Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,130 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

Who Is Jesus Christ? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is Jesus Christ? (10975 Views)

Is Jesus Really God? / Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? / Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by noetic2: 11:56pm On Aug 12, 2009
Abuzola:

See me see trouble, so if i honour mr olabowale it means i worship him. You must be sick

grin grin are u so daft?
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Krayola(m): 11:57pm On Aug 12, 2009
political power and legitimacy rested not only in taxes and armies, but also in the preceptions and beliefs of men. The stories told about emperors were part of the mystification which elevated emperors and the political spheres above everyday life. Stories circulated. They were the currency of the fiscal system. Their truth or untruth is only a secondary problem, the parallelism betweens the cults of emperor and Christ is striking: the following terms were used frequently of both: god(theos), Son of god, god made manifest, lord(kurios), lord of the whole world, lord's day(Sebaste-pagan-Kuriake-Christian), saviour of the world, epiphany,imperator, sacred writings. In Latin there was a distinction between deus and divus, Strictly, deus was used for the immortal gods and divus for gods who had been men. In Greek, both were called theos and the Greek equivilant of divi filius was theou huios, son of god,  The unity of a political system rests not only in shared institutions, taxes and military defences, but in shared symbols, in the minds of men. Emperor cults, and all that they involved, provided the context in which inhabitants of towns spread for hundreds of miles throughout the empire could celebrate their membership of a single political order and thier own place in it.

Latin makes a distinction between deus, an eternal god like jupiter, and a divus, a diefied human like Julius Caesar. But Greek tranlates both terms with the same word theos. Latin titles like dei filius("Son of God"wink and divus filius ("Son of the Divine One"wink appear, therefore, alike in Greek as theou yios or theou hyios ("Son of God"wink.

Christians must have understood, then, that to proclaim Jesus as Son of God was deliberately denying Caesar of his highest title and that to announce Jesus as Lord and Saviour was calculated treason. What divinity and what divine incarnation runs this world? Is that ruling divinity one of force and violence or of justice and love?
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Abuzola(m): 12:08am On Aug 13, 2009
@noetic- you should be able to answer my question, if i honour sir olabowale did i worship him ?¿ Please bring your proof that the people worship jesus and not incogently using honour because we all do honour
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Nobody: 12:35am On Aug 13, 2009
@noetic, I am not being dishonest. Check my very first post on this thread for the place where I asked for verses showing Jesus explaining the trinity.
And you did not show me any part of the Bible where Jesus told christians to worship him. You only quoted one verse which say that he was worshipped. The word, 'Worship' has different meanings, noetic. One of them is the worship people carry out of God, when they render religious reverence and homage to Him. The other means to feel an adoring reverence or regard for a person or thing. And for all I know, the leper in that verses could have been carrying out the second type of worship, since Jesus Christ was a good person, deserving of regard. So where was Jesus Christ recorded to have demanded the type of worship which is paid to a diety? And please explain John 5:30 in the Bible.
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by noetic2: 12:58am On Aug 13, 2009
Abuzola:

@noetic- you should be able to answer my question, if i honour sir olabowale did i worship him ?¿ Please bring your proof that the people worship jesus and not incogently using honour because we all do honour

why dont tell us the difference between honour and worship in this context?
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by noetic2: 1:04am On Aug 13, 2009
fellis:

@noetic, I am not being dishonest. Check my very first post on this thread for the place where I asked for verses showing Jesus explaining the trinity.
These are the words of Jesus. . .mathew 28:19
19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
satisfied?

And you did not show me any part of the Bible where Jesus told christians to worship him. You only quoted one verse which say that he was worshipped. The word, 'Worship' has different meanings, noetic. One of them is the worship people carry out of God, when they render religious reverence and homage to Him. The other means to feel an adoring reverence or regard for a person or thing. And for all I know, the leper in that verses could have been carrying out the second type of worship, since Jesus Christ was a good person, deserving of regard. So where was Jesus Christ recorded to have demanded the type of worship which is paid to a diety? And please explain John 5:30 in the Bible.

whats the meaning of the rubbish above? where is ur definition of worship in the bible? did u actually read that passage and see the way in which He was worshipped?

