Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,867 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage (20789 Views)

Does Cheating In A Relationship Only Apply To Sex? / Guys, Will You Still Continue The Marriage After You Discover She Did This? / My Fiancee Forget Things Easily, Should I Go On With The Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by opeemi1(m): 8:44pm On Jan 08, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

opeyemi,
Please give me a list of reasons that you would consider as being reasonable. I'm sincerely curious
Atleast this statement made sense out of all you've being posting.

It is simple, I said if you find out the reason for the cheat is unreasonable, then you can go for the divorce.

ThiefOfHearts:
and calling guys esp Nigerian guys "sexist pigs" isnt exactly an insult as that is what majority of them are.

You can always exclude me.

ThiefOfHearts:
It's not entirely their fault as alot of them were raised to think with such a disgusting mentality and it bothers them that the world isnt really like the way it used to be for their fathers/grandfathers which is why they go around spewing typical male chuvansitic garbage. Fortunately some have the sense to get out of that kind of mentality(saadly not that many), and there are those who rather stay with it. If you are indeed not part of that group, then it shouldnt bother you now should it?  cheesy

First of all, you are not entitled to name or judge other by there action, even if its not what you like or expect. I am not bother if you make reasonable remarks, which you are not doing so far. You suddenly grow incongruous with those opposing your view. Try to be more polite with approaching a fellow poster.
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by Eurphoria(f): 8:45pm On Jan 08, 2007
why do block head have to come here to spoil this thread? angry and it is so pathetic that so called MEN , i say again MEN pick fights with women here , i am sorry but the next fuking dickhead that comes here talking shiite is going to get some, TOH started the thread to discuss, not for morons to run in and out talking tru their ass----if you got nothing to say about this thread without insulting FUK OFF
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by mukina2: 8:48pm On Jan 08, 2007
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

guys can we go back to the topic
i was enjoyin the talk show o

if a man cheats on you once and you let him be
next time he'll not only cheat on you but leave you scarred for life angry
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by goodguy(m): 8:48pm On Jan 08, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

goodguy please shut up and stop ruining this thread with babyish bullshit. No one cares and of course you'd want to hit me. You're a brute. You've made it obvious weeks ago. Now carry go.

With this impertinent attitude of yours, I am beginning to wonder if you'll get any man to marry you.  Oloshi!

And since you've decided not to withdraw your statement, don't get angry when I start insulting your whole bloodline.

Now the duel starts. . .!
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:51pm On Jan 08, 2007
ope_emi:

It is simple, I said if you find out the reason for the cheat is unreasonable, then you can go for the divorce. .

Instead of telling me how to do things in my thread, how about answering the question.

Like I said I would like for you to give me examples of excuses you find as "reasonable" for cheating. How about you deal with that first before trying to order me?
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by Eurphoria(f): 8:53pm On Jan 08, 2007
goodguy u are a disgrace to men --- you want to start a stupid deul with her? what a tool you are. See the calibre of men they breeding these days-------and then you will start preaching to others on NL tomorrow frigging hipocrite, DO ONE
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:55pm On Jan 08, 2007
Eurphoria:

why do block head have to come here to spoil this thread? angry and it is so pathetic that so called MEN , i say again MEN pick fights with women here , i am sorry but the next fuking dickhead that comes here talking shiite is going to get some, TOH started the thread to discuss, not for morons to run in and out talking tru their ass----if you got nothing to say about this thread without insulting FUK OFF

E, I don't know what is wrong with these people. I assume it bothers them that I'm brash lol and that when I'm insulted, I give worse back and not stare like a retarded zombie instead. Maybe that is the problem, I really don't know or maybe my sarcasm goes over their heads, most Naija people dont get sarcasm very well so Im assuming that might be.

As for goodfag, dude has been on my ass for weeks now. I think that's his way of "wooing", someone should tell him that he should try a different approach and maybe then I'll take him seriously. Now he's yaning duel and insulting bloodline, lmao. looks like someone is taking the internet a little too seriously.
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jan 08, 2007
@euphoria

we actually have a problem with the caliber of girls these days and not the other way around

@toh

will be right back need to tidy up some configs
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by Eurphoria(f): 8:56pm On Jan 08, 2007
And KACEAY  quit looking at my profile wink
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jan 08, 2007
@good guy

shut up if u aint got nothing to say

cant we have a mature thread without insult in it
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by Eurphoria(f): 8:57pm On Jan 08, 2007
TOH the problem here is we are engaging BOYS in discussion NOt MEN
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:59pm On Jan 08, 2007
I've considered that as a possibility.

