Stats: 3,151,172 members, 7,811,412 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:09 AM

Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? (37464 Views)

See How Nigerian States Rank In Terms Of Progress / Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Hit $47 Billion - Surpass That Of South Africa by $4b / Filthy Lagos In Pictures: What Every Part Of Lagos Now Have In Common (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by freeborn76(m): 3:30pm On Dec 22, 2016
ikennaf1:
If Anambra government can make the state attractive and welcoming to university graduates in terms of making policies that will encourage investors to build companies and therefore employ people, Anambrarians, most especially the graduates would stay more at home and will top Lagos in just a matter of years. lagos isn't that much ahead of Anambra.

Lagos isn't that much ahead of Anambra? Are we talking about the same Anambra? I laugh grin grin grin

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by paradigmshift(m): 3:30pm On Dec 22, 2016
remove Edo state
Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Dec 22, 2016
Kano used to be on par with Lagos, then everybody ran away from Kano to Abuja. Kaduna wasn't doing too badly either

Most states have potential if they have sincere intelligent and visionary leadership but right now I'd say the states with the most realistic potential are Ogun and Anambra. I keep saying it. my advice to my Ibos brothers is go go back home and develop your states. The reason why Lagos is doing so well is that all of you are in Lagos.

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by mengho(m): 3:33pm On Dec 22, 2016
Borno state
Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by wristbangle: 3:33pm On Dec 22, 2016
Without sentiment, If Ogun State can have government with good policies as it is currently enjoying lagos proximity, it will only be at par with lagos but I don't think can supersede Lagos due to its huge development.

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by Cubeet: 3:34pm On Dec 22, 2016
FlyoruB:
These yeebos and their bad belle. Make una first increase una IGR to near Lagos levels and attract as much FDI and market size before una even begin talk of playing catchup let alone 'surpass' her. Smh.
IGR being generated by mainly non Yolobas.
We only know Afonjas for parties, Owambe, Omo onile and Agberos. They are one set of lazy asses.

Let non indigenes leave Lagos and see how it will be poor as Osun State.

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by obinna58(m): 3:35pm On Dec 22, 2016
Believe it or not the most developed state in Nigeria is ..........

What were you thinking Lagos jooor
Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by Businessideas: 3:35pm On Dec 22, 2016
Thanks to the legendary vision of Asiwaju

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by lakesider(m): 3:36pm On Dec 22, 2016
someone will just wake up and write rubbish article without analysis .
Nigeria
illiterate media
illiterate people

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by Demmzy15(m): 3:36pm On Dec 22, 2016
Rilwayne001:
OGUN'
What of Oyo? I'll go with Ogun because it has access to the sea!

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Dec 22, 2016
Cubeet:
We only know Afonjas for parties, Owambe, Omo onile and Agberos. They are one set of lazy asses.

Don't you feel a bit stupid that you are enriching lazy Afonja land while yours is getting poorer?

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by ba7man(m): 3:38pm On Dec 22, 2016
PentiiumProf:

In 5 years time anambra will dwarf lagos in all levels of development
It is inevitable whether you like it or not
Anambra should dwarf Mushin or Mafoluku first....in the next 5yrs.

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by danot1030: 3:38pm On Dec 22, 2016
Lagos has been coming way back so to talk of surpassing might not be possible especially when Lagos state is ever coming up with new innovative developments only for others states to follow after. What they are birthing at Eko Atlantic is a wonder of the new age.

But i see States like Anambra, Enugu, Edo, Imo potentially improving in development to increase the spate of civilization in the country.

Delta state suppose to have what it take to lead other states in development but the level of corruption being perpetrated by the government officials and the blind support by the gullible citizens of the state has no equal.

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Dec 22, 2016
Businessideas:
Thanks to the legendary vision of Asiwaju

The only vision Asiwaju has is the vision of stealing. Lagos will do well irrespective of who is in power, because it is Nigeria's commercial capital, it's most significant port and it's most populated city.

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by FlyoruB: 3:39pm On Dec 22, 2016
Cubeet:

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by akanbiaa(m): 3:39pm On Dec 22, 2016
State of Osun
Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by rhektor(m): 3:40pm On Dec 22, 2016
three:
Any of the States mentioned

It's a question of WILL, VISION, EXPERTISE

Lagos'll in comparison will be like a non-starter in 8 years of sincere development by any of the States mentioned

And to think Lagos will go into sleep is self deception

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by lakesider(m): 3:40pm On Dec 22, 2016
Cubeet:

citizens of developed state and countries don't do much of the works . all the government need do is create enabling environment for foreigners .
Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by FlyoruB: 3:40pm On Dec 22, 2016
giles14:
wot is dis ewedu eater blabbing.

igr dis igr dat
don't forget ur igr comes from tax on multinational corporations, Sea port n the centralization of all transportation to Nigeria in Lagos.

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by Puzzo10: 3:41pm On Dec 22, 2016
Thumbs up to the government of Lagos state...there cant be another lagos state...I salute all the founding fathers of this great state..How I wish am from lagos state..

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by Horlufemi(m): 3:41pm On Dec 22, 2016
VeecThorr:

You're not a very good student of history. The Native Americans weren't wiped out by internal struggle,no they were wiped by the Europeans present day Americans just because they occupied the land first. Educate yourself before spewing falsehood on the internet.

Europeans and themselves.

