Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,943 members, 7,814,188 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? (37783 Views)

How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? / How Do You Cope With Pressure To Cheat On Your Spouse? / Ways Out Out Domestic Violence For Short-tempered Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by OkoAnike(m): 1:31am On Nov 23, 2016
FortuneTeller:
Simply say to here in a serious manner, If you continue complaining I am going to leave you for someone calmer. After that don't talk to her for 2 days. She will tell you to leave and try to provoke you, but the silence will make her know you are very serious. The final thing is to stay out one night and come home the next day like nothing has happened. When she says something to you, just remind her of what you said before. I can guarantee she will change because it happened to me once. embarassed

Young woman, can u stop a little and listen to ur self, Why are we having this kind of advice from a woman... Very unfortunate.

Why talking about where u have never been to... Get there first. Enjoy ur week beautiful girl.
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by kokomilala(m): 1:55am On Nov 23, 2016
Patience and wisdom.
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by ocheejemb: 2:18am On Nov 23, 2016
All this stupid advice, someone said prayer.

Bro, sit her down and have a heartfelt conversation. Tell her how her behaviour makes you feel and how it is affecting you. If she loves you and wants to make the marriage work she'll try to control it
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by ShoProperties(m): 2:28am On Nov 23, 2016
Well her own case is critical i have someone who is like that also but it got to a stage i was forced to show her i have shoko too and i displayed it infront of her family and friends ....u need to show her how crazy u are too but pls not by beating her o ...just yell at her and make her pee on her body ...she will change ...
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by miredia(m): 2:35am On Nov 23, 2016
tosyn2baby:
Ignore her like you no longer care. Women don't like to be ignored@
That's applicable to women who care a great deal about you.
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by madjune(m): 2:47am On Nov 23, 2016
Clearly, such people grew up in hostile environments or were influenced by aggressive parents or siblings.

Truth is you can't change her.

So, the best thing is for you to focus on those traits that made you love her enough to marry her in the first place.

One doesn't always marry the perfect person.
You work toward being the right person.
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by moshino(m): 2:49am On Nov 23, 2016
Waladade4luv:
Pls i want matured minds in the house and experienced peeps to answer aw a man can cope or treat his short tempered wife.
This is a woman who picks offence in virtually everything that happens in d house even among her co workers at work, the taxi driver that carried her, even d passangers she sit win in a bus to the bike man that carried her, pple she buys things from, infact the list is endless everybody is always offending her.
In the house she always see somthing to complain about, to d extent that one will be beging her not to vex even when she is at fault, infact so many other thinz like that that one cannot finish saying.
To guys in d house av u been in a situation like this bfor and can someone treat such a wife since its not easy to change her at dis stage.

Life is way toooooooo short to live with that, unless you wanna die b4 your time, liberate yourself, seek independence, find another wife or stay single and HAPPY!
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by dallyemmy: 2:53am On Nov 23, 2016
Whenever she is angry learn to say little and when it is aggravated you need to take a walk. You need to know things that really get her angry and avoid them. The bible says it is better to stay on the roof top than with an angry woman because it is like a house that drips constantly. All a man needs is a happy home and the rest will be a story. Do not indulge in other vices in the name of running away from her.

Whenever she is happy tell her why you think her anger is affecting your marriage negatively. She seems to have high expectation of everything and everyone. She is choleric! Whenever she channels that energy into something you can be sure of a good result. You need to say and do things that makes her happy. You need to preempt her sometimes and act ahead of time.

Above all, commit the suituation to God always! The devil may use her to cause trouble whenever something good is on your way (Deep). You can also go for counselling. In some cases, she needs deliverance. God bless you!

1 Like

Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by SycophanticGoat: 3:21am On Nov 23, 2016
As for me, I can't deal at all. I've dated a girl like this and the relationship didn't even last for 4 months. Can't handle a woman that picks offence at any given chance, as if her life depends on it. Lie lie.

I'd rather get married to an ugly and peaceful wife than marry a beautiful woman with short temper. Reason is because I don't want to die before my time.
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by Nobody: 3:27am On Nov 23, 2016
OkoAnike:

Young woman, can u stop a little and listen to ur self, Why are we having this kind of advice from a woman... Very unfortunate.

