Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,466 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

Who Is Jesus Christ? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is Jesus Christ? (10979 Views)

Is Jesus Really God? / Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? / Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by matrim: 8:34pm On Aug 30, 2009
@krayolar
i know it makes you feel extra smart to have thrown away the baggage of belief in God, but i wonder whether your enlightment gives you peace.the fact that you don't understand the concept of God does not render it a fallacy or fiction.one thing i know even though scientifcally speaking i may not be able to prove it is that God exists,and although i may not have any mind boggling tale of how i encountered God,but throughout my life in little ways i have experienced both evil and Good which are beyond the normal.
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by chibaby5(f): 8:36pm On Aug 30, 2009
Krayola2:

haha. ok. I'll ask

good 4 u n am soooo happy 4 u 2 wink smiley
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Krayola2(m): 9:02pm On Aug 30, 2009
matrim:

@krayolar
i know it makes you feel extra smart to have thrown away the baggage of belief in God, but i wonder whether your enlightment gives you peace.the fact that you don't understand the concept of God does not render it a fallacy or fiction.one thing i know even though scientifcally speaking i may not be able to prove it is that God exists,and although i may not have any mind boggling tale of how i encountered God,but throughout my life in little ways i have experienced both evil and Good which are beyond the normal.

I was only trying to answer the question that you asked me. . . no vex. grin
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Abuzola(m): 9:10pm On Aug 30, 2009
Holy spirit will explain ? You are old enough to know that holy spirit is pure lie.
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by chibaby5(f): 9:13pm On Aug 30, 2009
n hw do u knw dat wen u dnt have a relationship wiv him??
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by RiffRaff: 1:14pm On Aug 31, 2009
Its all a fable.
@ Abuzola
(holy siprit) u ar lyk a kettle calin port black. U muslims also believe in Jinns. How different is dat from d holy spirit.
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by matrim: 8:58am On Sep 01, 2009
@krayolar
apologies if i offended didn't mean to.
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Maykelly(f): 10:54am On Sep 01, 2009
@topic: Re: Who Is Jesus Christ?

And this is the way to have eternal life—to know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, the one you sent to earth. John 17:3
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:35pm On Sep 01, 2009
The whole story of Jesus is a lie. Just letting you know that you shouldn't be surprised when you die and there's no Cloud City filled with angels!.
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by matrim: 2:42pm On Sep 01, 2009
No let's hope u won't be surprised when u die and face the judgement
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by chibaby5(f): 4:56pm On Sep 01, 2009
I pray sum ppl change their wayz n thoughts b4 He returns Amen! smiley
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:22pm On Sep 01, 2009
Some people fail to think through the consequences that follow once it is established that Jesus was a false prophet. As a result of this lack of thinking, they tend to dismiss the whole issue as being unimportant- merely "a matter of interpretation", as if what was under consideration was some trifling matter like whether to use the lower or upper case for the "c" when writing the word "Church" .
Nothing could be further from the truth. Once Jesus is shown to be a false prophet, these are some of the dominos that fall in turn:

1.TRINITY: The Trinity is destroyed, for how could a man who lied be 1/3 of the godhead?
2.LOGOS: The "word that became flesh" certainly couldn't have been Jesus- for the REAL logos would never have lied.
3.FAITH: Faith is destroyed, for how can one trust, have faith in, a documented liar? And with faith destroyed, thus also the foundation for Christianity.
4.THE TRUTH: 1/3 of Jesus' claim to being "the way, the TRUTH, and the life" turns out to be a lie- a[b] LIAR [/b]can NOT be the TRUTH.
5.GOD: IF Jesus really only spoke what he was told by Biblegod, then Biblegod must have told him to make those false prophecies, and thus Biblegod himself turns out to be a liar, and if a liar, nothing he's ever said can ever be trusted again.
6.INERRANCY OF SCRIPTURE: Scripture is proven to be false, for it is within the New Testament that these false prophecies are contained.
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by chibaby5(f): 5:37pm On Sep 01, 2009
wat proof have u got 2 say dat these are lies??
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:44pm On Sep 01, 2009
I got my proves well notice,and ((stand by my proofs. . .))Or have you been skiping off all i have been sharing on this thread and other Conversation so far?
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by chibaby5(f): 5:46pm On Sep 01, 2009
sorry havnt read em but nwayz. . .do u believe therez a God atall??
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 6:01pm On Sep 01, 2009
no no Chi-baby dear, i dont believe in God,and i cant. . .anyway. I fail to see the cause and effect here. Restoring life to a body that's only been dead a short time (from Friday mid-afternoon to Saturday after midnight) hardly seems a feat guaranteed to qualify and prove one as the omnipotent Lord & Ruler of a universe that is measured in billions of light years. How do the Christians get from their "Point A" to their conclusion "Point B" They never say. They just assume, and hope nobody questions.

