Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,446 members, 7,830,227 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

Your Favourite Bible Verse - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Your Favourite Bible Verse (17756 Views)

What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? / What Is Your Favourite Bible Verse. / What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by tybanky(f): 3:09pm On Jul 07, 2008
Thank God for His word
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jul 07, 2008
IS. 54:17
No weapon formed against you shall prosper and every tongue which rises against you in judgment you shall condemn.
This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD,and their righteousness is from Me, says the LORD

IS 45:2
I will go before you and make the crooked places straight; I will break in pieces the gates of bronze and cut the bars of iron.

Prov.10:22
The blessing of the LORD makes one rich, and He adds no sorrow with it.

Ps.23
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Aspire009: 8:32am On Jul 08, 2008
Philippians 4:6

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by grandjedi(m): 9:16am On Jul 08, 2008
John 3:16 -
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son,
that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish , but have
everlasting life."

This, y'all is the greatest love story ever. kiss kiss kiss
Thanx for loving me, Lord; and helping me not to let you down.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by kolaoloye(m): 1:12pm On Jul 08, 2008
Exodus 20:20

And Moses said to the people, “Do not fear; for God has come to prove you, and
that the fear of him may be before your eyes, that you may not sin.”
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by tybanky(f): 1:40pm On Jul 08, 2008
Matthew 6 vs 33-34

33. But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteouness,
And all these things shall be added to you.

34. "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow,
For tomorrow will worry about its own things.
Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by cutieee(f): 12:41pm On Jul 09, 2008
romans 9:15-16

for He said to Moses, i will have mercy on whom i will have mercy n i will have compassion on whom i will have compassion ,for it is not of him that willeth nor of him that runneth but of God that showeth mercy

ecc 9:11

The race is not to the swift
       or the battle to the strong,
       nor does food come to the wise
       or wealth to the brilliant
       or favor to the learned;
       but time and chance happen to them all.
1 cor 1:27-29

27But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. 28He chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are, 29so that no one may boast before him.
and finally

for He said to me my grace is sufficient for you for my strength is made perfect in weakness
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by maureenfx(f): 12:44pm On Jul 09, 2008
mine is psalm 51:1-19
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by kolaoloye(m): 12:54pm On Jul 09, 2008
Leviticus 25:17
Ye shall not therefore oppress one another; but thou shalt fear thy God:for I am the LORD your God.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by tybanky(f): 12:59pm On Jul 09, 2008
Romans: 14: 11

For it is written:
  "As I live, says the LORD,
  Every knee shall bow to Me,
  And every tongue shall confess to God".
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by juliesanto(f): 1:11pm On Jul 09, 2008
What shall we say then? should we continue to live in sin that God's grace will increase? certainly not! we have died to sin-how then can we go on living in it? Romance:6:1-2.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by tybanky(f): 11:11am On Jul 10, 2008
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the Lord Forever.
[center]Psalm 23 vs 6[/center]
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jul 10, 2008
Romans 12:2

Don't copy the behaviour and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will know what God wants you to do, and you will know how good and pleasing and perfect his will really is. NLT

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable , and perfect, will of God. KJV.

Very profound!!
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by tybanky(f): 5:18pm On Jul 11, 2008
12. "And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work.
14. Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.

[center]Revelation 22vs 12, 14[/center]
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by kolaoloye(m): 3:25pm On Jul 14, 2008
Psalm 29:3-4
The voice of the Lord is upon the waters; the God of glory thunders, the Lord, upon many waters.
The voice of the Lord is powerful, the voice of the Lord is full of majesty.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by tybanky(f): 4:49pm On Jul 14, 2008
When you lie down, you will not be afraid; Yes, you will lie down and your sleep will be sweet.
Do not be afraid of sudden terror, Nor of trouble from the wicked when it comes;
For the LORD will be your confidence, And will keep your foot from being caught.

[center]Proverb 3:24-26[/center]
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by omomumzy(f): 5:13pm On Jul 14, 2008
Philippians 4:4
Rejoice in the Lord always, Again I will say, rejoice
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by kolaoloye(m): 9:33am On Jul 15, 2008
Proverbs 2:20-22
Thus you will walk in the ways of good men and keep to the paths of the righteous. For the upright will live in the land,
and the blameless will remain in it; but the wicked will be cut off from the land, and the unfaithful will be torn from it.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Pepeye(f): 7:32pm On Jul 15, 2008
Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to them
than love God, to those who are the called according
to His purpose

ROMANS 8:26
Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weakness. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groaning which cannot be uttered
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jul 15, 2008
LITTLE CHILDREN KEEP URSELVES FROM SIN
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by kolaoloye(m): 9:58am On Jul 16, 2008

2 Corinthians 2:14

Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ,
and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Pepeye(f): 9:53pm On Jul 16, 2008
PHILIPPIANS 4-8
Finally, my brethren, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Pepeye(f): 8:49am On Jul 17, 2008
2 Corinthians 3:18

And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Pepeye(f): 7:51pm On Jul 18, 2008
1 TIMOTHY 3-16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof. For correction, for instruction in righteousness

1 TIMOTHY 2-15
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of truth
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by kolaoloye(m): 10:50am On Jul 22, 2008
Jhn 14:23
Jesus answered and said to him, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him,
and We will come to him and make Our home with him.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by tybanky(f): 1:53pm On Jul 22, 2008
Revelation 7:11-12

11.  All the angels stood around the throne and the elders and the four living creatures, and fell on their faces before the throne and worshiped God,
12. saying:
      "Amen! Blessing and glory and wisdom,
      Thanksgiving and honor and power and might,
      Be to our God forever and ever Amen.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by tybanky(f): 2:05pm On Jul 23, 2008
Who is this King of glory? The LORD of Hosts, He is the Kingof glory.
Psalm 24:10
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by kolaoloye(m): 2:19pm On Jul 23, 2008
Psalm 71:14  
  But I will hope continually, and will yet praise thee more and more. 
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by one4love: 9:47am On Jul 24, 2008
It's my pleasure to write you, am Lucky by name male strong looking for a sexy sweet woman like you to be with, please if you are interested on me kindly write me here one_love28293@yahoo.co.uk please when writing kindly drop your personal contact will be necessary for me to reach you.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by tybanky(f): 1:51pm On Jul 24, 2008
It's my pleasure to write you, am Lucky by name male strong looking for a sexy sweet woman like you to be with, please if you are interested on me kindly write me here one_love28293@yahoo.co.uk please when writing kindly drop your personal contact will be necessary for me to reach you.

why here? May God deliver you!
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by tybanky(f): 2:01pm On Jul 24, 2008
Be my strong refuge, To which I may resort continually; You have given the commandment to save me, For You are my rock and my fortress.
[center]Psalm 71:3[/center]
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Pepeye(f): 8:38pm On Jul 24, 2008
PSALM 82-5-7
They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness; all the foundations of the earth are out of course.
I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.
But ye shall die like men and fall like one of the princes

JOHN 10-30-35
I and my Father are one.

Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him
Jesus answered them, Many goods works have I showed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?

The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

If he called them gods, unto whom the Word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Is It A Sin If I Spend My Tithe For This Month And Pay Back The Next Month? / Pastor Refused To Dedicate Man's Restaurant For Selling Alcohol / Life In The Occult World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.