Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,810 members, 7,817,350 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

Who Is Jesus Christ? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is Jesus Christ? (10978 Views)

Is Jesus Really God? / Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? / Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by alimat2(f): 2:27pm On Sep 03, 2009
No direct answer to WHO IS JESUS
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:44pm On Sep 03, 2009
@ Topic:

((Direct answer)))
-Jesus christ is a jewish guy , according to the story told about him that guy is very stubborn person, so many twisted stories upon stories were written concerning him. Hid was killed because of the ignorance he render to the rulling authorities and cryed loud to the hiding God before he finally stop breathing. later he was buried and some people went there secretly and stole the death body away, and lieing he was risen by an unknown God hiding somewhere above the sky.

TO BE CONTINUE. . . .
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by kolaoloye(m): 3:13pm On Sep 03, 2009
alimat 2:

No direct answer to WHO IS JESUS
Haba! Alhaja shocked haven't you come across my response on this thread?
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by alimat2(f): 3:44pm On Sep 03, 2009
kola oloye:

Haba! Alhaja shocked haven't you come across my response on this thread?

Am sorry sir, but the respond was not direct, i could not find the verse in the bible when i wanted to check myself

I mean the verse where Jesus said he is God or part of trinity

Thank u sir
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by chibaby5(f): 3:52pm On Sep 03, 2009
Read John 10:30 cool
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by chibaby5(f): 3:58pm On Sep 03, 2009
also john 14: 10-12 smiley
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:34pm On Sep 04, 2009
Jesus is either an avatar of a god or he is an ancient dead foreign guy thoroughly enmeshed in myth. We really don't need to make a choice on that issue in order to decide that doing what he would do is probably not the best possible guide to sensible or moral behaviour.Jesus has shown himself prone to talk in riddles, to perform miracles, to act aggressively and bizarrely and to get himself killed.
The chap threw a temper tantrum in the holiest place of his religion, making him guilty of the crime of affray, breach of the peace and probably criminal damage. Of course you could also accuse him of sacrilege.He cursed a fig tree, which surely counts as witchcraft as well as quite shocking petulance. angry

And on the morrow, when they were come from Bethany, he was hungry: And seeing a fig tree afar off having leaves, he came, if haply he might find any thing thereon: and when he came to it, he found nothing but leaves; for the time of figs was not yet. And Jesus answered and said unto it, No man eat fruit of thee hereafter for ever. And his disciples heard it.

What does the life of Jesus teach us about love and sex? jesus does not seem to have a wife or children. This is unusual for a man of his age in a traditional agricultural society. He travels with a dozen men, one of whom is known as the disciple that he loved. He does not seem to have much to say about sex, love, desire, marriage or being a father. Don't your alarm bells start ringing when you think about that . . ? huh?? But of course he does have women in his life, a prostitute and his mother. Doesn't that set your mind at ease?Come on, think about this.

please forget the martyrs and religious lunatics who got persecuted for promoting weird religion. Forget the idea that anybody is a perfect model to emulate, nobody is perfect. We should develop a suite of heroes who exhibited different virtues who can help us make the right decisions. We can't all be Christs, it would be a mad and dangerous world if significant numbers of people tried to be., Oh i pity .What Jesus would do can't really help very much in a lot of circumstances.

Only you can be your conscience. Be your own hero, don't attribute any wonderful things you do to the help of an outside agency that isn't there.

Don't let some son of a sky pixie get the credit for what you did. You can be a great person, somebody you would like to meet, somebody you would like to be. Be your own hero.

Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by mamlaka(m): 12:50pm On Sep 04, 2009
chi-baby:

also john 14: 10-12  smiley

I like that.

That shows me that Jesus and I are identical and that I can do more than what Jesus did while on earth.

. . .Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.  John 14:12

I'm simply a god.
I have said, Ye are gods. . .Psalms 82:6
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Abuzola(m): 1:22pm On Sep 04, 2009
Hahaha. Who can do more wonder than God and mightier than God ? The bible is just a fairy inspiration
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by mamlaka(m): 1:43pm On Sep 04, 2009
I have the same power as Jesus Christ - 1 John 4:17 I have the same faith as Jesus - Gal 2:20

I am married to Jesus.

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. James 4:7

Every devil flee!!!
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Maykelly(f): 2:50pm On Sep 04, 2009
Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him. 1 John 5:1
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Maykelly(f): 2:52pm On Sep 04, 2009
And from[b] Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead[/b], and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, Revelation 1:5
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Abuzola(m): 3:28pm On Sep 04, 2009
So God begot himself roflmao. What a bible
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Sep 04, 2009
Abuzola:

So God begot himself roflmao. What a bible

Are you still on this?

