Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:03 AM

Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) (20621 Views)

Hilarious Story : Read What happened to Guy who Married Because Of Money / The Wooing Challenge - Female Version (Audition and Pick Your Man) / 32 Real Men - 16 Beautiful Ladies - 6 Hours. The Wooing Challenge ~ENDED~ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by femionasan(m): 2:41pm On Sep 01, 2009
Spiky, how u doing? I see there is a lot of emotions running up in here. grin
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by spikedcylinder: 2:47pm On Sep 01, 2009
Hey Femi, long time no see. I hope you're ready to woo me with gifts and other monetary items? cheesy
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by agoshofin(m): 2:52pm On Sep 01, 2009
tongue blah blah blah! then there wuz no phone, skimpy skirty girls, randy men & women and so much TV, Now women think when u do it, u want their body and guys think when a lady does it, she's a gold digger, smiley smiley smiley
there is a disconnect but it still happens though,

everybody is on alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! simple grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by femionasan(m): 2:55pm On Sep 01, 2009
@ Spikedcylinder, i almost typed your name there lol. Have you forgotten our first date in december. After that na im recession hit abi u don forget say recession begin for naija in january?, omo boy dey on a low, low, lol!!! E go beta!!!
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by v3: 2:58pm On Sep 01, 2009
How many girls in their RIGHT state of mind, would get their men a car(way too expensive except na sugar maale), perfumes, undiez n all that stuff moz guys do to their girls?

The ONLY thingy they could possible offer  their "P" will also have to be bought wif our ching-ching, so what gives?. . .

Again i ask. . .Why'd i wanna invest my life's saving on SOME girl when i could  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed ?
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by awizl(m): 3:00pm On Sep 01, 2009
@JB, wetin be ur own ? angry angry angry angry, amebo,u be UJu?,i kno guys lyk u,instead of makin ur own intentions known ,u go bout burnin other ppl's cables
***hiss** fake bwai !

Uju talk 2 me abeg grin grin
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by Nobody: 3:02pm On Sep 01, 2009
i go die oooo!!! grin grin
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by v3: 3:06pm On Sep 01, 2009
@awizl

carry go, u juz my turn out to be the type-a-guy she's (Uju) lookin for. . .dat iz if she hasn't found any already

All the best
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by ndumart: 3:06pm On Sep 01, 2009
Go after money, and when you make it,
the chics will run after you.

Then you wouldn't even have to spend much on them.
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by biola44: 3:22pm On Sep 01, 2009
;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by ucnduka(f): 3:53pm On Sep 01, 2009
Honestly,I think some girls caused this;when a guy shows any interest in them they feel they've opened anoda bank acc, so now tins don change.but as much as I believe a girl shld not be so bent on receiving möney,gifts 4rm a guy the guy shld not b stingy abt it as it is said a man's gift makes way for him.if u consida it as an investmt, u will agree wit me that no b all they work 4 ur gud.for d girls,do not b swayed by d expensive spending of any man but if jam man wey dey stingy run!
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by erekere(m): 4:18pm On Sep 01, 2009
Ladies of nowadays dont even encourage men to spend.they sleep freely with someone who cant afford to spend a dime on them and collect ur own money and start giving excuses such as:u no we just met, i cant come to ur house @ dis stage of our relationship kai! can u imagine where are u in a relationship whereby u expect to be spoil and u dont want to give in return? Well i believe Aqunalism is d best until u are sure.
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by edmondo(m): 5:38pm On Sep 01, 2009
guy got wiser and moreso d street aint smiling at all!
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by Princek12(m): 5:39pm On Sep 01, 2009
Because there is little or no reward for wooing in the real world; the more you woo, the less you see.  A lot of guys, however, still  woo ashawos, because ashawo dey reward you if you woo am.
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by Vuitton(m): 5:56pm On Sep 01, 2009
@ Poster

Looking for treasure = Gold digging
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by papiee: 7:40pm On Sep 01, 2009
abeg people no vex o.im new onthe platform and dont know a better way to do this.
@ oyb . pls hw can i get in touch wit u? my mail is obinnachrisnwoj@gmail.com.
thanks
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by MUZBO(m): 7:45pm On Sep 01, 2009
Vuitton:

