Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help (94859 Views)

"Why I Proposed To My Girlfriend With N2 Million Dummy Cheque" - Nigerian Man / She's HIV Positive, How Do I Tell Her?? / I Proposed To A Lady The First Time I Saw Her And She Accepted On The Spot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jun 19, 2016
What if you go for another test three months later and suprise suprise you are hiv positive?? You would blame her right? For not telling you from the onset... You better call off the engagement.You even had unprotected SEX with her and she still kept mute about it
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by Subom1(f): 10:34pm On Jun 19, 2016
Firstly in this day and age one does not need to be ignorant.

When you get into a relationship its best that you both go for an HIV test and Sti test to ensure that both are free from any sexual transmitted diseases and use a condom at all times.

You ad your partner can decide how often you can do test whether it be twice a year etc.

I also believe that once a couple feels that they want to get serious then they can do other tests such as fertilityand genotype that way you will know earlier than latter when feelings have become stronger making it more complicated.

This will save a lot of people stories that touch.
In this day and age you can't tell who is HIV positive by appearances and there are some people who are out there sorey to infect as many people as possible.

Your girlfriend was extremely selfish and should have told you at least before the relationship started getting serious.

3 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by Rexnegro(m): 10:35pm On Jun 19, 2016
Gasout:
Good evening members in the house. I purposely brought this topic to this section (family) cos I blive i'll have a mature responses and contributions.

I'll try to be brief as possible.
I met this lady 2014 but we started dating November last year. It took her a whole year for her to accept dating me.

But then, she told me that, there is something she will tell any man who desire to marry her bt, depend on the level of seriousness of the man.

Then, I took what she planned telling her hubby to be as nothing serious nt until d relationship began to wax stronger. After being in the relationship for a while, I discovered she posses virtually all d qualities I desire in a lady and wouldn't mind spending the rest of my life with her.

I tried to make her tell me what she has in mind that she plan to tell her hubby to be, she refused. At this stage, our both parents re aware of our relationship and we planned to have our INTRO this June.

I proposed to her last week, she accepted and busted to tears. Initially, I thought it was a tears of joy, nt knowing it was something entirely different from my thought.

I took her home with different feelings within me since she couldn't stop crying. When we got to their house b4 she alighted, she hold my hands and told me me 'she's HIV positive'

I was startled for minutes. She said I should think about it if I still want the relationship.

I have make enquiries from Doctors if both of us can marry and He said yes Bt the am nt still convince. Please, Nairalanders, I need ur sincere advice on this issue...

no mata wat nairalanders says The final Answer still lies within u...all You re seeking for is opinions probably to gauge The same Answer You Have in Your head...wel as for me I'd say If truly You love her as in LOVE her then go ahead if You can bear with the fact on ground that's positive. Then don't rely on What The Doctor said alone, seek for another Doctor if possible two or three Doctors And hear their own, cos at times Doctors can contradict themselves ehn. Good luck in whatever decision You choose
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by dottypax: 10:37pm On Jun 19, 2016
Gasout:
Good evening members in the house. I purposely brought this topic to this section (family) cos I blive i'll have a mature responses and contributions.

I'll try to be brief as possible.
I met this lady 2014 but we started dating November last year. It took her a whole year for her to accept dating me.

But then, she told me that, there is something she will tell any man who desire to marry her bt, depend on the level of seriousness of the man.

Then, I took what she planned telling her hubby to be as nothing serious nt until d relationship began to wax stronger. After being in the relationship for a while, I discovered she posses virtually all d qualities I desire in a lady and wouldn't mind spending the rest of my life with her.

I tried to make her tell me what she has in mind that she plan to tell her hubby to be, she refused. At this stage, our both parents re aware of our relationship and we planned to have our INTRO this June.

I proposed to her last week, she accepted and busted to tears. Initially, I thought it was a tears of joy, nt knowing it was something entirely different from my thought.

I took her home with different feelings within me since she couldn't stop crying. When we got to their house b4 she alighted, she hold my hands and told me me 'she's HIV positive'

I was startled for minutes. She said I should think about it if I still want the relationship.

I have make enquiries from Doctors if both of us can marry and He said yes Bt the am nt still convince. Please, Nairalanders, I need ur sincere advice on this issue...

