Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,738 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems - Satellite TV Technology (71) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems (271725 Views)

Am Jjc And Newbie Help Me / Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Newbie from Uganda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (95) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by wasman01(m): 7:56pm On Dec 22, 2013
Seaman2010: Please, what is the TP to track SES 5 And Eutelsat 7A at 7 degrees East. Which is a better Satellite in terms of Sports and Movies?
both show live matches but their movies is not english i will advice u to get 1.8m so dat u can marge like 5 sat on it. Wit dat u will enjoy unlimited movies and best of sports
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by ganex: 3:27am On Dec 23, 2013
wasman01: both show live matches but their movies is not english i will advice u to get 1.8m so dat u can marge like 5 sat on it. Wit dat u will enjoy unlimited movies and best of sports
pls direction on hw to attach ses 5, Amos 5 to arabsat 5c. had gotten 36e and 28e.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by mtuko2(m): 1:28pm On Dec 23, 2013
Ogojohn: Decided to track W3a and on the process had sirius4 as a bargain. The Kenya package there is a plus.
I am really enjoying that bouquet. looks more like ZING package. It is with a single LNB on a one meter dish
Kenyan package what is the frequency
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Odunharry(m): 10:13am On Dec 24, 2013
satmaniac:
@odunharry, you re welcum,nt in Lagos.
Saw your PM about three days ago,I ve been trying 2 rply it, but it seem recently I ve been having issues with my yahoomail.
You could drop your number here,I will call back.
Ciao!
07064745029..tanx bro
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by esosuo: 6:28pm On Dec 24, 2013
hello pals I hav tryd 2 install d dish but na only many church stations dey show for ku-intersat and eutelsat 36A,36 all stations saying scrambled channel even wen dey is sim card on d Q-sat decoder pls any one with idea on QSat insalation.I need ur help .
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Nobody: 9:40pm On Dec 24, 2013
My pple i greet una!
I get problem with my dstv decoder wey i buy during tradefair for lag!
I just installed it today!
At first d tin scanned and showed about 389 or xo channels!
But d guy installing it used a myspace decoder to check d signal strenth which was around 60
den went to d dish to adjust it to 88...after d signal strength was adjust to 88 on d myspace decoder....d dstv decoder was reconnected back to d lnb but it scanned for about 5 minutes or more but notin came out only a message saying ''NO SIGNAL'' telling us to check d lnb! After several scans no result came out!
D guy later connect his myspace decoder to d lnb nd its was okay some stations even played!
Please i want u guys to give me solutions on d matter ASAP!
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by wasman01(m): 6:39am On Dec 25, 2013
Skyda_D_Great: My pple i greet una!
I get problem with my dstv decoder wey i buy during tradefair for lag!
I just installed it today!
At first d tin scanned and showed about 389 or xo channels!
But d guy installing it used a myspace decoder to check d signal strenth which was around 60
den went to d dish to adjust it to 88...after d signal strength was adjust to 88 on d myspace decoder....d dstv decoder was reconnected back to d lnb but it scanned for about 5 minutes or more but notin came out only a message saying ''NO SIGNAL'' telling us to check d lnb! After several scans no result came out!
D guy later connect his myspace decoder to d lnb nd its was okay some stations even played!
Please i want u guys to give me solutions on d matter ASAP!
try to change d polirization turn d LNB
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Nobody: 7:07am On Dec 25, 2013
wasman01: try to change d polirization turn d LNB
tanks! I will try nd do dat
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by olenyi: 8:41am On Dec 25, 2013
wasman01: try to change d polirization turn d LNB

That is; he should reconnect the strong decoder and change his polarization and then turn the lnb in such a way the cable connector side is positioned horizontally or near that.

You could equally do it without waiting for the installer.

Regards.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by amingimba(m): 4:44pm On Dec 25, 2013
can some 1 help me wit trend reciver remote pls,it ugent i knw is old but just help me out.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Nobody: 7:22pm On Dec 25, 2013
olenyi:

That is; he should reconnect the strong decoder and change his polarization and then turn the lnb in such a way the cable connector side is positioned horizontally or near that.

