Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,760 members, 7,824,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) (20664 Views)

Hilarious Story : Read What happened to Guy who Married Because Of Money / The Wooing Challenge - Female Version (Audition and Pick Your Man) / 32 Real Men - 16 Beautiful Ladies - 6 Hours. The Wooing Challenge ~ENDED~ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by Nobody: 2:49pm On Sep 02, 2009
Princek12:

Uju, Uu, Uju! How many times did I call you? Three. You are such a flip-flopper, saying one thing before and another thing now. You posted the question and you appear to be missing the issue. You said that what happened to a guy spending, paying bills, just to get her to say yes. Inferentially, that means the guy should do all the spending when he meets her; she has not said yes or is saying no; before any commitment on her part or reciprocal favorable treatment from this girl; and he should do all that spending including paying her bills just to get her to say yes. You did not post a question about how a girl will appreciate a little spoiling from her man, which is what you are saying in this post but not what your original question is. To change your stance in the middle of this argument is a copout and a punk move. Most guys won't mind doing that to a girl after they are in a relationship, committed or engaged or married, and the guy is sure that his money won't be going to waste, because the same girl may say no. Mugus, Old, ugly, pot-bellied guys, and guys who lack substance or self esteem and think that that is the only way to get a girl will probably pay your bills just to get you to say yes. But, come on, this is 2009, men should be smarter with their money and invest wisely, because the girls will be chasing you when you are financially OK. Like I said earlier, I am sure a lot of guys will woo you with cash if you stand on the side of the road and sell that stuff, like some girls in Lag or Abuja. Uju, don't be a flip-flopper. You also talked about how does a guy expect to meet a decent girl with that mentality. Have you ever asked yourself: how do you expect to meet a decent guy with your own mentality? Think about it before responding to this, if you ever do.

You are right, I made mention of a guy paying the bills just to get the gril to say yes!! That was when I was talking about the wooing thing. But then they changed the topic to 'Why should I spend on a girl? Why bother? What happened to independence? Why cant you work for your money? . . . And I'm like 'Wao'! Now its even a crime for a guy to spend on his girl!!

Even though NLders decided to digress from the topic, I still think my question is valid.

Those days a man will take tubers of yams and goats to the family of his intended, just to make his intentions known to her family . . . If the family wants to give their daughter, they'll happily accept. If they dont, they tell him to go back with his gifts.

These days, if a lady accepts gifts from a suitor, she becomes a gold-digger, if she rejects, she becomes a model wife!! undecided

These days, guys dont think they should offer ladies gifts because they think 'they are not worth it' undecided

Now I understand if you dont have any gifts to offer, or any money to spend, but why do you have to hold back when you can give, just because you assume the girl's a gold-digger
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by r231(m): 2:54pm On Sep 02, 2009
Ujujoan:

You are right, I made mention of a guy paying the bills just to get the gril to say yes!! That was when I was talking about the wooing thing. But then they changed the topic to 'Why should I spend on a girl? Why bother? What happened to independence? Why cant you work for your money? . . . And I'm like 'Wao'! Now its even a crime for a guy to spend on his girl!!

Even though NLders decided to digress from the topic, I still think my question is valid.

Those days a man will take tubers of yams and goats to the family of his intended, just to make his intentions known to her family . . . If the family wants to give their daughter, they'll happily accept. If they dont, they tell him to go back with his gifts.

These days, if a lady accepts gifts from a suitor, she becomes a gold-digger, if she rejects, she becomes a model wife!! undecided

These days, guys dont think they should offer ladies gifts because they think 'they are not worth it' undecided

Now I understand if you dont have any gifts to offer, or any money to spend, but why do you have to hold back when you can give, just because you assume the girl's a gold-digger

dats not true if she is my girlfriend/wife/fiancée why not cus I will everything/anything for my woman cus i knw 100% dat she will do even more for me.
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by whitelexi(m): 3:06pm On Sep 02, 2009
Uju dearie, I dont believe this argument is still on, abeg slow down with this talk.

will holla
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 02, 2009
smooooooth:

i think i know what uju and topup want, a guy that will sweep them off their feet. okay u two wait make i go buy BROOM. cheesy

ok, on a serious note, me think they both have a point, guyz have forgotten how to treat a lady nicely, they have forgotten that ladies have deeper emotions, that needs to be touched, they no longer give ladies the deserved respect, thats why most of them can raise their hands and hit their women, cheat without care. i'm not talking about the cheap booty calls we get often, i'm talking about the real women, the decent women in our lives, how we treating them, thats a question for all guys. we shld stop putting the blame on the cheap whores, or the economy melt down, etc. its a well known fact that cows give more milk in a friendly environment, so if you treat that lady right, she will understand when the economy is down, she will love you whether u got a dollor to your name or not.