@ Poster

Looking for treasure = Gold digging
There you have it. Q.E.D!
Ujujoan just out-smarted herself with her smart thread.
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by eldee(m): 7:46pm On Sep 01, 2009
@topic
Erm . . . we got smarter. grin grin
And a few of us found out that mutual bonds and treasury bills were better investments cheesy cheesy
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by Princek12(m): 8:03pm On Sep 01, 2009
I think also that guys have realized that women need the D as much we need the P, and even if you are going to woo, make sure that you are wooing your wife or fiancee, after she has proven herself worthy of wooing, instead of wooing some chick you just met.
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by chic2pimp(m): 8:05pm On Sep 01, 2009
eldee:

@topic
Erm . . . we got smarter. grin grin
And a few of us found out that mutual bonds and treasury bills were better investments cheesy cheesy

edmondo:

guy got wiser and moreso d street aint smiling at all!
Gbam. Treasury ko bank ni. See their ole mouths.
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by forbidden5(m): 8:47pm On Sep 01, 2009
Ujujoan,

Women are very selfish, all they see is me, myself and I. How would u want a guy of today to toil hard only to lavish that whole money on a girl that would hardly say thanks afterall.

Women have very bad behaviour in general and men are no fools. Now, women are "pay as you go". If you are not sure of a game then you dont spend.

Women are in love with free things while truly nothing is free.

If she aint gonna give it, then I aint gonna spend it. If she goes ahead to give it, then I will spend the whole world on her.
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by rickie4us(m): 8:54pm On Sep 01, 2009
I'LL EMPTY MY BANK ACCOUNT FOR THIS ONE , grin grin grin

Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by chic2pimp(m): 9:24pm On Sep 01, 2009
rickie4us:

I'LL EMPTY MY BANK ACCOUNT FOR THIS ONE , grin grin grin
grin grin grin. SEE YA MOUTH LIKE PUFF PUFF
forbidden5:

Women have very bad behaviour in general and men are no fools. Now, women are "pay as you go". If you are not sure of a game then you dont spend.
grin grin grin. So una don turn women to recharge card abi.
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by Owugal(f): 9:52pm On Sep 01, 2009
I strongly believe its because from what I hear in the states and what I see in the states with many naija women; there really is no treasure to scout after. We women are making ourselves very available to our men and they dont value us like they used to.
On the other hand I think in these days of equality, women are just as bad as men and why should a man who is the same age as you and making the same amount of money as you have to run after you like a devil. if the young man is just as desirable as the woman and about the same age and making the same amount of money or of equal socio-economic status why shoud he be hunting the woman with gifts he can scarcely afford.

the men who lavish gifts on women are commonly old and fat with pot bellies and a lot of money. I mean how else will he get the girl with his physical appearance. nooooo.

My mother always told me that I should never be mean to men when they wooed me because it took some gut to approach me, plus its a compliment that I am not a wretched looking madwoman who no one wants anything to do with.

I think women should be wise when it comes to men, sexual liberation or not. Use the sex as a trump card and leave a lot of loosers behind in the game and only allow a man trully worthy of you/her to win her hand.

But then again men have hearts and breaking it can cause a lot of them to become something else.

gosh too many pros and cons to this issue.

But Nigerian men are really dogs sha well a lot of them are. not all of them. may god help you guys

Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by zugoboss(m): 11:27pm On Sep 01, 2009
Nowadays there's no time for long story,just let her know u fancy her & if she reciprocates fine & if not let her be,simple
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by platinumnk(f): 11:39pm On Sep 01, 2009
@owu gal-
I agree partly with you, some women sell themselves very cheaply, I came home in dec and I went to a party for one of my friends who came home at the same time as me. I was digusted at the lines of girls who were trecking his everystep! and another thing- its a rare thing to find a 9ja dude living abroad that isn't whoring it up.
the time for monetary wooing is over many women make more or the same amount as men. I don't measure by money but how he treats u that's what I treasure. in that u can find our the real heart of a person
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by Pataki: 11:45pm On Sep 01, 2009
Used to be in my dictionary. . . . . but of late my M.O. has changed. Totally thrown away that archaic approach.

