Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,737 members, 7,820,542 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage (20786 Views)

Does Cheating In A Relationship Only Apply To Sex? / Guys, Will You Still Continue The Marriage After You Discover She Did This? / My Fiancee Forget Things Easily, Should I Go On With The Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jan 08, 2007
TOH

there is luv in sharing so dont tell me u r selfish

the more the women the more the farm help

and u know it is a mans world- the man cheats the woman leaves, the woman cheats the woman leaves

so both cases it is a win win situation for the guy

so share if u can and pray he does not cheat on u grin cool
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jan 08, 2007
@davidlan

Some advice for my dear brothers;
Please marry a village girl who does not understand the word "divorce"!

Cheating is no longer the criteria for divorce, current chief culprits include:
1. failure to take out the thrash or perform domestic chores
2. leaving your socks around the house
3. travelling too often
4. having too much money
5. boredom
6 irreconciliable differences - aka i have no excuse!

well u sure made a hell lot of sense

especially #4 - too much money once the girls know ur successful they would even set u up to cheat with some one then with evidences go straight for a divorce and split ur cash- i sure would sign a prenup or one way ticket to the village probably marry 2 at once while i seat back and enjoy the fight for first place among them

life is fun u know grin
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by goodguy(m): 7:06pm On Jan 08, 2007
When y'all get married and have kids, then you will understand that 'cheating' may not be the worst thing you will have to deal with. Until then, you all can get hoarse arguing this issue.

Ugwumba, thanks for this post!!  Very well said!!!

ope_emi, I couldn't have said it any better.

At least, Radiant is still making sense here.  If there's a problem in your marriage, try working it out first! (this was my major point on the other thread that everybody failed to see, and decided to deliberately misinterprete).  But no, ThiefOfHearts would rather leave at first sight of the slightest problems.  This mentality and attitude is really appalling, I must say.

N.B.  See ope_emi's post for the true meaning of marriage.

As I posted on the other thread, you ladies only give their opinions based on your present feeling, which is understandable.  When you get married, I guess you'll know better.
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:09pm On Jan 08, 2007
kaecy5:

and u know it is a mans world- the man cheats the woman leaves, the woman cheats the woman leaves

Dude, get out of Osama's cave and get a grip. First off it's usually the guy who has to leave when it comes to terms of adultery especially in a 2 two income home that I would expect everyone to be in as of now

and even if the female does leave, what's your point? She get a house and lives her life and maybe remarry again if indeed the bastard of a man hasnt destroyed her faith in "love" or maybe not remarry.

This one dey yan bullshit about sharing? What is this? a Player's relationship? You're willing to share your wife with other men? I swear I think some of you are either on some powerful crack or completely drunk when replying this. Which is it?
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:14pm On Jan 08, 2007
ope_emi:

[b]Before you step into marriage, you must have known well who you are getting involved with except maybe it is not him you are after but his wealth or properties. If your spouse cheats on you, first look at the possibilities, and if you see it ain't reasonable for such infidelity to occur, then you can divorce.

Lol, if you caught your wife with the mailman or whatever, would you write a pros & cons list on the "possibilities" and whether the reason why she did it was "reasonable"?

Rofl who the hell do you sexist pigs think you are fooling with your trite nonsense?

hahahaahah grin
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:25pm On Jan 08, 2007
goodfag, shut the hell up and get out of my thread. You're so damn irritating and i know the reason why you're here is to try to hurl insults at me cos you're a retard still crying over that other thread and really I dont care for your crap right now. I find your en tire existance "appalling", ok?

Ode, who wants to bet if he were the one who found his wife getting it from some other guy he wouldnt be singing the "let's work it out" song and what part of MULTIPLE cheatings do you not understand? oponu. How many times should things be "worked out", until you finally get that STD that would stop you from moving on in your life?

Rick Fox cheated on Vanessa Williams numerous of times, now they both have herpes. In case you didnt know there's no cure for herpes. Such a gorgeous talented woman now ruined for life with such a disgusting diease.
How many times did Halle have to deal with Eric Benet's shit of him folicking around with various women before she had to leave? Lord knows what she could have eventually gotten had she not ran for her life.