Gifts are neccessary in a relationship, they mean alot to women, i am not saying u have to spend a fortune to get them something, even the little things count, flowers, chocolates, calls, time, they are count. it only tells the lady you are intouch with their feelings, that you thinking bout them most times, like i cant go by a shop with a beautiful dress, shoe or ring on display, without looking and thinking how good it will look on my girl. even if i dont have the money to buy it then, at least i have the thought, and women can hear, and see your thoughts.

life is an echo, what u give out is what u get. guys shld stand up to their responsibilities and be real Men.

Thank you jare! At least you are being sincere . .

These things dosen't have to come with flambouyance; afterall you can only give what you can afford.

The truth of the matter is that men have lost respect for women, totally!! They justify it by making refernce to thier 'booty-calls', but all in all, its obvious that some guys have forgotten how to be decent. Of course they claim the women are to balme and some ladies here buy the idea, but I think this is all a proof that Men are begining to lose sight of their responsibilities!!
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by Nobody: 3:09pm On Sep 02, 2009
whitelexi:

Uju dearie, I dont believe this argument is still on, abeg slow down with this talk.

will holla

grin grin grin

OK!!
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by frank317: 4:06pm On Sep 02, 2009
rickie4us:

@uju

well, I don't know what you were expecting when you got here ,
From what I can observe, you are not quite satisfied with the comments of the guys ,
well, the truth is , no one is going to spend on a girl except they 'treasure' her
in the first place, are you making yourself 'treasurable'?
remember, what you get is what you deserve , the way you will be treated is exactly the treatment that you deserve ,

gone are the days of wooing , women have been claiming equal rights et al and some are even earning more than the guys ,
the simple truth is , the economy is not buoyant enough for all that spoiling , but of course, you can get some from pot bellied men , grin grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked

uju,I wonder why you choose to ignore this post. how i wish you would answer, cos i belive this is where the argument ends
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by Ben13: 4:50pm On Sep 02, 2009
lol. . . nice thread cheesy wooing has travelled long before the global recession.
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by rickie4us(m): 4:54pm On Sep 02, 2009
@ frank3.16
thanks for your comments , Let UJU answer to the post , we are waiting for her ,

Posted by: frank3.16

Quote from: rickie4us on Today at 11:52:29 AM
@uju

well, I don't know what you were expecting when you got here ,
From what I can observe, you are not quite satisfied with the comments of the guys ,
well, the truth is , no one is going to spend on a girl except they 'treasure' her
in the first place, are you making yourself 'treasurable'?
remember, what you get is what you deserve , the way you will be treated is exactly the treatment that you deserve ,

gone are the days of wooing , women have been claiming equal rights et al and some are even earning more than the guys ,
the simple truth is , the economy is not buoyant enough for all that spoiling , but of course, you can get some from pot bellied men
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by chic2pimp(m): 5:19pm On Sep 02, 2009
Ujujoan:

Those days women did not earn as much money as men. Those days are long gone my dear. Welcome to the modern world.
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by Nobody: 5:26pm On Sep 02, 2009
chic2pimp:

Those days women did not earn as much money as men. Those days are long gone my dear. Welcome to the modern world.

@ rickie4us et al . .

Now this is one reasonable argument!! Even though it dosent justify it, cos a gift dosent necessarily have to be what someone can't afford!!

I only agree with the highlighted cos it supports my conclusion that men are shelving their responsibilities and maybe it's because the women now earn as much as they do!!

I wonder who you guys are to judge who deserves what!!