I have shown a verse that shows that Jesus was worshipped and He also accepted worship.
can u show me anyone in the bible of/from God who ever accepted worship?
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Nobody: 1:05am On Aug 13, 2009
its incredibly how much of the bible these slaves of allah know. One would think they wouldnt care a jot about the bible.
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Nobody: 2:32am On Aug 13, 2009
@noetic,
no. I am not satisfied, but thanks for the reply. You still haven't shown me where Jesus made worship of himself mandatory or explained the trinity, all you did was show me a verse that taught how to carry out baptism.
You also didn't show me any part of the Bible that prooved that the worship he received from the leper was the worship a diety receives, so I might as well continue to regard that worship as only reverence or regard untill you do so. John 5:30.
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Nobody: 2:40am On Aug 13, 2009
fellis:

@noetic,
no. I am not satisfied, but thanks for the reply. You still haven't shown me where Jesus made worship of himself mandatory or explained the trinity, all you did was show me a verse that taught how to carry out baptism.
You also didn't show me any part of the Bible that prooved that the worship he received from the leper was the worship a diety receives, so I might as well continue to regard that worship as only reverence or regard untill you do so. John 5:30.

and how does that bother you? Is Christ, the trinity or the worship of Him a problem with muslims reading their quran?  undecided

You morons dont want "proof", you're simply making noise . . . why dont you start by showing me why allah basically ignored the lineage of Ishmael for 4000 yrs and bothered himself with the children of Isaac. Perhaps because Waraqah didnt know any story about them that you could plagiarize.
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by noetic2: 2:41am On Aug 13, 2009
fellis:

@noetic,

a. in whose name is the baptism done?

b. what do those names symbolise?

This is hilarious.  grin grin

1. The leper worshipped Jesus. no other person in the entire bible chosen or sent by God ever accepted worship from anyone.

2. The worship was the worship a deity receives. do u have any reason to believe otherwise?
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Abuzola(m): 8:52am On Aug 13, 2009
Lmao. Noetic noetic, kindly show us how he worship jesus, if i show my emir extreme homage and stern honour it means i have worship him as my God in diety ? noetic did this make sense at all ? The leper did exactly what i illustrated above. Christians nawa o
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by alimat2(f): 10:26am On Aug 13, 2009
@ All,

Thank u all for the contribution but i think am still very much confussed about worship of Jesus as God/God transforming to become Jesus But curiosity will make me ask this question and i will like other xtians to respond in order to get broad knowledge about who Jesus really is.

I think it will be better to open a new topic for the question.
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by noetic2: 10:27am On Aug 13, 2009
Abuzola:

Lmao. Noetic noetic, kindly show us how he worship jesus, if i show my emir extreme homage and stern honour it means i have worship him as my God in diety  ? noetic did this make sense at all ? The leper did exactly what i illustrated above.  Christians nawa o

a. what is "extreme homage"?

b. what is "stern honour"?

c. how is a deity supposed to be worshipped?

If u cannot answer these questions. .  . . . .then of course I will have to ignore ur rants
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by alimat2(f): 10:54am On Aug 13, 2009
I dint know the reason why other xtians refuse to respond to this topic

May be they are confused as i am?
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by noetic2: 10:58am On Aug 13, 2009
or maybe they think that ur questions. . .though naive . . .have been answered. . . embarassed
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Nobody: 11:32am On Aug 13, 2009
@noetic,
There is no verse in the Bible where Jesus asked to be worshipped or explained the trinity is there? From yesterday till now, no answer.
But there are verses in which he said he wasn't God.
Alimat, if you want to know who Jesus Christ is according to the Bible, read John 20:17 and Mark 10:18.---->definitely not God, the creator of the heavens and the earth. Or read John 8:28 ; he was a prophet.
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by noetic2: 11:43am On Aug 13, 2009
fellis:

@noetic,
There is no verse in the Bible where Jesus asked to be worshipped or explained the trinity is there? From yesterday till now, no answer.

why do enjoy LYING to urse lf. . . .
since u know so much about the bible. . .can u explain this verse to me then mathew 28:19
9Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

But there are verses in which he said he wasn't God.
Alimat, if you want to know who Jesus Christ is according to the Bible, read John 20:17 and Mark 10:18.---->definitely not God, the creator of the heavens and the earth. Or read John 8:28 ; he was a prophet.

why did u not answer my questions?

what is the meaning of ELOHIM?
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by muhsin(m): 11:51am On Aug 13, 2009
Hello all,

Like the discussion.
And my compliment to Noetic. Had never seen the guy respond to questions like in this thread.

