Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,238 members, 7,836,144 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? - Religion (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? (43488 Views)

Poll: Does the New Testament require us to tithe?

Yes: 38% (28 votes)
No: 61% (44 votes)
This poll has ended

Who Says God Can Not Change Your Story (photo) / Reasons Why Tithing Is Irrelevant Under The New Covenant / The Truth Your Pastor Would Not Tell You About Tithes: Tithing Is Unscriptural U (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Tonyet1(m): 5:04pm On Jan 04, 2010
And to you Pastor AIO,

i think i'll have more of your time by morrow, so you'll not be parading this place with fake and daft notions. until then i say Happy 2010 embarassed embarassed
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Joagbaje(m): 5:08pm On Jan 04, 2010
@ chukwudi44
chukwudi44:

in essence christ only came to abolish d non-lucrative parts of the law,while the lucrative parts like tithes were allowed to continue.

Even if I were to agree that tithe is still valid,could you please explain hw the frequency of tithing was increased from once in three years(deut 14:28,deut 26:12) to the now monthly,and weekly tithing practised today.

If you say today's tithe is in the order of melchizedek,we all know that Abraham only paid tithe to melchizedek once in his life time,either way it was never paid weekly or monthly besides Abraham left no instruction for it to continue.

Also Jesus,was here for 33 yrs and never asked anyone to pay tithes to him in the order of melchizedek.

Paul of tarsus never asked anyone to pay tithes for him as he fended for himself by building tenths.
Tithing did not originate under the law. Jesus was the fulfilment of the law.
Jesus could not ask for tithe because he was not yet highpriest while he was on the earth he encouraged people to tithe. remember he was not a levite while on earth.

Concerning the frequency of tithe. it is according as God prosper a man. They were predominantly farmers and in agriculture ,there are seasons. they have time of shearing sheep etc.

money is our medium of exchange. I am a gifted artist will i bring frames as tithe?  i make sales. my harvest is money, and i give cash. I am not bound by 10 percent i give God 20 or 30 Percent . some give more as their tithe . it is a thing of faith.  as God prospered me.
1 Cor. 16:2
   Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Tonyet1(m): 5:33pm On Jan 04, 2010
@ Joagaje,

let me add to what you are telling that catholic baby (Chukwudi), Chukwudi as well as a handful of the anti-tithers believ that because the law was practised same time with the mosaic law meant that it was a law (how pathetic a notion) and that because Jesus fulfilled the law meant also that HE FULFILLED AND FOREVER CONDEMNED TITHING (i weep bitterly over this heresy).

Now i went to the sciptures to do some studying and this are what i found

1. Jesus did not even abolished anything like Law, He rather fulfilled it

2. And what are the Laws i asked myself, could it be the Law of God or the law of Moses, and i discovered that it was the Laws of moses and the prophets Jesus fulfilled

3. What are the Laws of God, they are the commandments and covenants of God which were - "thou shalt not steal"; "thou shalt not murder"; "thou shalt not call the nameof God in vain" and the list goes on and on same with the promises of establishing a messaic seed thru' Abraham. which meant that [u]if one is saying Jesus abolished all this afore mentioned, therefore we all should just go on and start stealing, murdering and so on, afterall KunleOshod and his cohorts says "Jesus has abolished (made invalid) the Laws of God.

4. What was actually fulfilled were the laws of Moses, like NT puts it, they were refered to as the Law of death, because all the laws of Moses came with a penalty and punishements for violators and not just that, but its effects were physical as well as spiritual. I have quoted passages regarding such here and the anti-tithers keep turning deaf ears. (hypocrites i call them)

5. Again i discovered that there was never a place the bible refered to TITHING as a LAW, never! Becos it was plainly a custom that began b4 the law, so how come daft ascertions of the anti-tithers will opine tithing to be a LAW. no one has been able bring a defense since the birth of this thrread.

6.For even the Law that they see as evil was even approved in a way by Paul and his clear teaching

>>>1 Tim 1:8

But we know that the law is good , if a man use it rightly (ASV)

so what is the big deal about the law and its evil sef, i wonder what all this napkin-children keep arguing about sef
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Zikkyy(m): 5:42pm On Jan 04, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

In the same vein, God has in His infinite wisdom, planted His children in various parts of the world today. He, therefore, expects us as "light of the world" to, through the gospel, touch and brighten the corners where we are.