If you can't buy a lady the cheapest meal, you certainly won't be able to buy her a Car when you make the money!!
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by chic2pimp(m): 5:27pm On Sep 02, 2009
smooooooth:

life is an echo, what u give out is what u get. guys shld stand up to their responsibilities and be real Men.
Women should also stand up to their responsibilities and be REAL WOMEN. It works both ways u know.
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by Nobody: 5:29pm On Sep 02, 2009
chic2pimp:

Women should also stand up to their responsibilities and be REAL WOMEN. It works both ways u know.

Yea but you guys should take the lead. Or aint you the stronger sex anymore? Tell us oh, cos women like us will happily take over grin grin
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by Nobody: 6:08pm On Sep 02, 2009
aint nuttin going on in the bed
you gotta spend that bread if u wanna get some head
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:23pm On Sep 02, 2009
What happened to those days that guys pay bills, shower a girl with gifts, take her to exotic places, just to get her to say 'yes'!!

They exist, they're just running from you tongue
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by jidobaba(m): 6:30pm On Sep 02, 2009
Ujujoan:

Yea but you guys should take the lead. Or aint you the stronger sex anymore? Tell us oh, cos women like us will happily take over grin grin

Yes, able-bodied, boil-faced, mustachioed women like you may take over. Later you'll be wondering why no one spends on you. Even last smallies for my zone dey complain say Sugar Daddies dey spoil dem.
And, retract that fib- you're not in the States( or anywhere near 'em), you this Okota girl.
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by ayobase(m): 6:39pm On Sep 02, 2009
Uju, the earlier the better o!

Nigeria Is Blessed.
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by chic2pimp(m): 6:44pm On Sep 02, 2009
Ujujoan:

The saying goes What a Man can do, a woman can do better. Abi no be so  wink?. Its high time u lot prove that saying right. Take the lead and woo us. Instead of complaining make u show us how it is meant to be done.
Ujujoan:

I wonder who you guys are to judge who deserves what!!

If you can't buy a lady the cheapest meal, you certainly won't be able to buy her a Car when you make the money!!
I also wonder who you GIRLS are to judge how we choose to spend our money. If she can't pay for meals when she earns the same amount as I do(or in some cases more than I do), I can begin to imagine wot she'll be like when I start earning millions.
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by eldee(m): 7:31pm On Sep 02, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

They exist, they're just running from you tongue
You actually believe ladies should still get bribed into relationships after all this talk of gender equality?? undecided undecided
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by Nobody: 8:36pm On Sep 02, 2009
They exist, they're just running from you Tongue

Yea, I can see them camping outside your door!! grin grin grin

Neway, I've been advised to let you guys win. so una don win!! grin grin
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by Vuitton(m): 9:01pm On Sep 02, 2009
Ujujoan:

Neway, I've been advised to let you guys win. so una don win!! grin grin

Wonder who your adviser is Hope not you are not being mislead

Men like me love miss independents on that Beyonce kinda tin. We 50 - 50 love can also split the bills 50 - 50 grin
Its a new day so maintain your ego wink
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by C2H5OH(f): 9:10pm On Sep 02, 2009
Guys have become sharper than razor blade grin . Dudes like chic2simp have learned to become more frugal when spending on girls nowadays.  

If you take into account the beautiful fact that hot-looking perfect-figure babes are in abundance and are cheaply willing to act as sperm receptacles for next to nothing.  Why pay more until you want a serious long-term commitment with a decent woman?  undecided
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by Nobody: 9:16pm On Sep 02, 2009
smh
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by Vuitton(m): 9:19pm On Sep 02, 2009
C2H5OH:

If you take into account the beautiful fact that hot-looking perfect-figure babes are in abundance and are cheaply willing to act as sperm receptacles for next to nothing.  Why pay more until you want a serious long-term commitment with a decent woman?  undecided