Haven't you been shown enough to tell you that the God of the Bible and Allah are not the same person?
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Abuzola(m): 3:50pm On Sep 04, 2009
Yeah the biblical god begot himself
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by chibaby5(f): 5:18pm On Sep 04, 2009
@Abuzola

yes! he wasnt created. he existed 4rm da very begining. in John 17:24b, Jesus said to the Father; You loved Me before the foundation of the world.
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Abuzola(m): 6:12pm On Sep 04, 2009
Didn't u read john 3:16
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by chibaby5(f): 6:18pm On Sep 04, 2009
eheh watz wrong wiv dat??
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Abuzola(m): 7:36pm On Sep 04, 2009
That jesus begot jesus
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 7:41pm On Sep 04, 2009
Imagine the people who believe such things and who are not ashamed to ignore, totally, all the patient findings of thinking minds through all the centuries since the Bible was written. And it is these ignorant people, the most uneducated, the most unimaginative, the most unthinking among us, who would make themselves the guides and leaders of us all; who would force their feeble and childish beliefs on us; who would invade our markets and foodstuffs and homes. I personally resent it bitterly and warn the people of Nigeria. . . my fellow compatriots embarassed

Who the heck do you think is Jesus?. . .huh??
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by chibaby5(f): 7:53pm On Sep 04, 2009
Abuzola:

That jesus begot jesus

yes cuz he wasnt created. He waz, even b4 da world began. .Datz y da Bible sayz. . .hez da begining and da end cool
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 8:05pm On Sep 04, 2009
chi-baby. . . You know Jesus was not created and you fail to know You and me are not also created in as much Jesus was born of a man just like you and every other human being. . .Curiously need to know if really you have not been sharing out of (Ignorantus virus) so that we find solution now.
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by chibaby5(f): 8:14pm On Sep 04, 2009
Ogaga4Luv:

chi-baby. . . You know Jesus was not created and you fail to know You and me are not also created in as much[b] Jesus was born of a man [/b]just like you and every other human being. . .Curiously need to know if really you have not been sharing out of (Ignorantus virus) so that we find solution now.

He left his Father'z throne 2 b born of a Man 4 a reason and dat is 2 wash away ur 'ignorantly' committed sins and mine. His love 4 u n I led him 2 da cross.
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by hubreality(m): 8:19pm On Sep 04, 2009
Our ratings for Jesus Christ does not change His Lordship; He is the Light of the World and Lord of Hosts.
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Abuzola(m): 8:22pm On Sep 04, 2009
Brilliant input, mr ogaga
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 8:26pm On Sep 04, 2009
no no please count me out my dear .I disagree with you, tell me  something reasonable ,not reasonless.how can you claim he left an unknown or hiding father throne,and if real how can he share the same throne with his father?,and i suddenly left for some reasons without proofs. . .Imagine you,a normal human being? so sorry you have no understanding on your own.

By the way what a heck are you saying in all. . .he left where? and who or how was he that he definately deceided to be born of a man?,(head shakeing) you forgot the bible cant proof the Bible?
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by chibaby5(f): 9:47pm On Sep 04, 2009
Ogaga4Luv:

no no please count me out my dear .I disagree with you, tell me something reasonable ,not reasonless.how can you claim he left an unknown or hiding father throne,and if real how can he share the same throne with his father?,and i suddenly left for some reasons without proofs. . .Imagine you,a normal human being? so sorry you have no understanding on your own.

By the way what a heck are you saying in all. . .he left where? and who or how was he that he definately deceided to be born of a man?,(head shakeing) you forgot the bible cant proof the Bible?

we not here 2 lay insults on any1 so cud u pls allow da rudeness. . . thank u

nwayz am dne witchu. . . u cn take a horse 2 a stream but def cnt force da horse 2 drink. . . stay blessed cool
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by hubreality(m): 11:07pm On Sep 04, 2009
It's meaningless and misleading for any unbeliever in Christ to explain the true state and nature of Jesus. The Scriptures are ever living. The Spirit that raised Jesus from death and the purpose therein are far beyond the concept and understanding of self, science, and religion.
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by dexmond: 10:45am On Sep 06, 2009
@Alimat, Abuzola, Olabowale, Bindex et al
JESUS IS ALL OF THE ABOVE!. Here are my reasons.

Ancient Hebrew prophecies had clearly predicted the reign offuture king who would bring peace to Israel and be their Savior. Here are some of the prophesies:

Prophecy: The Messiah would be from the lineage of King David. Jeremiah 23:5 600 B.C.

Fulfillment: "Jesus , the son of David , " Luke 3:23, 31 4 B.C.

Prophecy: The Messiah would be betrayed for 30 pieces of silver. Zechariah 11:13 487 B.C.

Fulfillment: "They gave him thirty pieces of silver." Matthew 26:15 30 A.D.

Prophecy: The Messiah would have his hands and feet pierced. Psalm 22:16 1000 B.C.