The gospel also provides that he who is taught in the word, should communicate to him that teaches, in all good things (Galatians 6:6). We are to free God’s ministers from distracting cares, and to leave them at leisure for the duties of ministry; so that they may be wholly employed therein. The maintenance of ministers is a thing to be taken seriously according to the will of God; those who preach the gospel should live by the gospel, and comfortably too.

Unlike the Levites, we have (in addition to earthly benefits), eternal inheritance which fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for us, having begotten us unto a lively hope through the eternal sacrifice of Christ, our Saviour. What a privilege!

Thought for today: A crowning day awaits us in heaven.

This has absolutely no correlation with the practice of compulsory tithing. If you need money from your congregation, ask!! If they like and believe in you, they will deliver. Don’t force it out of their pocket. That’s criminal.

@Tonye-t, my man go get another job I beg. This is 2010 you have to repent of your old ways and move on. You know I will not allow you preach this your false belief of compulsory tithe payable to the MOG  angry angry

BTW How was your trip to Greece? Any new discovery (i.e. new scrolls) on tithing?  cheesy cheesy
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by afamblondy: 6:35pm On Jan 04, 2010
God does not need money ,else he can be classified as a poor God.And if all wealth comes from God why do you have to give it back to him.Is it like recycling money or what?
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Joagbaje(m): 7:40pm On Jan 04, 2010
afamblondy:

God does not need money ,else he can be classified as a poor God.And if all wealth comes from God why do you have to give it back to him.Is it like recycling money or what?

We dont give to God because he has a need. We dont give to Man of God because he is poor. We give to God for our prosperity.

Psalm 50:9-15
I will take no bullock out of thy house, nor he goats out of thy folds. [10] For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills. [11] I know all the fowls of the mountains: and the wild beasts of the field are mine. [12] If I were hungry, I would not tell thee: for the world is mine, and the fulness thereof. [13] Will I eat the flesh of bulls, or drink the blood of goats? [14] Offer unto God thanksgiving; and pay thy vows unto the most High: [15] And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.

Philip. 4:16-19
For even in Thessalonica ye sent once and again unto my necessity. [17] Not because I desire a gift: but I desire fruit that may abound to your account. [18] But I have all, and abound: I am full, having received of Epaphroditus the things which were sent from you, an odour of a sweet smell, a sacrifice acceptable, wellpleasing to God. [19] But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by ttalks(m): 7:49pm On Jan 04, 2010
Joagbaje:

We dont give to God because he has a need. We dont give to Man of God because he is poor. We give to God for our prosperity.

Which essentially reveals you and your lot for what you are -
You don't give because you care about others or love others. You give so as to increase your kitty and ensure your own satisfaction (investing in lucrative businesses to get a windfall of dividends grin)
You guys don't rep christianity at all when scrutinized properly.

If you read the word of God and can't come to the conclusion that your relationship with other human beings show the truth of your proclaimed love for God,
then you are completely lost.

All over the scripture, God has shown that we show or demonstrate our love and faithfulness to him by how we relate to and treat our fellow human beings.
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by viaro: 7:54pm On Jan 04, 2010
ttalks:

Which essentially reveals you and your lot for what you are -
You don't give because you care about others or love others. You give so as to increase your kitty and ensure your own satisfaction (investing in lucrative businesses to get a windfall of dividends grin)
You guys don't rep christianity at all when scrutinized properly.

Just from one quote he made, you have sized him up completely as to prejudge him, no?

I think we ought to be very careful in the things we say.
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by PastorAIO: 8:01pm On Jan 04, 2010
Yoruba is such a wonderful language.  Very incisive.  Cuts straight to the point.  And our ancestors have told us already that  Oruko l'on Roni.  In other words your name heralds you.  It is your name that will tell us what you are about.

This guy's name is Agbaje, what else do you think that he's after in this world.  Money, full stop, no comma, complete full period, end of story.  Chei, our ancestral sense na wonderful thing o!  Where is he going to get the money to fill up his agbaje?  That is what he is looking for and you guys want to block him with the truth.  You want to burst his calabash so that it can leak.  Any yoruba guy will tell you that jo means to leak in yoruba.  So Jo Agbaje is his username in Nairaland, hence it is in this nairaland that his Agbaje will burst. QED
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by ttalks(m): 8:03pm On Jan 04, 2010
viaro:

Just from one quote he made, you have sized him up completely as to prejudge him, no?