True  tongue
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by C2H5OH(f): 9:40pm On Sep 02, 2009
@stilletos forgive me. I almost forgot to respond.
I guess you are misinterpreting my message.My point here is that women give up their canal treasure way too quickly these days. I wonder, could it be because of the distorted way in which they perceive their bodies because of the media?
My argument is not in favour of men spending their live savings on a hotshot the met at a supermarket on the 1st day. The picture I would like to see being restored to our everyday culture is men having to work for their women. By work I mean sweat it out let chica post you for a while.As you might have noticed I am a feminist and i will defiantely not be in support of the man being the sole provider of the home and the women a housewife.Call me oldfashioned but i think the idealtime to give up ones carnal treasure is after you've said I do. Too bad some of us gave up that treasure long ago.I tell if i could go back, I'ld wait 4 i do. . .It really isn't worth it.
I did misinterprete some parts of your previous post. Women giving up their "canal treasure" only confirms the historically unspoken truth that women are just as Hot and as ever-ready to sleep around as men are. They are just much better at being closet freaks. Men working for their women is not submerged in material spending alone. There are a plethora of other more efficient methods that a man can employ to make a woman feel on top of the world; material spending is only one of the possible ones. If the women paid more attention to these other efforts they wouldn't be too selfishly concerned with "treasure wooing". Guys are now heavily reliant on other cost-effective models of expressing their love. We can save the "treasure wooing" for when we reel in the hot catch.

And,
If everyone waited until the ideal "I do" moment to give up their "canal treasure", I would be happy because I get to marry my virgin grin, but overall we would have too many constipated, grumpy, <violent?> people walking around. I would prefer to have it that way though, since it would probably shift the people's focus toward living for GOD? That's purely speculation on my part.

You can always opt for reconstructive surgery, but I'm sure you know that's a fool's way of brandishing a defective product as "new", and being the profound feminist that you are you wouldn't want to take that low-road.
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:41pm On Sep 02, 2009
Uju, I no need such "camping> i wasnt raised poor so nothing can impress me. Sorry cool

eldee:

You actually believe ladies should still get bribed into relationships after all this talk of gender equality?? undecided undecided

where does it say that I said any of the sort?  

I'll be waiting for a quote.
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by Sauron1: 9:44pm On Sep 02, 2009
C2H5OH:

Guys have become sharper than razor blade grin . Dudes like chic2simp have learned to become more frugal when spending on girls nowadays.  

+1

This.
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by bolanleodu: 9:56pm On Sep 02, 2009
why are girls so intrested in the money and not the man. f**king money slaves
~Sauron~:

+1

This.
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by eldee(m): 9:58pm On Sep 02, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

Uju, I no need such "camping> i wasnt raised poor so nothing can impress me. Sorry cool

where does it say that I said any of the sort?  

I'll be waiting for a quote.
Hehehe . . . was just setting that trap for you.
I'm just looking for these halfway feminists that want the best of both worlds. cheesy cheesy
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by chic2pimp(m): 10:01pm On Sep 02, 2009
C2H5OH:

Omo na so we see am ooo. Men have to be frugal nowadays. If not ,dem go chop your money finish and leave u with next to nothing.
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:54pm On Sep 02, 2009
eldee:

Hehehe . . . was just setting that trap for you.
I'm just looking for these halfway feminists that want the best of both worlds. cheesy cheesy

Oniranu. tongue

Although gender equality doesnt mean a guy should never buy a girl something nice. After all despite the gender equality you lazy dorks still expect a good meal from your women, no be so?
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by oyinda3(f): 11:00pm On Sep 02, 2009
What happened to those days that guys pay bills, shower a girl with gifts, take her to exotic places, just to get her to say 'yes'!!

What happened to spoiling her to get her on you side?

what days/era was this? I don't think guys generally ever did that. undecided. i mean that has to be the most stupid thing a guy could do. what if she says no? of course the girl will take the gifts even if she doesn't want him.
and even if she does says yes, what happens after? the gift, money supply just stops? is the girl supposed to remain with him after that? undecided
how silly
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by Sauron1: 11:05pm On Sep 02, 2009
chic2pimp:

Omo na so we see am ooo. Men have to be frugal nowadays. If not ,dem go chop your money finish and leave u with next to nothing.

TBH, today's women don't really care about em gifts and incentives BEFORE the relationship.
Of course, they don't complain when showered with the gifts but it's not a prerequisite like it used to be in em days.
There's acute shortage of good men these days so women scrap for anything in trousers. The days of take me to the cinema before i kiss you are well and truly OVER.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

Why Do Guys Love Yansh/booty??? (picture) / Guys!! Upload Your Pics Lets See How Handsome You Are. / Nairalander Pre-wedding Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.