Fulfillment: "They came to a place called The Skull. All three were crucified there-Jesus on the center cross, and the two criminals on either side."
Luke 23:33 30 A.D.

Prophecy: People would cast lots for the Messiah's clothing. Psalm 22:18 1000 B.C.

Fulfillment: "The soldiers , took his robe, but it was seamless, woven in one piece from the top. So they said, 'Let's not tear it but throw dice to see who gets it.' " John 19:23-24 30 A.D.

Prophecy: The Messiah would appear riding on a donkey. Zechariah 9:9 500 B.C.

Fulfillment: "They brought the animals to him and threw their garments over the colt, and he sat on it." Matthew 21:7 30 A,D.

Prophecy: A messenger would be sent to herald the Messiah. Malachi 3:1 500 B.C.

Fulfillment: John told them, "I baptize with water, but right here in the crowd is someone you do not know." John 1:26 27 A.D.

Having fulfilled all these and many more, I believe he is the Messiah, and whatever he says then must be absolutely correct. Therefore, all those names and appellations attributed to him are what he is. If you are not a Christian, you can look for the Hebrew Torah on the net and see those prophesies for yourself and carry out a brief research not necessarily from the bible to see if he fulfilled them. A good way is to look at historical records.
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by zmurda(m): 10:54am On Sep 06, 2009
dexmond:

@Alimat, Abuzola, Olabowale, Bindex et al
JESUS IS ALL OF THE ABOVE!. Here are my reasons.

Ancient Hebrew prophecies had clearly predicted the reign offuture king who would bring peace to Israel and be their Savior. Here are some of the prophesies:

Prophecy: The Messiah would be from the lineage of King David.  Jeremiah 23:5 600 B.C.

Fulfillment: "Jesus ,  the son of David , "   Luke 3:23, 31 4 B.C.

Prophecy: The Messiah would be betrayed for 30 pieces of silver.     Zechariah 11:13 487 B.C.

Fulfillment: "They gave him thirty pieces of silver." Matthew 26:15 30 A.D.

Prophecy: The Messiah would have his hands and feet pierced. Psalm 22:16 1000 B.C.

Fulfillment: "They came to a place called The Skull. All three were crucified there-Jesus on the center cross, and the two criminals on either side."
Luke 23:33 30 A.D.

Prophecy: People would cast lots for the Messiah's clothing. Psalm 22:18 1000 B.C.

Fulfillment: "The soldiers ,  took his robe, but it was seamless, woven in one piece from the top. So they said, 'Let's not tear it but throw dice to see who gets it.' " John 19:23-24 30 A.D.

Prophecy: The Messiah would appear riding on a donkey. Zechariah 9:9 500 B.C.

Fulfillment: "They brought the animals to him and threw their garments over the colt, and he sat on it."     Matthew 21:7 30 A,D.

Prophecy: A messenger would be sent to herald the Messiah. Malachi 3:1 500 B.C.

Fulfillment: John told them, "I baptize with water, but right here in the crowd is someone you do not know." John 1:26 27 A.D.

Having fulfilled all these and many more, I believe he is the Messiah, and whatever he says then must be absolutely correct. Therefore, all those names and appellations attributed to him are what he is. If you are not a Christian, you can look for the Hebrew Torah on the net and see those prophesies for yourself and carry out a brief research not necessarily from the bible to see if he fulfilled them. A good way is to look at historical records.

Technically, since you are using the bible to prove that the prophecies were fulfilled, Jesus is the son of Mary, not of Joseph, hence cannot be from the lineage of David. I think you shouldn't be using this argument. If he was the son of David, then there was no virgin birth. Ultimately, there is a problem with believing Gabriel came to Mary at night. This throws spanners in the logic.
If its a virgin birth he had, then He's not the son of David.
Just my thoughts
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:01am On Sep 06, 2009
The Bible contradicts itself on matters of history. A person who reads and compares the contents of the Bible will be confused about exactly who Esau's wives were, whether Timnah was a concubine or a son, and whether Jesus' earthly lineage is through Solomon or his brother Nathan. These are but a few of hundreds of documented historical contradictions. If the Bible cannot confirm itself in mundane earthly matters, how are we to trust it on moral and spiritual matters?

Christians are always claiming, “he’s the lamb”, “our savior”, “the king of peace”, “the embodiment of love”, amongst the many other names they associate with a loving, merciful nature. Jesus a nice guy? Not in my book angry . Nor in any other person’s who is capable of compassion and rationality. Let’s examine who the hell the Jesus character really is. Think about it and find the right answers.
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Abuzola(m): 11:29am On Sep 06, 2009
Exactly

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12)

Did You Know Japan Bans Islam And ALL Muslims? / What Is Your Church's Theme (year Of) For 2024? / The Anthem Of The Redeemed Christian Church Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.