I think we ought to be very careful in the things we say.

My conclusions are not based on just that one quote he made.
It is a combination of everything he's been saying and I have seen that even before his final quote.
He just sealed what i felt about him with that quote.
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:16pm On Jan 04, 2010
chukwudi44:

@oladeegbu

pentecostals who are the most aggressive in collection of tithes has contributed virtually nothing to evangelism as most of their forays are to countries that are already christian centurues ago.They hardly go to non -christian ountries to evangelise.

Can you explain to us how the gospel spread to the uttermost parts of the world including Africa? And when I say the gospel I do not mean the religious organisations. Do you know the different means of evangelizing that has been adopted by evangelical churches and ministries?
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:27pm On Jan 04, 2010
KunleOshob:

The above is very factual they hardly spread the gospel, all they do is to spread their church branches to prosperous countries all over the worl that there is already a sizeable Nigerian population [ready market]to patronize them.

@chukwudi44
Happy newyear my brother.

There may be some facts in what you have said but that is not the whole truth, you don't have to use the same brush to paint them all. There are churches and ministries that faithfully and sacrificially send out missionaries to villages and countries that have not heard the glorious gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ despite the fact that there are charlatans who only go on missionary journeys where there are dollars and pound sterling signs.
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:35pm On Jan 04, 2010
Pastor AIO:

Happy New Year everybody!!

Please I am looking for able bodied ministers with zeal for the word of the Lord to go to Saudi Arabia and spread the gospel. To mecca to be precise. It will have to be a covert mission since the Meccan authorities will not allow any religion outside of islam to be preached or practiced in that city. However remember that the lord said that the gospel will be preached to ends of the earth before the coming of the lord. Therefore we must leave no stone unturned.

Any volunteers?

Happy New Year to you sir. Even though folks are allowing themselves to be used by Satan to prevent people from tithing or preaching God is still working till now saving souls in ways you cannot fathom. Watch the testimony of this ardent faithful Muslim guy on how he encountered the saving grace of our Lord Jesus Christ against all odds;

[center][flash=500,400]http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=-8870177642686242029&hl=en&fs=true[/flash][/center]
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:41pm On Jan 04, 2010
KunleOshob:

I would like to recommend Pastor Tonye-tithes, Pastor Olaadegbu and Pastor Image123 they have a burning zeal for the word and they would be able to manipulate the oil rich Arabs into parting with 10% of their multi million dollars oil earnings which we can further use to propel the gospel.

Watch this film that shows you how the gospel is being preached and taken to rural areas. I am sure you have no idea that this kind of missionary work exists even in our beloved country and which has been backed up by faithful stewards of the Lord.

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKVmQfniSBQ&hl=en&fs=1&border=1[/flash]
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by PastorAIO: 9:19pm On Jan 04, 2010
Are those films historical facts or se na nollywood? Because if Nollywood be your evidence . . . ol boy, I never start but I don already tire.
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Enigma(m): 10:35pm On Jan 04, 2010
Tonye-t:

1. Can you prove it! else save your breath

2. Permit me to say that you're dead wrong, men how do christians here read there own biblos sef, are you saying the blessings of opening the floodgates of heaven was written by a daft God? or are you saying the blessings Melchisedek poured on the Patriach Father was in vain, for christ sake, its high time we all leave this biase mindset and see the realities of God's blessings from His word alone

Prov 3:
9 - Honor the Lord with your capital and sufficiency [from righteous labors] and with the firstfruits of all your income;
10 - So shall your storage places be filled with plenty, and your vats shall be overflowing with new wine
AMP

For Christ sake The Lord's Honor should not be robbed him, na wa o! NL xtians. Let me save my phalanges from the other points abeg. angry angry angry

The combination of your attitude and ignorance suggests that I would indeed do better to "save my breath" as far as you are concerned.
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by ttalks(m): 1:17am On Jan 05, 2010
1Jn 4:12
(12) No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

The above depicts christianity.

1Jn 4:20
(20) If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?

