Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,324 members, 7,829,813 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

Your Favourite Bible Verse - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Your Favourite Bible Verse (17753 Views)

What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? / What Is Your Favourite Bible Verse. / What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Revive(f): 8:57am On May 27, 2008
Is. 54:17

"No weapon fashioned agaisnt you shall prosper."
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Revive(f): 8:59am On May 27, 2008
Dan. 7:22

"It is time for God's people to receive royal power."
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Revive(f): 9:01am On May 27, 2008
Lk. 21:18

"Not a single hair of yours will be lost"
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Revive(f): 9:04am On May 27, 2008
Is. 41:13

"I am the Lord your God, don't be afraid. I will help you and give you strength."
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Revive(f): 9:18am On May 27, 2008
Psalm 117.

"Praise the LORD, all nations!
Praise Him , all peoples!
His love for us is strong,
and His faithfulness is eternal. "
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Revive(f): 4:17pm On May 27, 2008
"Our Father who at in heaven, Hallow be thy name"

Does any body need quotation (chapter & verse) for this one?
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by kolaoloye(m): 4:53pm On May 27, 2008
Revive:

"Our Father who at in heaven, Hallo be thy name"

YES,tell us

Psalm 91:1
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by syrup(f): 5:53pm On May 27, 2008
1 John 2:5 - But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

- - - - - - - -
Revive:

Maybe Matthew 6:9-13?
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Revive(f): 1:02pm On May 28, 2008
kola oloye:

YES,tell us

Hahahaha,

Dear I though it is a world wide Christian prayer. So I expected that the chapters and verses where it comes from should be commonly known to Christains. But anyway even if the chapters and verses are not known the important thing is that the prayer is known- At least I can count on that.

Well the sentence is taken from "Our LORD'S Prayer"
The chapters and verses are:

Math. 6:9
    &
Lk. 11:2a

syrup link.
- - - - - - - -
Maybe [b:

Matthew 6:9-13
?

Proud of you dear.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Revive(f): 1:26pm On May 28, 2008
1 Kings 17:1b

'As the LORRRRRRRRRRD GOD lives! before whom I stand, there shall not be dew or rain these years except at my word'

Lord that your devout Christains of today will also always demonstrate your Power in times of need Amen.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Revive(f): 1:33pm On May 28, 2008
2 Kings 2:9b

"Please let a double portion of your spirit be upon me "

Lord God, Abba Father I aso pray Thee, "Please grant me the double portion of your Holy Spirit Amen."
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by kolaoloye(m): 10:30am On Jun 03, 2008
REVELATION 22: 10-12
10  Then he told me, "Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book, because the time is near.

11  Let him who does wrong continue to do wrong; let him who is vile continue to be vile; let him who
      does right continue to do right; and let him who is holy continue to be holy."

12 "Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Xiomarra: 6:33am On Jun 04, 2008
. . . .And he knew her. cheesy
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Xiomarra: 6:55am On Jun 04, 2008
An Athieist's favorite biblical verses.

http://mypage.direct.ca/w/writer/bible.html

An Atheist's Favourite Bible Verses
(All quotes from Revised Standard Version)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hats off to Eve, the heroic Biblical character who stood up to God and dared to reach for wisdom, truth, beauty, and good food; and to the serpent, who had the guts to tell the truth about God's lies, arrogance, injustice, and tyranny.

Genesis 3:2-6
And the woman said to the serpent, "We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden; but God said, "You shall not eat of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, neither shall you touch it, lest you die.'" But the serpent said to the woman, "You will not die. For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil." So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was to be desired to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate; and she also gave some to her husband, and he ate.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And a kick in the butt to Adam, that sniveling, finger-pointing, pusillanimous, brain-dead excuse for a husband.

Genesis 3:12
The man said, "The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me fruit of the tree, and I ate."

Excerpt from the forbidden book, avariciously read by 8-year old Christians everywhere, by flashlight. They were puzzled then and they're puzzled now.

