Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,996 members, 7,814,396 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? (37788 Views)

How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? / How Do You Cope With Pressure To Cheat On Your Spouse? / Ways Out Out Domestic Violence For Short-tempered Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by eben75: 6:03am On Nov 23, 2016
Bros best way to silent a woman like that is ingnore and but call on God to help you our, you are doing this cus of your children and for your life so you wil not die young
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by tete7000(m): 6:07am On Nov 23, 2016
Waladade4luv:
Pls i want matured minds in the house and experienced peeps to answer aw a man can cope or treat his short tempered wife.

Pray, pray and pray. What is impossible with man, is possible with God. Pray for strength to carry through, pray for God to wrought miracle in her life. Create time for family devotion, during those devotions read passage of scriptures that highlights the negatives of anger and those that deal with virtues of patience, temperance, long-suffering and moderation. Let the family as a whole meditate on it, if possible give her chance to air her view about the scriptural passages. You will need time and patience to bring her to see that anger is negative and not good for her. You will need a lot of patience and prayer like I earlier suggest.
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by eben75: 6:08am On Nov 23, 2016
Bros pls jst ingnore her and call on God to help you out, you doing this cus of your children and yu not to die young
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by MrTour: 6:12am On Nov 23, 2016
OP is she short in height?

If YES Run away for sometime.

If No talk to her about her weaknesses.
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by Ramaa(m): 6:17am On Nov 23, 2016
Divorce.....around the corner
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by moonnstar(f): 6:18am On Nov 23, 2016
Nutase:
You either get used to it or take a walk.
The truth about marriage is you CANNOT change anyone.
The only attempt you can make at changing your spouse which has a 50 50 chance of working is to Change your responses towards your spouses weakness and this might appeal to the persons conscience to adjust.
well said.
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by anaton(m): 6:21am On Nov 23, 2016
By being long tempered!! shocked
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by AdeniyiA(m): 6:21am On Nov 23, 2016
Proverbs 21:19 It is better to dwell in the wilderness, than with a contentious and an angry woman.
Proverbs 27:15 A continual dropping in a very rainy day and a contentious woman are alike.
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by gabinogem(m): 6:22am On Nov 23, 2016
Cletus77:

its ur typ dat do spoil smn's marriage grin
& ur type likes judging others cheesy
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by Miles300: 6:23am On Nov 23, 2016
She will change from such habit truth me , show her more love , let her know u love her a lot and once a while try talk to her abt her attitude wen she is on her happy mode
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by thatiboboy: 6:24am On Nov 23, 2016
Waladade4luv:
Pls i want matured minds in the house and experienced peeps to answer aw a man can cope or treat his short tempered wife.
This is a woman who picks offence in virtually everything that happens in d house even among her co workers at work, the taxi driver that carried her, even d passangers she sit win in a bus to the bike man that carried her, pple she buys things from, infact the list is endless everybody is always offending her.
In the house she always see somthing to complain about, to d extent that one will be beging her not to vex even when she is at fault, infact so many other thinz like that that one cannot finish saying.
To guys in d house av u been in a situation like this bfor and can someone treat such a wife since its not easy to change her at dis stage.
I was in similar situation, maybe worst sef, I tried my best to hold on, but the marriage didn't last long, it broke up.
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by valJR(m): 6:27am On Nov 23, 2016
gabinogem:
In one word... RUN!
Omo that's the best ooooo
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by Amenya96(f): 6:31am On Nov 23, 2016
Sir,
I must commend your effort to seek help
First thing is right now you can not change her.
If you live in a city,try to get a professional therapist or counsellor
Before this,try communication.Explain to her how this behavior is affecting your marriage and you.
It's her weakness,see how you can avoid the triggers
Then try to set a meeting with the counselor to know if it has to do with a scar(in her heart)since childhood.You what we go through sometimes affect us..E.g a girl that was raped may not be cool headed as a girl with a normal childhood.maybe she lacked attention growing up.It could even be hormones imbalance So see a counselor.meet other couples ....Do activities involving patience
Then,dont and never act with hatred.She is spouse.How often do you pray for her?
There has to be someone she takes serious and has great respect for,(am against third party but).Go see the person.This should work for a few weeks.
If she persists talk to her again and if it persists leaving D house may expose the both of you to external forces dat break homes.....
Just continue and control,lets hope child bearing calms her.
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by Amhappy(f): 6:33am On Nov 23, 2016
I know a woman who started behaving like this after giving birth to her 2nd baby. She quarrels with her husband,everyone in the yard,neighbours,customers and the public. We thought she was just troublesome until that faithful day that she ran mad. She's okay now after treatment at psychia. So OP let her get checked.
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by Genius100: 6:35am On Nov 23, 2016
Guy, you for no marry this woman but it's too late now. Here is your solution: You have to tolerate some of her madness but draw a line somewhere. When she crosses the line, spark for her. After sparking for her, wait for a few hours for things to settle, then make peace with her. Repeat the whole scenario anytime she crosses the line.