I think u should take her for a test n then ask the doctor to advice you on what to do.but to be candid I know there is a way you can impregnate her n always be with her without you contacting the virus by taking some preventive medical measures but man you should know that the path you wish to undertake is not an easy one.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by swaggerdgrt(m): 10:37pm On Jun 19, 2016
Gbese...... Guy run for ur lfe oohhh Women plenty
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by travelpoint: 10:38pm On Jun 19, 2016
Nairaland people with nollywood story. The move will sell if you use good actors n actresses
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jun 19, 2016
Gasout:
Yes, we had sex just once and it was protected
Be frank 1 so called protected sex from 2014 -2016 ? Good holy boy.?
This what is called self inflicted injury.
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jun 19, 2016
its gud to b in luv,,@ one point in our lives we all feel we cannt live witout sum1,,but as ur heart lead let ur brain follow bumper2fender ...i can see u wana go on wit d gurl thinkin on a short run (luv),,but my broda d pros n cons dt cums wit marryin such a gurl on a long run u wonnt b able 2 bear it(excessive baggage nii) ur sex life aint gona b normal even child bearing,,imagine avin sex n ur mind kips sayin check d condom se ko tii burst 4 hw long,,ur mind gonna Bleep u up.Life is short they say but i say marriage is long.. am Movin On

3 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by ogawisdom(m): 10:39pm On Jun 19, 2016
Gasout:
Yes sir and mine is negative. But, the Doctor asked me to come for another test next 3 month.
Note: we only had protected sex just once

Y would she keep her status away frm u n allow u do introduction. She is a devil stay away from her. She even allowed u to sex her n am sure u guys kissed raw abi u wear condom for tongue, boy u shld b worried abt ur HIV status, do d test in three different places after 4months

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by Poliss(m): 10:39pm On Jun 19, 2016
Was busy reading tinkin it was a serious mata self. Since u can't die wit ha wotz d essence of shouting u luv ha so much? Marry, stay and die wit ha if u really luv ha.
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by 123emeka: 10:39pm On Jun 19, 2016
A relationship based on lies may not last

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by eyinjuege: 10:40pm On Jun 19, 2016
AyaSunday:

You are absolutely wrong for this. Sex is not the only way to transmit HIV.

Wrong to say HIV clinic is filled with both men and women? Young and old?
Our discussion wasn't on the various ways HIV is transmitted but rather on the erroneous belief that men can hardly catch it from unprotected sexual intercourse.
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by omaigala12(m): 10:41pm On Jun 19, 2016
histemple:
For those of you asking if he had unprotected s3x with her, he could have unprotected s3x without contracting the virus.
A man contracting the HIV from a lady is very slim except there are cracks. But a lady contracts it immediately a male carrier ejaculates in her, no matter the quantity of fluid.

Back to your concern OP. You may have to be sure that she isn't pulling your legs to watch your reaction. She may possibly be trying to gauge how you will tolerate or discriminate against disability.
Oga aids pass disability oo
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by Taryur3(m): 10:41pm On Jun 19, 2016
Cooked story. ..idonbilif u.
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by nini007(m): 10:41pm On Jun 19, 2016
eyinjuege:

Pls do not misinform people.

The HIV clinic is filled with both men and women, young and old. Boys n girls that are 18years, 20s inclusive, men and women in their 60s are also not left out.
Eyinjuege, u don't even understand what he's saying here..smh
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jun 19, 2016
Vickyydera:
Do you think she is worth ruining your life for?
I can't marry a HIV positive person,even if you like be an angel.
capisce!
see this one saying nonsense,your talking ruining life,no be some people sit down jeje,armed robber go kill them,or some na road kill them,did anyone tell you he or she will know his appointed time die? no be malaria kill actor so yesterday? be there and keep saying nonsense,if he loves her he should marry her afterall no one lives past 80 yrs nowadays and anyone can die at any f*cking time
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by Basalt(m): 10:42pm On Jun 19, 2016
Gasout:
Yes, we had sex just once and it was protected

Why should you have sex with somebody you are not married to yet?
Its not good.
Before I comment, you must first of all go for your HIV test

modifed

Op read my lips .

Dont marry that girl or else you will regret it.

A word is enough for the wise.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by Eastlink(m): 10:43pm On Jun 19, 2016
OP go fast and conduct an HIV test to confirm your status. The biitch deserves to be stoned.
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by duality(m): 10:43pm On Jun 19, 2016
Governor fayose already answered this question in advance.. People say the man is a prophet. smiley
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by AntiWailer: 10:43pm On Jun 19, 2016
Gasout:
She's positive while mine is negative

U need someone to slap u continously until ur brain enter gear 2.

Quit.

You are not Jesus that will wash away her sins.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by sweetcocoa(f): 10:43pm On Jun 19, 2016
dammiedot:

How can you determine what the right thing to do is? Its unfair for any one to discriminate an HIV victim. I bet some of us here do not know their HIV status. Who knows, if she was once a victim of rape,etc
Excuse me please, don't start with the discrimination talk because this isn't a case of such.

