Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,183 members, 7,822,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems - Satellite TV Technology (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems (271735 Views)

Am Jjc And Newbie Help Me / Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Newbie from Uganda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (95) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:42am On Jan 07, 2014
hello gentlemen

[size=18pt]
PLS I NEED HELP WITH BUYING A HH MOTOR [/size]

i need pointers or directions on how to get it here in lagos. if you have an idea of prices pls also assist.

thanks
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by microgiant: 4:02pm On Jan 07, 2014
4llerbuntu: hello gentlemen
[size=18pt]
PLS I NEED HELP WITH BUYING A HH MOTOR [/size]
i need pointers or directions on how to get it here in lagos. if you have an idea of prices pls also assist.
thanks

I purchased mine online. You should purchase one with low latitude setting. e.g. from 0deg otherwise you are on a long thing.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:58pm On Jan 07, 2014
microgiant:

I purchased mine online. You should purchase one with low latitude setting. e.g. from 0deg otherwise you are on a long thing.

thanks bro.

chai na wah o. from alibaba shey?

I checked. the shipping costs more than the device sef and there's no way of knowing if its a low latitude one like u said....

sigh
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by seyizma(m): 7:22pm On Jan 07, 2014
Hi guys, I just got mytv today with strong 4663x decoder. Please I'd like to know the steps to track satellite like Amos 5

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by seyizma(m): 7:22pm On Jan 07, 2014
Hi guys, I just got mytv today with strong 4663x decoder. Please I'd like to know the steps to track satellite like Amos 5

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Yahoo1(m): 11:30am On Jan 08, 2014
Pls...though my signal intensity is 61%+ and the signal quality is 96% ...sometimes the channels keep cracking ...pls what do i do? ...i'm using a Metro-digital cable.

Thanks
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Muyiwabiggy(m): 11:23pm On Jan 08, 2014
olenyi:

That is; he should reconnect the strong decoder and change his polarization and then turn the lnb in such a way the cable connector side is positioned horizontally or near that.

You could equally do it without waiting for the installer.

@olenyi I just bought a Dstv decoder and dish but I want to use it for FTA, Pls how can u do that and what do I need to buy, and how do u go about it. Thanks in anticipation

Regards.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by jman77(m): 7:58am On Jan 09, 2014
good morning all,please anybody with useful info on how to track the nicest c-band with 90cm dish.give sat,tp .GOD bless.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by iykmora(m): 12:17am On Jan 11, 2014
seyizma: Hi guys, I just got mytv today with strong 4663x decoder. Please I'd like to know the steps to track satellite like Amos 5
Thanks in anticipation.
4663x as in why? Since u're just buyin d rx now, u shoulda gone for an mpeg4 at d least.
Yahoo1: Pls...though my signal intensity is 61%+ and the signal quality is 96% ...sometimes the channels keep cracking ...pls what do i do? ...i'm using a Metro-digital cable.
Thanks
try and improve d signal strength(intensity) by doin some minor adjustment of ur dish/lnb skew.

1 Like

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jul 04, 2014
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by pofolo(m): 11:55pm On Jul 04, 2014
decode: HOW MUCH DOES A 2.4M FIBEr DISH COST?
.depend on your location, it shouldn't be less than 65k. Next time, post in the FTA- market thread. One love !
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by graphicicon(m): 7:47am On Jul 08, 2014
[color=#990000][/color]Pls house anybody with info where i can get this very handheld sat finder model number KPT-968G in Abuja should let me know and also call me on 08069338224. this is the picture of the sat meter below

