Stats: 3,151,230 members, 7,811,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:18 PM

Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? (37471 Views)

See How Nigerian States Rank In Terms Of Progress / Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Hit $47 Billion - Surpass That Of South Africa by $4b / Filthy Lagos In Pictures: What Every Part Of Lagos Now Have In Common (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by prelomo: 7:04pm On Dec 22, 2016
zuchyblink:
Lagos will not come close to Akwa Ibom and other Niger Delta state if we practice fiscal federalism.Lagos wasn't made by Lagosians alone but by Nigeria and Nigerians

Yes well said but if your Akwa Ibom and other Niger Delta States will allow Nigeria and Nigerians to contribute like south west states.

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by Cubeet: 7:09pm On Dec 22, 2016
ladiguy:

You be baby. The bridge was by the FGN.
So?
I was asking you the question. Old Man.
Most of the development was when Lagos was the capital. Third Mainland was built by Ibb and Fg not the British
Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by Cubeet: 7:12pm On Dec 22, 2016
wristbangle:

Thrash! Yenegoa is just a linear settlement. Ovom and co just seems cool outside but when u enter, the houses are not well planned.

Warri is just living on past glory, just look at refinery road beside the shoprite roundabout, the road is abysmal.

How can u compare PH to Abeokuta when u know PH enjoys 13% derivative over the years and Abeokuta is an administrative city. Between with the current development in d city, it will definitely compete with PH.
Still Warri is far better than oshogbo.
Yenogoa is far better than Ado Ekiti

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by ladiguy(m): 7:13pm On Dec 22, 2016
Cubeet:
I was asking you the question. Old Man.
Most of the development was when Lagos was the capital. Third Mainland was built by Ibb and Fg not the British

Did i mention the bridge was built by the British ?
Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by wristbangle: 7:13pm On Dec 22, 2016
Cubeet:
Still Warri is far better than oshogbo.
Yenogoa is far better than Ado Ekiti

Have u been to osogbo of recent? Bros I travel well and I want you to mention 3places in osogbo.

Yenegoa and Ado Ekiti are almost the same.

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Dec 22, 2016
giles14:
wot is dis ewedu eater blabbing.

igr dis igr dat
don't forget ur igr comes from tax on multinational corporations, Sea port n the centralization of all transportation to Nigeria in Lagos.

Wetin stop the MNCs from setting up in una state in the first place?
@op i no see oyo state wetin happen?

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by Cubeet: 7:20pm On Dec 22, 2016
bakynes:

See this Osu igbo you think you are talking to a Yoruba Man that doesn't travel across Nigeria. Yenegoa is the worst state capital in Nigeria and you compare it to Oshogbo. Warri fine is OK but has lost its glory since militancy took over.

I don't think you know the difference btw contributions and Administration.
The Lagos state Governor, deputy,law makers, civil servants, commissioners and other administrators are Yoruba and they are the one doing all the works of construction and urban planning so who do you think developed the state the most.

I cannot excuse the contribution of foreigners especially Foreign nationals but when the FG abandoned Lagos where places like Oshodi where den of criminals, when all the streets where littered in waste and rubbish who brought Lagos back to its present status? The Lagos Administartors( Tinubu,Fashola and Ambode) so please shut up if you were too young to remember the Old Lagos when FG abandoned it to rot.
Lagos is the easiest state to govern. With it's infrastructures already set in place its left for the present state govt to just keep renovating them.Very small in land mass with increasing population.
Thats why Fashola was assumed to be a working governor.Whereas even Uduaghan of Delta State did more and better.
Still Go to places like Abaranje, Ijegun, Bariga, Badagry, Mushin and other dirty places.

You claim to have higher IGR with from taxes, or do you have any natural resources apart from Human resources

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by omofunaab(m): 7:20pm On Dec 22, 2016
wristbangle:

Once Eko Atlantic City construction finishes, all states in Nigeria should forget about catching up with Lagos. States that can get close are Ogun, maybe Anambra ( even at the moment, Ogun state still tip off Anambra).

Ogun state still lacks good policies but if a serious state regime can project solid plans to equip the state with most industries in the country, it has what it takes to come close to lagos.

Am with you on this bro, ogun has the potentials to be great but with good and sustainable policies.

Amosun's first term was good but this second term is full of unnecessary distractions.

When amosun introduced BMT into the transport sector, I was happy because abeokuta needed something like that but taxi drivers in abeokuta threatened amosun that the buses was disturbing their daily income, amosun gave in and within two years that transport policy failed. Now we have hundreds of those buses parked aimlessly at Agbeloba.

Again his education policy was superb, the free education policy of giving out free textbooks and exercise books to both primary and secondary school students..many people withdrew their wards from private schools and enrolled them into public schools. It was good but the policy failed within three years of its commencement .