As for the Christian quibble that Jesus rose himself from the dead- first of all, prove it. Jesus was out of sight inside a sealed tomb. Any traveling snake oil salesman, er, prophet, could have stopped at the tomb, prayed a prayer, and raised him from the dead- or do prayers not travel thru stone? Zeus himself could have been the one! Secondly, our original question would apply even to this- where is it written that if someone raises HIMSELF from the dead, this proves such and such What this is is just more of the Christians making up rules for their own game, then claiming to be the winner.
The fact is, even if your Jesus rose from the dead- SO WHAT In no way does it prove any of the wild claims you make for Jesus. It doesn't prove he was a god. It doesn't prove he is immortal. And it certainly doesn't prove that he created "out of thin air" everything that exists. All it would prove is that someone who had been dead had come back to life- and as Lazarus could attest: been there, done that.

Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by chibaby5(f): 6:18pm On Sep 01, 2009
letz 4get bwt Jesus yh. . . so since u dnt bliv therez a God. . i guess u wiv da Big bang group huh??
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 7:04pm On Sep 01, 2009
hehehehe. . . . interesting .
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by chibaby5(f): 7:08pm On Sep 01, 2009
u dint answer ma question tongue
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 7:23pm On Sep 01, 2009
huh. . . ?,i refuse not to respond my dear just that , i was about to answer to your question before i stumble across your post. cheesy

Well, if you insist ((Jesus)) must be out of this then okey. .,No no way i dont believe in((God))- ,something that  have no proofs for sure.Does Christian theory jive with reality? No, it does not. Our universe started with The Big Bang- a finite, not infinite, ball of mass and energy. Therefore, everything that exists (i.e. the matter & energy) in the universe today must be finite, not infinite, even though the "nothingness" of the universe could very well go on forever. For everything that exists today- all of its building blocks, so to speak, were contained in this small finite ball in the beginning. Therefore, since all the mass & energy that has ever existed within the entire universe was at one time contained within a small "ball" of finite size and energy, it follows that there was not, is not, and can not ever be in our universe an infinite energy or mass.
In fact, out very existence disproves the Christian claim of a god of infinite power, for we would not be able to exist in such a universe. We would either be fried by infinite energy, or crushed by infinite mass, but we are neither. Our existence and Einstein's theory thus disproves a Biblegod of infinite power, leaving only the possibility of a deity of limited power and abilities-   maybe a god who would get tired and need a nap after six days of creation. 

Of course, Christians being the imaginative people that they are, some Christians have claimed that Biblegod doesn't live in our universe- he has his own "way over yonder". Like many Christian claims, not one iota of evidence is presented to back up this claim of a "spiritual" parallel universe. The only thing making such a universe a necessity is the Christian need to hide away their Biblegod in a location where he is safe from ever being disproved by us evil Athesit Satanist, as they claim this "transcendental universe" is totally beyond our ability to sense.
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by chibaby5(f): 8:21pm On Sep 01, 2009
Am sorry but u not makin sense. . . da 'Finite' particle dat exploded produced u and definitely not me abeg. How can u tell me dat an explotion could produce human beings, bring abwt oceanz n all dat. . i really dnt get y any1 wud think along dat way 4 realz
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 8:42pm On Sep 01, 2009
I hate arguement,well if you insist.then tell me now your own knowledge about (((God))).nevertheless i stand by my intelligent brain, and what has proves is already proof,but the proofless can never be accepted or believe by any normal human being.The word 'god' is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive, legends, which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation, no matter how subtle, can for me change this.
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by chibaby5(f): 8:45pm On Sep 01, 2009
aite gd 4 u. i cnt do much. . . i can onli tell u n its up2 u 2 believe az u r not entitled 2 ma opinion . .lol. stay blessed still smiley
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 8:59pm On Sep 01, 2009
Thanx for d'a blessing. . . But why should the Christians be the only ones having all the fun of make-believe universes? Based upon the exact same evidence that the Christians have for THEIR parallel universe (home of Biblegod!),.You are not going to live forever. That old book you worship isn't going to save you so please think twice my dear.
So please tell me where did the idea of eternal life come from originally?
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by chibaby5(f): 9:03pm On Sep 01, 2009
therez no point answerin cuz u wunt bliv dat either cool
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 9:09pm On Sep 01, 2009
mmm. . .