Why talking about where u have never been to... Get there first. Enjoy ur week beautiful girl.

I am a married woman. Try again.
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by davidif: 4:11am On Nov 23, 2016
Nutase:
You either get used to it or take a walk.
The truth about marriage is you CANNOT change anyone.
The only attempt you can make at changing your spouse which has a 50 50 chance of working is to Change your responses towards your spouses weakness and this might appeal to the persons conscience to adjust.

Abi o. That's why they say look before you leap.
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by frugal(m): 4:13am On Nov 23, 2016
tkconcept:
This is a very sensitive situation so much so that the Bible even says in proverbs that it's better to have nothing and be peaceful than to live with a nagging wife. I have had similar situation with the girl I was planning to get married to. Thank God my eye cleared on time. I just left her in peace cos she was finding fault in all I did. It was I could not just please her. If we have peace it only last for a short while. The very next thing I do or say may cause fight. So am still single and seriously searching. Lol. In Ur case you are already married and Christianity does not support divorce If not I would have suggested that. My advise in this situation are two. 1. Either you learn to ignore everything she does. Just lock up. Don't let it get to you. Blank your mind from her. Don't fight her. Treat her lovingly as Ur wife but whenever she wants to start back out. If she is talking let her talk to herself. If u can't bare it take a stroll,, visit a friend wen u come back she will b calm. The down side of this advise is that the essence of the marriage will b lost if she doesn't change because the companionship which marriage is all about will be gone. Keep praying about it and God will change her. The second advise 2. You can either tell her to go back to her father's house until she is ready to behave like a separation for a while. If she is interested in keeping her marriage she will borrow herself brain and start adjusting.

As it is I am also a lawyer. I av handled a few divorce cases with issues like this and most times such ladies don't really take things to heart but it's a nature they grew up with. So it's either u tolerate her or let her go. Thank God she is not violent at least.

My brother I don't envy you cos uv married her already but I know nothing is impossible for God to handle. I wish u all the best.

The Bible ('Christianity') supports divorce... as long as you remain single.
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by davidif: 4:14am On Nov 23, 2016
jasysandra:
Don't get on her bad side. I know, it's impossible but try as much as you can.

So he should spend the rest of his life walking on egg shells around her? is that what marriage is supposed to be or is that living in bondage?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by Praktikals(m): 4:38am On Nov 23, 2016
Viking007:

Is she pregnant? Some women do behave abnormal when preggy.
HML.
This is so true.
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by Cletus77(m): 4:44am On Nov 23, 2016
gabinogem:
In one word... RUN!
its ur typ dat do spoil smn's marriage grin
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by repogirl(f): 4:52am On Nov 23, 2016
Talk to her about it and tell her you don't like her attitude.

She might have some mental issues sef or somethings that triggered this nonsense attitude. She might be bipolar and needs a psychiatrist or something.

If she continue with her rubbish, you sef display for her and then ignore her for a while. So she knows she can't get away with the rubbish and it's annoying you also.

Still be talking to her sha. I think she needs psych help.
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by anyanwustanley11(m): 4:54am On Nov 23, 2016
pls marriage is rest of mind bro becareful so you dont die early seriously nagging kills a man more
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by jp130(m): 5:02am On Nov 23, 2016
Plz pray wit ur wife and talk to her. Teach her how to b hapy wit herself n accept our human differences. I hop she is nt pregnant o cos pregnant women tend to b more aggressive. Please her d way u cn n put a smile on her face. Above alll, pray 4 her n wit her. God rules

Waladade4luv:

No b open fight like dt oh, her kind of fight is like quiet fight she nor dey make noice infact if u see her u go think sey na lie them dey lie about her but she comes back home almost everyday complaining about one person or d other, even my family members she complains about them but when she sees them she greets them well but to her i must not complain about her own family members in short she just picks offence in what everybody does
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by erocorp01: 5:03am On Nov 23, 2016
Bro tk her to a park...for a picnic. Wia no one can hear u guys talk...a quiet place n den sit her down n talk wit her. Communication is key in evrytin one does. Explain to her how u feel about herr actions n how its affecting u. Her behaviour n how its making u unhappy. Do d talking wit a lot of love. Also tel her that for her health she shld calm down mk she no get HBP. Just speak to her wit a lot of love anf also ask her wat d problem is? If dia is smtin disturbing her she shd talk to u. D basic tin here is communication! But let her kw her behavior is making u unhappy in the marriage. If she has comon sense she would change on her own or try to change n u hv to be supportive.
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by pepperandsalt(m): 5:12am On Nov 23, 2016
if she is pregnant, that may be the cause. once she deliver it will be over
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by Nobody: 5:17am On Nov 23, 2016
Waladade4luv:

