Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

Who Is Jesus Christ? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is Jesus Christ? (10971 Views)

Is Jesus Really God? / Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? / Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by noetic2: 3:31pm On Aug 13, 2009
muhsin:

Ain't doing that. Wanna learn. That all.

If thats the case, we should all quit this discussion. Take our scriptures and read. Nope. Like to read them (i.e. laws) from you.

I do. And thats just another name for God in Hebrew like Allaha in Aramaic, Allah in Arabic, etc.

Thanks

what?

what is the contextual meaning of ELOHIM?
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by muhsin(m): 3:41pm On Aug 13, 2009
Although not that smart (meaning myself, as you might think), but you cannot so decisively out-smart me, Noetic.

Why can't you answer my questions, as well?

Thanks
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by kolaoloye(m): 3:50pm On Aug 13, 2009
JESUS
He is the CHRIST. Christ means the Redeemer. He is the son of the Most High God .
He came to the world and died for us so that we can have eternal life.
He is the one preparing the mansion for the beloveth.

JESUS is the one and only who can change any situation without stress.
He was the one that fed the multitude from two fishes and five loaves.
He is the one that has  "the Authority"
Jesus,the same yesterday,today and forever.
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by muhsin(m): 3:57pm On Aug 13, 2009
We (Muslims) believe in Jesus.

We believe he was born of a virgin.

We believe he spoke from the first day of his life.

We believe Jesus raised the dead, gave sight to the blind, even took some clay, shaped it into a bird and breathed life into it and the bird flew away.

We believe that there are only TWO people on earth that Satan did not touch them in the womb, that was jesus and the mother of Jesus

So if anyone has a right to deify Jesus, it is the Muslims
If anyone has a right to worship, it is the Muslims

Because we not only believe in what the Christians believe about him, we believe in him more

Mind you, we are not worshipers of Jesus,

We believe he is the messiah, and that he must return.

So there is nothing about Christians and Christianity that has anything over our understanding of Jesus.

Unlike the Jews who reject Jesus, Muslims respect and believe in him.

However, this thread is not about Jesus, it is about God.

And we believe in God, and thats what the difference is

We do not say that God has a partner, not a son, an uncle, a daughter or an aunt.

And that is the purpose of this thread, to once again remind christians that deifying Jesus is unacceptable to God.

May God, the Most Exalted, guide us all, ameen.
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by sosisi(f): 4:00pm On Aug 13, 2009
muhsin:

[s]We (Muslims) believe in Jesus.

We believe he was born of a virgin.

We believe he spoke from the first day of his life.

We believe Jesus raised the dead, gave sight to the blind, even took some clay, shaped it into a bird and breathed life into it and the bird flew away.

We believe that there are only TWO people on earth that Satan did not touch them in the womb, that was jesus and the mother of Jesus

So if anyone has a right to deify Jesus, it is the Muslims
If anyone has a right to worship, it is the Muslims

Because we not only believe in what the Christians believe about him, we believe in him more

Mind you, we are not worshipers of Jesus,

We believe he is the messiah, and that he must return.

So there is nothing about Christians and Christianity that has anything over our understanding of Jesus.

Unlike the Jews who reject Jesus, Muslims respect and believe in him.

However, this thread is not about Jesus, it is about God.

And we believe in God, and thats what the difference is

We do not say that God has a partner, not a son, an uncle, a daughter or an aunt.

And that is the purpose of this thread, to once again remind christians that deifying Jesus is unacceptable to God.

May God, the Most Exalted, guide us all, ameen.[/s]

You believe in nothing save the heretic Christians texts copied into the Koran by the writers of the Koran.
When in doubt,ask Christians who Christ is that was what Mo asked you to do,remember?
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by muhsin(m): 4:03pm On Aug 13, 2009
I feel like am stopping here.

Whoever God, the Almighty, guides none can lead astray; whoever He leads astray none can guide aright.

May He guide us all, amen.
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by alimat2(f): 4:15pm On Aug 13, 2009
ameennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Iteoluwa1: 8:23am On Aug 14, 2009
Who is Jesus Christ?

Our Savior, Redeemer, the HIGH PRIEST interceding on our behalf at the right hand of the FATHER (GOD).

Secondly, the gospel of Jhn 1:1 talked about HIM being the WORD and GOD and we all know that GOD is also HIS WORD, verse 14 went ahead to tell us that the "WORD became flesh and dwelt among us", clearly stating that Jesus Christ as part of the GODHEAD (TRINITY) came in a bodily form to demostrate to us how to live in this our mortal body here on earth, which is one of HIS functions as GODHEAD.