Again the unified examination policy in ogun state is not working because most teachers are lazy and they don't meet up with the syllabus and also the way the state government organizes the exams is nothing to write home about.
This unified exam is why most ogun public school students are not performing in very well in wassce and neco exams unlike their private counterparts

When i was in secondary school, my school afrograms and others like Abeograms, BBHS, AGGS, IGANMODE grammar school ,Mayflower ikenne, ijebu ode grammar school, ayetoro comprehensive school ,adeola odutola, our lady of apostles etc were competing for honors.. Any of these schools will likely produce best student in wassce exams all over west Africa .

Amosun really need to buckle up and do more and not expect people to praise him for what he is doing just because he feels he is doing better than other state governors. Ogun state indigenes know amosun can still do better than this.

Azin ogun state has the highest limestone deposit in Nigeria and after crude oil, Nigeria's next forex earner is limestone.

2019 ogun state needs someone with vision to continue from wherever amosun stopped.. Probably yayi or any other person with a broad mentality.. .i still prefer YAYI though because i want something similar that am seeing in Lagos and i know my state ogun has the potentials to be greater than what it's currently now

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by Cubeet: 7:26pm On Dec 22, 2016
wristbangle:

Have u been to osogbo of recent? Bros I travel well and I want you to mention 3places in osogbo.

Yenegoa and Ado Ekiti are almost the same.
Brosi have been to Oshogbo, and I reside in Delta.
Warri is far better than Osogbo.
You will only make fool of yourself if you argue with me on that.

Everybody knows that Lagos is the only developed state in SW. Thats why every Afonja claims to be an indigene of Lagos even if he/she hails from the dirty village of Oshogbo

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by Cubeet: 7:27pm On Dec 22, 2016
ladiguy:

Did i mention the bridge was built by the British ?
You just said most of the development and infrastructures was by the British

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by Cubeet: 7:32pm On Dec 22, 2016
Oxtonguy:
Lagos gat second largest reserve of bitumen only following ondo,what about oil men presently techno gas plant is the biggest in africa,and dangote is building a refinery said to be thd biggest in africa
Lagos gat oil, You mean Palm oil for oil soup.
Or oil on papers

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by Rilwayne001: 7:36pm On Dec 22, 2016
Demmzy15:
Kwara nko? grin

Kwara will definitely be in the league of Lagos, Oyo, Ogun and so on, when they are freed from Saraki's grip. embarassed

Only God can save us from his grip sha.

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by wristbangle: 7:47pm On Dec 22, 2016
Cubeet:
Brosi have been to Oshogbo, and I reside in Delta.
Warri is far better than Osogbo.
You will only make fool of yourself if you argue with me on that.

Everybody knows that Lagos is the only developed state in SW. Thats why every Afonja claims to be an indigene of Lagos even if he/she hails from the dirty village of Oshogbo

I have travelled round SS region and I can only give credit to Benin city and PH.

Warri is living on past glory. The place is fast phasing out. Probably u have not visit Ogun (Abeokuta) and Oyo (Ibadan) of recent because I visited your region few weeks ago and everything seems stagnant.

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by Cubeet: 7:50pm On Dec 22, 2016
wristbangle:

I have travelled round SS region and I can only give credit to Benin city and PH.

Warri is living on past glory. The place is fast phasing out. Probably u have not visit Ogun (Abeokuta) and Oyo (Ibadan) of recent because I visited your region few weeks ago and everything seems to be stagnant.
Both Abeokuta and Ibadan combined can't be compared to Warri.

I have travelled round SW and I can only give credit to Lagos. Others are mere shitholes

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by omonnakoda: 7:52pm On Dec 22, 2016
Cubeet:
I was trying to take you serious until I got to "Abuja is not prospering". It shows you havnt been to Abuja .
What does going to Abuja have to do with what we are discussing on this thread.

Tell us what is the GDP of Abuja? What is the IGR of Abuja.

By "Prosper" we are talking of OUTPUT not INPUT . Tell us the economic output of Abuja rather than subject yourself to ridicule? What does going to Abuja have to do with anything? Can Abuja survive?

Before 1999 Lagos never had IGR over 500 million in one month .Now it generates more in ONE DAY. Lagos was not purposed built as a capital and did not have 1/4 of the input Abuja had.
Lagos prospers because it is by the sea.

Tell us the source of Abuja's "prosperity"?

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by wristbangle: 7:59pm On Dec 22, 2016
omofunaab:

Am with you on this bro, ogun has the potentials to be great but with good and sustainable policies.

Amosun's first term was good but this second term is full of unnecessary distractions.

When amosun introduced BMT into the transport sector, I was happy because abeokuta needed something like that but taxi drivers in abeokuta threatened amosun that the buses was disturbing their daily income, amosun gave in and within two years that transport policy failed. Now we have hundreds of those buses parked aimlessly at Agbeloba.

