Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,018 members, 7,814,473 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? (37790 Views)

How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? / How Do You Cope With Pressure To Cheat On Your Spouse? / Ways Out Out Domestic Violence For Short-tempered Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by robotix: 11:17pm On Nov 22, 2016
Waladade4luv:

No b open fight like dt oh, her kind of fight is like quiet fight she nor dey make noice infact if u see her u go think sey na lie them dey lie about her but she comes back home almost everyday complaining about one person or d other, even my family members she complains about them but when she sees them she greets them well but to her i must not complain about her own family members in short she just picks offence in what everybody does
Are you a man of the house or she is?
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by Nobody: 11:18pm On Nov 22, 2016
wonlasewonimi:
Let her cook all day and don't bother to eat it.
damn
the most painful thing to a woman .
hurts real bad
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by innason(m): 11:19pm On Nov 22, 2016
Hello my freind i understand your predicament very well. Firstly you cant change her. So dont even try. Even if it is spiritual she will be the one to pull her self out. Now that road is very tough but God choose you because you can do it. The key element to use here is TOLERANT. You have to tolerate until it quiets down on its own.
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by uzoexcel(m): 11:20pm On Nov 22, 2016
Good advice

lomprico:

Lol! I had a girl like that once.
Just show her more love when ever she is at it, try n tell her d only person she hurts its herself becos sometimes d person she is vexing at does not even know.

She will get matured and start controlling it if u follow these steps but if u also show ur anger when ever she is at it, its like pouring petrol to fire.
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by Nobody: 11:21pm On Nov 22, 2016
Billyonaire:
E don be for you. Just buy bp drugs keep for corner.

cheesy cheesy Tho, it's funny but why are we like this? Is this the best solution/advice you have for the Op?
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by Nobody: 11:22pm On Nov 22, 2016
Always ignore her, and if the madness becomes unbearable get out of the house, That is the best option ever. walk out of the house to a friend's or joint and while-away time until she cools off.

But if the madness is geared up to point of no return and she holds your shirt abusing and cursing, saying you are going no where today. That is where what I don't recommend for settling quarell in marriage comes in, Atimes it what some specie of women need. give her a dirty slap that would transform her into a deaf for some hours. Don't use any object to beat her and dont do it more than once biko grin Whoosa, and the senses she forgot to collect from her mother would be entering one by one from no where like text messages.
That time she would even forget your name or hers all she is seeing is her mother teaching her how to behave in her matrimonial home, so when u start hearing things like OK Mummy, OK Mummy, yes ma etc don't be surprised because her system is in reset and formatting.

Now go out for a couple of hours and when you come back be ready to beg her in her sobs and to tell her how very much you love her and how she pushed you to do what you have vowed never to do.
Now vow you won't do it again and be sincere. and believe me she may not vow not to provoke you again but be sure anyday the madness is returning, the slap of the other day would start a replay video in her memory. Gradually she would learn to control her temper. And as you see changes pamper her like your baby with gifts but don't tell her why.

Please dont mention my Moniker in your family meeting when they come to ask you who taught you this secrete of taming a nagging woman.
OYO grin

But seriously it works.

1 Like

Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by Originalsly: 11:25pm On Nov 22, 2016
Fight fire with fire. It's the beginning of the Christmas Season.... a time for peace and joy and giving. .. this is the perfect time to "flip out". Come home from work and instead of hello.... get mad and start accusing and blaming her for ehmmm.... your lost pen and green socks. Don't allow her to get out more than 3 words to defend herself. .. shut up liar must be your counter... then demand your food. After the first spoonful enter your mouth... spit it out and accuse her of wanting to poison you then dash the rest in the garbage. Never give her a chance to open her mouth to respond. In the middle of the night ... wake her up and start the another accusation. To up the ante.... buy a machete and make sure you sharpen it in her presence befire going to bed. Keep it up for a week, I guarantee she would be requesting permission to speak to you.