In essence we have ONE GOD but with different functions. God the Creator and Personality that bears the final responsibilty for the GODHEAD (God), God that came in a bodily form, who came to demostrate to us how to live here on earth (Jesus CHrist), God that leads us to all truth and convicts us of every unrighteousness in our day-to-day lives (Holy Spirit).

Will stop there for now.
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Maykelly(f): 9:15am On Aug 14, 2009
@topic: Lord Jesus is the SON of the Most High God "Almighty Jehovah"
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by muhsin(m): 11:23am On Aug 14, 2009
Funny. grin

You guys have gone neck-deep. Only pray can save you.

May Allah, the Exalted, guide us to the right path.
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by alimat2(f): 5:39pm On Aug 15, 2009
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by danbouy(m): 7:09pm On Aug 15, 2009
I disagree that Jesus christ die for your sins, since he has already says in his book that

None of those who call me "lord" will enter
the kingdom of God, but only the one who does
the will of my father in heaven".

anything else
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Bobbyaf(m): 8:14pm On Aug 15, 2009
@ alimat

Jesus said in the bible that The lord ur God is 1

But that doesn't mean that Jesus isn't God either. Any member of the Godhead is seen and understood as God, seeing that the word God is plural. Look at it this way. Jesus is the Son of God only in terms of what He represented while on earth. The role that Jesus played was exactly that, a role.

In the book of Genesis Moses said of God, "let us make man in our image" Yet we know that it was the Son Jesus who made all things according to John 1:2. The prophet said of Jesus that "all things were made by Him"

Either member could have done the creation, but the Father, and I am using the term symbolically here, using role play surrendered that role to the other member of the Godhead. So right throughout the Old Testament it was Christ who became heaven's representative.

Also worship the only True God
Also when he was perfuming his miracles he prayed to a father
and also when he was about to be captured in the night he prayed to a God that if the cup can pass over him for his father's will and not his
also when he was on the calvary he said father why have u forsaken me?
As lo Jesus said that he that send he is grater than him

That was because of His role as a human. In that role He had to demonstrate humility and obedience so that we could also be obedient and humble. Christ wasn't forced to do this. He chose to save mankind, and this process didn't only involve dying on a cross. it also included living the truth. His life was just as important as His death. In order to reveal that Satan's lies were indeed lies, He had to prove through His life and ministry that God's rules and instructions were not beyond man's abilities. Satan desires that humans be deceived into thinking that God's instructions cannot be obeyed, and that they were and are not given for man's benefits. Remember what he told Eve?

Pls if truly Jesus is that same God then who is he praying all this prayer to

As a complete human while on earth He had to pray. Remember He placed aside His divine abilities. Since it was expected for Him to pass the test that Adam failed, it wouldn't be fair for Jesus to have used His powers. In other words He had to completely divest Himself of divine powers and totally depend on His Father. That is why under such cruelty and agony meted out by the Roman soldiers, He couldn't defend Himself. He had to remain faithful to the very end so that you and I in this day and age can be apart of this great movement that leads men and women to a knowledge of the Father's love.
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by alimat2(f): 11:25am On Aug 17, 2009
I believe that xtians will not deny the fact that JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES ARE ALSO XTIANS and we all know that this sect of xtian will never tell u that Jesus is God or there is any thing like trinity/godhead
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by pastor2009: 12:26pm On Aug 17, 2009
Jsus christ is the only son of GOD and also the only saviour of yur soul and mine. Withouth HIM we are doom of hell fire.
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by mamagee6(f): 12:32am On Aug 18, 2009
Jesus Christ is the son of God and the saviour of the world. undecided
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by alimat2(f): 9:57am On Aug 18, 2009
If u agreee the JC is the son of god why is it dat some xtians call him god?
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by kolaoloye(m): 12:44pm On Aug 18, 2009
alimat 2:

If u agreee the JC is the son of god why is it dat some xtians call him god?

Lack of Understanding.
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by olabowale(m): 2:00pm On Aug 18, 2009
@Kola Oloye: I saw you stating that you were once an Arabic language Teacher. Correct? Is that an indication that you were a muslim then and now that you are a Christian you are no more an arabic language teacher?
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by olabowale(m): 2:01pm On Aug 18, 2009
I think Kola Oloye needs to apply is own answer of lack of unerstanding to himself.
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:05pm On Aug 18, 2009
@ kola oloye,

Jesus said in John 5:58

"Jesus said to them, Verily, verily, I say to you, Before Abraham was, I am."