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by supershina: 1:03pm On Jul 09, 2014
pls I need help on how to renew my avatar I have 007fta dongle it no work again pls help me o.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Mackie1(m): 6:45pm On Jul 09, 2014
please which channels are on west... using an mpeg2 decoder with motorized dish
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by adedayor08(m): 10:00am On Jul 10, 2014
s please I av an old 4meter fiber dish I wanna sell at a very cheap rate around okokomaiko Lagos .contact 08029630094/07061919957 if interested
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by RipVanWink: 5:18pm On Jul 10, 2014
my dstv has lost connection to the dish/lnb twice in 1 wk now, called the tech n he fiddled with the ddish n it starte working, now its happene again, can some1 tell me where/wht to adjust to get the connection bck,,,,, to get the decoder to scan againa
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by dmangodwin(m): 5:45pm On Jul 16, 2014
gurus in the house. pls how do i input c band frequency on my decoder.it kept replying incorrect value.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by nnoduobim: 12:11pm On Jul 19, 2014
Pls I need 4.5m dish in abuja ASAPASAP. Nnodu
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Gabrieldon(m): 8:20pm On Jul 26, 2014
pls gurus and masters in d room,i just relocated to Akwa-ibom here in UYO,i need a guidline on hw to connect with FTA channels in UYO (FAAJI),(JOYTV).and d rest,its not simple to get here in uyo,pls help me out.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by SULIEMAN3(m): 10:22pm On Jul 27, 2014
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by SULIEMAN3(m): 10:26pm On Jul 27, 2014
Gabrieldon: pls gurus and masters in d room,i just relocated to Akwa-ibom here in UYO,i need a guidline on hw to connect with FTA channels in UYO (FAAJI),(JOYTV).and d rest,its not simple to get here in uyo,pls help me out.
Go through this below page thoroughly and you should be good.
https://www.nairaland.com/1337636/pls-me-installation-settings-position
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Janyves(m): 10:28pm On Jul 29, 2014
hello esteemed tech geeks
my name is Temitope i'm a latent radio and satellite enthusiast....... recently i bought a 60cm dish with one lnb for a start. But i read about the 2 in 1 lnb, so next time i go to Alaba, i will get it. these are my questions......
1-- can the 60cm dish track 3 sats?
2-- if i use one lnb to track dstv, which other efficient satellites are available to track with the other?
3-- will the dstv signal be off subscription( free)?
This has been my dream since childhood, but due to some financial and technical constraints...... i had to start now ( during NYSC year) undecided. SMILES. smiley
Thanks in anticipation.
Regards
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by SULIEMAN3(m): 7:34am On Jul 30, 2014
Janyves: hello esteemed tech geeks
my name is Temitope i'm a latent radio and satellite enthusiast....... recently i bought a 60cm dish with one lnb for a start. But i read about the 2 in 1 lnb, so next time i go to Alaba, i will get it. these are my questions......
1-- can the 60cm dish track 3 sats?
2-- if i use one lnb to track dstv, which other efficient satellites are available to track with the other?
3-- will the dstv signal be off subscription( free)?
This has been my dream since childhood, but due to some financial and technical constraints...... i had to start now ( during NYSC year) undecided. SMILES. smiley
Thanks in anticipation.
Regards
1. On 60cm dish, you are limited to two satellites at a time.
2.if you use one lnb to track dstv, use another lnb for joy tv(multi tv).
3. You ought to subscribe to fully enjoy dstv.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Rotimiseyi(m): 9:59am On Jul 30, 2014
SULIEMAN3: 1. On 60cm dish, you are limited to two satellites at a time.
2.if you use one lnb to track dstv, use another lnb for joy tv(multi tv).
3. You ought to subscribe to fully enjoy dstv.
can one track multi tv and amos 5 wit d dual lnb
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by SULIEMAN3(m): 1:56pm On Jul 30, 2014
Rotimiseyi:
can one track multi tv and amos 5 wit d dual lnb
You can manually add lnb to the primary one. There is no dual lnb design for both. The dual lnb on the market is for Dstv and Multi tv.
Kind regard.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Rotimiseyi(m): 7:55pm On Jul 30, 2014
SULIEMAN3: You can manually add lnb to the primary one. There is no dual lnb design for both. The dual lnb on the market is for Dstv and Multi tv.
Kind regard.
thanks am gr8ful
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by agitator: 10:52am On Jul 31, 2014
SULIEMAN3: You can manually add lnb to the primary one. There is no dual lnb design for both. The dual lnb on the market is for Dstv and Multi tv.
Kind regard.

Stop misleading the guy. The Discovery LNB can be used to track Amos5 and MultiTV or MultiTV and DSTV.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Rotimiseyi(m): 1:28pm On Jul 31, 2014
agitator:

Stop misleading the guy. The Discovery LNB can be used to track Amos5 and MultiTV or MultiTV and DSTV.
pls expanciate. Hope u kno dat d dual lnb has been parmanently made. Pls put me 2ru cos i wana get one
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by agitator: 1:38pm On Jul 31, 2014
Rotimiseyi:
pls expanciate. Hope u kno dat d dual lnb has been parmanently made. Pls put me 2ru cos i wana get one

https://www.nairaland.com/1450408/multi-lnbf-2-1-lnb
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Rotimiseyi(m): 4:12pm On Jul 31, 2014
agitator:

https://www.nairaland.com/1450408/multi-lnbf-2-1-lnb
Thx guy. Pls how much is d multi lnb and wia can i get in kwara state if u kno
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Rotimiseyi(m): 4:14pm On Jul 31, 2014
Pls how much is multi lnb and wia can i get it in kwara state.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by SULIEMAN3(m): 8:23pm On Jul 31, 2014
agitator:

Wrong approach of you.
Since the Lnb was discovered, i have not personally handled it to know how long it can be adjusted(thereby enabling it to track both Amos5 and Multi tv) . Most dealers here don't buy it and so i don't bother so much of getting it. I manually add it below the dstv to receive Multi tv.
@agitator, take note.

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (95) (Reply)

Free to Air codes / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) / Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.