Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,781 members, 7,813,581 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:25 PM

Your Favourite Bible Verse - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Your Favourite Bible Verse (17691 Views)

What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? / What Is Your Favourite Bible Verse. / What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by kunle75(m): 12:00pm On Jan 01, 2008
2corinthians 5:17, Behold if any is in christ he is a new creature,old things has passed away and all things have become new.

proverb 14:34 Rigtheousness exalt a nation and sin is reproach to any people.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by pilgrim1(f): 3:47am On Jan 02, 2008
Eccl. 9:8 -- Let thy garments be always white; and let thy head lack no ointment.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by dafidixone(m): 2:45pm On Jan 04, 2008
Joshua 1:8:
" Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful."
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by pilgrim1(f): 6:24pm On Jan 09, 2008
Leviticus 21:6

They shall be holy unto their God, and not profane the name of their God: for the offerings of the LORD made by fire, and the bread of their God, they do offer: therefore they shall be holy.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by TayoD1(m): 6:26pm On Jan 09, 2008
Psalm 27:4

One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Nobody: 9:43am On Jan 10, 2008
"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. . . . . . . And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper." Psalm 1:1-3
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by pilgrim1(f): 9:57am On Jan 10, 2008
Leviticus 24:22
Ye shall have one manner of law, as well for the stranger,
as for one of your own country: for I am the LORD your God.

- - - - - - - - - - -

@OlowoTee, cheesy
Happy New Year! I trust God for many blessings in your life that will redound to His glory! cheesy
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Nobody: 10:30am On Jan 10, 2008

@Pilgrim1
Thanks for the compliments, I appreciate it and I pray God to order your steps and make your life a testimony in every ramification! Do have a 1daful year
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by efuah(f): 11:31am On Jan 10, 2008
For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled. 2 Corinthians 10:4 - 6
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Nestle(f): 3:05pm On Jan 10, 2008
He that spared not his own son,
but delivered him up for us all,
how shall he not with him also freely give us all things

ROMANS 8 VS 32
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by TheSly: 10:10pm On Jan 11, 2008
Ohh! cheesy

here goes my favorite verse in the bible! cool

Isaiah 4 verse 1 cool (N.I.V)

In that day,seven women will take hold of one man! cheesy

and say * we will eat our own food and provide our own clothes* cool
Only let us be called by ur name cheesy ,Take away our disgrace!

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jan 11, 2008
and mine goes thus:rev. 21:20he who testifies to these things said, behold i come, even so, come lord jesus.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jan 11, 2008
and another goes thus, eph 4: 29.dont give the devil a chance.wow!
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by pilgrim1(f): 6:34pm On Jan 13, 2008
Romans 1:16

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ:
for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth;
to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by efuah(f): 11:23am On Jan 14, 2008
The Lord will perfect that which concerns me. . . Psalm 138:8
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by stephen2(m): 11:25am On Jan 15, 2008
PS 23V6

SURELY,GOODNESS AND MERCY SHALL FOLLOW ME,ALL THE DAYS OF MY LIFE AND I WILL DWELL IN THE HOUSE OF THE LORD,FOREVER AND EVER, AMEN
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by olabowale(m): 2:33pm On Jan 15, 2008
Am not a Christian, but please permit me to post this achillies heel of Bible Verses: From The Old Testament, Deut. 6 Verse 4. And from New Testament, Mar. 12 Verse 29. Both Verses are declaring that God Almight the Creator is One God. No two or three or godheads or godpersons or god personalities. JUST ONE GOD, period!
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by pilgrim1(f): 2:41pm On Jan 15, 2008
@olabowale,

olabowale:

Am not a Christian, but please permit me to post this achillies heel of Bible Verses:

You're welcome to appreciate the Bible, even if you're not a Christian. smiley

There is no "achillies heel" in the Bible; and perhaps that tone suggests that you are hell-bent to ALWAYS demonstrate your derision towards Christians! What have they done to you personally, olabowale?

olabowale:

From The Old Testament, Deut. 6 Verse 4. And from New Testament, Mar. 12 Verse 29. Both Verses are declaring that God Almight the Creator is One God. No two or three or godheads or godpersons or god personalities. JUST ONE GOD, period!

The Bible never mentions GODHEAD[b]S[/b] in the plural - and I have pointed this out to you AGAIN and AGAIN!

