Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,860 members, 7,817,542 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

Who Is Jesus Christ? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is Jesus Christ? (10980 Views)

Is Jesus Really God? / Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? / Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Abuzola(m): 12:41pm On Aug 25, 2009
@chi and co- read my post again. 3 in 1 equals to trinity, and that makes me trinity as well.

Satan is deceiving you, after you have realiize the truth
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:00pm On Aug 25, 2009
Son of God/Son of Man

"And Jesus saith unto him, The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head." (Matthew 8:20)

It is significant that although Christ clearly taught that He was the unique Son of God, He most frequently referred to Himself as Son of man, earnestly desiring that people understand His true and representative humanity.

The very first use of the phrase is in Psalm 8:4: "What is . . . the son of man, that thou visitest him?" Although David may have been thinking of all "sons of Adam" in general, the writer of Hebrews applied the passage specifically to Christ (Hebrews 2:6), "that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man" (Hebrews 2:9). In order to save lost men, God in Christ had to become man through supernatural incarnation. Then, as perfect, sinless man, He could represent us before God, finally tasting death for every man.

The vital importance of the incarnation is affirmed by John: "Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God" (1 John 4:2-3). It is noteworthy that Satan and his evil spirits would recognise Christ as the Son of God (Matthew 4:3; 8:28-29), but never as the Son of man! This reluctance seems also to characterise all the occultic philosophies of the so-called "New Age" movement, as well as all ancient and modern pantheistic religions. They speak glibly of "the Christ" as a spirit which might come on many, but bitterly refuse to acknowledge that the man Jesus was actually the Son of man, God incarnate.

Finally, it is thrilling to realise that, although He only became the Son of man through His incarnation, He will always remain the Son of man! John saw Him in His glory--as we shall see Him in eternity--as "one like unto the Son of man" (Revelation 1:13; 14:14). HMM
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by LABRADODO: 4:28pm On Aug 25, 2009
Dear Abuzola,

I quite understand that you are in dire need of the truth. I have also exposed to you the uniform testimony of the scripture, in trying to understand that Jesus is God. I still want to quote from the bible: in 1John 5.7 says , for there are three that bear witness in heaven, the Father, the Word and the Holy Spirit,and these three are one. If you have your bible read it again. You may wish to believe the bible or disbelieve it. That is what makes the difference between BELIEVERS and UNBELIEVERS. Believers believe the word of God because they are God's children, while unbelievers do not believe the word of God and thereby calling God a lier.

If you will Believe the word of God believe it today and stop making damnable statements. To me what is important is that you have heard the gospel through this medium, what you do with the gospel is left for you. Nobody forced me to believe the gospel and neither can I force you.
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by chibaby5(f): 5:59pm On Aug 25, 2009
Abuzola:

@chi and co- read my post again. 3 in 1 equals to trinity, and that makes me trinity as well.

Satan is deceiving you, after you have realiize the truth

am sorry but u r not makin sense. . . . . r u 3 in one??
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by LABRADODO: 6:17pm On Aug 25, 2009
good day chi,

just to tell you I am not surprised. i understand the bible very well. things we write may not make sense but no wonder why the bible says in 1corinthians 1.26-27 "for you know your calling , brethren that not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many nobles are called. But God has chosen the foolish things of this world to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to shame the mighty.

You can only know the deep things of God by revelation. But before then , you need to open your heart for this very same Jesus to enter. In Revelation 3.20 -- Behold I stand at the door and knock, if anyone hears my voice and opens the door I will come in to him and dine with him, and him with me.

Jesus will never force the door of your heart open. You need to open the door by yourself before you experience the peace of God.