4 Likes

Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by DedeNkem: 11:27pm On Nov 22, 2016
Waladade4luv:
Pls i want matured minds in the house and experienced peeps to answer aw a man can cope or treat his short tempered wife.
This is a woman who picks offence in virtually everything that happens in d house even among her co workers at work, the taxi driver that carried her, even d passangers she sit win in a bus to the bike man that carried her, pple she buys things from, infact the list is endless everybody is always offending her.
In the house she always see somthing to complain about, to d extent that one will be beging her not to vex even when she is at fault, infact so many other thinz like that that one cannot finish saying.
To guys in d house av u been in a situation like this bfor and can someone treat such a wife since its not easy to change her at dis stage.

She may have something worrying her in her mind or anger management problem or she may having a psychosis episode.

Unfortunately, there's no psychologists in Nigeria (you may want to inquire). So you either discuss this issue with her calmly and help her or choose to be a heartless husband and end the marriage as some id*iots here on NL suggested. Marriage is for better for worse after all.

If you’re wondering, “What are the types of psychotic disorder?” it’s easy to find conflicting definitions. A U.S. Mental Health institute lists several unique disorders under the heading of psychosis. Among those listed are:

Schizophrenia. Literally meaning “split brain,” schizophrenia is a type of psychosis that’s characterized by persistent — longer than six months psychotic symptoms that are generally accompanied by a decline in the sufferer’s ability to function in society.

Bipolar illness. Bipolar disorder is characterized by disturbed moods and extremes of manic behavior followed by crushing lows, or depression, that may be accompanied by auditory hallucinations.

Organic or drug-induced psychosis. This includes psychotic symptoms caused by illness, injury or withdrawal from certain addictive substances such as alcohol or amphetamines.

Delusional disorder. This occurs when an otherwise entirely healthy individual harbors an irrational belief that is possible but extremely unlikely, such as the belief that the person is being poisoned by loved ones.

Get her some help.
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Nov 22, 2016
Originalsly:
Fight fire with fire. It's the beginning of the Christmas Season.... a time for peace and joy and giving. .. this is the perfect time to "flip out". Come home from work and instead of hello.... get mad and start accusing and blaming her for ehmmm.... your lost pen and green socks. Don't allow her to get out more than 3 words to defend herself. .. shut up liar must be your counter... then demand your food. After the first spoonful enter your mouth... spit it out and accuse her of wanting to poison you then dash the rest in the garbage. Never give her a chance to open her moith to respond. In the middle of the night ... wake her up and start the ankther accusation. To up the ante.... buy a machete and make sure you sharpen it in her presence befire going to bed. Keep it up for a week, I guarantee she would be requesting permission to speak to you.
lwkmooo
mehn you're heartless
buy your remedy should be over effective,she'll call pastor for you that she's not sure if your head is balanced

1 Like

Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by Nobody: 11:33pm On Nov 22, 2016
its not short temper, she is clearly a nag, i just pity the hubby cause no man lives longer with a nagging wife.
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by ruby360: 11:33pm On Nov 22, 2016
[size=38pt]RUN FOR YOUR LIFE OR YOU DIE YOUNG[/size]
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by kidco: 11:35pm On Nov 22, 2016
If you have.kids
and you love the.kids
cope with.her
staunch away and.drink.beer
if u are not.with.kids
run
well... Is the sex good
?
Waladade4luv:
Pls i want matured minds in the house and experienced peeps to answer aw a man can cope or treat his short tempered wife.
This is a woman who picks offence in virtually everything that happens in d house even among her co workers at work, the taxi driver that carried her, even d passangers she sit win in a bus to the bike man that carried her, pple she buys things from, infact the list is endless everybody is always offending her.
In the house she always see somthing to complain about, to d extent that one will be beging her not to vex even when she is at fault, infact so many other thinz like that that one cannot finish saying.
To guys in d house av u been in a situation like this bfor and can someone treat such a wife since its not easy to change her at dis stage.
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Nov 22, 2016
Simply say to here in a serious manner, If you continue complaining I am going to leave you for someone calmer. After that don't talk to her for 2 days. She will tell you to leave and try to provoke you, but the silence will make her know you are very serious. The final thing is to stay out one night and come home the next day like nothing has happened. When she says something to you, just remind her of what you said before. I can guarantee she will change because it happened to me once. embarassed