I have afeeling that alot of the so called 20-30somethings are actually still in highschool hence the level of defensiveness.
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by mukina2: 9:02pm On Jan 08, 2007
Eurphoria:

TOH the problem here is we are engaging BOYS in discussion NOt MEN

sorry for offtopic o
but we have loads of them on this forum that has simply refused to grow up

note- not on you o goodguy wink
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jan 08, 2007
eurphoria

hmm u caught me

u sure have a beautiful imaginary pix in ur profile cool
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by goodguy(m): 9:07pm On Jan 08, 2007
Eurphoria:

goodguy u are a disgrace to men --- you want to start a stupid deul with her? what a tool you are. See the calibre of men they breeding these days-------and then you will start preaching to others on Nairaland tomorrow frigging hipocrite, DO ONE

I intentionally ignored your first post, waiting for you to refer to me directly.

I am not going to insult you.  I don't have any issues with you, but I will like you to view this with an unbiased mind.

I made a post on my own jejely, when TOH came from no where to insult me for posting my opinion.  Now, you saw nothing wrong with that, right?  But when I fired back, I'm now the disgrace to the men?  She even went as far as insulting my mother, and you still could not caution her?  Go through the thread, starting from where I made my first real contribution, and you'll see she started it all.  But you do not see any probelms with that, instead, I am seen as the immature and hypocritical one.  No probs.  I'm less bothered anyway.  I'll agree with you if you call me all sorts of names for responding to her vituperations, but certainly not when she started it all, while I'm being blamed for it. If anything, she should be the one to be called "Immature" for leaving the post to attack the poster.

TOH has insulted me so many times on this forum, but I simply overlook them.  She's now taking advantage of that, and I don't like it.  Now that I've decided to pay her back in her own coins, I'm being asked to shut up, I'm being called names, simply because I am a guy, and she's a lady.  Obviously, no one sees anything wrong with all what TOH is doing.  It's all good.

@kaecy5, please be slow to denigrate.  Thanks!
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:16pm On Jan 08, 2007
*plays the world's smallest violin*

Pele pele, no more tears. All shall be well.

cheesy
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by Eurphoria(f): 9:17pm On Jan 08, 2007
goodguy you make me feel bad now sad ok you need to not talk to women like that still, i apologise for what i said to you i guess the annoyance i had for the others i extended to you, i am not here to read what every one posted but still you wrong for cussing her, can we all get along now, you need to kiss and make up with TOH--- goodluck she is tougher
than me

@Kaecy wat imaginery pic? rubbish i took my pic off few weeks back i was being bothered too much tongue by YIM
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by opeemi1(m): 9:21pm On Jan 08, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

Instead of telling me how to do things in my thread, how about answering the question.
Point of correction, I am not telling you how to do things on your thread, I was only giving you a piece of advice.

ThiefOfHearts:
Like I said I would like for you to give me examples of excuses you find as "reasonable" for cheating.
She could be druged or hypnotized, I have seen cases like that which is very reasonable. But if it were her freewill, there will be likely other cases of betrayal or infidelity which will call for divorce.

ThiefOfHearts:
How about you deal with that first before trying to order me?
Hope that is solved and I don't have any right as you too don't have any right to order posters, I can see you are taking this situation more maturely.
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jan 08, 2007
TOH

on a serious note the issue about cheating in marriage and cheating in general does not start from the marriage actually it sure starts b4 the marriage

i sure believe b4 u get married to any one boy or girl or whatever, there are hidden signs of instability for a cheat or in general there are hiding signs of the person personality that he or she reveals time after time unconsciously,
hidden personalities that we know we r not at peace it

but cos as we say most times luv is blind we tend not to believe this signs we even assume he or she would change with time mind u thats some crazy sh*t

for instance a friend of mine is dating some girl he spends his money calling her all the time sending her phone cards she just sits and complain he does not call her enough but all this while she does not even call him she just sends him text messages but when they r together she acts up as if she is hell in luv with him

i had to investigate the girl and found out she sure has some other dude she spends her fortune on .

