Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,138 members, 7,811,200 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:27 AM

Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad - Gaming (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad (15898 Views)

Sony Playstation Network Has Been Hacked Finally! / Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains / How To Convert Video And Transfer It To Sony Psp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by kkokoma: 4:43pm On Sep 08, 2009
Who the hell is this Mr. Sony, where does he get off talking about us like this. Does anyone knows where he lives?. I think we should sic MEND on him! angry angry angry
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by Kobojunkie: 4:47pm On Sep 08, 2009
Yes!!! Send another one of our many IMAGE DESTROYERS to go fight SONY for speaking out against Nigerian internet Scammers!!!! Roflmao!!!! Aren't we a delightful bunch in that country? grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by cripnip(m): 4:54pm On Sep 08, 2009
until we fit make our own game consoles, we'll just bear it

other nations kept quiet until they got independent food, power, nuclear and tech stuff

but the time to be free is still far as yahooze still top charts and uni students can't figure out the psp
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by vanitty: 5:00pm On Sep 08, 2009
kkokoma:

Who the hell is this Mr. Sony, where does he get off talking about us like this. Does anyone knows where he lives?. I think we should sic MEND on him! angry angry angry

LMAO. That would help matters a lot!
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by 3kay945(m): 5:10pm On Sep 08, 2009
let call a spade a spade., truth can be told in any form, stop pretending!, many 9jarian re 419 and spammers, let turn a new leaf, mr inspiragh, am right behind u.
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by saintade01(m): 5:30pm On Sep 08, 2009
So SONY is justified, abi?
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by koolchicco: 5:31pm On Sep 08, 2009
3kay945:

let call a spade a spade., truth can be told in any form, stop pretending!,  many 9jarian re 419 and spammers,  let turn a new leaf,  mr inspiragh, am right behind u.

So where are you from?. . Mother keke! smiley
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by german007(m): 5:33pm On Sep 08, 2009
LIKE I SAID EARLIER

Lets all be realistic.

Yea sony was wrong for the derogatory advert. But at the end of the day our goverment instead of wasting their energy reacting, they should instead focus on rebranding themselves and fixing this country. How can we call our selves Giant of Africa and some of us dont even have one full day of electricity a week, even our national airports experience power cuts and we have brown water coming out of our taps, and have a high percentage of unemployed graduates?.

Instead the nation's money is being embezzled by greedy politicians and goverment officials with their potbellies growing bigger, with houses all over the world, foreign accounts, you name it.

Dora Akinluyi and all other top goverment officials should rebrand them selves before talking about rebranding nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by 3kay945(m): 5:48pm On Sep 08, 2009
whoever think am wrong is on a long thing, cos am rite behnd SONY for the ad, i always adore the bitterness of TRUTH. grin
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by german007(m): 5:52pm On Sep 08, 2009
@3kay945.

For real
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by 3kay945(m): 5:54pm On Sep 08, 2009
mr koolchic,, i am 9ja by birth.,but my attitud is dat of d HEAVEN!
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by 3kay945(m): 5:59pm On Sep 08, 2009
i wont be patriotic and loss HEAVEN,, u too ve 2 consider dat, sign+out,grin
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by Primegold: 6:39pm On Sep 08, 2009
Hi All,

I have followed with keen interest the various points of view expressed here about the Sony Playstation Ad.
There's merit in most posts here about the advert. However we should not loose sight of the following facts:

1. The advert committed a serious breach by referring to every Nigerian Millionaire as a scammer! Now that clearly is false. While there are alot of millionaires in Nigeria whose source of wealth is dubious, there are also a thousand and one who are doing very legit business and can stand tall anywhere in the world because of their integrity. The late Gani is perfect example. Chinua Achebe, Wole Soyinka, etc are living testimonies.