Song of Solomon 7:1-9
How graceful are your feet in sandals, O queenly maiden! Your rounded thighs are like jewels, the work of a master hand. Your navel is a rounded bowl that never lacks mixed wine. Your belly is a heap of wheat, encircled with lilies. Your two breasts are like two fawns, twins of a gazelle. Your neck is like an ivory tower. Your eyes are pools in Heshbon, by the gate of Bathrabbim. Your nose is like a tower of Lebanon, overlooking Damascus. Your head crowns you like Carmel, and your flowing locks are like purple; a king is held captive in the tresses.

God forces people to believe in lies and then condemns them for it.

2 Thessalonians 2:11-12
Therefore God sends upon them a strong delusion, to make them believe what is false, so that all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

The criminal death of a fetus is a misdemeanor, not murder.

Exodus 21:22-25
When men strive together, and hurt a woman with child, so that there is a miscarriage, and yet no harm follows, the one who hurt her shall be fined, according as the woman's husband shall lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine. If any harm follows, then you shall give life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, stripe for stripe.

The Bible is pro-choice -- it says it is better to be aborted in the womb than to live an unhappy or wicked life.

Jeremiah 20:14-18
Cursed be the day I was born! the day when my mother bore me, let it not be blessed! Cursed be the man who brought the news to my father, "A son is born to you," making him very glad. Let that man be like the cities which the Lord overthrew without pity; let him hear a cry in the morning and an alarm at noon, because he did not kill me in the womb; so my mother would have been my grave, and her womb for ever great,  Why did I come forth from the womb to see toil and sorrow, and spend my days in shame?

Job 3:16-19
Or why was I not as a hidden untimely birth, as infants that never see the light? There the wicked cease from troubling, and there the weary are at rest. There the prisoners are at ease together; they hear not the voice of the taskmaster. The small and the great are there, and the slave is free from his master.

Ecclesiastes 6:3-5

If a man begets a hundred children, and lives many years, so that the days of his years are many, but he does not enjoy life's good things, and also has no burial, I say that an untimely birth is better off than he. For it comes into vanity and goes into darkness, and in darkness its name is covered; moreover it has not seen the sun or known anything; yet it finds rest rather than he.

A couple of examples of the Old Testament's respect for women.
Judges 19:22-29
As they were making their hearts merry, behold, the men of the city, base fellows, beset the house round about, beating on the door; and they said to the old man, the master of the house, "Bring out the man who came into your house, that we may know him." And the man, the master of the house, went out to them and said to them, "No, my brethren, do not act so wickedly; seeing that this man has come into my house, do not do this vile thing. Behold, here are my virgin daughter and his concubine; let me bring them out now. Ravish them and do with them what seems good to you; but against this man do not do so vile a thing." But the men would not listen to him. So the man seized his concubine, and put her out to them; and they knew her, and abused her all night until the morning. And as the dawn began to break, they let her go. And as morning appeared, the woman came and fell down at the door of the man's house where her master was, till it was light. And her master rose up in the morning, and when he opened the doors of the house and went out to go on his way, behold, there was his concubine lying at the door of the house, with her hands on the threshold. He said to her, "Get up, let us be going." But there was no answer. Then he put her upon the ass; and the man rose up and went away to his home. And when he entered his house, he took a knife, and laying hold of his concubine, he divided her, limb by limb, into twelve pieces, and sent her throughout all the territory of Israel.

Genesis 19:4-8
But before they lay down, the men of the city, the men of Sodom, both young and old, all the people to the last man, surrounded the house; and they called to Lot, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us, that we may know them." Lot went out of the door to the men, shut the door after him, and said, "I beg you, my brothers, do not act so wickedly. Behold, I have two daughters who have not known man; let me bring them out to you, and do to them as you please; only do nothing to these men, for they have come under the shelter of my roof."