now the point is assume the guy goes ahead and marries her , she has shown that she pretends to luv him probably for his money or so then cheating comes up along the line she cheats on the guy

same thing happens guys also pretend to be in luv with girls probably for the sex the looks or the money , then they get married along the line cheating comes up when he then discovers that she is no more as beautiful as she was or she is no more good in bed cos now she now has children and her hole is not as tight as it use to be - this is some rubbish didn't he know she would turn out the way she is now when she was younger.

as for me i look at the girl i want to marry mother b4 i make commitment cos if i like how her mother is looking after child(ren) births then i am comfortable with how the girl would look lik in 20years time but if am not then i discharge form the beginning

i am of the strong opinion that if both parties r really really in luv cheating and other issues should not be a divorce causing factor but u know how many people can tell u they r in a relationship cos they r in luv or cos they assume compatibility?, security? financial stability and dont forget cos they r getting old?
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:24pm On Jan 08, 2007
ope_emi:

I can see you are taking this situation more maturely.

I know  wink

drugged, ok. I'll reason with that but some guys might not wanna belive that. I remember where I read that a woman was raped and the guy still blamed his wife anyway and left her. Rather depressing.
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:27pm On Jan 08, 2007
wow kacey. how long did that take? tongue

I'll get back to you later though, have some damn beverage formulas to make.

later people. Be good cheesy
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by Eurphoria(f): 9:28pm On Jan 08, 2007
pass me a drink too TOH you greedy cow
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by mamaput(f): 10:38pm On Jan 08, 2007
Nawa for this trend.
Nawa.
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by Radiant(f): 10:51pm On Jan 08, 2007
Ummm. . . don't really understand what went on in this thread since my last post. Na wa o!

Anyway, I don't know why I'm not so worried about my "husband" cheating on me. It's a bit strange I know. The issue of STD and what have you scares me though but, one lie I can never tell myself is "my boyfriend/husband will never cheat on me". Says who? We call men pigs and dogs because that's what they are. If one can walk out on the first news, then it's better to remain single 'cause it's 99% possibility a man will cheat! Women are more reserved when it comes to cheating but they cheat too!

It all depends on the level of cheating and the man's relationship with the women and how often. Actually most of these women who claim their husbands cheat have never caught them in the act. They usually hear from their friends or there are signs and suspicions but no certain evidence.

I should date my husband 'long enough' to know how bad he can be. I can't know a man is a womanizer and go ahead and marry him. I definitely know what to expect. If he occasionally cheats for whatever reason but I don't get to find out, then that's good for me. If I happen to find out, I'll ask for the reason for such unfaithfulness and from there we can decide how to sort out the matter. But to just walk out without him being partially involved with another woman is not really something I'll do.

Some women can be really difficult to put up with and a man's next move is to go meet a woman who will say things he wants to hear and obviously satisfy him sexually.Some women are really a pain in the neck and men are such weaklings that they don't know how to handle such people most times. Men tend to give up faster than women.

This issue is too delicate and very sensitive. This is one issue I can afford to put up with for a certain period unlike physical abuse where I'll walk out before a 2nd punch.

We should try and understand our wife/husband and communicate always. It's not right to cheat but shit happens! It all depends on how one handles the situation when caught and how he/she amends his/her ways. This issue is too delicate and sensitive! Only God can save us from diseases and heartbreak 'cause we can't vouch for anybody! *Sighs*
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:54pm On Jan 08, 2007
aw hello Radiant, dear cheesy
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jan 08, 2007
This thread is still going on?. . . It outlived its usefelness 3 pages ago!
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:03pm On Jan 08, 2007
kaecy5:

same thing happens guys also pretend to be in love with girls probably for the sex the looks or the money , then they get married along the line cheating comes up when he then discovers that she is no more as beautiful as she was or she is no more good in bed because now she now has children and her hole is not as tight as it use to be - this is some rubbish didn't he know she would turn out the way she is now when she was younger.

as for me i look at the girl i want to marry mother before i make commitment because if i like how her mother is looking after child(ren) births then i am comfortable with how the girl would look lik in 20years time but if am not then i discharge form the beginning