True words above. Christianity is not about doing this or that so as to get this or that. Christianity is about loving one another(in deed and not just in words or facial expressions grin).
We are to love one another just as God loved us and still forever loves us.
It is not about some life ritual of fulfilling this or that; but earnestly living a life of unconditional love for one another.

1Jn 3:16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.
1Jn 3:17 But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?
1Jn 3:18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
1Jn 3:19 And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.

Giving as recognized by God is that which we do towards meeting the needs of those who are in need. That is a true sign of love for others.
Giving based on ceremony or anything else other than meeting needs or with the basis of what one hopes to receive in return is not a sign of true love.
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by KunleOshob(m): 9:22am On Jan 05, 2010
ttalks:

1Jn 4:12
(12) No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

The above depicts christianity.

1Jn 4:20
(20) If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?
@Ttalks
Thank you soooo much for the scriptures above, i have been trying to locate then in the bible for a while as i forgot the exact book, chapter and verse they are located. I needed it to show some of our hypocritical christians here on nairaland who claim they love God what it truly means biblically speaking to love God. I would like to repost the whole passage below so that people can read and understand it in it's full context.

1 John 4:7-21:

Loving One Another
7 Dear friends, let us continue to love one another, for love comes from God. Anyone who loves is a child of God and knows God. 8 But anyone who does not love does not know God, for God is love.
9 God showed how much he loved us by sending his one and only Son into the world so that we might have eternal life through him. 10 This is real love—not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins.

11 Dear friends, since God loved us that much, we surely ought to love each other. 12 No one has ever seen God. But if we love each other, God lives in us, and his love is brought to full expression in us.

13 And God has given us his Spirit as proof that we live in him and he in us. 14 Furthermore, we have seen with our own eyes and now testify that the Father sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. 15 All who confess that Jesus is the Son of God have God living in them, and they live in God. 16 We know how much God loves us, and we have put our trust in his love.

God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them. 17 And as we live in God, our love grows more perfect. So we will not be afraid on the day of judgment, but we can face him with confidence because we live like Jesus here in this world.

18 Such love has no fear, because perfect love expels all fear. If we are afraid, it is for fear of punishment, and this shows that we have not fully experienced his perfect love. 19 We love each other because he loved us first.

20 If someone says, “I love God,” but hates a brother or sister, that person is a liar; for if we don’t love people we can see, how can we love God, whom we cannot see? 21 And he has given us this command: Those who love God must also love their brothers and sisters.
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Zikkyy(m): 10:19am On Jan 05, 2010
@KunleOshob, this your preaching on ‘love based giving’ will not fly oooo!! My people will not give for free. I guess the best way to beat the MOGs at their own game is to adopt their approach. If you can find a way of linking the love thing to prosperity Tonye-t will be one of your first convert grin grin grin
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by KunleOshob(m): 10:34am On Jan 05, 2010
Zikkyy:

@KunleOshob, this your preaching on ‘love based giving’ will not fly oooo!! My people will not give for free. I guess the best way to beat the MOGs at their own game is to adopt their approach. If you can find a way of linking the love thing to prosperity Tonye-t will be one of your first convert grin grin grin

And that is why Jesus said that the way to salvation is very narrow and very few would find it[matthew 7:13-14], God cannot be deceived. You have to give out of the goodness of your heart based on genuine love and not becos of the selfish reason of wanting to prosper that these prosperity merchants preach today for God to reard you, and that reward is not on this earth but in the world to come.

Matthew 7:13-14:
13 “You can enter God’s Kingdom only through the narrow gate. The highway to hell[a] is broad, and its gate is wide for the many who choose that way. 14 But the gateway to life is very narrow and the road is difficult, and only a few ever find it.
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:47am On Jan 05, 2010
Did anybody say giving?

Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by ttalks(m): 12:09pm On Jan 05, 2010
^^^^ It's all about the money . . . . . ta da da dam dam da dam dam . . . . . grin

But why must giving always be related to money?