Do you care for a little sincerity, please?
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by pilgrim1(f): 2:48pm On Jan 15, 2008
@olabowale,

Can I also ask you this: WHY is it that just as Muhammad hated Jews and Christians, so Muslims today hate them so much that they would not let them be? WHAT exactly did Jews and Christians do to you Muslims that your heart is soaked with such HATE against them?
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jan 15, 2008
pilgrim,

we dont hate christains ,pls don't generalise.

I for one have many christains has friends and not in a day have we ever fought or argue about our differences.

If people claim that some part of the world hates another. , they have their own reasons for doing so,
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by pilgrim1(f): 3:24pm On Jan 15, 2008
@mdsocks,

mdsocks:

pilgrim,

we don't hate christains ,please don't generalise.

I'm sorry that you guys leave me no alternative to make a bold statement as appears in my assertion. Until we see a move from MORE Muslims to curb the seething HATE among their Muslim brethren towards Jews and Christians, my post stands as is!

mdsocks:

I for one have many christains has friends and not in a day have we ever fought or argue about our differences.

It happens. I have also said earlier in another thread that I have quite a handle of Muslims as friends, besides those who are Hindus and free-thinkers. Yet, you will not find Christians on the majority seeking to call for such hatred and attacks on them as do the Muslims against Jews and Christians.

mdsocks:

If people claim that some part of the world hates another. , they have their own reasons for doing so,

And that is why I asked these questions:

pilgrim.1:

@olabowale,

Can I also ask you this: WHY is it that just as Muhammad hated Jews and Christians, so Muslims today hate them so much that they would not let them be? WHAT exactly did Jews and Christians do to you Muslims that your heart is soaked with such HATE against them?

What "reason" would Muhammad and Muslims have for their seething HATE towards Jews and Christians that they won't simply let them be? undecided
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by dafidixone(m): 3:42pm On Jan 15, 2008
Am not a Christian, but please permit me to post this achillies heel of Bible Verses: From The Old Testament, Deut. 6 Verse 4. And from New Testament, Mar. 12 Verse 29. Both Verses are declaring that God Almight the Creator is One God. No two or three or godheads or godpersons or god personalities. JUST ONE GOD, period!

God that began this Work in you will bring it to completion. grin Keep trying there is always a first time to everyone. grin It is not by Power, not by Might; "by my Spirit" says the Lord Olabowale I told you grin cheesy grin cheesy God have done it before and He is ready to do it again.

Shallom!
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by pilgrim1(f): 10:55am On Jan 17, 2008
Job 8:7 -- Though thy beginning was small, yet thy latter end should greatly increase.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by pilgrim1(f): 3:48am On Jan 21, 2008
Proverbs 2:6 -- For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by kingsikaz(m): 1:16pm On Jan 23, 2008
if a man die, will he live again? all d days of my APPOINTED TIME will i WAIT till my CHANGE come.
job 14:14 i luv it so much.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by luvus: 1:48pm On Jan 23, 2008
hi my favorite is this i say, "Walk in the Spirit and you shall not fulfil the desire of the flesh" also check this out, this thread interesting https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-107465.0.html
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by efuah(f): 3:21pm On Jan 23, 2008
For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the spirit will of the spirit reap everlasting life. . . Galatians 6:8
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by pilgrim1(f): 5:57pm On Jan 23, 2008
Proverbs 12:8

A man shall be commended according to his wisdom: but he that is of a perverse heart shall be despised.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by pilgrim1(f): 12:09pm On Jan 26, 2008
Proverbs 2:6-7

For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding. He layeth up sound wisdom for the righteous: he is a buckler to them that walk uprightly.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by dafidixone(m): 3:16pm On Jan 26, 2008
Dedicated to All Muslims and every Unbeleivers in this Forum grin grin

"Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God."
- II Corinthians 5:20
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by pilgrim1(f): 3:23pm On Jan 28, 2008
Proverbs 1:5

A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by uf4oma(f): 8:01pm On Jan 28, 2008
Proverbs 21:30,NIV: There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan that can succeed against the Lord.
Romans 8: 31, KJV: What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
1Cor. 1:18, NIV: For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved, it is the power of God.
ICor.13:13, NAS: But now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? / Ukrainian Pastor Karen Zelfimein: 'God Is Sending Angels To Protect Us' / If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.