1 Like

Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by Nobody: 11:39pm On Nov 22, 2016
hilaryJustiN:

lwkmooo
mehn you're heartless
buy your remedy should be over effective,she'll call pastor for you that she's not sure if your head is balanced

Omo calling the pastor is exposing herself and she's giving you the chance of saying all her weakness, and if she says u are going crazy , tell the pastor she's the one driving you nuts. simple.
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by Nobody: 11:41pm On Nov 22, 2016
davtosh:

Omo calling the pastor is exposing herself and she's giving you the chance of saying all her weakness, and if she says u are going crazy , tell the pastor she's the one driving you nuts. simple.
lmao guy you be lion walai
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by Trexnemesis(m): 11:43pm On Nov 22, 2016
Werey niyen o! Let doctor put her on medication. If e no work, you have to avoid her as much as possible. Otherwise, she fit bite you one day o.
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by thistemple(m): 11:46pm On Nov 22, 2016
Trexnemesis:
Werey niyen o! Let doctor put her on medication. If e no work, you have to avoid her as much as possible. Otherwise, she fit bite you one day o.
. oboi go sleep jooh...

1 Like

Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by Alexander001(m): 11:52pm On Nov 22, 2016
Hmm

Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by sekem: 12:02am On Nov 23, 2016
A short tempered wifey needs a shotgun.
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by Khrisfame(m): 12:18am On Nov 23, 2016
itunestv.com
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by Khrisfame(m): 12:18am On Nov 23, 2016
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by basingstoke: 12:40am On Nov 23, 2016
Alariwo2:
those kind of people are best kept at arms length... if possible don't know them atal

they think the world revolves around their dry asses, that you must worship, pet them at all times while they are feee to do what they like even when you try to show them possible danger

I honestly feel it has to do with upbringing.. they can't keep any friendship for long
they are all over the place
Now, a man has spoken. You simply capture it all. For some, the more love you show the more they think you are a weakling
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by jasysandra(f): 12:51am On Nov 23, 2016
Don't get on her bad side. I know, it's impossible but try as much as you can.
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by dumie(f): 12:52am On Nov 23, 2016
The best way to handle a short tempered partner is being super patient and being tolerant..not losing your temper same time.. Besides marriage centers on sacrifices and giving

2 Likes

Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by tkconcept(m): 12:53am On Nov 23, 2016
This is a very sensitive situation so much so that the Bible even says in proverbs that it's better to have nothing and be peaceful than to live with a nagging wife. I have had similar situation with the girl I was planning to get married to. Thank God my eye cleared on time. I just left her in peace cos she was finding fault in all I did. It was I could not just please her. If we have peace it only last for a short while. The very next thing I do or say may cause fight. So am still single and seriously searching. Lol. In Ur case you are already married and Christianity does not support divorce If not I would have suggested that. My advise in this situation are two. 1. Either you learn to ignore everything she does. Just lock up. Don't let it get to you. Blank your mind from her. Don't fight her. Treat her lovingly as Ur wife but whenever she wants to start back out. If she is talking let her talk to herself. If u can't bare it take a stroll,, visit a friend wen u come back she will b calm. The down side of this advise is that the essence of the marriage will b lost if she doesn't change because the companionship which marriage is all about will be gone. Keep praying about it and God will change her. The second advise 2. You can either tell her to go back to her father's house until she is ready to behave like a separation for a while. If she is interested in keeping her marriage she will borrow herself brain and start adjusting.

As it is I am also a lawyer. I av handled a few divorce cases with issues like this and most times such ladies don't really take things to heart but it's a nature they grew up with. So it's either u tolerate her or let her go. Thank God she is not violent at least.