Again his education policy was superb, the free education policy of giving out free textbooks and exercise books to both primary and secondary school students..many people withdrew their wards from private schools and enrolled them into public schools. It was good but the policy failed within three years of its commencement .

Again the unified examination policy in ogun state is not working because most teachers are lazy and they don't meet up with the syllabus and also the way the state government organizes the exams is nothing to write home about.
This unified exam is why most ogun public school students are not performing in very well in wassce and neco exams unlike their private counterparts

When i was in secondary school, my school afrograms and others like Abeograms, BBHS, AGGS, IGANMODE grammar school ,Mayflower ikenne, ijebu ode grammar school, ayetoro comprehensive school ,adeola odutola, our lady of apostles etc were competing for honors.. Any of these schools will likely produce best student in wassce exams all over west Africa .

Amosun really need to buckle up and do more and not expect people to praise him for what he is doing just because he feels he is doing better than other state governors. Ogun state indigenes know amosun can still do better than this.

Azin ogun state has the highest limestone deposit in Nigeria and after crude oil, Nigeria's next forex earner is limestone.

2019 ogun state needs someone with vision to continue from wherever amosun stopped.. Probably yayi or any other person with a broad mentality.. .i still prefer YAYI though because i want something similar that am seeing in Lagos and i know my state ogun has the potentials to be greater than what it's currently now

You are truly an indigene of ogun state. That transport policy that failed is affecting the sector seriously and it's a far cry from what is happening to other states that are making waves in transport sector.

I hope YAYI will be able harness the potential of Ogun state so that rapid development will take place. Imagine if a perfect infrastructural development such as excellent dual carriage roads in Agbara, Olorunsogo power plant road (papa to sagamu interchange), akute-alagbole, sagamu-ogijo - Ikorodu and other areas. This alone will attract much investors and improve our IGR well more than it is now

The 10 lane project Amosun is embarking on (from kuto, Abeokuta- Sagamu) is unnecessary. Roads listed above need urgent renovation.

As regards Education, his policy has totally failed and the earlier the better he retraced his steps.

Heard a shoprite construction is ongoing at Oke -ilewo, na true?

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by wristbangle: 8:01pm On Dec 22, 2016
Cubeet:

I have travelled round SW and I can only give credit to Lagos. Others are mere shitholes

gringringrin

Cc: flyorub and omofunaab. Make una come see this clown.

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by Cubeet: 8:02pm On Dec 22, 2016
omonnakoda:
What does going to Abuja have to do with what we are discussing on this thread.

Tell us what is the GDP of Abuja? What is the IGR of Abuja.

By "Prosper" we are talking of OUTPUT not INPUT . Tell us the economic output of Abuja rather than subject yourself to ridicule? What does going to Abuja have to do with anything? Can Abuja survive?

Before 1999 Lagos never had IGR over 500 million in one month .Now it generates more in ONE DAY. Lagos was not purposed built as a capital and did not have 1/4 of the input Abuja had.
Lagos prospers because it is by the sea.

Tell us the source of Abuja's "prosperity"?
Can Lagos Survive without the Non indigenes?
IGR from where? Tax.

Lagos is a commercial hub and expected to have high IGR. What do you mean by prosper? In terms of Infrastructural development, Abuja is Prospering.

Once more Lagos is nothing without non indigenes and remember it was once a capital city

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by omofunaab(m): 8:03pm On Dec 22, 2016
Cubeet:

Very funny , even a warri indigene can't say the rubbish you are currently saying.

I can't even argue with you on this, e no worth am.

Imagine me arguing abeokuta vs warri or ibadan vs warri.

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by omofunaab(m): 8:04pm On Dec 22, 2016
wristbangle:

gringringrin

The guy no deserve mak person follow am argue

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by Demmzy15(m): 8:05pm On Dec 22, 2016
Rilwayne001:

Kwara will definitely be in the league of Lagos, Oyo, Ogun and so on, when they are freed from Saraki's grip. embarassed

Only God can save us from his grip sha.
Ameen! cry
Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by Cubeet: 8:06pm On Dec 22, 2016
wristbangle:

gringringrin

You mean the dirty city of Ibadan, where you see lotta Faeces packaged in nylon or sack and then dumped on the street.

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by omofunaab(m): 8:06pm On Dec 22, 2016
Cubeet:
IGR from where? Tax.

Lagos is a commercial hub and expected to have high IGR. What do you mean by prosper? In terms of Infrastructural development, Abuja is Prospering.

Once more Lagos is nothing without non indigenes and remember it was once a capital city

Do you think lagos is thriving on dues collected from markets ?

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by wristbangle: 8:07pm On Dec 22, 2016
omofunaab:

The guy no deserve mak person follow am argue

Abi oo bros mi. cool

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by Cubeet: 8:09pm On Dec 22, 2016
omofunaab:

Very funny , even a warri indigene can't say the rubbish you are currently saying.