Why stay with people that have such disrespect for your life? for your marriage? This isnt even a "girl shouldnt tolerate" kinda thing either, I wouldnt expect a guy to tolerate such a thing either so what the hell are you people crying about?
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by goodguy(m): 7:26pm On Jan 08, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

Lol, if you caught your wife with the mailman or whatever, would you write a pros & cons list on the "possibilities" and whether the reason why she did it was "reasonable"?

I can confidently say that I will never divorce my wife on this basis (unless she's infected of course grin, but that's not the issue now).  Sure, I'll be upset, disappointed, feel betrayed, feel really bad and all that, but it's not enough reason to divorce my wife, especially if she's the type I know wouldn't do such on a good day.  This, I guess, is what ope_emi means on 'looking at possibilities', because, as he said, before you step into marriage, you must have known well who you are getting involved with.

Why would I get married in the first place to someone I know I will easily divorce at the first sight of problems, e.g. cheating?
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:33pm On Jan 08, 2007
Nia:

I agree with the Original Poster. No one should have to endure cheating from anyone, men or women, so yes, it's grounds for divorce, imo. Personally, it's hard to trust someone again once they've broken your trust. It'll be hard with kids involved, but trying to stay in that marriage will just be a waste of time and ridiculous, like trying to eat pounded yam without the stew,  cause I just can't respect that person again, or have the same amount of trust for them. and that's important to marriage.

Totally agree. Thing is I tend to admire those who are able to give the person, him/her their COMPLETE trust all over again despite that all, of course this is if they believe the person they are with will completely change cos sometimes people take forgiveness as a weakness. Like it's a "well that was easy guess I can do it again" card.

If a person knows they cant give their complete trust to the person again then they really shouldnt stay cos that's just a waste of time for both people. There's no point if you're gonna continue to have doubts about the person, become a paranoid stalker, continously using what happened in the past against them? It's bullshit. Might as well leave.
But if the person is sure that they can give their complete all again, then go ahead and have a try just pray that the person doesnt use the forgiveness as a sign that you would let him/her do anything.
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:36pm On Jan 08, 2007
goodguy:

I can confidently say that I will never divorce my wife on this basis (unless she's infected of course grin, but that's not the issue now). 

That is this issue. This is MY thread and I say it's part of the damn issue in case you can't read. BTW if she's infected, doesnt that make you both infected and i guess you two should stay together, can't have you people infecting the rest of the world

My verdict: you two should continue to sleep together and make super Aids. cheesy
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:38pm On Jan 08, 2007
hmm until then------still this is a major deal so no point trying to brush it off mister

you dey mind these people?

I'm willing to paypal $250 now knowing that answers would have been VERY different had it been a guy who started this thread. dont know who they think they are fooling with their "wah wah stay and understand" responses.

Not me, sha cheesy
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by goodguy(m): 7:39pm On Jan 08, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

goodfag, shut the hell up and get out of my thread. You're so damn irritating and i know the reason why you're here is to try to hurl insults at me because you're a retard still crying over that other thread and really I don't care for your crap right now. I find your en tire existance "appalling", ok?

Quit being loony, idiot!  Attack the post, not the poster.  Oniranu.

ThiefOfHearts:

Ode, who wants to bet if he were the one who found his wife getting it from some other guy he wouldnt be singing the "let's work it out" song and what part of MULTIPLE cheatings do you not understand? oponu. How many times should things be "worked out", until you finally get that STD that would stop you from moving on in your life?

Sulu gambari, read my previous post.  You shouldn't be so conclusive about people's next line of action - especially people you do not know anything about.  Obviously, everyone cannot reason stupidly like you.

ThiefOfHearts:

Rick Fox cheated on Vanessa Williams numerous of times, now they both have herpes. In case you didnt know there's no cure for herpes. Such a gorgeous talented woman now ruined for life with such a disgusting diease.
How many times did Halle have to deal with Eric Benet's shit of him folicking around with various women before she had to leave? Lord knows what she could have eventually gotten had she not ran for her life.

Wetin concern me concern them?  I expect you to know the american way of doing things, espcially when it comes to the issue of marriage.  These people are not even aware of what they're going into (marriage I mean) so I wonder why you're citing them as examples here.