Lets continue. . .
I am wholly unclear with your statement that "7. He is NOT a prophet neither is He a messenger." If really he is neither of the two why did he in a myriad verses claim he's sent? For example in this one: "Do you think that I have come to do away with the Law of Moses and the Teachings of the Prophets. I have not come to do away with them, but to make the teachings come true." (Mathew, 5:17)

Need an explanation before I continue. Thanks
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by noetic2: 12:45pm On Aug 13, 2009
muhsin:

Hello all,

Like the discussion.
And my compliment to Noetic. Had never seen the guy respond to questions like in this thread.

Lets continue. . .
I am wholly unclear with your statement that "7. He is NOT a prophet neither is He a messenger." If really he is neither of the two why did he in a myriad verses claim he's sent? For example in this one: "Do you think that I have come to do away with the Law of Moses and the Teachings of the Prophets. I have not come to do away with them, but to make the teachings come true." (Mathew, 5:17)

Need an explanation before I continue. Thanks

from the above we know two things.

a. Jesus did not come to do away with the laws of the prophets. All His life He fulfilled the law that we might be exempt from the punishment of disobeying the law. . .that explains why we plead for forgiveness in the name of Jesus.

b. The verse above does not in any way suggest that Jesus is a prophet or messenger. why not go study ur koran?
Jesus is God.
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by muhsin(m): 1:05pm On Aug 13, 2009
noetic2:

a. Jesus did not come to do away with the laws of the prophets. All His life He fulfilled the law that we might be exempt from the punishment of disobeying the law. . .that explains why we plead for forgiveness in the name of Jesus.

Can I know what are these laws?
As far as I know the laws say we should worship ONE and ONLY GOD.

noetic2:

b. The verse above does not in any way suggest that Jesus is a prophet or messenger. why not go study ur koran?

What about these verses:

"And this is life eternal, that they might know You the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom You have sent." John 17:3

"I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel."(Mathew, 15:24).

noetic2:

Jesus is God.

Has he ever preached that?

Who is the God of Moses, Noah, Jacob and other prophets?

Thanks
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by grace5: 1:44pm On Aug 13, 2009
HOW TO BE SAVED FROM HELL, STRAIGHT FROM THE BIBLE

1. Accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God's law. The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 7: 20: "For there is not a just man upon earth that doeth good, and sinneth not." Romans 3:23: "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God."

2. Accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: "For the wages of sin is death, "

3. Accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: "And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell." The Bible says in Revelation 21:8: "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and
idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death."

4. Accept the fact that you cannot do anything to save yourself! The Bible states in Ephesians 2: 8, 9: "For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is a gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast."

5. Accept the fact that God loves you more than you love yourself, and that He wants to save you from hell. "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (Jesus Christ, John 3:16).

With these facts in mind, please repent of your sins, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and pray and ask Him to come into your heart and save you this very moment. The Bible states in the book of Romans 10:9, 13: "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."

If you are willing to trust Christ as your Saviour, please pray the following prayer:

Heavenly Father, I realize that I am a sinner. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life. Amen.
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by muhsin(m): 1:50pm On Aug 13, 2009
We all know how to do it--copy and paste.

So, you should better remain mute. And let the free flaw of matured discussion, pal.

Understand? Thanks
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by grace5: 1:54pm On Aug 13, 2009
YOU ARE PLAYING WITH YOUR SOUL,JESUS CHRIST IS THE GRACE OF GOD
ACCEPT THE THE FREE SALAVATION ,THERE IS COMING JUDGEMENT UPON THOSE WHO DO NOT BELIVE IN HIS SACRIFICIAL BLOOD.
HIS IS THE DOOR TO HEAVEN NO OTHER WAY.