Aiit thanks, will do just DT, just that I don't like involvibgbtoo much pple about my family issues cos everybody get him own too, u can also join us in prayers sha, thanks for ur care

You need to study & analyze her well. Something probably triggers it. What she says she's angry about, is probably not what she's REALLY angry about. It's not normal to be consistently short fused.

It could be SThn from her childhood she hasn't dealt with & it's not allowing her have peace. Most people are not self aware. It's d job of a spouse to also help strengthen their partners weakness.
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by chineloSA(f): 5:31am On Nov 23, 2016
Waladade4luv:
Pls i want matured minds in the house and experienced peeps to answer aw a man can cope or treat his short tempered wife.
This is a woman who picks offence in virtually everything that happens in d house even among her co workers at work, the taxi driver that carried her, even d passangers she sit win in a bus to the bike man that carried her, pple she buys things from, infact the list is endless everybody is always offending her.
In the house she always see somthing to complain about, to d extent that one will be beging her not to vex even when she is at fault, infact so many other thinz like that that one cannot finish saying.
To guys in d house av u been in a situation like this bfor and can someone treat such a wife since its not easy to change her at dis stage.

My husband lets me calm down and he doesnt respond. He just looks at me and carry on with whatever he is doing. He sometimes leaves the house for about an hour. When he comes back, i am normally cool and I am able to address the issue. That has helped me throw less and less tantrums. I am now better than before. While he is out i feel bad. It feels like punishment. That pushes me to control my temper next time.
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by joinnow: 5:40am On Nov 23, 2016
Broda I feel for you
Patient.. ...Endurance. ......long suffering
Just apply D 3 above starting from left to right
When you exhaust Patient you move to Endurance
When you exhaust Endurance you change gear enter Long suffering
Do all Dis and pray always
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by oluwashedy: 5:41am On Nov 23, 2016
My ex had this same attitude infact she's rude
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by Adedaniel211(m): 5:45am On Nov 23, 2016
NevetsIbot:
change am for her jare.
Show her small craze. No beat her o, .
Just let her know sayyou sev sabi vex. She'll control herself at home.
I support the motion
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by messiah(m): 5:49am On Nov 23, 2016
Read Shakespeare's "Taming of The Shrew."
Might help.
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by OkoAnike(m): 5:49am On Nov 23, 2016
FortuneTeller:

I am a married woman. Try again.
Huuummm, it's seriously unfortunate... Have a great day @work
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by nowpresence(f): 5:58am On Nov 23, 2016
Kentrasso:
Hmm. I don't believe someone can be this horrible. We all have the tendency of exhibiting good behavior. What that woman needs is unconditional love. She needs true love. And she knows that people hate her. everybody sees her as a bad person so out of anger she continues to be that way. If her husband or someone showers love on her for 2 weeks she will realize there's no need to be angry. She will feel loved and her behavior will change.
She's bitter against herself that's what's happening
Op, take this advice
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by Nobody: 6:01am On Nov 23, 2016
Nutase:
You either get used to it or take a walk.
The truth about marriage is you CANNOT change anyone.
The only attempt you can make at changing your spouse which has a 50 50 chance of working is to Change your responses towards your spouses weakness and this might appeal to the persons conscience to adjust.

U cudnt ve said it any better. Thats d truth
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by sexy74(m): 6:02am On Nov 23, 2016
Waladade4luv:
sincerely what I will tell you is to be silence to whatever she does and also ignore her.
Let it be as if she does not exist don't call her into anything you do. whenever she wants to pick up quarrel with you, walk away.
come back and and testify

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Can A Woman Return Her Bride Price, And Should The Man Accept? / Man Marries Mother-in-law After Death Of Wife / A Nairalander Weds His Beautiful Woman In A Modest But Colourful Wedding Fatiha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.