Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:15 AM

Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) (20619 Views)

Hilarious Story : Read What happened to Guy who Married Because Of Money / The Wooing Challenge - Female Version (Audition and Pick Your Man) / 32 Real Men - 16 Beautiful Ladies - 6 Hours. The Wooing Challenge ~ENDED~ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by texazzpete(m): 7:21am On Sep 01, 2009
*Sigh*

When i saw 'wooing' i thought i'd see a girl lamenting about the lack of romantic men these days. I thought i'd see someone complaining that men aren't putting that much effort into making her feel loved and cherished bla bla bla

Instead i see someone complaining about guys not spending enough on her.

The greed is strong in this one. . .
Make your own money and stop whining  grin.
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by whitelexi(m): 7:28am On Sep 01, 2009
Girls, what happened to being real, why do u pretend and tell all those lies to get attention, why do u show your true colors after things have eased up a bit. Why have u lost all the respect, what happened to those days? Why are u so damned rude? Why do u speak before u reason? What happened to education? Why can u not perform your normal chores anymore, why do u feel too big to clean or cook? Why can u not take care of a home? why must u nag?

What happened to self respect?! tongue
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by stilletos: 7:51am On Sep 01, 2009
C2H5OH:

I beg your pardon? As you lay your bed so shall you lie in it. What makes you, a woman he's barely dating, so deserving of the treasure he's worked all his life to earn? Aren't you an equally able-bodied human being, capable of earning your own keep?

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with men who choose to spoil their woman. But for any woman to stake a claim to his treasure as if it's her birthright, especially when you haven't worked for it, in this feministic day and age is preposterous.

I guess you are misinterpreting my message.My point here is that women give up their canal treasure way too quickly these days. I wonder, could it be because of the distorted way in which they perceive their bodies because of the media?
My argument is not in favour of men spending their live savings on a hotshot the met at a supermarket on the 1st day. The picture I would like to see being restored to our everyday culture is men having to work for their women. By work I mean sweat it out let chica post you for a while.As you might have noticed I am a feminist and i will defiantely not be in support of the man being the sole provider of the home and the women a housewife.Call me oldfashioned but i think the idealtime to give up ones carnal treasure is after you've said I do. Too bad some of us gave up that treasure long ago.I tell if i could go back, I'ld wait 4 i do. . .It really isn't worth it.
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by calyx: 8:27am On Sep 01, 2009
Never make such generalisations. Guys still spend. If i dont know anyone, at least i know myself. In my recent relationship i spent so much to make her feel happy. at the end, i still did not get the attention i wanted/deserved. will that make me not to spend in another relationship? maybe yes for some guys due to the experience. but for me, it doesnt change a thing. as a matter of fact, i enjoy spending on my girl cos it makes me feel responsible and happy to see she is happy too.

When you see a mugu, you know a 
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by calyx: 8:30am On Sep 01, 2009
Girls, what happened to being real, why do u pretend and tell all those lies to get attention, why do u show your true colors after things have eased up a bit. Why have u lost all the respect, what happened to those days? Why are u so damned rude? Why do u speak before u reason? What happened to education? Why can u not perform your normal chores anymore, why do u feel too big to clean or cook? Why can u not take care of a home? why must u nag?

What happened to self respect?!

And you can imagine that for months now, I have bought my suit, arranged delivery of a wedding gown + other wedding arrangements but the issue is where is the wife sad sad sad
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by Nobody: 8:53am On Sep 01, 2009
whitelexi:

What happened to self respect?! tongue

At least you are baring your mind and not attacking me for baring mine!! grin grin grin

oyb:

ujujoan, touble finding a billionaire that will spend that doe on you cheesy cheesy

maybe the hardheaded fella does not er consider you to be an investment for his hard earned $$

you're still tuned into no 'romance without finance' - sorry we're tuned into 'independent woman' - much more cost effective when she depends on she and the watch she's wearing she'll buy it

Okay, I guess that's fair enough. You guys want 'independent women' , in other words, you are looking for less responsibility!! Nice!! So I'm right to call you cheapskates then!! tongue

texazzpete:

*Sigh*

When i saw 'wooing' i thought i'd see a girl lamenting about the lack of romantic men these days. I thought i'd see someone complaining that men aren't putting that much effort into making her feel loved and cherished bla bla bla

Instead i see someone complaining about guys not spending enough on her.

The greed is strong in this one. . .
Make your own money and stop whining grin.

Like someone said earlier, I dont believe in romance without finance. Its the effort, no matter how little, that counts!!