Money is just one of the things that can be given; not the sole thing that can be given.
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Tonyet1(m): 12:18pm On Jan 05, 2010
Hey Mr.Ttalks,

At least before summing up the dude as a filtre lucre you should have read and see meaning from the passage he quoted, at least he never did so from a Koran but rather from the book we all read and learn from. I wonder when this biases will end here sef. To me NL religion sect aint a place to win any warfare but a place to meet and learn. Let me requote what he posted again

Joagbaje:

Psalm 50:9-15
I will take no bullock out of thy house, nor he goats out of thy folds. [10] For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills. [11] I know all the fowls of the mountains: and the wild beasts of the field are mine. [12] If I were hungry, I would not tell thee: for the world is mine, and the fulness thereof. [13] Will I eat the flesh of bulls, or drink the blood of goats? [14] Offer unto God thanksgiving; and pay thy vows unto the most High: [15] And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.

Philip. 4:16-19
For even in Thessalonica ye sent once and again unto my necessity. [17] Not because I desire a gift: but I desire fruit that may abound to your account. [18] But I have all, and abound: I am full, having received of Epaphroditus the things which were sent from you, an odour of a sweet smell, a sacrifice acceptable, wellpleasing to God. [19] But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Tonyet1(m): 12:22pm On Jan 05, 2010
Ttalks,

save us your nursery rhymes and tell us plainly what you can make up with this passage

Matt.23:23 - And Jesus said unto them practise mercy, practise Justice, practise Faithfulness and also do not neglect to practise Tithing (American paraphrased version)

Simple! I m open to learn from the wise-ttalks cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:42pm On Jan 05, 2010
Pastor AIO:

Are those films historical facts or se na nollywood? Because if Nollywood be your evidence . . . ol boy, I never start but I don already tire.

Oga Paistor, the film is just dramatising how real Christians (missionaries) reach out to rural (African) settings that are still living under the bondage of Satan and have not been exposed to the light of the glorious gospel message. These missionaries, like the one in this film, are sponsored by the funds from their churches or ministries which come from tithes and offerings. I don't think the anti tithers here on this forum are aware that this type of ministry exists otherwise they would'nt be kicking against the goads.

The other film is a true testimony of how a muslim fundamentalist encountered Christ who appeared to him in the prison cell. The lesson that I am trying to bring out is that no matter how people try to prevent Christians from preaching the gospel God will always find a way out so that this gospel would be preached. Either people choose to pay and give their tithes and offerings or not, go on missionary journeys or not, God will use those who are willing and available even if He has to raise stones to do it.
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:03pm On Jan 05, 2010
ttalks:

^^^^ It's all about the money . . . . . ta da da dam dam da dam dam . . . . . grin

But why must giving always be related to money?

Money is just one of the things that can be given; not the sole thing that can be given.

ttalk, now you are talking.  You are right by saying that money is just one of the things to be given.  Good stewardship demands that we give all of our talents, treasures, time and thoughts for the kingdom's use.  If you guys are still arguing over 10% of your income what would you say of faithful stewards that are prepared to give 100% of their income for the propagation of gospel of Christ.  That is what is called true stewardship in Christianity.
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Joagbaje(m): 1:52pm On Jan 05, 2010
@Tonye-t
Tonye-t:

Ttalks,

save us your nursery rhymes and tell us plainly what you can make up with this passage

Matt.23:23 - And Jesus said unto them practise mercy, practise Justice, practise Faithfulness and also do not neglect to practise Tithing (American paraphrased version)

I can assure you they wont answer, but rather pretend not to see it and then bring up another irrelivant issue
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by ogajim(m): 3:02pm On Jan 05, 2010
Tonye-tithe and co are like Bernard Madoff  in that they expect you to "invest" some money with them except that these pimps tell you your payment is coming from somewhere else other than what they "took" from others.

It is truly a despicable act to try to profit from the Scriptures after Jesus Christ gave his life for free cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Jesus did not "collect" when he came down but somehow "collects" now that he is our high priest? what about LOVE for our neighbors, doing good to others, forgiveness, etc? Is money more important than these? Why did the Scriptures warn us about the love of money?

The LAW was still in effect until Jesus PAID out DEBT in FULL on the CROSS, get it now?

Get behind me SCAMMERS wink
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by KunleOshob(m): 4:03pm On Jan 05, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

ttalk, now you are talking.  You are right by saying that money is just one of the things to be given.  Good stewardship demands that we give all of our talents, treasures, time and thoughts for the kingdom's use.  If you guys are still arguing over 10% of your income what would you say of faithful stewards that are prepared to give 100% of their income for the propagation of gospel of Christ.  That is what is called true stewardship in Christianity.