Here, Jesus was affirming that He was God manifest in the flesh. He is the Great "I AM" -- the Eternal One who revealed Himself to Moses in the burning bush -- Exodus 3:14

As you put aside your bias that is as a result of your Islamic background pray that the Lord will reveal this truth to you as you read His Word for illumination with an open and sincere seeking mind.
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:54pm On Aug 18, 2009
This is what Jesus had to say to those who refused to believe that He is the Son of God or God the Son.

"I said therefore to you, that you shall die in your sins: for if you believe not that I am He, you shall die in your sins." -- John 8:24
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by kolaoloye(m): 4:26pm On Aug 18, 2009
olabowale:

I think Kola Oloye needs to apply is own answer of lack of unerstanding to himself.
Jesus never claimed to be God. He is the Lord. The Lord Jesus died on the cross for human redemption.

Sir this is a simple arithmetic:
If Jehova God,the Almighty has the power to do all things as we all know HE doesn't have to come and die for stubborn children'(Adam & Eve) sin. He could have just forgiven them after all no one can query Him.
How Could Almighty God sacrifice Himself for Himself. Haba! shocked

The lord Jesus PAID THE PRICE. That is the reason you must be born again so that you can inherit the kingdom grin
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by kolaoloye(m): 4:53pm On Aug 18, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

This is what Jesus had to say to those who refused to believe that He is the Son of God or God the Son.

"I said therefore to you, that you shall die in your sins: for if you believe not that I am He, you shall die in your sins." -- John 8:24

You are doing a great work on this RELIGION forum and i really appreciate it. May you not lose your reward in Jesus name.

Nobody is disputing all the quotations you posted. I would like discuss some things with you but not on an open forum like this.
Here is my e-mail:  [email]arckola05@yahoo.co.uk[/email]
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:04pm On Aug 18, 2009
@kola,

Thanks for your humility and willingness to discuss this subject. I have sent a message to you via you e-mail.

God bless.
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:37pm On Aug 19, 2009
"Whosoever denies the Son, the same has not the Father: (but) he that acknowledges the Son has the Father also" (1 John 2:23; see John 10:30)

Jesus was God in human form.  If I give you a small slice of cheese from a large block (the taste being constant throughout the whole block of cheese), and you spit out the cheese saying you hate the taste, then you reject the whole block.  Jesus was God manifest in human form.  If the Jews (or muslims) rejected Him, they rejected the Father also.  He who is of God hears God's Words. 

For sincere diligent seekers who are interested in studying and not being spoon fed you can click on the link below:

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Delphi/8449/jwsrefut.html
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by muhsin(m): 1:05pm On Aug 19, 2009
I feel sorry for ya fellows. grin grin grin
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:49pm On Aug 19, 2009
@ alimat 2 ,

The Bible affirms that Jesus was conceived supernaturally by the Holy Spirit and was born of the Virgin Mary. Mary was not part of the Godhead as you may have been led to believe by the RCC. The notion of God, who is three-in-one, is part of both the mystery and greatness of God. The Bible does not in any way claim that Jesus was directly God the Father's biological and physical son. It rejects the notion of the Arabic word for son, walad, meaning physical son, for the word ibin, which is the title of relationship. Jesus is the Son in a symbolic manner designating that He was God the Word who became man in order to save humankind from its sin. The virgin birth was supernatural as God the Holy Spirit conceived in Mary, without physical relations, Jesus the Messiah. In this manner even the Qur'an affirms the miraculous birth of Christ (see Surah 19:16-21). Jesus was in this sense "God's unique Son." During His earthly ministry He carried out the will of the Father. Notably the Qur'an affirms Jesus' supernatural birth, life of miracles, His compassion and ascension to heaven (see Surah 19:16-21,29-31; 3:37-47; 5:110).

It is even in you Qur'an that Jesus died as it is in the testimony of history and the Injil, or the four Gospels. If it is understood that God is love and that humankind is lost in sin, then is it not likely that God would have provided a sacrifice for sin? Jesus God's sacrifice for all the sins of the world and is a bridge from a holy God to fallen and sinful humans.

This truth is revealed in the Injil, John 3:16. Even the Qur'an states in Surah 3:55 that "Allah said: O Isa [Jesus], I am going to terminate [to put to death] the period of your stay (on earth) and cause you to ascend unto Me." What other way could this concept have any meaning apart from Jesus' death for sin and His subsequent resurrection? Except you abrogate this verse. It even says there that he will be "setting those who follow Jesus above those who disbelieve." You may begin to ask yourself, what was Jesus claim that you have not believed? This is His declaration about Himself: "Jesus said to him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to Father, but by me."