I dont have a problem with making my own money, I only worry that you guys have forgotten how to do the same.
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by U1(m): 8:57am On Sep 01, 2009
Some girls still get such nice treatment, but not many of them. Reason? Most of the girls out there are so cheap that they are not worth dying for. Guys, use them just for booty calls. angry lipsrsealed
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by Nobody: 9:06am On Sep 01, 2009
Penny Wise grin
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by Nobody: 9:11am On Sep 01, 2009
Ujujoan:

At least you are baring your mind and not attacking me for baring mine!! grin grin grin

Okay, I guess that's fair enough. You guys want 'independent women' , in other words, you are looking for less responsibility!! Nice!! So I'm right to call you cheapskates then!! tongue

sorry, i thought you were looking for a soulmate, didn't know it was a father figure tongue
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by C2H5OH(f): 9:14am On Sep 01, 2009
stilletos:

I guess you are misinterpreting my message.My point here is that women give up their canal treasure way too quickly these days. I wonder, could it be because of the distorted way in which they perceive their bodies because of the media?
My argument is not in favour of men spending their live savings on a hotshot the met at a supermarket on the 1st day. The picture I would like to see being restored to our everyday culture is men having to work for their women. By work I mean sweat it out let chica post you for a while.As you might have noticed I am a feminist and i will defiantely not be in support of the man being the sole provider of the home and the women a housewife.Call me oldfashioned but i think the idealtime to give up ones carnal treasure is after you've said I do. Too bad some of us gave up that treasure long ago.I tell if i could go back, I'ld wait 4 i do. . .It really isn't worth it.
Will respond later.
man must sleep
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by Oluschenco(m): 9:17am On Sep 01, 2009
1. Economic recession
2. Read Timaya's story.
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by Nobody: 9:17am On Sep 01, 2009
aint nothing going on but the unsecured loan
you got to borrow a billion
if u wanna get with ujujaon  tongue

why do i get the feeling she is a nollywood starlet?
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by BoyBenny(m): 9:18am On Sep 01, 2009
What happened was that guys were tired of spending so much and getting a no, so we opted for spending a little and getting the girl to bed. Moreover, there are more females in the world than males.
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by Nobody: 9:26am On Sep 01, 2009
Uju sorry to say but some women don't know the definition of wooing or a romantic relationship.98% feel it starts and ends with money.That's not how the world should be so are you saying you love has a price no matter how expensive it is it means that person is very cheap.Also chicken-hearted you say let do a quick math suppose i wooed with 70k at least per girl and i have dated 5 girls that means i have spented nothing less than 350k. At the end no marriage or nothing i suppose you did a bit of accounting what will you call that.I agree with texaspete a lot.Your whole point is butressed on the financial aspect only. I don't think you've ever fallen in love and if you did it's probably for the material aspect.The sole purpose of relationship shouldn't be bout having sex cuz i've spent a certain amount on her or measuring love based on the amount he's spending.So my advice get a job and be independent i know we have matured ladies who are independent now those are the ones who deserves financial treatment not your types.I know i'll get bashed 4 this.So bite me
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by zmurda(m): 9:29am On Sep 01, 2009
its a long thing

why bother when you could get your rocks off for less.
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by Nobody: 9:34am On Sep 01, 2009
Funny part is i don't ave problems spending on girls no matter how little it is.It's like an instinct to me.But any chic that keeps bugging me on that or telling me how much i should spend changes my perspective and feelings bout her.I automatically switch to cheapgirl mode.Trust me that aint cool
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by Nobody: 9:46am On Sep 01, 2009
oyb:

sorry, i thought you were looking for a soulmate, didn't know it was a father figure tongue

Who's looking for a soulmate?

oyb:

aint nothing going on but the unsecured loan
you got to borrow a billion
if u wanna get with ujujaon  tongue

why do i get the feeling she is a nollywood starlet?

Lol. You are a funny one aint you?
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by Nobody: 9:49am On Sep 01, 2009
pc guru:

Uju sorry to say but some women don't know the definition of wooing or a romantic relationship.98% feel it starts and ends with money.That's not how the world should be so are you saying you love has a price no matter how expensive it is it means that person is very cheap.Also chicken-hearted you say let do a quick math suppose i wooed with 70k at least per girl and i have dated 5 girls that means i have spented nothing less than 350k. At the end no marriage or nothing i suppose you did a bit of accounting what will you call that.I agree with texaspete a lot.Your whole point is butressed on the financial aspect only. I don't think you've ever fallen in love and if you did it's probably for the material aspect.The sole purpose of relationship shouldn't be bout having sex cuz i've spent a certain amount on her or measuring love based on the amount he's spending.So my advice get a job and be independent i know we have matured ladies who are independent now those are the ones who deserves financial treatment not your types.I know i'll get bashed 4 this.So bite me

Okay, thanks for the advise, I'll start looking for a job then grin

pc guru:

Funny part is i don't ave problems spending on girls no matter how little it is.It's like an instinct to me.But any chic that keeps bugging me on that or telling me how much i should spend changes my perspective and feelings bout her.I automatically switch to cheapgirl mode.Trust me that aint cool

If spend on girls then they wont need to bug you now will they?
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by agathamari(f): 9:51am On Sep 01, 2009
ome cultures teach women to be embarrased by men buying them gifts and others teachthem its improper to accept such gifts until later in a relationship and only for specific occasions (birthdays, new job, christmas, )
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by Nobody: 10:05am On Sep 01, 2009
Ujujoan:

Who's looking for a soulmate?