My brother I don't envy you cos uv married her already but I know nothing is impossible for God to handle. I wish u all the best.
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by no1madman(m): 12:53am On Nov 23, 2016
Bite her clittttt!
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by basingstoke: 1:03am On Nov 23, 2016
I know most people do not understand what you are going through. The truth is that you can not even say one tenth of what she does at home at this forum.You want divorce , but you are scared of her she will deal with the kids.Believe me you are in for a ride. Let me say it is a land I once visited. These are women that if you refuse to eat her food, she does not care, if your ignore her , she becomes more happier, the more you show love, the more she thinks you are weak.sooner or later she will start sleeping in a separate room.For all she cares you and every other person are the ones that need to change. She believes she is the perfect one.The solution ultimately lies in your hands, because only you know how it pinches you, because there are so much you can not told us in this forum. Believe me I know this road. FOR THESE KIND OF WOMEN, THERE GREATEST STRENGHT IS THAT THEY KNOW YOU ARE REASONABLE,RESPONSIBLE, CIVIL AND HUMANE, THEY KNOW YOU WILL NOY DO ANYTHING STUPID SO THEY FULL ADVANTAGE OF YOUR CHARACTER.You can't even wish your enemy this fate. I feel for you bro[color=#990000][/color]

5 Likes

Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by OkoAnike(m): 1:08am On Nov 23, 2016
Waladade4luv:

Hunnn thanks so much for that wonderful piece but will i av to gake every shit thrown at me all in d name of love, tolerance and for peace sake

Op sorry about this, first of all please don't describe ur wife as the "SHORT TEMPERED WOMAN"... it's not easy but don't picture the mother of your children in that light, remember this epistle will for ever be here on this forum and it may one day hurt you.

Again, when u married this young woman, what she has was a trait of such attitude... But believe me u supported her to make it an attitude. how?, when she started it wasn't directed at you but to friends and families around u and instead of addressing it early, LUV speak another language to u (u know what i mean), if you have looked beyond that moment it wouldn't have become a total habit that gave her this NEW name in ur dairy as a SHORT TEMPERED WOMAN, remember if that was her first name, she will NEVER be called ur wife.

Op, sorry my word may not have done so much to answer your question and troubles... But I think it will guide the one that are just starting or about to go into this great, sweet and best ever union called MARRIAGE, marriage is sweet, it's fun , great and interesting ... The best thing that has ever happen to me, am blessed with a great wife (Anike) and a wonderful children, but we don't just become great, we work it together, please work ur marriage.

Above all God help us and bless our home and for the newly married please watch out for those trait from each other and be ready to fight and stop it from a trait before it's become an attitude... Enjoy
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by basingstoke: 1:19am On Nov 23, 2016
Waladade4luv:
I know most people do not understand what you are going through. The truth is that you can not even say one tenth of what she does at home at this forum.You want divorce , but you are scared of her she will deal with the kids.Believe me you are in for a ride. Let me say it is a land I once visited. These are women that if you refuse to eat her food, she does not care, if your ignore her , she becomes more happier, the more you show love, the more she thinks you are weak.sooner or later she will start sleeping in a separate room.For all she cares you and every other person are the ones that need to change. She is perfect.The solution ultimately lies in your hands, because only you know how it pinches you, because there are so much you have not told us in this forum. Believe me I know this road. You can't even wish your enemy this fate. I feel for you bro
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by OkoAnike(m): 1:28am On Nov 23, 2016
FortuneTeller:
Simply say to here in a serious manner, If you continue complaining I am going to leave you for someone calmer. After that don't talk to her for 2 days. She will tell you to leave and try to provoke you, but the silence will make her know you are very serious. The final thing is to stay out one night and come home the next day like nothing has happened. When she says something to you, just remind her of what you said before. I can guarantee she will change because it happened to me once. embarassed

Young woman, can u stop a little and listen to ur self, Why are we having this kind of advice from a woman... Very unfortunate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man Marries Mother-in-law After Death Of Wife / Bride Failed To Show-Up For Wedding In Ekiti / A Nairalander Weds His Beautiful Woman In A Modest But Colourful Wedding Fatiha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.