Africa should unite
Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by wristbangle: 3:42pm On Dec 22, 2016
PentiiumProf:

The foreign investments coming into anambra state are in billions of dollars not naira
Gov obiano has attracted a foreign investment of over 4 billion dollars leading to an industrial explosion in my own words
More foreign investors are coming
When these industries and other commercial ventures come on stream more investors will come
The industries you see in Lagos and other parts of the country will either relocate to anambra or open another plant in anambra
Are you aware that anambra entered into an mou to build three three independent power plants
Can you imagine the massive growth anambra will record once the ipps become operational

Once Eko Atlantic City construction finishes, all states in Nigeria should forget about catching up with Lagos. States that can get close are Ogun, maybe Anambra ( even at the moment, Ogun state still tip off Anambra).

Ogun state still lacks good policies but if a serious state regime can project solid plans to equip the state with most industries in the country, it has what it takes to come close to lagos.

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by Cubeet: 3:42pm On Dec 22, 2016
vodutive:

Don't you feel a bit stupid that you are enriching lazy Afonja land while yours is getting poorer?
This shows you have not once moved out of your region to other region just like every other omo oniles.
Anyways those you think are enriching lagos are also enriching themselves and their communities back home.

Lagos without non indigene is equivalent to Osun state

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by giles14(m): 3:42pm On Dec 22, 2016
FlyoruB:

maka y.
I no b Ndi-Afonja
Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by veraponpo(m): 3:44pm On Dec 22, 2016
PentiiumProf:

The foreign investments coming into anambra state are in billions of dollars not naira
Gov obiano has attracted a foreign investment of over 4 billion dollars leading to an industrial explosion in my own words
More foreign investors are coming
When these industries and other commercial ventures come on stream more investors will come
The industries you see in Lagos and other parts of the country will either relocate to anambra or open another plant in anambra
Are you aware that anambra entered into an mou to build three three independent power plants
Can you imagine the massive growth anambra will record once the ipps become operational

I don't know your age or academic background but whatever they are, you sound too gullible and childish with your comment (no pun intended).

If you ever believe all the MOUs that your baby technocrat, Obiano, has been signing is anything near the 20 year plan that is making investments and FDI trickling into Lagos State, there is a big problem.

The Seaports in Lagos only can buy the whole Anambra.

Almost all the Head Offices of Nigeria's banks are in Lagos.

Almost all the Head Offices of Oil and Gas Upstream and Down Streams are in Lagos.

More than 50% of Nigerian banking activities and insurance activities take place in Lagos only.

I don't know where you want to start from but it seems impossible.

Just tell your governor to 'run things' with Ondo State because even Ogun State is ahead of Anambra in many indices of growth and development.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by Cubeet: 3:44pm On Dec 22, 2016
lakesider:

citizens of developed state and countries don't do much of the works . all the government need do is create enabling environment for foreigners .
So therefore you shouldn't compare lagos with other States. As other states made Lagos
Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Dec 22, 2016
Cubeet:
This shows you have not once moved out of your region to other region just like every other omo oniles.
Anyways those you think are enriching lagos are also enriching themselves and their communities back home.

Lagos without non indigene is equivalent to Osun state

Whether or not Lagos is equivalent to Osun state without immigrants is irrelevant because the reality of today is that it is not equivalent to OSun. All that is story. The reality is no where in the east can come close to Lagos and if it is your money that has developed Lagos, then you should be ashamed that your area is in the state it is, instead of beating chest.

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by ladiguy(m): 3:46pm On Dec 22, 2016
PentiiumProf:
In 5 years time anambra will dwarf lagos in all levels of development

Anambra should surpass PH AND Kano first before the dream .

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by Zuzer: 3:48pm On Dec 22, 2016
ALMUSTAQIM:
THE CORRECT ONLY ANSWER IS OGUN STATE

THE LARGEST STATE IN SOUTH WEST

THE MOST POPULOUS STATE IN SOUTH WEST

THE MOST EDUCATIONALLY ADVANCED STATE IN SOUTH WEST

THE STATE THAT PRODUCED ALL PAST & PRESENT PRESIDENTS & VICE PRESIDENTS FROM SOUTH WEST
Most populous keh? Where would you put Lagos

THE GATEWAY STATE

MY STATE
Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by Rhaspody(m): 3:49pm On Dec 22, 2016
Africonji:

Which Anambra? Is it that dirty Onitsha, or the glorified Awka village? Nowhere in Anambra can even match Owerri, Umuahia, Warri, or Port-Harcourt, not to talk of Abuja or Lagos when it comes to development. Stop this deception of yours my friend.
I live in onitsha and I support you

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by Rilwayne001: 3:52pm On Dec 22, 2016
Demmzy15:
What of Oyo? I'll go with Ogun because it has access to the sea!

Oyo? Maybe sha, but Ogun is more likely.

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by excellence1331: 3:53pm On Dec 22, 2016
omofunaab:
Lagos is way ahead of all other states in Nigeria and lagos won't stop growing as long as it remains fully in the hands of progressives

I really don't see any state beating lagos in the nearest future unless lagos itself derails, most states in Nigeria are not focused ,some are spending huge amount of money on propaganda.
The truth is that Lagos was developed by Nigeria when it was the country's capital not really by the lagosians and as such no other state has had such opportunity.
The executive arm of lagos is full of technocrats, dishing out good polices

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Governor Obaseki Denies Forging The Certificate Of The University Of Ibadan / 2023: I’ve Flagged Off APC Campaigns With My 4 Wives, 28 Children - Doguwa / 3 Parties Call For Cancellation Of Rivers Election Results