Lol. You are a funny one aint you?

unfortunately, for u they days of women and guys who make em laugh are over

na guys wey make em live like paris hilton tongue
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by Nobody: 10:07am On Sep 01, 2009
agathamari:

ome cultures teach women to be embarrased by men buying them gifts and others teachthem its improper to accept such gifts until later in a relationship and only for specific occasions (birthdays, new job, christmas, )

The Ibo culture:

Forbids a man/woman to have sex before getting married.

Forbids a man/woman to comit adultery.

Teaches our young men to work hard so that they can take care of their family.

Teaches the young women to be hardoworking and obidient and submissive to their husbands.

But guess what? Nobody does that anymore.
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by Nobody: 10:09am On Sep 01, 2009
oyb:

unfortunately, for u they days of women and guys who make em laugh are over

na guys wey make em live like paris hilton tongue

Before nko? Na laugh person go chop? tongue cheesy
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by jpphilips(m): 10:09am On Sep 01, 2009
@ uju

ONE MAN'S SWEETHEART IS ANODA MAN'S LOOT

IS UJU AN IBO NAME?

just thinking aloud
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by jpphilips(m): 10:12am On Sep 01, 2009
@ uju

Now justify why i should work my arse off to spend on the SWEETHEART that a Richer man is looting grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by waterworks(f): 10:15am On Sep 01, 2009
What happened to those days that guys pay bills

financial meltdown happened nairaland and its many gold diggers!!!!!!!
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by Nezan(m): 10:16am On Sep 01, 2009
The world is drifting towards insanity and absolutely into jugdement.
Those days you were still searching for a wife, you take a girl out and spoil her with gifts.
But these days, how can you take any girl serious when they are all dressed scantily without covering the essential body parts,,,,,what I call nudity in public.

Is it still possible to find a virtuos woman?
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by smooooooth: 10:18am On Sep 01, 2009
@op- your calender must read 1968,  cheesy. criously in 2009, the supply is greater than the demand. men get the babes on their side with a cheap 1,500 recharge card now. some as low as 500,  grin. so what has happend is that the bottom power market has crashed like our stock market. unless you want to take us back to the days of boom, 1968. smiley
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by mayrho(m): 10:19am On Sep 01, 2009
It seems not to work anymore so guys are exploring other avenues
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by Nobody: 10:20am On Sep 01, 2009
waterworks:

financial meltdown happened nairaland and its many gold diggers!!!!!!!

Oh I'm sorry for expecting you to be man enof to take care of your responsibilty. I'm sorry for expecting you to take care of the bills of the woman you want to make your wife. I'm truely sorry for especting you to take up a little financial responsibility for a girl you care about.

Jeez, I'm such a gold digger for expecting you to take charge of the finances your relationship!!
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by Nobody: 10:24am On Sep 01, 2009
smooooooth:

@op- your calender must read 1968, cheesy. criously in 2009, the supply is greater than the demand. men get the babes on their side with a cheap 1,500 recharge card now. some as low as 500, grin. so what has happend is that the bottom power market has crashed like our stock market. unless you want to take us back to the days of boom, 1968. smiley

So you are saying the guys stopped spending cos the ladies now come cheaply. Prolly cos demand is greater than supply.

So when a girl falls without you having to spend a lot, she's cheap, but when she expects you to spend on her before she falls, she's a gold digger!!

Na wa oh! undecided
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by Nobody: 10:28am On Sep 01, 2009
Nezan:

The world is drifting towards insanity and absolutely into jugdement.
Those days you were still searching for a wife, you take a girl out and spoil her with gifts.
But these days, how can you take any girl serious when they are all dressed scantily without covering the essential body parts,,,,,what I call nudity in public.

Is it still possible to find a virtuos woman?

So your excuse is 'indecent dressing'? LOL!! cheesy

You'll only spoil a girl with gifts if she's dressed like the Virgin Mary. cheesy cheesy

You are funny!!
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by zmurda(m): 10:28am On Sep 01, 2009
Ladies, what happened to you wooing we the men instead?

If we have stopped trying, you babes should be more pro active and do something about this!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

What Happens If A Man Doesn't Ejaculate For A Long Time? / Keke-napep wedding / Why Do Guys Love Yansh/booty??? (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.