Thanks for the response kacey, I see what you are saying. Yes sometimes people do away with warning signs and then are completely surprised when certain things happen later on. As malicious as I might soound, I dont pity those people however

the first part I quoted, how exactly does the girl know considering the guy isnt obviously gonna be like "yea well Im dating you for your fine backside blah blah"? Even the ones that go around screaming for virgins to marry. They marry said virgin but that doesnt stop them from running after the biggest sluts eventually so what's the deal?

and lol @ looking at the mother. hahha. you shallow monkey  tongue. That doesnt always work you know. What if she gets the genes from the father or grandparents and what if they are dead and you cant compare  tongue

really like I said i dont mean everyone should just pack and leave but still, dont fool yourself into staying within the marriage if you KNOW you just cant give your 100% trust again. If the trust can not be regained than there really isnt no point anymore. You'll both just be miserable and that's a horrible way to live.
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:03pm On Jan 08, 2007
Donzman:

This thread is still going on?. . . It outlived its usefelness 3 pages ago!

weird one can say the same about you. cheesy
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by windywendy(f): 11:06pm On Jan 08, 2007
I haven't been on nairaland in a while but came across this thread while scheming through ,

It's amazing how most of the guys who've responded seem to think that a woman leaving her husband who cheats is being unfair, and it's even more amazing that they find it difficult to accept the fact that some women will simply not stay with a cheating husband.

I'm very much married, and have been so for close to five years. I for one will NEVER stay with a cheating husband. There are many many things I can tolerate in a marriage relationship, but cheating is an absolute deal breaker, whether it happens just once or multiple times. I can never cheat on my husband, no matter what and I definitely expect the same thing from him.  

No man or woman is perfect. I'm sure my husband is not the best provider or even the best in bed and he's definitely not the most handsome man on the planet. He's not exactly a gladiator either and the nature of my  job brings me around lots of men who are more of everything that my husband is, and who even make advances towards me, knowing fully well that I'm married with a kid. Does that mean that I would cheat on my husband? Of course not. There are times when the husband becomes downright annoying, unreasonable and nearly bores me to tears. There are also times when he pays more attention to that new car or laptop or even to the dumb political newspaper than to me. Will I use these as excuses to seek comfort in the arms of another man? Of course not. If I have a problem with him, we sit, discuss and resolve and if there are habits each of us needs to tolerate in the other, we do so (just as long as those habits are not destructive).

I expect the exact same thing from my husband. I'm thoroughly amazed by the guys on this site that seem to blame their women when they (the men) cheat. That's just stupid. When you marry, you make a commitment. Whether or not you keep that commitment is a question of integrity. If you cheat, it's because you have no integrity. Period. Do you honestly expect the woman to look her best or be on her best behavior always? You must be kidding me!! There will be really bad hair days -- and lots of them for that matter -- and your commitment means you  have to stick with them rather than run into the arms of another woman and later turn around to blame your actions on your wife.

No man (or woman) who cheats is worth staying with -- what a waste of time!! If you have problems in your marriage, stay there and solve those problems. And if you think you absolutely can't handle the problems and don't know how to pray, then get a divorce and get out. It's a more honorable thing to do than to go cheating, as if cheating will solve the problem. It's disgusting just to think about. Can you imagine your spouse sleeping with another?? angry It's disgusting just thinking about it  angry angry. I definitely won't put up with it for 2 seconds.
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jan 08, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

weird one can say the same about you. cheesy

Well, I'm no longer part of the conversation in this thread, am I?. . . So saying that is redudant!

I'll unleash Goodguy on you if you say something rude again, beware!  smiley
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:09pm On Jan 08, 2007
I was talking about YOUR existance, Donz cheesy

and your friend is probably still sobbing over my "yo' momma" comment anyway. grin
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by Radiant(f): 11:15pm On Jan 08, 2007
*Sighs again* If only we follow a man everywhere he goes. Before you can catch a man in the act of adultery, he must be thinking of quitting the game after a long period of infidelity.

Does it mean we should believe everything people tell us

Tiffy, smiley

Wendy, I remember you smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

.. / Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? / The Four Minutes Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.