ThiefOfHearts:

Why stay with people that have such disrespect for your life? for your marriage? This isnt even a "girl shouldnt tolerate" kind of thing either, I wouldnt expect a guy to tolerate such a thing either so what the hell are you people crying about?

STD's apart, these aren't just any kind of people.  We're talking of your spouse here. .  this is marriage for goodness sake!  Why shouldn't I forgive my wife?  Why shouldn't I stay with her again?  Why shouldn't I tolerate her?  What kind of a person are you?  Even if she contacts any diseases, I will only leave her because I do not want her to transfer it to me, and not because I cannot forgive her.
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by opeemi1(m): 7:39pm On Jan 08, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

As they say, fingers are not equal. You think I would react just anyhow, like beat the guy up or something before thinking it through. I would say its rather not wise. I would rather get to know the reason before taking any action.

ThiefOfHearts:
Rofl who the hell do you sexist pigs think you are fooling with your trite nonsense?
There you go again with you name calling which seems to be a habit you adopted or born with. I don't know what you've being through, but I am sure you are talking from experience cause I see nothing wrong in what I posted.
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jan 08, 2007
simple matter, goodguy say you like TOH chikena! problem solved! grin

TOH and goodguy abeg tie the knot ASAP. Let us know who cheated who. That is why i like science, no plenty argument, just do a simple experiment! Announce results finish!

grin
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:52pm On Jan 08, 2007
David, no be your fault angry
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by goodguy(m): 7:53pm On Jan 08, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

That is this issue. This is MY thread and I say it's part of the damn issue in case you can't read.

That is not the issue.  That is MY post, and I say it's not part of the damn issue, incase you can't read.

ThiefOfHearts:

BTW if she's infected, doesnt that make you both infected and i guess you two should stay together, can't have you people infecting the rest of the world

My verdict: you two should continue to sleep together and make super Aids. cheesy

How do you reason?  Once she's infected, that automatically means the other is also infected, even if they've not slept together after her infection??  Also, why do you rule out the possibility that all the other people she's been sleeping with are also free of diseases?  Or that she's been using protection, and IS actually free of diseases?  If she's tested negative, good!  I'll stay, and work it out, only after my first time of finding out anyway.  If she's tested positive, fine!  I'll leave; as far as I am not infected myself.  Very simple as ABC.
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jan 08, 2007
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

whose fault eh? i cant help noticing some pple are chasing some people all over the forum wink
just lending advice to a fellow brother on how best to land a chic! grin
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by goodguy(m): 7:59pm On Jan 08, 2007
Thanks David, but I don't eat left-overs. grin
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:00pm On Jan 08, 2007
opeyemi,
Please give me a list of reasons that you would consider as being reasonable. I'm sincerely curious

and calling guys esp Nigerian guys "sexist pigs" isnt exactly an insult as that is what majority of them are. It's not entirely their fault as alot of them were raised to think with such a disgusting mentality and it bothers them that the world isnt really like the way it used to be for their fathers/grandfathers which is why they go around spewing typical male chuvansitic garbage. Fortunately some have the sense to get out of that kind of mentality(saadly not that many), and there are those who rather stay with it. If you are indeed not part of that group, then it shouldnt bother you now should it?  cheesy
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jan 08, 2007
goodguy:

Thanks ke? I just felt some pity for you dear, stop playing those old small boy tricks, they dont trip girls anymore. The world has changed o! grin
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:04pm On Jan 08, 2007
goodguy:

blah blah blah blah yada yada blah blah blah blah yada yada yada yada blah blah blah

From the beginning of the thread I mentioned STDs so it is an issue and if you find her cheationg the day after you two slept together, anfd that same day you find out that hey guess what she's infected, then what are the chances that you are not? Take a Micro Biology and get back to me when you know something

goodguy:

Yet your father did. I suggest you carry on the tradition. As a son of the househould, it is your duty.

cheesy
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:05pm On Jan 08, 2007
Im not even paying the retard any mind. Maybe Radiant would like to read his rubbish but Im ignoring his garbage in this thread as of now.