Mr olaadegbu, kindly note that what most of us christians who critisize the concept of tithing are actually critisizing is the manipulative way supposed men of God preach it to their congregation. If they told their congregation the truth that it is just a voluntary practise i don't think we would be having this various threads on tithes on this forum. Nobody as spoken against voluntery giving towards the propagation of the gospel be it 10% or 100%.

Joagbaje:

@Tonye-t
I can assure you they wont answer, but rather pretend not to see it and then bring up another irrelivant issue

Since you are relatively new on this forum apart from the fact that you are dliberately ignorant, Matthew 23:23 as been explained tooo many times on this forum, nobody has ever pretended not to see it. in that passage Jesus was addressing pharisees who were under the law and oblidge to tithe and NOT christians who are clearly not under the law or obligated to comply with it. That apart the tithes Jesus was talking about there was that of mint and cumin[agricultural produce] and not money like your twisted preachers try to make it out to be.
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by ttalks(m): 4:46pm On Jan 05, 2010
Tonye-t:

Ttalks,

Tonye-t, do you seriously need a memory jog?

Consider this below:

In the old days:-

Principal says at the morning assembly - "Students, it has been observed that you come to the exam hall with your pens to write down your answers to the exam questions but you neglect the most important thing which is to prepare hard by studying for the exam.
That is why, despite the fact that you put down answers in your sheets, you end up failing woefully.
You ought to study hard and properly and also to come with your pens to the exam hall in order to write down correct answers and pass your exams."

In the new days(data age):-

Principal says in his email message to every student - "Students, we are now using computers for your examinations now.
The questions are in the systems and all you are required to do is prepare well for the exams, come to the exam hall without any pens or writing materials as all you would be required to do is click on the correct answers with the mouse of your computer."

Now relate the above to matthew 23:23 Mr. Tonye.

Keynotes/Keywords:
Old days - old covenant/old testament
New days/data age - new covenant/new testament
Pen(s) - Tithe(s)
Studying/preparing - Justice,mercy and faith.

That's all I have for you. try to decipher what i'm driving at  wink
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by ogajim(m): 5:00pm On Jan 05, 2010
ttalks:

Tonye-t, do you seriously need a memory jog?

Consider this below:

In the old days:-

Principal says at the morning assembly - "Students, it has been observed that you come to the exam hall with your pens to write down your answers to the exam questions but you neglect the most important thing which is to prepare hard by studying for the exam.
That is why, despite the fact that you put down answers in your sheets, you end up failing woefully.
You ought to study hard and properly and also to come with your pens to the exam hall in order to write down correct answers and pass your exams."

In the new days(data age):-

Principal says in his email message to every student - "Students, we are now using computers for your examinations now.
The questions are in the systems and all you are required to do is prepare well for the exams, come to the exam hall without any pens or writing materials as all you would be required to do is click on the correct answers with the mouse of your computer."

Now relate the above to matthew 23:23 Mr. Tonye.

Keynotes/Keywords:
Old days - old covenant/old testament
New days/data age - new covenant/new testament
Pen(s) - Tithe(s)
Studying/preparing - Justice,mercy and faith.

That's all I have for you. try to decipher what i'm driving at  wink

Can Tonye-tithe find an ancient scroll in Greece that answers this? we hope he is not one of those modern day Pharisee since Jesus was addressing the old "guard", na wa for these prosperity PIMPS and their students oooooooo! shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Tonyet1(m): 5:03pm On Jan 05, 2010
ogajim:

The LAW was still in effect until Jesus PAID out DEBT in FULL on the CROSS, get it now?

Get behind me SCAMMERS wink

B-u-t-ful!!!! Just what i was lurking to hear, so Mr.Ogajim pls tell us which LAW was still in effect, and what DEBT did Jesus PAID in FULL on the CROSS. I m very keen on the LAW.! embarassed embarassed embarassed

Pls i kindly await your response.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (41) (Reply)

This Is The HOUSE TB Joshua Was Born In... / Pictures Of Winners Chapel International In Maryland, USA / Prophet Samuel Oyadara's 2018 Prophecy About Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu, Ambode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.