Regards.
thanks man! I will do dat wen my old people are not around! Cos dey will start saying ''i am doing oversabi''
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by olenyi: 12:02pm On Dec 26, 2013
Skyda_D_Great:
thanks man! I will do dat wen my old people are not around! Cos dey will start saying ''i am doing oversabi''

Lol. I know that feeling. wink

Regards.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Nobody: 1:01pm On Dec 26, 2013
olenyi:

Regards.
bros i don do as u talk! D tin scanned nd showed about 321 stations! About 77 radio stations
wen i later change the station to dish it showed well and was playing fine
Then i tried other stations it showed
E107-4 YOUR DECODER ND SMARTCARD IS CURRENTLY NOT PAIRED.A DECODER AND SMARTCARD MAY ONLY be paired once e.t.c
xo wetin i go do next?
Though i av not yet subsrcibed
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by dogmaticp(m): 5:41pm On Dec 26, 2013
I have successfully done my dual LNB installation for MultiTv and Dstv. Is it possible to add 1 separate LNB for AIT to dis already done set-up ?
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by olenyi: 7:57pm On Dec 26, 2013
Skyda_D_Great:
bros i don do as u talk! D tin scanned nd showed about 321 stations! About 77 radio stations
wen i later change the station to dish it showed well and was playing fine
Then i tried other stations it showed
E107-4 YOUR DECODER ND SMARTCARD IS CURRENTLY NOT PAIRED.A DECODER AND SMARTCARD MAY ONLY be paired once e.t.c
xo wetin i go do next?
Though i av not yet subsrcibed

Have all your Dstv account details ready; name on receipt, address on recept, date of birth, etc and call customer care on 08039043788; 08039003788. Or the number on your screen if you press menu on the remote and select ''information central''.

They'll pair it for you. I believe your one month free viewing is still in effect.

Regards.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by olenyi: 8:00pm On Dec 26, 2013
dogmatic_p: I have successfully done my dual LNB installation for MultiTv and Dstv. Is it possible to add 1 separate LNB for AIT to dis already done set-up ?

Yeah.

Get the extra lnb. Remove the dual view and use the single to track Amos 5 first. Then place the dual view on top for you multi tv first then Dstv uppermost. Use below pixo for guidance.

Regards.

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by dogmaticp(m): 10:05pm On Dec 26, 2013
olenyi:

Yeah.

Get the extra lnb. Remove the dual view and use the single to track Amos 5 first. Then place the dual view on top for you multi tv first then Dstv uppermost. Use below pixo for guidance.

Regards.
Thanks, I will appreciate. U're great! I will try to get a 90cm dish and then try it.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Nobody: 10:57am On Dec 27, 2013
olenyi:

Have all your Dstv account details ready; name on receipt, address on recept, date of birth, etc and call customer care on 08039043788; 08039003788. Or the number on your screen if you press menu on the remote and select ''information central''.

They'll pair it for you. I believe your one month free viewing is still in effect.

Regards.
tanks man! Everytin sorted out!
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by gowaga68: 4:41pm On Dec 28, 2013
I want to learn much about Installation any info on whom to learn from ?? Am base in Lagos.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by olenyi: 6:09pm On Dec 28, 2013
gowaga68: I want to learn much about Installation any info on whom to learn from ?? Am base in Lagos.