This OP is being what I consider stupid by still asking questions tbh, like how can someone claim to care about you but keep such away? I'm even getting angry typing this cos believe me, if I were the OP, that woman better pray I didn't contract the virus cos, infact let me not even think about it. angry

I hate people like OP's fiancee because they are not nice people, they only pretend to be. Then she started crying after he proposed, what was she crying for? Like it wasn't what she had planned all along.

OP you better run for your life if you have any sense left.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by Bammydele83: 10:43pm On Jun 19, 2016
Bros I'd advise you listen to Fayose's advice as regards Ali Modu Sheriff
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by sbabimbola(f): 10:44pm On Jun 19, 2016
eyinjuege:

Pls do not misinform people.

The HIV clinic is filled with both men and women, young and old. Boys n girls that are 18years, 20s inclusive, men and women in their 60s are also not left out.

You are right!
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jun 19, 2016
Living with someone who is HiV +ve is really challenging. Lots of discipline and precaution required in d marriage. It's possible to marry one who is positive and still b negative. It's also possible to have kids who will b negative. If she takes good care of herself by taking her drugs religiously, the lesser chance u have of contracting it. But it will require life time commitment for it to work. Marriage is a life time decision and not just a part time thing. Think about it before making a choice. U could also talk to a health counselor in any HiV clinic close to u for more info. All d best and may God guide u.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jun 19, 2016
Take her to Salvation Ministries, Port Harcourt. Testimonies on HIV positive turned negative with medical proofs is an everyday affair. There is a solution for her there, problem solved.
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by Memyselfu2009(m): 10:48pm On Jun 19, 2016
HelL No she fooled you all these while she would have told you earlier.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by skywalker001(m): 10:50pm On Jun 19, 2016
Vickyydera:
Do you think she is worth ruining your life for?
I can't marry a HIV positive person,even if you like be an angel.
capisce!
Vicky Vicky... Miss No nonsense

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by loadux(f): 10:50pm On Jun 19, 2016
speaking from a medical point of view I don't think HIV is the worse disease one can get, it's dreadful yes, we all agree but really it's not that big of a deal.

there are lots of discordant couples who get married and give birth to normal children w/o an increase risk to the HIV negative partner, but there are factors to consider and steps to follow

@op bottom line is do not let HIV be the determining factor in ur relationship, there cld be worse disease which cld happen later in ur marriage by then there will be no excuse

so the question is, do I love this girl enough to look beyond the dx and see only the positive attributes she posses, if yes, then go ahead
but if this HIV thing in going to be standing btw u for the rest of ur lives then its better to part ways now.

4 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by eightsin(m): 10:51pm On Jun 19, 2016
Jeeeesssuuu!!!
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by sweetcocoa(f): 10:51pm On Jun 19, 2016
badonkadonk:
Chai....

Can u just imagine that ur fiancé...

She is very heartless o...

She allowed u fall in love to the extent of proposing...

Then she shatter ur hopes and aspirations with that devastating and destiny killing news...

Upon all that... As if that wasn't enough...

She begin cry ontop... You Wey spose dey cry no cry na she wey spose no cry begin cry...

Thats just sad...
Someone who perfectly gets it.

Na that cry part pain me pass I swear. angry

Just what was she crying for? To manipulate him the more ofcourse.

I'm surprised the OP is even asking the wrong questions.

I expect to hear questions like "how do I refrain from committing murder"

I really wonder why he's not angry.

Well, I guess, manipulators do know how to choose their victims.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by hardbody: 10:53pm On Jun 19, 2016
Gasout:

Honestly, she did! And when I I inquired, she said because of pregnancy

Pregnancy

I thought u said u wore CD? Did it break?

I am beginning to suspect this your story

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by eyinjuege: 10:53pm On Jun 19, 2016
nini007:
Eyinjuege, u don't even understand what he's saying here..smh

I absolutely understand what he's saying, but certain things need to be clarified on a forum such as this where we have a lot of highly impressionable people who won't bother to go research themselves.

All they would remember is that they read somewhere on the Internet- NL that they as young men cannot catch HIV by sleeping once with a woman unprotected.

Can you catch gonorrhea by sleeping with an infected woman once?

http://www.cdc.gov/std/hiv/stdfact-std-hiv-detailed.htm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Guys, Stop Searching For The Perfect woman... See This (picture) / Eudoxie Yao Joins Twerking Gang. Fans Go Gaga / I Tested My Girlfriend And She Failed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.