Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems - Satellite TV Technology (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems (271481 Views)

Am Jjc And Newbie Help Me / Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Newbie from Uganda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (95) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Riodiao(m): 4:26pm On Jun 22, 2010
Hi everyone , pls i need your advice on dis. Iv bin going through d various threads and am kinda confused. I want to be part of fta. I stay in port harcourt. I want to buy a decoder and lnb. Iv got 10,000 naira 4 dat excluding d dish. Pls wat kind of decoder do i buy with lnb and wat size of dish is recomended(preferably 1.8m dish). What r d channels do i stand to recieve(movies & football stations) in ph. What r d advantages and downside.
I would b very grateful if some1 can spell them out. Thanx guys coz your doing a great job here. My mail add is riodiao@yahoo.com
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by ItGeek(m): 5:36pm On Jun 22, 2010
hi guys i appreciate this thread and its been an eyeopener. i believe from now on i won't be ripped off by these fta installation guys. i live in jos,i have a strong decoder and a 1.8m dish with 2 lnb's for nilesat and eutelsat w3, recently the signal for CNN and someother channels have been poor. the guy who installed said its as a result of the rainy season. I also have a 60cm dish on eutelsat w4.

its there anyway of restoring CNN and others.
what other FTA satellites can i access from my location.

thanks guyz
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Adeexy: 10:21am On Jun 23, 2010
Riodiao:

Hi everyone , pls i need your advice on dis. Iv bin going through d various threads and am kinda confused. I want to be part of fta. I stay in port harcourt. I want to buy a decoder and lnb. Iv got 10,000 naira 4 dat excluding d dish. Pls wat kind of decoder do i buy with lnb and wat size of dish is recomended(preferably 1.8m dish). What r d channels do i stand to recieve(movies & football stations) in ph. What r d advantages and downside.
I would b very grateful if some1 can spell them out. Thanx guys coz your doing a great job here. My mail add is riodiao@yahoo.com
@ Riodiao

Strong receiver is your best bet and for d dish if u can't afford 2.4m den should consider a motorized 1.8m setup with dat u'll sure get what u looking for.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by chris7272: 11:06am On Jun 23, 2010
Enitan2002, Riodaio,freshp.

Anyway my question is for u you to state the direction my dish must face in order to track sirus4,w3a, w4/7,nss7,and other intelsats7/10 with Hitv decoder,dish and lnb. using DSTV direction as reference point,as I am a newbies in this forum .

It will be highly apprciated if u can help as I am not that literate on if guided of reference point.

since you believe in do it yourself that is the reason of contacting you.
Thanks again.

PS: Please don't get angry. I know say u don answer the question tire for the oda side.
cheers.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by freshp(m): 2:58pm On Jun 23, 2010
@Chris,
i want to assume that you have a 60cm, or 90cm  dish.

for all of the above [Sirius 4,w3a, w4/7,nss7 and intelsats7/10] Using DSTV (which is already w4/w7) position as reference, your dish should face the east.

You will need to go up (for w3a)Almost facing the sky and your LNB should be scewed at 9'o clock.Use this frequency(10976 V 3333).when it his green, tweak the LNB so that you have a 98% quality,then BLIND SCAN YOUR RECEIVER.ALL OTHER CHANNELS WILL COME UP.
Sirius is almost near w3a In fact the gurus advice that you nail Sirius first then come down a little to nail w3a. to nail Sirius you will need to use this frequency(12605 V 29950).
once you hit green on your decoder blind scan and other channels will come up.As said before make sure that you have a high signal quality,98% and above.

For Intelsat 7/10 it is much lower than the w3a and the others. from the DSTV position you will need to bring your dish  down using this freq(12562 H 26657) untill you hit green on your decoder.

I hope this helps you.
1 love and all the best

N.B
I don't have a High TV decoder so i wont be able to help on the step by step instructions.perhaps someone here will hell help you on that.
Peace.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Riodiao(m): 7:02am On Jun 24, 2010
@adeexy. Thanks man. I think i'll go 4 d motorised 1.8m dish. How much does it cost and what kind of channels can i get in ph coz am told they r nt much compared to when ur in d north
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Adeexy: 9:49am On Jun 24, 2010
Riodiao:

@adeexy. Thanks man. I think i'll go 4 d motorised 1.8m dish. How much does it cost and what kind of channels can i get in ph coz am told they r nt much compared to when your in d north
@ Riodiao
Well in Lagos here new Jack and positioner goes for around 5-6k while 1.8m dish goes for 8-10k (depending pole or ground mount) I 'll advise u go for d pole mount or get a welder to fabricate a neck for ground mount.

U will get intelsat 7/10, Intelsat 906, NSS 12, Ew3, Ew4/7, Astra 2B, EW 6, Sirius 4, Nss7 Ku/c band
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Riodiao(m): 1:46pm On Jun 24, 2010
Adeexy:

@ Riodiao
Well in Lagos here new Jack and positioner goes for around 5-6k while 1.8m dish goes for 8-10k (depending pole or ground mount) I 'll advise u go for d pole mount or get a welder to fabricate a neck for ground mount.