The adultery test---a God-sanctioned recourse for any suspicious husband:

Numbers 5:17, 24-28

The priest shall take holy water in an earthen vessel, and take some of the dust that is on the floor of the tabernacle and put in into the water. … And he shall make the woman drink the water of bitterness that brings the curse, and the water that brings the curse shall enter into her and cause bitter pain. … If she has acted unfaithfully against her husband, … her body shall swell, and her thigh shall fall away, and the woman shall become an execration among her people. But if the woman has not defiled herself and is clean, then she shall be free and shall conceive children.

Meek and mild Jesus, the harbinger of love, mercy, and turning the other cheek.

Matthew 10:34-35
"Do not think that I have come to bring peace on earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man's foes will be those of his own household."

Matthew 13:49-50
"So it will be at the close of the age. The angels will come out and separate the evil from the righteous, and throw them into the furnace of fire; there men will weep and gnash their teeth."

Matthew 23:33
"You serpents, you brood of vipers, how are you to escape being sentenced to hell?"

A[b] few of God's forgotten commandments.[/b]

Exodus 21, 22, and 23
[21:2] ",  When you buy a Hebrew slave, he shall serve six years, and in the seventh he shall go out free, for nothing."

[21:7-8] "When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she shall not go out as the male slaves do."

[21:26-27] "When a man strikes the eye of his slave, male or female, and destroys it, he shall let the slave go free for the eye's sake. If he knocks out the tooth of his slave, male or female, he shall let the slave go free for the tooth's sake."

[22:18, KJV] "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live."

[22:19] "Whosoever lieth with a beast shall surely be put to death."

[22:20] "He that sacrificeth unto any god save unto the Lord only, he shall be utterly destroyed."

[22:29] ,  "The first-born of your sons you shall give to me. You shall do likewise with your oxen and with your sheep: seven days it shall be with its dam; on the eighth day you shall give it to me."

[23:19] ,  "You shall not boil a kid in its mother's milk."

After committing genocide against the Midianites, Moses parcels out the booty.

Numbers 31:17, 40
[Verse 17, Moses says:] "Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who has known man by lying with him. But all the young girls who have not known man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves."

[Verse 40:] The persons [women who had not known man by lying with him] were sixteen thousand, of which the Lord's tribute was thirty-two persons.

God's enthusiastic endorsement of child abuse.

Proverbs 23:13-14

Do not withhold discipline from a child. If you beat him with a rod, he will not die. If you beat him with the rod, you will save his life from Sheol.

Deuteronomy 21:18-21

If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who will not obey the voice of his father; or the voice of his mother, and, though they chastise him, will not give heed to them, then his father and his mother shall take hold of him and bring him out to the elders of his city at the gate of the place where he lives, and they shall say to the elders of his city, "This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton and a drunkard." Then all the men of the city shall stone him to death with stones; so you shall purge the evil from your midst; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

A[b] kernel of wisdom and realism, amidst the stupidity and wishful thinking.[/b]
Ecclesiastes 3:19-20
For the fate of the sons of men and the fate of beasts is the same; as one dies, so dies the other. They all have the same breath, and man has no advantage over the beasts, for all is vanity. All go to one place, all are from the dust, and all turn to dust again.

The greatest story ever told. It's got it all--heroism, lost innocence, jealousy, betrayal, intrigue, romance, conflict and suspense, humble beginnings, and a glorious end, all tied together by the abiding love between a father and his son. It's the story of Joseph, and reading it still gives me goose bumps.

Genesis 45:1-3
Then Joseph could not control himself before all those who stood by him; and he cried, "Make every one go out from me." So no one stayed with him when Joseph made himself known to his brothers. And he wept aloud, so that the Egyptians heard it, and the household of Pharaoh heard it. And Joseph said to his brothers, "I am Joseph; is my father still alive?"