Do you believe the report of the Lord, who's report do you believe? I have believed the report of the Lord!!!
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by alimat2(f): 4:42pm On Aug 19, 2009
@OLAADEGBU

Im nt a fool that follows a doctrine without solid spiritual bases/backing, Thank u for ur sermon

if u wanna convince me of ur Jesus,god and the Hsprite put together as 1 then i want u to tell me if trinity is the same God of Abraham,Jacob,moses, etc.

For me to accept ur view i need to be convinced without confusion about who Jesus really is god,son of god, son of man,etc.

Since it has being stateted in the bible that Jesus brought the message of ONE TRUE GOD and it as being confirmed in the Koran the GOD IS ONE AND NOT TRINITY OR FRACTION gOD(1+1+1=3 or 1/3 god).then y wont i serve that ONE TRUE GOD of Abraham,moses, Jacob,Noah,Jesus,Mohamed(PBUT) instead of serving a god that is not complete(fraction).

Lik u quote the holy quoran and u read about Jesus and other Prophets, i guess the quoran did not tell u that God has son or he is 1/3.The quoran told u not to discriminate among the prophet.
Since u know the son of god can u tell me who his father,mother and wife is?
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Marlbron: 12:53am On Aug 20, 2009
alimat 2:

@OLAADEGBU

Im nt a fool that follows a doctrine without solid spiritual bases/backing, Thank u for ur sermon

if u wanna convince me of ur Jesus,god and the Hsprite put together as 1 then i want u to tell me if trinity is the same God of Abraham,Jacob,moses, etc.

For me to accept ur view i need to be convinced without confusion about who Jesus really is god,son of god, son of man,etc.

Since it has being stateted in the bible that Jesus brought the message of ONE TRUE GOD and it as being confirmed in the Koran the GOD IS ONE AND NOT TRINITY OR FRACTION gOD(1+1+1=3 or 1/3 god).then y wont i serve that ONE TRUE GOD of Abraham,moses, Jacob,Noah,Jesus,Mohamed(PBUT) instead of serving a god that is not complete(fraction).

I keep hearing this on the religious thread. You do not have to be convinced. Truth is truth and does not depend on your conviction. You rather depend on truth. Scientist looking for truth have discovered the truth about the flood and Noahs ark. God does his things without minding whether we believe him or not. The first chapter of the book of John was a direct inspiration direct from God Almighty and till date remains the most powerful religious verse ever written. In koran "We", plural is constantly used as a statement from God. It is a mystery, because in this case 1+1+1=1, whereas our natural answer is 3.

The Lord that interacted with Abraham, Jacob, Moses, etc was an angel of God. Christ confirmed that when he came. Similarly Mohammed received his messages from An Angel - Allah.

Lik u quote the holy quoran and u read about Jesus and other Prophets, i guess the quoran did not tell u that God has son or he is 1/3.The quoran told u not to discriminate among the prophet.
Since u know the son of god can u tell me who his father,mother and wife is?
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Abuzola(m): 8:42am On Aug 20, 2009
Do you hear how you sound ? Like a myserable mortal, no one will tell you that Allah is an angel, why not go through wikipaedia instead of rambling. Moses, enoch, jacob, elisha and many others met God according to the bible. You need to go back to school bro
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:21am On Aug 20, 2009
What Christ Was Made for Us
August 20, 2009

"And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross." (Philippians 2:cool

We can never fully comprehend the condescension of the infinite Creator when He became man. He who was "very God of very God," as the Old Creeds expressed it, humbled Himself and was made many things for the sake of man's redemption. Note the following remarkable summation of what He "was made."

"The Word was God," and yet "the Word was made flesh" (John 1:1, 14). He had created human flesh for Adam, then finally for Himself--not sinful flesh, of course, but only "in the likeness of sinful flesh" (Romans 8:3).

He who had been in the very "form of God . . . took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men" (Philippians 2:6-7).

He was so completely human as to be "made of a woman" (Galatians 4:4), thus partaking of the complete human experience (apart from sin) from conception to death.

He also was "made under the law" (v. 4), though He, as the lawgiver, was above the law.

Although He completely fulfilled the law, He was "made |the| curse for us," in order to redeem "us from the curse of the law" (3:13).

Then, on the cross, God even "hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin" (2 Corinthians 5:21), thus bearing the guilt and punishment for the sins of all the world.

Finally, as our text reminds us, He "became |same word in the Greek as 'was made'| obedient unto death, even the death of the cross."

And because He was made all these things for us, we can "be made the righteousness of God in him" (5:21). HMM

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13)

What Does It Mean To Take The Lord's Name In Vain? / Catholic Bishops Express Delight At The First Chapel In Enugu Govt House / Did You Know Japan Bans Islam And ALL Muslims?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.