PLEASE THAT IS THE TRUTH.
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by muhsin(m): 2:19pm On Aug 13, 2009
You should better say no more here; you seem to know nothing or next to nothing about your belief of Jesus. I am only interested in discussing with those who know something. But you. . . embarassed
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by alimat2(f): 2:25pm On Aug 13, 2009
grace5:

YOU ARE PLAYING WITH YOUR SOUL,JESUS CHRIST IS THE GRACE OF GOD
ACCEPT THE THE FREE SALVATION ,THERE IS COMING JUDGEMENT UPON THOSE WHO DO NOT BELIVE IN HIS SACRIFICIAL BLOOD.
HIS IS THE DOOR TO HEAVEN NO OTHER WAY.

PLEASE THAT IS THE TRUTH.

@ Grace

U are nt funny i cant help but laff at ur level of confusion

JESUS IS THE GRACE OF GOD!!!!!! WHAT A CONTRARY grin grin grin

SO jesus is not God again but Grace a God.

[s]
OMA SE OOOOOOOOOO SHAKES HEAD BITTERLY FOR UR LEVEL OF CONFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU[/s][sup][/sup]
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by grace5: 2:25pm On Aug 13, 2009
muhsin:

You should better say no more here; you seem to know nothing or next to nothing about your belief of Jesus. I am only interested in discussing with those who know something. But you. . . embarassed

GOD USE THE FOOLISH THING ,WEAK THING TO CONFUSE THE WISE,NO QUARREL I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT MY OWN GOSPEL PUT OF JESUS.
HE WILL PROVE HIMSELF TO YOU.I WILL NOT BE SUPRISE I YOU ARE SAVE SOON.THE TRUTH IS KNOCKING ON YOUR DOOR.
I WILL BE PRAYING FOR YOU THAT YOU MIGHT SEE THE LIGHT JESUS CHRIST
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by muhsin(m): 2:39pm On Aug 13, 2009
grace5:

GOD USE THE FOOLISH THING ,WEAK THING TO CONFUSE THE WISE,NO QUARREL I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT MY OWN GOSPEL PUT OF JESUS.
HE WILL PROVE HIMSELF TO YOU.I WILL NOT BE SUPRISE I YOU ARE SAVE SOON.THE TRUTH IS KNOCKING ON YOUR DOOR.
I WILL BE PRAYING FOR YOU THAT YOU MIGHT SEE THE LIGHT JESUS CHRIST

No offense intended. But I'd like to say you are a typical brainwashed Christian. Please forgive my expression.

May Allah, the Exalted, guide you to the right path, amen.
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by grace5: 2:44pm On Aug 13, 2009
yes i am brainwashed for JESUS CHRIST,good for me who will be with him in eternity.

remain blessed
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by alimat2(f): 2:49pm On Aug 13, 2009
alimat 2:

@ Grace

U are nt funny i cant help but laff at ur level of confusion

JESUS IS THE GRACE OF GOD!!!!!! WHAT A CONTRARY grin grin grin

SO jesus is not God again but Grace a God.

Grace u can respond to dis

[s]
OMA SE OOOOOOOOOO SHAKES HEAD BITTERLY FOR UR LEVEL OF CONFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU[/s][sup][/sup]
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by noetic2: 2:51pm On Aug 13, 2009
muhsin:

Can I know what are these laws?
As far as I know the laws say we should worship ONE and ONLY GOD.

can u please stop irritating me?

Go and read the old testament to know the laws.

What about these verses:

"And this is life eternal, that they might know You the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom You have sent." John 17:3

"I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel."(Mathew, 15:24).

Has he ever preached that?

Who is the God of Moses, Noah, Jacob and other prophets?

Thanks

do u know the meaning of ELOHIM?

I cant keep repeating myself. . . . .
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by muhsin(m): 3:04pm On Aug 13, 2009
grace5:

yes i am brainwashed for JESUS CHRIST,good for me who will be with him in eternity.

remain blessed

Thanks grin
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by muhsin(m): 3:10pm On Aug 13, 2009
noetic2:

can u please stop irritating me?

Ain't doing that. Wanna learn. That all.

noetic2:

Go and read the old testament to know the laws.

If thats the case, we should all quit this discussion. Take our scriptures and read. Nope. Like to read them (i.e. laws) from you.

noetic2:

do u know the meaning of ELOHIM?

I do. And thats just another name for God in Hebrew like Allaha in Aramaic, Allah in Arabic, etc.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13)

I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! / What Does It Mean To Take The Lord's Name In Vain? / Did You Know Japan Bans Islam And ALL Muslims?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.