Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,584 members, 7,958,806 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 02:01 AM

Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage (21152 Views)

Does Cheating In A Relationship Only Apply To Sex? / Guys, Will You Still Continue The Marriage After You Discover She Did This? / My Fiancee Forget Things Easily, Should I Go On With The Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by WesleyanA(f): 2:40am On Jan 08, 2007
i interpreted what he said as 'knowing your partner well' before getting married
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by Eurphoria(f): 2:41am On Jan 08, 2007
you kidding david, get off! shocked
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by kitaun(m): 2:43am On Jan 08, 2007
@Eurph, abeg ignore Donzman jare!
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by Nobody: 2:44am On Jan 08, 2007
Eurphoria:

you kidding david, get off! shocked

Very smart dear, at least if during the marriage they now test positive for something they can start trying to figure out who cheated.  tongue

11th commandment - thou shalt not cheat. Simple obedience keeps the divorce lawyer away! Well unless you are a rich boy and the woman wants out even when you did not cheat knowing full well she is "entitled" to half your fortune!  cry
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by Eurphoria(f): 2:44am On Jan 08, 2007
grin kitty  grin
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by Ugwumba(m): 2:46am On Jan 08, 2007
When y'all get married and have kids, then you will understand that 'cheating' may not be the worst thing you will have to deal with. Until then, you all can get hoarse arguing this issue. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by promise72(m): 2:47am On Jan 08, 2007
wazzzzuppp
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by Eurphoria(f): 2:48am On Jan 08, 2007
hmm until then------still this is a major deal so no point trying to brush it off mister
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by Nobody: 2:48am On Jan 08, 2007
Some advice for my dear brothers;
Please marry a village girl who does not understand the word "divorce"!

Cheating is no longer the criteria for divorce, current chief culprits include:
1. failure to take out the thrash or perform domestic chores
2. leaving your socks around the house
3. travelling too often
4. having too much money
5. boredom
6 irreconciliable differences - aka i have no excuse!
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by kitaun(m): 2:49am On Jan 08, 2007
@Ugwumba, from 1 with experience, well said!!
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by Eurphoria(f): 2:49am On Jan 08, 2007
David shut it!!!  cheesy   we talking of your trifling ways
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by Eurphoria(f): 2:51am On Jan 08, 2007
oh we rude sorry ---Hi promise smiley
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by Ugwumba(m): 2:51am On Jan 08, 2007
davidylan:

When the village girl eye open, you go hear am!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by WesleyanA(f): 2:54am On Jan 08, 2007
kitaun:

hmm. . . cheesy
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by promise72(m): 2:54am On Jan 08, 2007
eurphoria, hi

was trying to catch up wt previous posts and get up to date. hows your day.

TOH wont you say hello to your future husband?
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by Ugwumba(m): 2:55am On Jan 08, 2007
kitaun:

@ offtopic -kitaun how you dey? Will catch up with you on the Thierry/ Kanu / Drogba chat.
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by Eurphoria(f): 2:55am On Jan 08, 2007
i am ending my day soon  smiley thanks for asking. smiley
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by Ugwumba(m): 2:58am On Jan 08, 2007
WesleyanA:

hmm. . . cheesy

@ WesleyanA - I no be small pikin oh!!!!! Decode the hmmmmmm. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by kitaun(m): 2:59am On Jan 08, 2007
@Eurph, u wan leave me with all these bony creatures? @Ugwumba, d whole world is waiting to hear what happened to our bet!
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by Eurphoria(f): 2:59am On Jan 08, 2007
goodnite folks going too offtopic now *yawn* bed calls
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by Eurphoria(f): 3:00am On Jan 08, 2007
kitaun kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss goodnite wink
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by promise72(m): 3:00am On Jan 08, 2007
bony creatures? u talkin 2 me?

Euph, just IM u
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by promise72(m): 3:02am On Jan 08, 2007
whres TOH?
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by kitaun(m): 3:02am On Jan 08, 2007
@Eurph, gnite!
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:29am On Jan 08, 2007
hey promise

Cheating is no longer the criteria for divorce, current chief culprits include:
1. failure to take out the thrash or perform domestic chores
2. leaving your socks around the house
3. travelling too often
4. having too much money
5. boredom
6 irreconciliable differences - aka i have no excuse!

shut up!  angry and #4 never happens  tongue

as for men their reasons are

1. strech marks from having his stupid children
2. he found a younger version aka irreconcible differences
3. boredom
4. didnt pack his food after his stupid ass just ate
5. having a difference in opinion
6. new hair style
7. stray pubic hair/not shaving often enough
8. ass is now "too big"
9. didnt laugh at his dumb jokes
10. covering ears due to his snoring
11. her having a promotion/deciding to further education
12. HIS MOTHER.
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by PTBNaija(f): 3:38am On Jan 08, 2007
Haha TOH!!! grin
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by promise72(m): 3:43am On Jan 08, 2007
TOH,

its awful cruel where you come up wt these stuff
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by Nobody: 3:48am On Jan 08, 2007
grin grin grin grin grin grin