Not an atheist, but can't help but wonder sometimes.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Xiomarra: 7:29am On Jun 04, 2008
Song of Solomon. grin

http://www.fourmilab.ch/etexts/www/Bible/Song_of_Solomon.html
Song of Solomon

Chapter 1

The song of songs, which is Solomon's.
Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth: for thy love is better than wine.
Because of the savour of thy good ointments thy name is as ointment poured forth, therefore do the virgins love thee.
Draw me, we will run after thee: the king hath brought me into his chambers: we will be glad and rejoice in thee, we will remember thy love more than wine: the upright love thee.
I am black, but comely, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, as the tents of Kedar, as the curtains of Solomon.
Look not upon me, because I am black, because the sun hath looked upon me: my mother's children were angry with me; they made me the keeper of the vineyards; but mine own vineyard have I not kept.
Tell me, O thou whom my soul loveth, where thou feedest, where thou makest thy flock to rest at noon: for why should I be as one that turneth aside by the flocks of thy companions?
If thou know not, O thou fairest among women, go thy way forth by the footsteps of the flock, and feed thy kids beside the shepherds' tents.
I have compared thee, O my love, to a company of horses in Pharaoh's chariots.
Thy cheeks are comely with rows of jewels, thy neck with chains of gold.
We will make thee borders of gold with studs of silver.
While the king sitteth at his table, my spikenard sendeth forth the smell thereof.
A bundle of myrrh is my well-beloved unto me; he shall lie all night betwixt my breasts.
My beloved is unto me as a cluster of camphire in the vineyards of Engedi.
Behold, thou art fair, my love; behold, thou art fair; thou hast doves' eyes.
Behold, thou art fair, my beloved, yea, pleasant: also our bed is green.
The beams of our house are cedar, and our rafters of fir.

Chapter 2

I am the rose of Sharon, and the lily of the valleys.
As the lily among thorns, so is my love among the daughters.
As the apple tree among the trees of the wood, so is my beloved among the sons. I sat down under his shadow with great delight, and his fruit was sweet to my taste.
He brought me to the banqueting house, and his banner over me was love.
Stay me with flagons, comfort me with apples: for I am sick of love.
His left hand is under my head, and his right hand doth embrace me.
I charge you, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, by the roes, and by the hinds of the field, that ye stir not up, nor awake my love, till he please.
The voice of my beloved! behold, he cometh leaping upon the mountains, skipping upon the hills.
My beloved is like a roe or a young hart: behold, he standeth behind our wall, he looketh forth at the windows, shewing himself through the lattice.
My beloved spake, and said unto me, Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away.
For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone;
The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land;
The fig tree putteth forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell. Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away.
O my dove, that art in the clefts of the rock, in the secret places of the stairs, let me see thy countenance, let me hear thy voice; for sweet is thy voice, and thy countenance is comely.
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
My beloved is mine, and I am his: he feedeth among the lilies.
Until the day break, and the shadows flee away, turn, my beloved, and be thou like a roe or a young hart upon the mountains of Bether.

Chapter 3

By night on my bed I sought him whom my soul loveth: I sought him, but I found him not.
I will rise now, and go about the city in the streets, and in the broad ways I will seek him whom my soul loveth: I sought him, but I found him not.
The watchmen that go about the city found me: to whom I said, Saw ye him whom my soul loveth?
It was but a little that I passed from them, but I found him whom my soul loveth: I held him, and would not let him go, until I had brought him into my mother's house, and into the chamber of her that conceived me.
I charge you, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, by the roes, and by the hinds of the field, that ye stir not up, nor awake my love, till he please.
Who is this that cometh out of the wilderness like pillars of smoke, perfumed with myrrh and frankincense, with all powders of the merchant?
Behold his bed, which is Solomon's; threescore valiant men are about it, of the valiant of Israel.
They all hold swords, being expert in war: every man hath his sword upon his thigh because of fear in the night.
King Solomon made himself a chariot of the wood of Lebanon.
He made the pillars thereof of silver, the bottom thereof of gold, the covering of it of purple, the midst thereof being paved with love, for the daughters of Jerusalem.
Go forth, O ye daughters of Zion, and behold king Solomon with the crown wherewith his mother crowned him in the day of his espousals, and in the day of the gladness of his heart.