U will get intelsat 7/10, Intelsat 906, NSS 12, Ew3, Ew4/7, Astra 2B, EW 6, Sirius 4, Nss7 Ku/c band
ok. Pls where can see d list of channels on dis bands
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by chris7272: 2:04pm On Jun 24, 2010
Freshp,
thank you for your information all what i need now is the direction using DSTV or HITV from the front or from yhe back. either to the left or right . after then up or down pls. explain better.
thanks
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Adeexy: 2:08pm On Jun 24, 2010
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Riodiao(m): 5:33pm On Jun 24, 2010
My broda i dnt understand anytin in dat websites. All i just want to knw if d fta channels r wat spending 4. Coz i heard 4rm pitodenz dat d channels u'll get in ph r intresting.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Adeexy: 2:06pm On Jun 25, 2010
U said it already don't know what u are looking for though but don't expect to c supersport or mtv ooooooooo.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Riodiao(m): 3:36pm On Jun 25, 2010
Lol, i knw. But just give me a short list of d news, movie and sport channels.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by coder007(m): 10:34pm On Jul 14, 2010
@enitan2002 , HOW COME YOU KNOW ABOUT DVB
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by freshp(m): 3:45pm On Jul 15, 2010
coder007:

@enitan2002 , HOW COME YOU KNOW  ABOUT  DVB
B'cos he read studied,experimented, and practicalised everything he read.
THATS HOW HE KNEW ABOUT DVB
YOU CAN TOO grin
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jul 15, 2010
freshp:

B'cos he read studied,experimented, and practicalised everything he read.
THATS HOW HE KNEW ABOUT DVB
YOU CAN TOO grin

and to add that, it's not everyone that did all those things you mentioned still know about DVB. I am FTA personified, i belong to the deities and forces controlling FTA, thats just the simple reason.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by freshp(m): 6:08pm On Jul 15, 2010
enitan2002:

and to add that, it's not everyone that did all those things you mentioned still know about DVB. I am FTA personified, i belong to the deities and forces controlling FTA, thats just the simple reason.

Amen to than smiley wink cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by coder007(m): 8:27pm On Jul 15, 2010
@enitan2002, your woman abi?, Anyway i hv 4 CCcam servers with 100mbps and all packages nd test account for new guy that wants to hook up , anything you want about satellite, For All types of inquires etc
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by femo7(m): 11:46pm On Jul 19, 2010
Please, how do i get connected to ur server?

What are the satellites in your package?

Which receiver is best for receiving your package.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Hotwire(m): 11:46am On Jul 20, 2010
enitan2002:

@ Enitan2002

Sir softly, softly oga mi! Empty Barrels, they say, Make the Most Noise. Kudos to George D, Olofofo, Sammy, Twinstaiye, blexxonmak and several silent others who make contributions without injury.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by coder007(m): 2:33pm On Jul 20, 2010
@femo7, check me profile nd let talk more , we hv all package, NORTH SOUTH EAST WEST
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by ujahboy(m): 9:41pm On Jul 27, 2010
Pls am go jos all my channels are show bad or no signal pls help me out
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by coder007(m): 1:52pm On Jul 28, 2010
@ujahboy, Bro, NO signal, first make sure the ''LNB 13/18v'' is switched ON , nd your plate/Dish, is pionting at the right direction , if its still not ok, Manually adjust the position of your satellite dish
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by moyin2009: 7:55am On Jul 29, 2010
Hi, I want to learn Satellite TV installation as an apprentices can anyone put me through in a week and what will it cost me.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by freshp(m): 3:32pm On Jul 29, 2010
moyin2009:

Hi, I want to learn Satellite TV installation as an apprentices can anyone put me through in a week and what will it cost me.

moyin,
you will need to let the guys know where you stay,then if some one is near you then he will be willing to help you.
i dont think cost will be a problem. . .we here do our things as a hobby.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by coder007(m): 8:27pm On Jul 29, 2010
U cannot teach a man anything  can only help him find it within himself
The Only Way to Get Smarter is by Playing a Smarter Opponent

PLS START THINKING
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by kudumopol(m): 10:09pm On Jul 29, 2010
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by moyin2009: 8:15am On Jul 30, 2010
Hi, I want to learn Satellite TV installation as an apprentices can anyone put me through in a week and what will it cost me. Presently am in Osogbo powerline area in Osun State.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by moyin2009: 8:26am On Jul 30, 2010
freshp:

moyin,
you will need to let the guys know where you stay,then if some one is near you then he will be willing to help you.
i dont think cost will be a problem. . .we here do our things as a hobby.

Thanks, am in Osogbo, Osun State
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by freshp(m): 3:50pm On Jul 30, 2010
@All,
Anybody near there for the noobie in the house. . . grin
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Segunod(m): 9:21pm On Aug 11, 2010
@ All: pls i need help on how 2 connect a diseq. I have w3a, w4, astra 2b and sirus. I want 2 use a diseq switch 2 connect all d lnb 2gether without changing everytime. I have already bought a supermax diseq wit 1 reciever input & 4 lnb input but i don't knw how 2 connect it.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Ameboperoo(m): 6:12am On Aug 12, 2010
@segunod. Connect your dishes the four ports and you receiver to the rec. port on the on the disecq switch.
Battery low to be cont.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (95) (Reply)

Free to Air codes / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) / Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.