2. In Nigeria today, part of our problem is that we have become so pauperised that people now worship wealth not minding how it is acquired. How else do you describe situation where our musicians(are they really musicians?) glorify scam with songs like Yahoozie, Maga don Pay, I go Chop your $, etc ? Fraudsters are given chieftancy titles, sit in front row at churches and mosques, are (s)elected into public offices/Govt, etc.
When we allow situations like these to persist we create the impression that corruption is ok.

3. How have we treated those caught in the acts of corruption? Painfully, we tribalise it. He's being persecuted because he's from the wrong tribe!!! Rather than us rising together to condemn corruption and hold Govt officials accountable to the people, we become ethnic champions even for criminals stealing our commonwealth!

4. Is scam in particular and corruption in general peculiar to Nigeria? The answer is a big NO! Recall the US state Governor (Illinois, Obama's home state who was caught while attempting to sell the senate seat Obama vacated) remember Madoff, ENRON corporation, etc Same in UK, and elsewhere including Japan. The difference is the degree of abhortion the society expresses and the CORRECTIVE ACTIONS taken. As a people we still lag behind in these aspects.

Lets take the SONY advert as a clarion call for us as a nation to wake up and sanitise our society. We must make it unattractive for criminals. We must make our leaders to become accountable to us the people. We must show that the Ganis' the Achebes' the Soyinkas' the Aminu Kanos' are not rare in our midst.

Finally, SONY as a global corporation failed in Advertising ethics with that advert. You do not generalise about a Nation the way they did. Do we now say every Nigerian is a great footballer because of Okocha/Kanu?
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by GeorgeD1(m): 6:42pm On Sep 08, 2009
sony has made a terrible mess this time! angry
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by lawrence83: 6:45pm On Sep 08, 2009
3kay945:

mr koolchic,, i am 9ja by birth.,but my attitud is dat of d HEAVEN!
and that is gud to the eye ryt? go and stay in heaven now and leave our country for us
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by iice(f): 6:46pm On Sep 08, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Yes!!! Send another one of our many IMAGE DESTROYERS to go fight SONY for speaking out against Nigerian internet Scammers!!!! Roflmao!!!!    Aren't we a delightful bunch in that country? grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

Rofl grin grin
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by lawrence83: 6:52pm On Sep 08, 2009
if sony likes, let them spend all their money on ads about nigerians and nigeria, the scammers dont care! they will still go on and scam the stupid whities,

and akinyuli? keep ranting! are u not part of the fraud? nonsense woman. madam rebranding keep remranding, the non-rebrandable.
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by lawrence83: 6:53pm On Sep 08, 2009
if sony likes, let them spend all their money on ads about nigerians and nigeria, the scammers dont care! they will still go on and scam the stupid whities,

and akinyuli? keep ranting! are u not part of the fraud? nonsense woman. madam rebranding keep rebranding, the non-rebrandable.
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by finemocha(f): 6:53pm On Sep 08, 2009
i saw the commercial, it was hilarious, until i realized they were making fun of nigeria.  needless to say the americans beside me kept on laughing and didnt really care.
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by sley4life(m): 6:55pm On Sep 08, 2009
over reliance of foreign things. Why not we develop our country first
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by halfcurren: 7:01pm On Sep 08, 2009
This issue was earlier posted in another (wrong) section - see link below; very unprofessional for Sony to do such a derogatory AD.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-319930.0.html
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by stagger: 7:08pm On Sep 08, 2009
I AM SO SICKENED THAT NO ONE TALKS ABOUT PEOPLE LIKE BERNIE MADOFF! OR KENNETH LAY. OR JEFF SKILLING.

Or the Worldcom guy (what's his name again)?

We all know that a lot of substandard goods are made in China. WHy did they not direct ads negatively profiling China? They know very well that if they try it, China will blow them off the world map with their nuclear weapons.

Or let them try negatively profiling radical Islam and see what would happen. Sony's executives would be lucky not to have a Fatwa placed on them.

They just pick on countries like ours who can't do much but give slaps on the wrist. A big shame!