thank you
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Abuzola(m): 7:19pm On Aug 25, 2009
@chi, yes, we the three triplet came at a time and from a single belly with womb
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by chibaby5(f): 7:32pm On Aug 25, 2009
@ Abuzola lol u so funny. . . .you n ur tripletz are three different people and dat cannot equal the trinity. is da definition of triplets 3 in one??
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Abuzola(m): 7:52pm On Aug 25, 2009
Yap. Just like jesus and God and holy spirit are different individuals so am i
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by chibaby5(f): 8:10pm On Aug 25, 2009
no they are not. . . Three are one'. 1 JOHN 5:7 not 3 diff individualz smiley nwayz i dont blame u 4 not understandin. . .da bible is a spiritual book and not jus an ordinary book dat u pick up and read and u understand every single detail, No. U will need da holy sprirt 2 teach u but unless u open up 2 him. . .he cant, n therefore lead 2 u not understandin. its as simple as dat. my job is 2 tell and hope u open yo heart 4 him 2 do da rest cool errrmmm. . . hve u actually thot of tryin out ds Jesus?? cool
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Abuzola(m): 8:23pm On Aug 25, 2009
Alright please quote where jesus said, 'i and God and the holy spirit are one' am waiting
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by JPot: 10:14pm On Aug 25, 2009
Abuzola, are you ignoring my posts on purpose in your own dwindling spiral of delusion?

Reread my post:

Jesus. He didn't preach the Trinity to the public, but he taught it to his disciples, then they taught it to us in the many books of the Bible. The Trinity is seen throughout all scripture, starting from creation, to revelation.

There are even some truths that Jesus spoke as parables so that people with closed hearts (non-believers) would not understand, and thus have less condemnation for the day of judgment. Likewise the Holy Spirit doesn't stop knocking into people's hearts because he runs out of patience. But because he loves you. He knows that you won't repent anyways, and stops building up accusation against you for the day of judgment, by stopping.

Jesus continually said that he is from the Father, and the same as the Father. On the day of baptism the gospel writers write that the Holy Spirit went down on Jesus in the form of a dove. The Holy Spirit was sent on the prophets, and kings in the Old Testament and inspired them to write things that only God could say.

Genesis 1:1 - Elohim is the Jewish word used instead of God. Elohim is PLURAL!
Genesis 1:26 - Who was God talking about when He said "WE"?
Isaiah 6:8 - Who is the "WE" and who said "send me"?
Matthew 28:19 - Why did Jesus want people to be baptised by all THREE?
1 Corinthians 13:14 - Popular ending to apostle's letters
Colossians 2:9 - Jesus has all Diety in Him. HE IS GOD, Elohim.
1 Corinthians 3:16 - So GOD LIVES IN US with His HOLY SPIRIT. Holy Spirit = God

Jesus never said that I AND THE FATHER AND HOLY SPIRIT ARE ONE.

The Bible did. The Bible is Gods word.

So what is your problem? Why are you so stubborn? Is the Bible not enough for you? Maybe I should go to the Muslim forum, and bring up an irrelevant question like yours about Muslim faith and keep on rubbing it in your hides just because Mohamed never said it specifically. Would you like me to do that?

No, so treat us the same way. If you keep this up I'll have reason to report you and your arrogance to the moderators of this forum.
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Abuzola(m): 10:46pm On Aug 25, 2009
@jpot: Kindly show me the trinity the disciple taught, let me see the trinity appear and not a concept. Quote a verse with trinity.
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by chibaby5(f): 10:16am On Aug 26, 2009
Abuzola:

Alright please quote where jesus said, 'i and God and the holy spirit are one' am waiting

1John 5:7. . .ds is lyk da umteenth tym av given u ds verse. . .do u actually take tym 2 read da replies or all u wanno do is say suin
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by alimat2(f): 11:02am On Aug 26, 2009
@Abu,
pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee free chi baby ooooooooh, its ok of the argument
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by chibaby5(f): 11:43am On Aug 26, 2009
alimat 2:

@Abu,
pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee free chi baby ooooooooh, its ok of the argument

cheesy hope u 2 don understand grin grin
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by sleek29(m): 12:11pm On Aug 26, 2009
@abuzola, you have a [b]mind,soul and a spirit [/b]making you 3 in one grin
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by alimat2(f): 1:05pm On Aug 26, 2009
chi-baby:

cheesy hope u 2 don understand grin grin

Understand??