https://www.nairaland.com/332428/nairaland-fta-reference-library

https://www.nairaland.com/1337636/pls-me-installation-settings-position

1 Like

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by pek(m): 3:08am On Dec 29, 2013
dear gurus, I have multi tv and dstv connected to diseqc switch. I have two decoders which I want to be independent. I want to connect the the tv to room so that one cam watch separate channel. the problem is this : the two decoders have lnb loop out. if I loop out from the q decoder, only the dstv will show on the other decoder. if I loop from the multi tv decoder, only multi tv will show on the q decoder. please, what should I do?
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by lixotos(m): 1:15pm On Dec 29, 2013
Hello, please my jsc +6 to +10 no longer work though its showing put no picture and some new frequencies are displaced on screen of which i tried but is not picking anz signal. Pls sir, how can u hlep me? Thanks, lixotos.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Kosemanik: 2:02pm On Dec 30, 2013
Pls guru in d house, i have decoder with no rf dat can make it suply 2or more tv pls hw can i do it and what and what am i needed if posible pic of dos materials
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by olenyi: 2:25am On Dec 31, 2013
Kosemanik: Pls guru in d house, i have decoder with no rf dat can make it suply 2or more tv pls hw can i do it and what and what am i needed if posible pic of dos materials

olenyi: Go to the market and get one female iron tv plug, 7 iron male tv plugs, 16 f connectors, two 4 ways eurostar splitter (or one eight way splitter if you can get one), one alcad av to RF converter signal amplifier (#8000), two packs of tower plastic clips, and one or two rolls of coaxial cable.

Now connect one f connector to one end of your cable. Screw on the female tv plug and plug to your alcad converter. Connect your av wires to the rx and the other end to the appropriate ports on the converter.

Now run your cable accordingly using the spliter to split the signal coming from the converter to the different tv's.

When you are done laying your cable, plug in/on your alcad converter and viola, you are done.

Alternatively, look for any old video cassette player with channel settings or some dvd players with ''RF in'' and ''RF out'' ports. Just plug your av wire coming from your receiver video and audio out ports to the video cassette player av in port. Then connect your cable with the f connector and the female tv plug to the ''RF out'' port at the back and you are good to go.

Regards.

The best (#8000)

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1007637_DSC02473_JPG2241d18ccd90114be8a076ce872cedd4

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1007636_DSC02472_JPG57aebfdcc4691618ae3deee63f8cb560

The less costly alternative (#400)

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1372473_tv_tr2_jpgece51cc6fb58e7f99fa525dd230f9f25

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1372472_tv_tr_jpg9bd0f414accbc7667373e5b07610fdd0

https://www.nairaland.com/712408/free-air-satellite-tv-general/459#18484851

1 Like

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by freshp(m): 1:03pm On Dec 31, 2013
@Olenyi
No one could have done better...thank you for this... Thumbs up to you.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by olenyi: 9:57am On Jan 01, 2014
freshp: @Olenyi
No one could have done better...thank you for this... Thumbs up to you.

wink

@freshp.
Thanks a lot. Do have an awesome new year celebration.

Regards.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by demadem: 2:51am On Jan 03, 2014
please help me add a new satellite Eshail 1 or Eutelsat 25B in the list of satellites so that i can search beIN sports channels.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by donmatin(m): 5:46pm On Jan 03, 2014
please can i get ur email?i wanna trap amos 5 or ses5 using dstv dish 90cm and strong decoder Srt4922A.
olenyi:

wink

@freshp.
Thanks a lot. Do have an awesome new year celebration.

Regards.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by paeffiong(m): 9:39am On Jan 04, 2014
Pls gurus, an interested in tracking the
following : ss10 and all sshd sports channels. Can
someone kindly post the frequencies for me
here. Thanks
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Emmaculate20(m): 5:00pm On Jan 04, 2014
paeffiong: Pls gurus, an interested in tracking the
following : ss10 and all sshd sports channels. Can
someone kindly post the frequencies for me
here. Thanks
Some1 has already reply u.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by olenyi: 2:03am On Jan 05, 2014
donmatin: please can i get ur email?i wanna trap amos 5 or ses5 using dstv dish 90cm and strong decoder Srt4922A.

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by jman77(m): 1:45pm On Jan 06, 2014
@olenyi, please i heard something about either IPAC or EPAC sat/frequency but dont know much about it.can you please expanciate?.thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (95) (Reply)

Free to Air codes / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) / Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.