Chapter 4

Behold, thou art fair, my love; behold, thou art fair; thou hast doves' eyes within thy locks: thy hair is as a flock of goats, that appear from mount Gilead.
Thy teeth are like a flock of sheep that are even shorn, which came up from the washing; whereof every one bear twins, and none is barren among them.
Thy lips are like a thread of scarlet, and thy speech is comely: thy temples are like a piece of a pomegranate within thy locks.
Thy neck is like the tower of David builded for an armoury, whereon there hang a thousand bucklers, all shields of mighty men.
Thy two breasts are like two young roes that are twins, which feed among the lilies.
Until the day break, and the shadows flee away, I will get me to the mountain of myrrh, and to the hill of frankincense.
Thou art all fair, my love; there is no spot in thee.
Come with me from Lebanon, my spouse, with me from Lebanon: look from the top of Amana, from the top of Shenir and Hermon, from the lions' dens, from the mountains of the leopards.
Thou hast ravished my heart, my sister, my spouse; thou hast ravished my heart with one of thine eyes, with one chain of thy neck.
How fair is thy love, my sister, my spouse! how much better is thy love than wine! and the smell of thine ointments than all spices!
Thy lips, O my spouse, drop as the honeycomb: honey and milk are under thy tongue; and the smell of thy garments is like the smell of Lebanon.
A garden inclosed is my sister, my spouse; a spring shut up, a fountain sealed.
Thy plants are an orchard of pomegranates, with pleasant fruits; camphire, with spikenard,
Spikenard and saffron; calamus and cinnamon, with all trees of frankincense; myrrh and aloes, with all the chief spices:
A fountain of gardens, a well of living waters, and streams from Lebanon.
Awake, O north wind; and come, thou south; blow upon my garden, that the spices thereof may flow out. Let my beloved come into his garden, and eat his pleasant fruits.

Chapter 5

I am come into my garden, my sister, my spouse: I have gathered my myrrh with my spice; I have eaten my honeycomb with my honey; I have drunk my wine with my milk: eat, O friends; drink, yea, drink abundantly, O beloved.
I sleep, but my heart waketh: it is the voice of my beloved that knocketh, saying, Open to me, my sister, my love, my dove, my undefiled: for my head is filled with dew, and my locks with the drops of the night.
I have put off my coat; how shall I put it on? I have washed my feet; how shall I defile them?
My beloved put in his hand by the hole of the door, and my bowels were moved for him.
I rose up to open to my beloved; and my hands dropped with myrrh, and my fingers with sweet smelling myrrh, upon the handles of the lock.
I opened to my beloved; but my beloved had withdrawn himself, and was gone: my soul failed when he spake: I sought him, but I could not find him; I called him, but he gave me no answer.
The watchmen that went about the city found me, they smote me, they wounded me; the keepers of the walls took away my veil from me.
I charge you, O daughters of Jerusalem, if ye find my beloved, that ye tell him, that I am sick of love.
What is thy beloved more than another beloved, O thou fairest among women? what is thy beloved more than another beloved, that thou dost so charge us?
My beloved is white and ruddy, the chiefest among ten thousand.
His head is as the most fine gold, his locks are bushy, and black as a raven.
His eyes are as the eyes of doves by the rivers of waters, washed with milk, and fitly set.
His cheeks are as a bed of spices, as sweet flowers: his lips like lilies, dropping sweet smelling myrrh.
His hands are as gold rings set with the beryl: his belly is as bright ivory overlaid with sapphires.
His legs are as pillars of marble, set upon sockets of fine gold: his countenance is as Lebanon, excellent as the cedars.
His mouth is most sweet: yea, he is altogether lovely. This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem.