I can't even argue with you on this, e no worth am.

Imagine me arguing abeokuta vs warri or ibadan vs warri.
You shouldn't even compare the two, apart from Lagos in SW others are trash.
Ibadan ko Idaban ni.
Is it not the Ibadan where you see hundreds of buildings lined up, all brown roofs and badly constructed buildings.

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by Cubeet: 8:10pm On Dec 22, 2016
omofunaab:

Do you think lagos is thriving on dues collected from markets ?
No its thriving from Omo oniles. In fact most of the IGR are from the Agberos

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by asha9: 8:12pm On Dec 22, 2016
At least you can see Anambra on the list. Did you see the dead Abia state there?

Abia state is cursed and dead

No part of Abia state is worth mentioning.

Umuahia is at the same level with Ekwulobia

Aba is a waste bin littered with bad road and filth.

Overall Abia state should be leveled with bulldozer.

Africonji:

Which Anambra? Is it that dirty Onitsha, or the glorified Awka village? Nowhere in Anambra can even match Owerri, Umuahia, Warri, or Port-Harcourt, not to talk of Abuja or Lagos when it comes to development. Stop this deception of yours my friend.

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by Cortana2: 8:12pm On Dec 22, 2016
omofunaab:
Lagos is way ahead of all other states in Nigeria and lagos won't stop growing as long as it remains fully in the hands of progressives

I really don't see any state beating lagos in the nearest future unless lagos itself derails, most states in Nigeria are not focused ,some are spending huge amount of money on media propaganda.

The executive arm of lagos is full of technocrats, dishing out good polices

And don't you think we should thank Asiwaju for that?

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by Princewell2012(m): 8:13pm On Dec 22, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

Vision can do it. Even Lagos has not articulated vision. It is just a product of accidental fortune. Nigeria as a whole lack vision for development.

If I may ask, what is Lagos vision for the next 10 year with realistic goals.

Infact God almighty will surely bless you for this comment, i would not have said it better than this. Atleast you have saved me a whole lots of energy trying to correct him.

If not because of the white people that developed Lagos, lagos would have still be like other state s in nigeria or even worst. The white draws the plans and all the engineering and the achtechtical works were done by them. All what we were just doing is, was mere maintenance, nothing more.

Ok look at oshodi for example, before and now. Do you think there were any serious work been done there? What fashola did was just to destroyed all the illegal Structures and shops and drove away those selling on the road side, that is all. The only thing i notice which was just different is the planting of flowers. But in the area of infrastructures there is no different from the ways oyinbos left it. Look at the case of electricity, did you notice any changes? Like you rightly said any state with vision will beat Lagos hands down. Unfortunately nigerian lack that vision. And it is pathetic. Thank you once again.

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by Antina(f): 8:16pm On Dec 22, 2016
zuchyblink:
Lagos wasn't made by Lagosians alone but by Nigeria and Nigerians

Who asked u? undecided

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by RockHard: 8:18pm On Dec 22, 2016
Cubeet:
IGR from where? Tax.

Wow! You are a genius. You just figured out the secret to the success of Lagos, which according to you are non-indigenes. cheesy But what can Anambra and other SE states do to attract these all-important non-indigenes since they are so crucial to prosperity and success? Nna eh, SE is in deep shyt o because even the natives are fleeing that entire region in droves, not to talk of non-indigenes flooding the place like they do the SW, the best side. cheesy . Omo, i don't think there's any hope for you guys ever developing o. God punish erosion. cheesy

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by Noneroone(m): 8:20pm On Dec 22, 2016
See them beating their chests over lagos.

Doesnt it bother yorubas that the only product of their supposedly hardwork is lagos. The same lagos that has been the capital of Nigeria since colonial times, the same lagos that has the been the headquarters of many corporate organisations like waec, ascon etc banks, oil companies, embassies, Igbo owned markets like Alaba, Balogun etc the same lagos where some key federal institutions have their headquarters. The same lagos whose seaport and airport through delibrate fed govt policies, robbed other seaports and airports of patronage.

They even boast of being liberal and crime free yet lagos crime record is worst in the country while UN declared the SE the best place to live.
The day Nigeria's dysfunctional politics of development removes the economic monopoly it places on lagos, it will fall back to the present ghost-mode status Ibadan enjoys notwithstanding its geographical location. If yorubas are peaceful why is lagos still their only city. Why does Igboland have the most modern, emmerging, flourishing cities in the country?

They know this thats why they
clutch desperately to 'one nigeria'

but their cup will soon full

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Ambode Visits Scene Of Iyana Ipaja Inferno (Photos) / Soyinka Blasts Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings / "Buhari, Forget Pride And Go To Anambra For Knowledge" - Ben Bruce

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95