Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,483 members, 7,830,429 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

Your Favourite Bible Verse - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Your Favourite Bible Verse (17757 Views)

What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? / What Is Your Favourite Bible Verse. / What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by KAG: 12:00am On Jan 29, 2008
My favorite:

Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God and any that loves is born of God and knows God. He that does not love does not know God; for God is love.

I John 4: 7-8
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Pepeye(f): 9:53am On Feb 06, 2008
I PETER 1-23
Being Born Again not of Corruptible seed, but of Incorruptible, by the WORD of God, which liveth and abideth forever

JAMES 1-18
Of his own will begat he us with the WORD of truth, that we should be a kind of First fruit of His Creatures.
JOHN 1-3
Which were born not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God

1JOHN 5-11
And this is the record that God hath given to us Eternal life and THIS LIFE is in HIS Son.

1 JOHN 5-12
He that hath the Son hath Life; and he that not the Son of God hath not life

1JOHN 5-13
These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; That ye MAY KNOW that ye have Eternal Life may believe on the Name of the Son of God.

JONAH 2-8
They that observe lying vanities forsake their mercy
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by annamaria: 6:02pm On Feb 06, 2008
And thou shall love the Lord thy God with all thine heart and with all thy soul and with all thy might.
(somewhere in deut, 4:6 or 6:4)
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by stimulus(m): 6:52pm On Feb 06, 2008
Matthew 6:19 - 21

Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by freelance(m): 3:01pm On Mar 26, 2008
3 John 2

Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by kolaoloye(m): 3:12pm On Mar 26, 2008
MATTHEW 11:12

From the days of John the Baptist until now, the kingdom of heaven has been
forcefully advancing,and forceful men lay hold of it.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by freelance(m): 1:15pm On May 16, 2008
Isaiah 61:7

Instead of being ashamed, you will receive twice as much wealth. Instead of being disgraced, you will be happy because of what you receive. You will receive a double share of the land. So your happiness will continue forever.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by freelance(m): 1:17pm On May 16, 2008
Proverbs 10:22

It is the blessing of the LORD that makes rich, And He adds no sorrow to it.
wink
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by kolaoloye(m): 1:43pm On May 16, 2008
Exodus 14:13
And Moses said unto the people, Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD,
which he will shew to you to day: for the Egyptians whom ye have seen to day, ye shall see
them again no more for ever.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by elizabetta(f): 3:04pm On May 16, 2008
First john1:8-9,If we say we have no sin,we deceive ourselves,and the truth is not in us.
chapter 9,If we confess our sins,he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins,to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

And also,2John4:21-And this commandment have we from him,that he who loveth God love his brother also.

Heb10:31,It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Philippians 4:13,i can do all things through Christ which strenghtened me.
These are some of my favourite verses.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by freelance(m): 8:30pm On May 16, 2008
John 15:7

If ye abide in me and my sayings in you abide Whatsoever ye may be desiring ask! And it shall be brought to pass for you.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Nobody: 9:24pm On May 16, 2008
And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.

Matthew 11:12

He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.

1 john 3:8

And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

2 corinthians 12:9

But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

1 peter 5:10

Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel(jenny), saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.

Who art thou, O great mountain? before Zerubbabel(jenny) thou shalt become a plain: and he shall bring forth the headstone thereof with shoutings, crying, Grace, grace unto it.

zechariah 4:6-7

The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth him with his hand.”
Psalm 37:23-24
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Nobody: 10:11pm On May 16, 2008
Psalm 91

1He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

2I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

3Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.

4He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

5Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;

6Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.

7A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.

8Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.

9Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;

10There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

11For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

12They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.

13Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.

14Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.

15He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.