Wooing or Yahooing? Who still does that these days? undecided
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by chic2pimp(m): 4:31am On Sep 02, 2009
platinumnk:

The time for monetary wooing is over many women make more or the same amount as men. I don't measure by money but how he treats u that's what I treasure. in that u can find our the real heart of a person
Yes ooo0. . . . . . Absolutely. They make as much money as men nowadays so why should I spend my money on her while she saves hers.
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by topup: 5:24am On Sep 02, 2009
Are we going to forever argue on this forum!!??! It's a personal decision, those who are real, smart and true in love will succeed. If those who want money, sex, are greedy, rude, disrespectful and abusive, want to continue doing that, then that's their choice. Pray you choose the right guy, pray you choose the right girl. Eliminate those guys and girls that do not meet the quota, and just move on with the one who does, because there are millions of them out there, thinking exactly the same thing, entering their deepest thoughts and frustrations into a forum this very moment.
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by Nobody: 8:45am On Sep 02, 2009
You know what baffles me in this thread, is not just height of hypocrisy from the ladies, but the blatant display of total disrespect from the guys.

I use the word ‘hypocrisy’ cos I can boldly say that every girl appreciates a little spoiling from her man. I’m not accusing you ladies of using that as a basis for selection, but don’t tell me you don’t smile when a guy buys you a gift. If you all are as sensible as you claim, then you’ll know the ‘treasure’ is not going to make you fall for a guy. You won’t even accept gifts from a guy you don’t like. But if a guy you like doesn’t buy you gifts or spend a dime on you, you’ll be the first people to post ‘he’s stingy’ on this forum.

As for the guys, you all come here to say ‘ladies are no more worth it, ladies are cheap, they are booty-calls, no time to waste, what’s the point . . . ‘ How do you even expect to meet decent girls with that mentality?

I asked a simple question. . . . .What happened to ‘Treasure’? Most of you have decided to ignore the question and attack me personally. Now I don’t mind being the NL gold-digger, I don’t even mind being called materialistic. But when are people going to start understanding that materials things does not rule out love. That a guy spends on you doesn’t mean you don’t love him for who he is and also the fact that he’s stingy doesn’t make your love real. That a guy is broke doesn’t mean he shouldn’t be truly loved, but can’t the rich guys get the same benefit?

Just because a guy can buy a lady a lot of nice things doesn’t mean he’s trying to buy her love. Those are just things what money brings. The heart is all that matter in the end.

So maybe if you all start thinking like that, you’ll stop seeing ‘treasure’ as something negative!!
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by topup: 9:12am On Sep 02, 2009
Stinginess I think means much more than just withholding money.

A man showers you with money and gifts, but when it comes to night time, he switches on the tv, watches his favourite shows, ignores you, you get tired and start feeling sleepy, at which point you make your way to bed, but first you try and kiss him, and he doesn't care, he doesn't kiss back, because his tv is more important, you go to bed, and lie feeling a deep desire for a want from him, affection.

I think affection is much more powerful.

Firstly, I have only ever ONCE received a gift from a guy, and I thought it was weird, we had only just met and he was showering me with gifts, forcing me to notice him. I didn't like him because of it, and he probably didn't understand that. When we start placing money first, we start doing things the wrong way around.

I don't think women are being hypocrytical but some women obviously think money and gifts are the best way to tell a guy's intentions. How many players can buy a diamond necklace tell me, but how many can listen to you pour your emotions, kiss you goodnight everynight, make sure to check up on you at work.

Roses are sweet, jewellery is amazing, but without the thought and love behind it, it spells nothing. Okay, let me imagine, I've been with a guy for a year and he has not bought me a single gift, that would be strange, because of course it would have been my birthday, but if he's made my year special, for example done something else, that left a much more powerful gift in my heart, e.g. if he created a wonderful memory from a moment, I would not feel any worse off than the woman across the street with her 24carat diamond ring.

I don't want a stingy or cheap man, but money is not the only way to tell this. A rich man can be stingy in attitude even when he's giving you all the diamonds in the world.
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by topup: 9:19am On Sep 02, 2009
There are things that money can do that show affection, like paying your bill so you don't have to worry and you can have a romantic stress-free evening. Or filling your car fuel, or picking you up for work, or buying your travel tickets for you.

However, it's the outwardly showing-off type of gifts that start becoming less about the relationship and more about the statements. What it appears to your girlfriends, who you get to brag about your guy infront of, what it means to you, because you start seeing that money is no issue for your guy, and for your family, friends and everyone else who gets to see the luxuries that your guy has afforded you. These things are the ones that sometimes make me question the genuinity of the guy, I mean guys like to treat their loved ones, like everybody does, but I just hope that it doesn't become a way of pacifying the girlfriend - keeping her happy and sweet with gifts.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

What Happens If A Man Doesn't Ejaculate For A Long Time? / Keke-napep wedding / Why Do Guys Love Yansh/booty??? (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.