Sony should go and burn in hell. I am done buying their products! angry
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by GeorgeD1(m): 7:21pm On Sep 08, 2009
yeah, exactly! why not china?! angry
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by BlackRevo: 7:23pm On Sep 08, 2009
First it was district 9 http://www.district9movie.com/  the next was Nigerian millionaire.

What is next sony?  angry
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by GeorgeD1(m): 7:25pm On Sep 08, 2009
if we all should unite and boycott their goods, they will learn never to toy with
nigerians again! sad
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by Nobody: 7:38pm On Sep 08, 2009
All these people just dey cry for truth we Sony dey talk. Truth e bitter well well.
How many millionaire promising emails do I get that are NOT from Nigeria. NONE.
The ad is funny and tongue in cheek.

Ye ye govt no go fight the tin from the source, na to
Cry, Cry, Cry, then tomorrow go dance to Yahoozee and Maga don pay.

by the way
PS3, it only does Everything.
Now $299.

Me I don get my own.
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by ofokasibe: 7:39pm On Sep 08, 2009
[size=14pt]what nonsense are u people talking about??
whatever sony said about nigeria is true , what kind of irresponsible govt cannot provide light for its people while they light up their aso rock rooms 24-7 with generator,,,,what idiotic govt cannot provide good jobs for willing graduates until they turn to criminals and militants to eat their daily bread,
i know how many months i walked about in pains in kaduna  streets looking for job with my second class upper. nonsense and ingredients government

dora no make me vex o. because i like u as a person , but ur govt is disgracingly irresponsible , period. the naija govt is a disgrace worldwide. sony pls do more advert to insult and disrespect them , maybe that way shame go dey catch them  small small,, nonsense and useless government wey no fit provide light and jobs! pls bring sony playstation 4 i will buy 5 consoles ! nonsense [/size]
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by Purist(m): 7:46pm On Sep 08, 2009
stagger:

I AM SO SICKENED THAT NO ONE TALKS ABOUT PEOPLE LIKE BERNIE MADOFF! OR KENNETH LAY. OR JEFF SKILLING.

Or the Worldcom guy (what's his name again)?

As someone rightly pointed out earlier, there are fraudsters in every country. . . only that their number, the rate at which they work, and how often they're persecuted greatly differs from our beloved Nigeria, and you can't deny that . . .  can you?

stagger:

We all know that a lot of substandard goods are made in China. WHy did they not direct ads negatively profiling China? They know very well that if they try it, China will blow them off the world map with their nuclear weapons.

Oh, I didn't realise Sony has now become a geographical entity. grin

stagger:

Sony should go and burn in hell. I am done buying their products! angry

Then what? . . . Sony is going to pack up?  Funny fella.  cheesy
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by 3kay945(m): 7:55pm On Sep 08, 2009
u want 2 ignore china product?, grin remembr dat majority of 9ja re enjoyn their product despite d low quality, is it drugs, electronic(baba), wears, etc, the cheap prize make 9jarian going dey cant avoid the original. if u like DONT BUY CHINCO, many re dyn to buy,
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by GeorgeD1(m): 8:04pm On Sep 08, 2009
ok. shameless man. go buy the ps3 bacuase na $299. it's people like you
that makes sony to continue insulting us! angry
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by 3kay945(m): 8:16pm On Sep 08, 2009
do u think everyone here use laptop or computer to post?, many cnt avoid it, nd those dat ve couldnt get connectd because of high subscritn rate., thank to china made phone, it does what ur laptop can do on NL atleast most, without kobo, it all depend on how brillant u re, i no beg u 2read my post o o tongue
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by Nobody: 8:23pm On Sep 08, 2009
"You can't believe everything you read on the internet, otherwise I'll be a Nigerian millionaire by now".

That my friend in English,  is not an insult to me.
Do you want me to do a phrase by phrase interpretation for you?
stagger:

And we all know that Sony's PS3 is made in China, what else??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Help Installing Pes 17 / Different Types Of People You Meet In An Online Video Game / FIFA 19 PC Black Pitch issue...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.