Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,316 members, 7,829,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

Your Favourite Bible Verse - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Your Favourite Bible Verse (17752 Views)

What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? / What Is Your Favourite Bible Verse. / What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by kolaoloye(m): 10:50am On Jul 25, 2008
Ecclesiastes 3:13
That everyone may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all his toil- this is the gift of God.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by tybanky(f): 6:24pm On Jul 25, 2008
1. Have mercy upon me, O God, According to your lovingkindness;
According to the multitude of Your tender mercies, Blot out my transgressions.

11. Do not cast me away from Your presence,
And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.

Psalm 51:1,11
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Pepeye(f): 10:18pm On Jul 25, 2008
1TIMOTHY 6-12
Fight the good Fight of Faith, lay hold on eternal life

I CORINTHIANS 3:21
Therefore let no man glory in men, For All Things Are Yours’
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Pepeye(f): 10:08pm On Jul 27, 2008
COLOSSIANS 1:26-27
Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints

To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentles; Which Is Christ In You, The Hope Of Glory
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by tybanky(f): 12:09pm On Jul 28, 2008
He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be moved. Psalm 62:6
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Pepeye(f): 8:46pm On Jul 28, 2008
ROMANS 5-5
And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Pepeye(f): 8:48pm On Jul 28, 2008
JOSHUA 1-8
This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous and then you will have good success
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by kolaoloye(m): 8:37am On Jul 29, 2008
Isaiah 55:11
   So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish
   that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Pepeye(f): 8:13pm On Jul 29, 2008
MARK 16-17
And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick and they shall recover
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Flakybaby(f): 8:49pm On Jul 29, 2008
2Timothy 1:6

For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

Psalm 50:15

Call upon ME in the day of trouble. I will deliver you and you shall glorify ME.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by debosky(m): 8:54pm On Jul 29, 2008
Psalm 119: 105

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by tybanky(f): 3:08pm On Jul 30, 2008
John 15:7:
"If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you."
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Pepeye(f): 8:09pm On Jul 30, 2008
PSALMS 16-6

The Lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places; yea, I have a goodly heritage.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by kolaoloye(m): 4:18pm On Jul 31, 2008
Joshua 1:8:
Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night,
so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful."
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by tybanky(f): 4:45pm On Jul 31, 2008
Jeremiah 33:3:
"Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not."
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Pepeye(f): 4:55pm On Jul 31, 2008
2 CORINTHIANS 10 -4
For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but are mighty through God to the pulling down of Strong Holds

2 CORINTHIANS 10 -5
Casting down imagination and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity Every Thought to the obedience of Christ
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Pepeye(f): 9:33pm On Aug 01, 2008
2CORINTHIANS 3-5
Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiently is of God

2CORINTHIANS 3-6
Who also hath made us able ministers of the New Testament; not of the letter, but of the Spirit: For the letter killeth, but the Spirit giveth life
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Pepeye(f): 7:47am On Aug 02, 2008
1 TIMOTHY 3-16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof. For correction, for instruction in righteousness

1 TIMOTHY 2-15
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of truth

1 TIMOTHY 4-15
Meditate upon these things: give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Nobody: 8:02am On Aug 02, 2008
I love this verse and it has helped me through some rough parches when i had no one but God always came tru for me.

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
2 My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth.
3 He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.
4 Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
5 The Lord is thy keeper: the Lord is thy shade upon thy right hand.
6 The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.
7 The Lord shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.
8 The Lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.

and Psalm 91

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Pepeye(f): 8:21am On Aug 02, 2008
JOHN 14-30
For the prince of this world cometh and hath Nothing In Me
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by ifyalways(f): 2:13pm On Aug 02, 2008
We are hard pressed on every side but NEVER crushed,Perplexed but NEVER in despair,persecuted but NEVER abandoned,struck down but NEVER destroyed. kiss 2 cor 4v8
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Pepeye(f): 7:38pm On Aug 02, 2008
2CORINTHIANS 5-18-19

All things are of God, who hath reconciled us to Himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

To wit that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto Himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the Word of reconciliation.

2CORINTHIANS 5-20
Now then we are Ambassadors for Christ
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by rubi(f): 7:57pm On Aug 02, 2008
philipians chapter 4 verse 19 God shall supply all my needs according to is riches with glory in christ jesus
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Pepeye(f): 6:27am On Aug 03, 2008
1CORINTHIANS 6-20
For you were bought with A Price; therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s

2 CORINTHIANS 5-7
For we walk by faith, not by sight nor sensory perception
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Pepeye(f): 6:28am On Aug 03, 2008
MATTHEW 9-37
Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is Plenteous, but the Labourers are Few
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Pepeye(f): 6:30am On Aug 03, 2008
1CORINTHIANS 15-45

And so it is written, The first man Adam became a living being. The last Adam became a Life- Giving Spirit
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by kolaoloye(m): 3:42pm On Aug 04, 2008
Isaiah 41:10
Fear not, for I am with you; do not look around you in terror and be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen and harden you to difficulties, yes, I will help you; yes, I will hold you up and retain you
with My victorious right hand of rightness and justice.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Pepeye(f): 3:10pm On Aug 05, 2008
MATTHEW 5-14-15
Ye are the light of the world.

A City That Is Set on an Hill Cannot Be Hid.
Neither do men light a candle and put it under a brushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.

COLOSSIANS 1:26-27
Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints

To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentles; Which Is Christ In You, The Hope Of Glory
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Pepeye(f): 10:10pm On Aug 06, 2008
2 CORINTIANS 5:17

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creation; old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by kolaoloye(m): 9:00am On Aug 07, 2008
Psalms 1:6
For the LORD watches over the way of the righteous,
       but the way of the wicked will perish.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by quickygal(f): 9:06am On Aug 07, 2008
john 3;16!! grin it covers all ,
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Pepeye(f): 9:05pm On Aug 07, 2008
1 TIMOTHY 3-16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof. For correction, for instruction in righteousness

1 TIMOTHY 2-15
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of truth

1 TIMOTHY 4-15
Meditate upon these things: give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply)

How Can A Pastor Show Christ-Love To Female Members Without Flirting With Them? / Is It A Sin If I Spend My Tithe For This Month And Pay Back The Next Month? / Pastor Refused To Dedicate Man's Restaurant For Selling Alcohol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.