You Christians are like a man bluffing in a poker game. You CLAIM to have a winning hand. You make FACES as if you have a winning hand. But every time we Satanist CALL your bluff, you never SHOW your hand! "Oh boy! If only I could show you this hand- whoa! shocked THEN you'd really believe God exists! This hand- wow! The cards I got- the Father, Son, AND Holy Ghost, and that trumps ANYTHING you might hold in YOUR hand." Yes, it sure does SOUND impressive, but damn it- just show the damn hand!!! We have been calling your bluff for SEVERAL HUNDRED YEARS now, and all you respond with is NOT laying your cards on the table, but just more hot-air excuses of WHY you can't show us your (((gods))): "I can't SHOW you my winning hand, but I have FIVE good reasons WHY you should BELIEVE I have the winning hand, so therefore, hand over the kitty to me!" All I can say to that is FIVE GOOD REASONS MY ASS! Show me the damn cards OR keep your damn hands off the money in the middle! grin grin grin

Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by chibaby5(f): 9:17pm On Sep 01, 2009
if i say i undastand wat u talkin abwt, i wud b lieing . . . so i guess u keep 2 wateva SATANIC/SATANIST religion/theory uve got. i dnt even get hw u wud refer 2 yoself as SATANIST. . .nwayz goodluck wiv yo SATANISM. . LOL. . . nyt! cool
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 9:26pm On Sep 01, 2009
Fact is, IF your Biblegod really existed, his existence would not be a matter of dispute. It would be as real as the sun above or the pavement below. There is no justification to be found within your Bible for the celestial game of peek-a-boo, hide-n-seek or whatever the hell game your Biblegod is playing on humanity. What has your great and powerful Biblegod (if he really existed) got to fear from us puny mortals that motivates him to hide his very existence from us? What is he scared of? Is he scared we'll beat him up? A REAL god would have no reason to hide his existence, but a make-believe god, made up by a group of religious fanatics, would have every reason in the world to "hide", for as soon as its followers are forced to reveal their god, they themselves will be revealed as frauds, for there never was a god to reveal in the first place.
Chi-baby-please respond i beg you:Do we humans seek to hide our existence from the ants on the sidewalk? Do we shout down commands to them, inspire a few of them to preach to their fellow ants that unless they believe we exist they'll burn in a hell forever? And if we did so, why on earth would we then run to the nearest tree to hide our existence from them when we just made their salvation contingent upon their believing our existence Does this make any sense at all?
Hope we have been sharing something here. . . .
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by chibaby5(f): 9:33pm On Sep 01, 2009
i realli cnt b botherd readin all dat yeh but lemmi ask u few questionz

1)hw do u knw dat da air u breathe in is oxygen?? hve u seen oxygen b4?? where iz yo proof??
2)can u show me gravity. . am sure u believe in da law of gravity smiley
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 9:43pm On Sep 01, 2009
I didn't say so. . .and see no reason you should ask me for proofs about something i never shared with you,it was a question but kind'a compossary respond is needed,lol.
Well,i still really dont get your preview question anyway. . .
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by mamlaka(m): 7:25am On Sep 02, 2009
Whom do men say that I am? 28 And they answered, John the Baptist: but some say, Elias; and others, One of the prophets. 29 And he saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Peter answereth and saith unto him, Thou art the Christ. . . Mark 8:27-29
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:53pm On Sep 03, 2009
(((THE GOLDEN RULE)))

Take note readers. . .please dont do the dumb shit religious people do to each other.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13)

Did You Know Japan Bans Islam And ALL Muslims? / What Is Your Church's Theme (year Of) For 2024? / The Anthem Of The Redeemed Christian Church Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.