I'm asking you to make peace afterwards because she likely won't make peace on her own and you dont want to go for days without talking otherwise the marriage will degenerate. So in summary, be the man. When she crosses the line, tell her off but initiate the reconciliation after her anger has calmed down for a few hours.
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by MechM(m): 6:36am On Nov 23, 2016
When a woman nags and gets angry over nothing it means something may be bothering her so much that she cannot even identify easily. You guys need to see a marriage counselor and a psychologist. Once a psychologist can identify what may be bothering her, I believe you guys will be fine. Also you need to be more open to her, share secrets with her, tell her to proffer solution to a problem(even if you don't have a problem, create one) then maybe she may start telling you her own problem.
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by Nobody: 6:39am On Nov 23, 2016
Waladade4luv:

Lols i av tried that too sometimes both of us does his or her things sepratly in the house without saying anything to each, its like she is even confortable with that, i will still be the one to call her later and talk things out and he go finish like that till another one go occur, ABout the other part u talk heheeh trust me na, na she dey even complain sey he too much, its even part of the reasons i use to settle things quick with her

How long have you two been married? Is this a recent development? Could she be pregnant?

I'm inclined to think something's wrong somewhere. Perhaps, she isn't happy with her marriage... Or she isn't contented with her job. Her attitude could be stressed induced.

It's left for you to find out the root cause if she was never like this, especially during courtship.
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by Youngpo413: 6:41am On Nov 23, 2016
dangotesmummy:
Ignore her.nothing quells an aggressive woman more than ignoring her.just leave the house for her for like a month. Go and stay with a friend in another city or lodge in a hotel.by the time you come back she go Don simmer
reminds me of the movie "Baby oku in America"

1 Like

Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by izito(m): 6:44am On Nov 23, 2016
use reverse psychology for her.
it works all d time.....

thank me later.
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by RoyalRoy(m): 6:45am On Nov 23, 2016
I hope you are not married to my Ex?

Damn!!!

I can relate 100%.

Just walk away if all other efforts haven't worked out. They rarely ever change!!
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by Youngpo413: 6:45am On Nov 23, 2016
Viking007:

You must have seen the signs during courtship...even if it was in black and white. Now You're seeing the full colored version...she did not become short tempered overnight.

He was concentrating on her big soft ass, ignoring those signs even if it was in black and white..
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by gabinogem(m): 6:45am On Nov 23, 2016
4reala:
to where nah! Abi no be wife him call am

If wife want shorten ur life span u no go avoid her? Run out of the marriage before u or her die leave the marriage, leaving the kids as orphans.
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by linearity: 6:45am On Nov 23, 2016
The big question is, how does she react when she starts acting out? Is she violence? Have you at anytime when she is acting due to what you observed or what she said feared for your life? Does she hit you or others with her fist or some other object(s) when she is acting out? Does she forget to apologize after she kool off? Does she find her behavior normal, even after she have kooled off?

If the answers to any of the above questions is a YES along with other similarly worded questions, I think you should be concern for your safety.

Find her help, but be on the guide, know where all the knives and sharp objects are in the house. Do not sleep off in the night until you are sure she is happy, etc.

Finally, I really do wish you the bests of luck, because you will need it.

The truth is, you have to explore all your options and do not leave anything off the table, including divorce. Weigh the pros and cons of every of your action, then take a decision reserving yourself to fate and destiny.
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by Nobody: 6:50am On Nov 23, 2016
Why didn't you chose a person you are compatible with?
It's her gene, all you need is to manage the condition... because any behaviour or habit you had as a child and didn't drop it while growing up, you will never drop it till you die
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by Asebaba1(m): 6:51am On Nov 23, 2016
Op Rent a house somewhere far and make your life longer by resting there, guy if you like your life make it longer in your own way by freeing your mind of stress because if you die because of her stress she will still marry and you are gone.
Waladade4luv:
This is a woman who picks offence in virtually everything that happens in d house even among her co workers at work, the taxi driver that carried her, even d passangers she sit win in a bus to the bike man that carried her, pple she buys things from, infact the list is endless everybody is always offending her.
In the house she always see somthing to complain about, to d extent that one will be beging her not to vex even when she is at fault, infact so many other thinz like that that one cannot finish saying.
To guys in d house av u been in a situation like this bfor and can someone treat such a wife since its not easy to change her at dis stage.
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by johnsonjosbles(m): 6:53am On Nov 23, 2016
NevetsIbot:
change am for her jare.

Show her small craze. No beat her o, .

Just let her know sayyou sev sabi vex. She'll control herself at home.
its true. she must learn to respect u. and ppl arnd her.

Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by Prince16: 6:53am On Nov 23, 2016
Waladade4luv:

Eyaaaah...... ds man was also in ur shoes but failed to act wisely, fastly and decisively. Look at him now!
I pray urs will not be like ds......... perhaps on d condition dt u use ur head!
SMH!

https://www.nairaland.com/2912495/lawyer-stabs-husband-death-ibadan

Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by micklplus(m): 6:54am On Nov 23, 2016
Waladade4luv:

Sorry, just saw this.

Please, take her for evaluation so that professional doctors can run an evaluation on her to ascertain her state of mind.

There might be something in the background that is an issue which she cant really point.

Doctors, evaluator, therapists would do a good job to unravel everything and put her in state of peace of mind.

All the best. Cheers
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by busyfishing(m): 6:55am On Nov 23, 2016
Just make your temper longer
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by Tamakay(m): 6:57am On Nov 23, 2016
Nma27:
Its possible... There are people like that

U too wan join OP abi? It's possible but it is amplified. If it is true, no human being can live with such a person not to talk of coping
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by Nobody: 6:58am On Nov 23, 2016
Waladade4luv:
slap her and divorce her angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man Marries Mother-in-law After Death Of Wife / A Nairalander Weds His Beautiful Woman In A Modest But Colourful Wedding Fatiha / Bride Failed To Show-Up For Wedding In Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.