16With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by kolaoloye(m): 11:47am On May 19, 2008
Romans 14

7 For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself.

8 For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die,
we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by elizabetta(f): 2:39pm On May 19, 2008
Matt15:8-9,this poeple draweth nigh unto me with their mouth,and honoureth me with their lips;but their heart is far from me.
(9)But in vain they do worship me,teaching for doctrines the commandments of men

matt11:28,Come unto me,all ye that labour and are heavy laden,and i will give you rest.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by freelance(m): 3:17pm On May 19, 2008
John 15:7

If ye abide in me and my sayings in you abide Whatsoever ye may be desiring ask! And it shall be brought to pass for you.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by elizabetta(f): 3:29pm On May 19, 2008
Galatians5:10,As wevhave therefore opportunity,let us do good unto all men,especially unto them who are of the househld of faith.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by kolaoloye(m): 2:02pm On May 20, 2008
Hebrews 2:3
How shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation,which at first began
to be spoken by the Lord,and was confirmed to us by those who heard Him.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by dejiman1: 2:04pm On May 20, 2008
JOHN 3:16

For God so love the world that he gave his only begotten son that who so ever believe in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by joshjosh(m): 2:11pm On May 20, 2008
2 Chronicles 7:14 (New International Version)
if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

2 Chronicles 7:14 (The Message)

12-18 God appeared to Solomon that very night and said, "I accept your prayer; yes, I have chosen this place as a temple for sacrifice, a house of worship. I[i]f I ever shut off the supply of rain from the skies or order the locusts to eat the crops or send a plague on my people, and my people, my God-defined people, respond by humbling themselves, praying, seeking my presence, and turning their backs on their wicked lives, I'll be there ready for you: I'll listen from heaven, forgive their sins, and restore their land to health.[/i] From now on I'm alert day and night to the prayers offered at this place. Believe me, I've chosen and sanctified this Temple that you have built: My Name is stamped on it forever; my eyes are on it and my heart in it always. As for you, if you live in my presence as your father David lived, pure in heart and action, living the life I've set out for you, attentively obedient to my guidance and judgments, then I'll back your kingly rule over Israel—make it a sure thing on a sure foundation. The same covenant guarantee I gave to David your father I'm giving to you, namely, 'You can count on always having a descendant on Israel's throne.'
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by favcom(m): 12:06pm On May 21, 2008
My favourite quote:

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"

A sincere believe in this passage of scripture has the capacity to transform any life
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Aladunni(f): 12:20pm On May 21, 2008
"work while it is day, for the night come when no man shall work again"

night falls when you are no more relevant
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by kolaoloye(m): 12:28pm On May 21, 2008
Aladunni:

"work while it is day, for the night come when no man shall work again"

night falls when you are no more relevant

Sister,pls put the book and the verses for us.Thank you
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Aladunni(f): 12:33pm On May 21, 2008
kola oloye:

Sister,please put the book and the verses for us.Thank you

I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work. John 9:4

what i wrote is a paraphrase from moi, above is the way its written in the scriptures
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by kolaoloye(m): 3:49pm On May 21, 2008
Aladunni:

I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work. John 9:4

what i wrote is a paraphrase from moi, above is the way its written in the scriptures

Thank you very much.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Nobody: 5:56pm On May 21, 2008
Mine is Rev 19:4- Let ur rejoice and be glad and give honour to Him, for the marriage of the lamb is come and His wife hath made herself ready.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by sheniqua: 6:00pm On May 21, 2008
Rom 8:38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come,

Rom 8:39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by kolaoloye(m): 9:24am On May 22, 2008
Acts 2

38  Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ
for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39  For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the LORD our God shall call.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by syrup(f): 12:43pm On May 25, 2008
1 John 3:1 -- Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Cayon(f): 2:13am On May 27, 2008
Psalms 91
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Revive(f): 8:44am On May 27, 2008
Luke 10 : 19-20

"Listen! I have given you authority, so that you can walk on snakes and scorpions and overcome all the power of the Enemy, and nothing will hurt you. But don't be glad because the evil spirits obey you; rather be glad because your names are written in heaven."
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Revive(f): 8:51am On May 27, 2008
Mark 16: 17-18

"Believers will be given the power to perform miracles: they will drive out demons in my name; they will speak in strange tongues; if they pick up snakes or drink any poison, they will not be harmed; they will place their hands on sick people and these will get well."

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Is It A Sin If I Spend My Tithe For This Month And Pay Back The Next Month? / Pastor Refused To Dedicate Man's Restaurant For Selling Alcohol / Life In The Occult World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.