promise? I simply rescind it. LOL grin

Am I causing you any trouble, man? Lets have a civil discussion. . .at least thats what we are here for, right?

Thanks for your understanding.
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by muhsin(m): 12:49pm On Aug 12, 2009
Assalamu alaikum,

Narrated By Abu Huraira:

A bedouin urinated in the mosque, and the people rushed to beat him. Allah's Apostle ordered them to leave him and pour a bucket or a tumbler (full) of water over the place where he has passed urine. The Prophet then said, " You have been sent to make things easy (for the people) and you have not been sent to make things difficult for them."

Bukhari - Volume 8 - Book 73 - Hadith 149
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by noetic2: 2:17pm On Aug 12, 2009
muhsin:

Can't you remember how it went after I did that promise? I simply rescind it. LOL grin

Am I causing you any trouble, man? Lets have a civil discussion. . .at least thats what we are here for, right?

Thanks for your understanding.

u actually repeated ur words for a second time. I would prefer u ignore my posts. . . .As I cannot have u insult me at ur pleasure.
If my posts dont make sense to u. . .just ignore it.
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by sleek29(m): 2:47pm On Aug 12, 2009
Narrated Anas bin Malik:

A group of eight men from the tribe of 'Ukil came to the Prophet and then they found the climate of Medina unsuitable for them. So, they said, "O Allah's Apostle! Provide us with some milk." Allah's Apostle said, "I recommend that you should join the herd of camels." So they went and drank the urine and the milk of the camels (as a medicine) till they became healthy and fat. Then they killed the shepherd and drove away the camels, and they became unbelievers after whey were Muslims. When the Prophet was informed by a shouter for help, he sent some men in their pursuit, and before the sun rose high, they were brought, and he had their hands and feet cut off. Then he ordered for nails which were heated and passed over their eyes, and whey were left in the Harra (i.e. rocky land in Medina). They asked for water, and nobody provided them with water till they died (Abu Qilaba, a sub-narrator said, "They committed murder and theft and fought against Allah and His Apostle, and spread evil in the land."wink

horrific!!!

bukhari vol 4 no 261
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by sleek29(m): 2:50pm On Aug 12, 2009
Narrated Ikrima:

Ali burnt some people and this news reached Ibn 'Abbas, who said, "Had I been in his place I would not have burnt them, as the Prophet said, 'Don't punish (anybody) with Allah's Punishment.' No doubt, I would have killed them, for the Prophet said, 'If somebody (a Muslim) discards his religion, kill him.' "
super horrific

bukhari vol 4 no 260
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by sleek29(m): 2:53pm On Aug 12, 2009
bukhar Hadith 4:271
Narrated Jabir:

The Prophet said, "Who is ready to kill Ka'b bin Ashraf (i.e. a Jew)." Muhammad bin Maslama replied, "Do you like me to kill him?" The Prophet replied in the affirmative. Muhammad bin Maslama said, "Then allow me to say what I like." The Prophet replied, "I do (i.e. allow you)."

killing is islamic
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by sleek29(m): 2:58pm On Aug 12, 2009
Narrated 'Amr bin Al-Harith:

The Prophet did not leave anything (after his death) except his arms, a white mule, and a (piece of) land(khaibar,jewish settlement he took after invading it) which he had given as Sadaqa

what a warrior!!!
bukhari 4:330
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by muhsin(m): 5:03pm On Aug 12, 2009
noetic2:

u actually repeated ur words for a second time. I would prefer u ignore my posts. . . .As I cannot have u insult me at ur pleasure.
If my posts dont make sense to u. . .just ignore it.

We are not wholly good, nor are we wholly bad. Some of your posts make sense, while some don't.
I will, thus, attend to those that make sense and ignore the senseless, disposable ones.
Do I make myself clear?

BTW, where did I ever insult you? Can you or anybody show me where?
I only know where I reciprocated your insults. And that was then, and this is now.
I am only and only interested in a civil and matured follow of discussion--thats why am here.
Thanks.
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by muhsin(m): 5:16pm On Aug 12, 2009
sleek29:

Narrated Anas bin Malik:

A group of eight men from the tribe of 'Ukil came to the Prophet and then they found the climate of Medina unsuitable for them. So, they said, "O Allah's Apostle! Provide us with some milk." Allah's Apostle said, "I recommend that you should join the herd of camels." So they went and drank the urine and the milk of the camels (as a medicine) till they became healthy and fat. Then they killed the shepherd and drove away the camels, and they became unbelievers after whey were Muslims. When the Prophet was informed by a shouter for help, he sent some men in their pursuit, and before the sun rose high, they were brought, and he had their hands and feet cut off. Then he ordered for nails which were heated and passed over their eyes, and whey were left in the Harra (i.e. rocky land in Medina). They asked for water, and nobody provided them with water till they died. (Abu Qilaba, a sub-narrator said, "They committed murder and theft and fought against Allah and His Apostle, and spread evil in the land."wink

horrific!!!

bukhari vol 4 no 261

Pity.

Your case is simply twofold:

1-You either are so myopic and hence can't see the words in the bold portion. OR

2-You are so closed-minded and as a result can't make meaning out of these words.

If not I don't think there was/is any rule that will let go of these UNGRATEFUL schmucks. Their merciless and thankless action called and warranted for what was done to them. Think man!
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by muhsin(m): 5:22pm On Aug 12, 2009
sleek29:

Narrated Ikrima:

Ali burnt some people and this news reached Ibn 'Abbas, who said, "Had I been in his place I would not have burnt them, as the Prophet said, 'Don't punish (anybody) with Allah's Punishment.' No doubt, I would have killed them, for the Prophet said, 'If somebody (a Muslim) discards his religion, kill him.' "
super horrific

bukhari vol 4 no 260

Killing an apostate is an old law by the God. Although I can't just quote the verse but am sure that is contain even in the bible.