Dude's a passive aggresssive lunatic. cry
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jan 08, 2007
TOH
u have just been running ur mouth so wats ur point

once u confirm cheating marriage ends? especially when the guy is at fault and when the woman s cheating she should be forgiven?
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by goodguy(m): 8:14pm On Jan 08, 2007
David, thanks for pitying me.  Can we get back to the topic now? tongue

ThiefOfHearts:

From the beginning of the thread I mentioned STDs so it is an issue
No, you did not mention STD's from the beginning of the thread, at least, not in your first post.

ThiefOfHearts:

and if you find her cheationg the day after you two slept together, anfd that same day you find out that hey guess what she's infected, then what are the chances that you are not? Take a Micro Biology and get back to me when you know something

Do you understand English at all?  Do you know the meaning of "possibilities"?  Go read "English Without Tears", and get back to me when you know something.

ThiefOfHearts:

Yet your father did. I suggest you carry on the tradition. As a son of the househould, it is your duty.

cheesy

Can you kindly withdraw this statement?  The emboldened part particularly.  I'm really going to appreciate that.
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:15pm On Jan 08, 2007
No.

You think you can insult me by referring to me as being "left overs" and now I should take back my shot at you? Who are you?
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by CrazyMan(m): 8:17pm On Jan 08, 2007
kaecy5:

and when the woman s cheating she should be forgiven?
Forgiven?  shocked
it's not as easy as you think
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:18pm On Jan 08, 2007
kaecy5:

especially when the guy is at fault and when the woman s cheating she should be forgiven?

Um Im confused, where did I say this?
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by goodguy(m): 8:21pm On Jan 08, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

I'm not even paying the retard any mind. Maybe Radiant would like to read his rubbish but I'm ignoring his garbage in this thread as of now.

Dude's a passive aggresssive lunatic. cry

Okay, Ms. Active aggressive maniac. Dolt!

ThiefOfHearts:

No.

You think you can insult me by referring to me as being "left overs" and now I should take back my shot at you? Who are you?

If I insult you, insult me back.  There's absolutely no reason to bring my father into this.  I didn't insult any of your family members, did I?
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:23pm On Jan 08, 2007
Everyone is fair game cos in a way you're implying that my parents didnt raise me right.

Now stop crying over my shoes and go.
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:26pm On Jan 08, 2007
oh Lord, dont tell me he just did the whole passive then active thing

The corny-ness of it all is now offically overwhelming.
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by goodguy(m): 8:34pm On Jan 08, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

Everyone is fair game because in a way you're implying that my parents didnt raise me right.

I, in no way, implied such.  You have only chosen to interprete it that way, and if that's the way you see it, fine! 

ThiefOfHearts:

Now stop crying over my shoes and go.

You see, you're the kind of b*tch I wouldn't think twice before dashing a resounding slap.  Are you aware you just insulted my mother indirectly? angry 

That I've been ignoring your insults on me all the while does not make me a fool. I decided I'll never bandy words with any lady on this forum, but it seems you're taking that for granted. Gentility is not equal to stupidity. Since you do not have any regards for yourself, I'll simply put you where you belong.

I have regards for people's parents, even on the WWW and as such, wouldn't descending to the level of calling them names, no matter how much I detest you.  Perhaps, you're actually right the way you interpreted my post.  Maybe it's got something to do with your upbringing afterall.
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jan 08, 2007
no insult in this thread

TOH
u have implied so earlier post

after david listed out factors that cause divorce apart from cheating
Re: Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:39pm On Jan 08, 2007
goodguy please shut up and stop ruining this thread with babyish bullshit. No one cares and of course you'd want to hit me. You're a brute. You've made it obvious weeks ago. Now carry go.

kaecy5:

TOH
u have implied so earlier post

after david listed out factors that cause divorce apart from cheating

oh lol, I was confused by your whole "sharing" thing, wasnt sure on what you were talking about. sorry.

still don't know what you meant by bringing up that either way the "woman leaves", not exactly true in The States especially, either way still don't know why that was brought up. care to explain?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

.. / 10 Signs It’s Time To Let Go / Should I Go For Marriage Or Career?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.