The more u explain the more am confused. I dont want argument, its just a simple question.
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by chibaby5(f): 1:38pm On Aug 26, 2009
watz confusin u dearie? smiley
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by alimat2(f): 3:16pm On Aug 26, 2009
@chi, cool cool cool

as in 3 diff. and seperate entities that fused as trinity is the cos of my confussion

chibaby i miss u over there kiss kiss
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by chibaby5(f): 4:43pm On Aug 26, 2009
alimat 2:

@chi, cool cool cool

as in 3 diff. and seperate entities that fused as trinity is the cos of my confussion

chibaby i miss u over there kiss kiss

u will need da holyspirit 2 teach u b4 u can understand more bbz. . .all i cn do is show u where it sayz it in da bible cool hw u bbz?? kiss
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Abuzola(m): 10:01pm On Aug 26, 2009
@Chinchin, You never quote what i asked you and thats why you just quote chapter and verse to dodge
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by chibaby5(f): 11:17pm On Aug 26, 2009
@Abuzola

wat verse cud dat b dear friend??
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Abuzola(m): 11:52pm On Aug 26, 2009
Am bored and fed up with your dribbling. My religion for me and your religion for you. Case closed
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 4:08am On Aug 27, 2009
Abuzola and Chi. . .

I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world.-Come to think about it if people think God is interesting, the onus is on them to show that there is anything there to talk about. shocked Otherwise they should just shut up about it.
. . .when two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
Which one is your favourite?

Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by JPot: 7:34am On Aug 27, 2009
Ephesians 4:4-6 “There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all.”

One Spirit - The Holy Spirit
One Lord - Lord Jesus Christ
One God - The Father

Does this suffice, Abuzola?
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Abuzola(m): 9:33am On Aug 27, 2009
@jpop, you interpreted the verse wrongly. I have one body and in my body i have the heart. That verse did not say jesus is God it tells us that God is the father therefore, the father whom jesus have been calling till date is God, father is just a literal word for God
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Abuzola(m): 9:55am On Aug 27, 2009
@ogaga- i know the christian God died and this disqualify the quality of God. Truely God exist.

'whosoever is in the heavens and earth beg God for something. Everyday God is engaged in some affar (such as giving honour or disgrace to some, life or death to some) , then which of the blessing of your Lord will you both (jinn and men) deny ?. We shall attend to you (i.e answer ur prayer) , O you two classes (jinn and men) ! Then which of the blessing of ur Lord will you both deny. O assembly of jinn and men ! If you have power to pass beyond the zones of the heavens and the earth, then pass beyond them ! But you will never be able to pass them except with God's authority. Then which of the blessing of your Lord will you both deny ?. There will be sent against you (if you intend to cross the zones of the heaven and earth) you both with smokeless flames of fire and molten brass and you will not be able to defend yourself. Then which of the blessing of ur Lord will you both (jinn and men) deny ?' Quran 55:29-37
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Nezan(m): 10:16am On Aug 27, 2009
Abuzola:

@jpop, you interpreted the verse wrongly. I have one body and in my body i have the heart. That verse did not say jesus is God it tells us that God is the father therefore, the father whom jesus have been calling till date is God, father is just a literal word for God
One body=abuzola
abuzola's heart is in his body
the heart functions independently but is still within abuzola's body and is necessary for his existence
That is the mystery of the Trinity,,,,,,,the Father, Son and Spirit both in the same God-head but performing different duties and co-existing as one.
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by muhsin(m): 11:36am On Aug 27, 2009
sleek29:

@abuzola, you have a [b]mind,soul and a spirit [/b]making you 3 in one grin
Nezan:

One body=abuzola
abuzola's heart is in his body
the heart functions independently but is still within abuzola's body and is necessary for his existence
That is the mystery of the Trinity,,,,,,,the Father, Son and Spirit both in the same God-head but performing different duties and co-existing as one.

In both the Qur'an and the Bible, God says He should not be compared with human. But you. . . Funny.
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by matrim: 11:56am On Aug 27, 2009
@muhsin
the Bible specifically tells us we are created in God's image and a lot of Gods characteristics can also be seen in man-love,anger at sin, mercy and justice
so although we are not on the same level with God,we are a lot like him and can become even more like him through faith in Christ and this is the hope of every christian to become more Christ-like or if you prefer God-like
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by muhsin(m): 12:02pm On Aug 27, 2009
Is Christ God?
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by alimat2(f): 2:46pm On Aug 27, 2009
muhsin:

Is Christ God?

ha no no oooooooooh grin grin grin, but some say na him pikin others say ha him burn himself,some say na 3 office e get join 2gether con make 1 body,winch one we go take grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13)

What Is Your Church's Theme (year Of) For 2024? / 5 Birthday Gifts You Must Present To Jesus Christ Today / The Anthem Of The Redeemed Christian Church Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.