More over, this issue has had been fully discussed. Maybe its because you are a newbie thats why you don't know. Who knows? Search the archives, man.
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by noetic2: 5:37pm On Aug 12, 2009
sleek29:

Narrated Anas bin Malik:

A group of eight men from the tribe of 'Ukil came to the Prophet and then they found the climate of Medina unsuitable for them. So, they said, "O Allah's Apostle! Provide us with some milk." Allah's Apostle said, "I recommend that you should join the herd of camels." So they went and drank the urine and the milk of the camels (as a medicine) till they became healthy and fat. Then they killed the shepherd and drove away the camels, and they became unbelievers after whey were Muslims. When the Prophet was informed by a shouter for help, he sent some men in their pursuit, and before the sun rose high, they were brought, and he had their hands and feet cut off. Then he ordered for nails which were heated and passed over their eyes, and whey were left in the Harra (i.e. rocky land in Medina). They asked for water, and nobody provided them with water till they died (Abu Qilaba, a sub-narrator said, "They committed murder and theft and fought against Allah and His Apostle, and spread evil in the land."wink

horrific!!!

bukhari vol 4 no 261

This is horrible.

Now I know why forgiveness is NEVER an option in islam undecided
This is really sad.
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by noetic2: 5:38pm On Aug 12, 2009
sleek29:

Narrated Ikrima:

super horrific

bukhari vol 4 no 260

This is so true.
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by muhsin(m): 5:43pm On Aug 12, 2009
sleek29:

bukhar Hadith 4:271
Narrated Jabir:

The Prophet said, "Who is ready to kill Ka'b bin Ashraf (i.e. a Jew)." Muhammad bin Maslama replied, "Do you like me to kill him?" The Prophet replied in the affirmative. Muhammad bin Maslama said, "Then allow me to say what I like." The Prophet replied, "I do (i.e. allow you)."

killing is islamic

Thats your major blunder. You just see hadeeth and give it meaning. Why do one have to go to school before he's said to be learned? Can't we just pick up a thing, read and claim you are educated? Mts.

What I mean here is: you don't know whatKa'b bin Ashraf did and called for the prophet's harsh response to him, but you just. . . Cut the crap!
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by muhsin(m): 5:47pm On Aug 12, 2009
noetic2:

This is horrible.

Now I know why forgiveness is NEVER an option in islam undecided
This is really sad.

Didn't you read hadeeth of today? Here it's:

Narrated By Abu Huraira:

A bedouin urinated in the mosque, and the people rushed to beat him. Allah's Apostle ordered them to leave him and pour a bucket or a tumbler (full) of water over the place where he has passed urine. The Prophet then said, " You have been sent to make things easy (for the people) and you have not been sent to make things difficult for them."

Bukhari - Volume 8 - Book 73 - Hadith 149

Can you objectively explain what his (the Prophet) action here means? Thanks
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by muhsin(m): 5:54pm On Aug 12, 2009
sleek29:

Narrated 'Amr bin Al-Harith:

The Prophet did not leave anything (after his death) except his arms, a white mule, and a (piece of) land(khaibar,jewish settlement he took after invading it) which he had given as Sadaqa

what a warrior!!!
bukhari 4:330

This is one of the many reason why we believe the prophet Muhammad, may Allah exalt his mention, is a true messenger of God, the Creator. He did all he did for not worldly possession but just fulfillment of God's commandment. Alhamdulillah!

May Allah, the Exalted, guide us to the right path, amen.
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by Abuzola(m): 9:02pm On Aug 12, 2009
Amin
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by Abuzola(m): 9:15pm On Aug 12, 2009
@muhsin, i tend to disagree with the abrogation of the law of the apostate of killing them. Can you open a thread and post your facts/proof that the law killing of apostate is abrogated. I want to learn
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by noetic2: 10:16pm On Aug 12, 2009
Abuzola:

@muhsin, i tend to disagree with the abrogation of the law of the apostate of killing them. Can you open a thread and post your facts/proof that the law killing of apostate is abrogated. I want to learn

no law was aborogated. . .islam kills forever undecided
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by Abuzola(m): 11:52pm On Aug 12, 2009
You think you are smart, am gonna show you am smarter.

Lets see how christianity is peaceful,
what does the bible says about rejecting faith

Deuteronomy 13:6-9
'if your brother, the son of your mother or your son or your daughter, or the wife of your bosom or your friend who is as your own soul, entices you secretly saying 'Let us go and serve other gods, which neither you nor your have fathers have known, some of the gods of the gods of the people that are round you, whether near you or far off from other, you shall not yield to him or listen to him nor shall your eye pity him, nor shall you spare him, nor shall you conceal him, but you shall kill him, your hand shall be first against him to put him to death, and afterward the hands of all the people'

Ezekiel 9:5-6
'And to the others he said in my hearing 'pass through the city after him and smite, your eye shall not spare and you shall show no pity, slay old men outright, young men and maidens, little children and women, but touch no one upon whom is the mark. And begin at my sanctuary' so they began with the elders who were before the house'

see how christianity is, to make matter worst Psalm 58:10 'The righteous will rejoice when he sees the vengeance: he will bath his feet in the blood of the wicked'

hahahaha, this is the christianity of peace you are talking about.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply)

Hajj: Nigerians Won’t Stone Devil Again – Sanusi. / Sallah Cow Forced Into A Small Car Ahead Of Eid-el-Kabir Celebration / Meet Sheikh Chukwuemeka, The Igbo Man That Translated Quran From Arabic To Igbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.