Chapter 6

Whither is thy beloved gone, O thou fairest among women? whither is thy beloved turned aside? that we may seek him with thee.
My beloved is gone down into his garden, to the beds of spices, to feed in the gardens, and to gather lilies.
I am my beloved's, and my beloved is mine: he feedeth among the lilies.
Thou art beautiful, O my love, as Tirzah, comely as Jerusalem, terrible as an army with banners.
Turn away thine eyes from me, for they have overcome me: thy hair is as a flock of goats that appear from Gilead.
Thy teeth are as a flock of sheep which go up from the washing, whereof every one beareth twins, and there is not one barren among them.
As a piece of a pomegranate are thy temples within thy locks.
There are threescore queens, and fourscore concubines, and virgins without number.
My dove, my undefiled is but one; she is the only one of her mother, she is the choice one of her that bare her. The daughters saw her, and blessed her; yea, the queens and the concubines, and they praised her.
Who is she that looketh forth as the morning, fair as the moon, clear as the sun, and terrible as an army with banners?
I went down into the garden of nuts to see the fruits of the valley, and to see whether the vine flourished and the pomegranates budded.
Or ever I was aware, my soul made me like the chariots of Amminadib.
Return, return, O Shulamite; return, return, that we may look upon thee. What will ye see in the Shulamite? As it were the company of two armies.

Chapter 7

How beautiful are thy feet with shoes, O prince's daughter! the joints of thy thighs are like jewels, the work of the hands of a cunning workman.
Thy navel is like a round goblet, which wanteth not liquor: thy belly is like an heap of wheat set about with lilies.
Thy two breasts are like two young roes that are twins.
Thy neck is as a tower of ivory; thine eyes like the fishpools in Heshbon, by the gate of Bathrabbim: thy nose is as the tower of Lebanon which looketh toward Damascus.
Thine head upon thee is like Carmel, and the hair of thine head like purple; the king is held in the galleries.
How fair and how pleasant art thou, O love, for delights!
This thy stature is like to a palm tree, and thy breasts to clusters of grapes.
I said, I will go up to the palm tree, I will take hold of the boughs thereof: now also thy breasts shall be as clusters of the vine, and the smell of thy nose like apples;
And the roof of thy mouth like the best wine for my beloved, that goeth down sweetly, causing the lips of those that are asleep to speak.
I am my beloved's, and his desire is toward me.
Come, my beloved, let us go forth into the field; let us lodge in the villages.
Let us get up early to the vineyards; let us see if the vine flourish, whether the tender grape appear, and the pomegranates bud forth: there will I give thee my loves.
The mandrakes give a smell, and at our gates are all manner of pleasant fruits, new and old, which I have laid up for thee, O my beloved.
Chapter 8
O that thou wert as my brother, that sucked the breasts of my mother! when I should find thee without, I would kiss thee; yea, I should not be despised.
I would lead thee, and bring thee into my mother's house, who would instruct me: I would cause thee to drink of spiced wine of the juice of my pomegranate.
His left hand should be under my head, and his right hand should embrace me.
I charge you, O daughters of Jerusalem, that ye stir not up, nor awake my love, until he please.
Who is this that cometh up from the wilderness, leaning upon her beloved? I raised thee up under the apple tree: there thy mother brought thee forth: there she brought thee forth that bare thee.
Set me as a seal upon thine heart, as a seal upon thine arm: for love is strong as death; jealousy is cruel as the grave: the coals thereof are coals of fire, which hath a most vehement flame.
Many waters cannot quench love, neither can the floods drown it: if a man would give all the substance of his house for love, it would utterly be contemned.
We have a little sister, and she hath no breasts: what shall we do for our sister in the day when she shall be spoken for?
If she be a wall, we will build upon her a palace of silver: and if she be a door, we will inclose her with boards of cedar.
I am a wall, and my breasts like towers: then was I in his eyes as one that found favour.
Solomon had a vineyard at Baalhamon; he let out the vineyard unto keepers; every one for the fruit thereof was to bring a thousand pieces of silver.
My vineyard, which is mine, is before me: thou, O Solomon, must have a thousand, and those that keep the fruit thereof two hundred.
Thou that dwellest in the gardens, the companions hearken to thy voice: cause me to hear it.
Make haste, my beloved, and be thou like to a roe or to a young hart upon the mountains of spices.

Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by kolaoloye(m): 9:57am On Jun 04, 2008
  Acts 1: 8-11
8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in
   Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

9  And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.

10  And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;

11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is
taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by freelance(m): 11:34am On Jun 06, 2008
1 Thessalonians 5:17

Never stop praying.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by kolaoloye(m): 9:47am On Jun 10, 2008
Philippians 4:8
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest,
whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely,
whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise,
think on these things.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by tybanky(f): 1:57pm On Jun 19, 2008
PSALM 24 v 8-10

8. Who is this King of glory?
The LORD strong and mighty,
The LORD mighty in battle.

9. Lift up your heads, O you gates!
Lift up, you everlasting doors!
And the King of glory shall come in.

10. Who is this King of glory?
The LORD of hosts,
He is the King of glory.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by kolaoloye(m): 9:10am On Jun 20, 2008
Proverbs 29:2
When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; but when the wicked rule, the people groan.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jun 23, 2008
"And Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself. . . " Daniel 1:8
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by atutupoyo(f): 4:18pm On Jun 23, 2008
JER 3:3 "call me and I will answer you. I will show u great and wonderful things that you dont know
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by kolaoloye(m): 11:16am On Jun 25, 2008
Titus 1:15
Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure;
but even their mind and conscience is defiled.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by jintujinta(m): 3:16pm On Jun 25, 2008
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him will not perish but have everlasting life.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by amaikama(m): 8:35am On Jun 30, 2008
Psalm 91.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by kolaoloye(m): 10:03am On Jul 04, 2008
Romans 8:12-15

So then, brothers and sisters, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh—for if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God. For you did not receive a spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received a spirit of adoption. When we cry, “Abba! Father!” it is that very Spirit bearing witness with our spirit ,
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by ifyalways(f): 10:31am On Jul 04, 2008
jintujinta:

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him will not perish but have everlasting life.
you took it right out of my mouth keyboard .
Its amazing ! its awesome ! what a love !
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by holychic: 12:07pm On Jul 04, 2008
Roman 6:1 Should we continue to live in sin so that grace may abound.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by bisibaby(f): 4:56pm On Jul 05, 2008
By his stripes we are healed

My word shall not come back to me void until it has accomplished that which i have sent it

Isahia 60:1 Arise shine for thy light has come for the glory of the lord is risen upon thee

Honour thy father and thy mother so that your days might be long in the land of the living

pls i have 4gotten the chapter of these verses in the bible someone may pls help me out sha

Thanks
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by kolaoloye(m): 1:15pm On Jul 07, 2008
Psalm 37:28
For the LORD loves the just and will not forsake his faithful ones. They will be protected forever,
but the offspring of the wicked will be cut off.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by tybanky(f): 2:32pm On Jul 07, 2008
1. My son, do not forget my law,
But let your heart keep my commands;

2. For length of days and long life and peace they will add to you.

3. Let not mercy and truth forsake you;
Bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart,

4. And so find favor and high esteem in the sight of God and man.

Proverbs 3 vs 1-4
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by kolaoloye(m): 2:57pm On Jul 07, 2008
tybanky:

1. My son, do not forget my law,
But let your heart keep my commands;

2. For length of days and long life and peace they will add to you.

3. Let not mercy and truth forsake you;
Bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart,

4. And so find favor and high esteem in the sight of God and man.

Proverbs 3 vs 1-4
thank you mama

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

How Can A Pastor Show Christ-Love To Female Members Without Flirting With Them? / Is It A Sin If I Spend My Tithe For This Month And Pay Back The Next Month? / Pastor Refused To Dedicate Man's Restaurant For Selling Alcohol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.