ThiefOfHearts:

as for men their reasons are

1. strech marks from having his stupid children
2. he found a younger version aka irreconcible differences
3. boredom
4. didnt pack his food after his stupid ass just ate
5. having a difference in opinion
6. new hair style
7. stray pubic hair/not shaving often enough
8. ass is now "too big"
9. didnt laugh at his dumb jokes
10. covering ears due to his snoring
11. her having a promotion/deciding to further education
12. HIS MOTHER.

Methinks those are pretty good grounds for a man to issue his wife with divorce summons eh  grin
With the exception of # 12
#11 is out of this, she would have gotten her education before tying the knot.
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by Nobody: 4:45am On Jan 08, 2007
Oh please. you are so dramatic. Do you intend on cheating on your wife when you get married? If not then you are fine.  You people are just "scared" and "annoyed" because there are actually some women that wont accept that shit.
as for anticipating the worst, no be your fellow man Donzman that's going around screaming that no man can be faithful? Even if some women are expecting the worst how can you blame them when we have psychos running around tellinmg us hat no man will be faithful to us so we might as well deal.
What scares you is that some of us DONT want to deal. If you're not ready to give your all, leave us alone.

I never said that men will ALWAYS cheat, stop putting words in my otherwise innocent mouth. All I said was that men had a natural inclination towards cheating and if both parties go into marriage knowing it's a lifetime commitment, then the man will probably won't cheat. If the woman goes into the marriage with all guards up, then the men will definitely seek help elsewhere.

That's all!
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by Nia: 9:09am On Jan 08, 2007
I agree with the Original Poster. No one should have to endure cheating from anyone, men or women, so yes, it's grounds for divorce, imo. Personally, it's hard to trust someone again once they've broken your trust. It'll be hard with kids involved, but trying to stay in that marriage will just be a waste of time and ridiculous, like trying to eat pounded yam without the stew,  cause I just can't respect that person again, or have the same amount of trust for them. and that's important to marriage.
The sad thing is many times people I notice who have these problems do go into relationships with false or preconceived notions, like someone pointed out. You can't change people, people change when they decide to do so, not because of a ring on their finger. Marraige won't fix whatever problems/habits people had before they went into marriage, not unless that person makes a conscious effort to change. So If you're not on the same page about your expectations before getting married, then you're prolly going to have some problems in the future.  I also think many people, especially females see Marriage as some fairy tale. People should go into it with realistic expectations.
I think if both individuals are committed and determined to make the marriage work, they'll do so. Meaning if there are problems, you both make an effort to work it out and COMMUNICATE, instead of going out or running around etc, and if it's aproblem that can't be fixed, then it's time people go their separate ways, but at least with some dignity and respect and not bitterness and anger  (or STD, STI,) and people feeling like all their time, energy, and resources put into the relationship has gone to waste, 
Yes temptation is a mutha, and it doesn't help that everywhere we go everything is SEX! SEX! SEX! (speaking of the west, particularly) but I think ultimately when you have something worth more than that in your marriage, you'll think twice before you risk losing it over a fling.
Marriage is not for everyone and if monogamy is not your cup of tea,  then don't get into marraige with someone who believes in monogamy and expects you both to keep to that dogma, cause it's deceitful and unfair. Na my 2 cents be that.
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by Radiant(f): 11:50am On Jan 08, 2007
I'll be back later with my reply smiley
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by opeemi1(m): 6:26pm On Jan 08, 2007
@ TOH, Radiant and Co.

I don't think the idea of marriage makes an important meaning to you, maybe you think it is just a formal declaration or contract by which act a man and a woman join in wedlock(Dictionary Meaning). But do you think thats it!

Before you step into marriage, you must have known well who you are getting involved with except maybe it is not him you are after but his wealth or properties. If your spouse cheats on you, first look at the possibilities, and if you see it ain't reasonable for such infidelity to occur, then you can divorce.  But your ways of approach to it is more or less like, "Two can play in that Game", which will only make you infamous in your deeds.

Marriage is not about rings, papers, house, looks and intercourse, but about mutual understanding between both partners and strong commitments via wedlock. But this generation as turned it otherwise, and an undiscerning culture as rapidly evolve round people making them blind of what they are going into, that is why we see lots of breakups everyday.
Its a shame in my own perspective.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

Woman Caught Having Sex With Her Driver In The Office / Masturbation Is One Hell Of An Addiction / Guys!! Upload Your Pics Lets See How Handsome You Are.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.