Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,011 members, 7,810,802 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:46 PM

Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? (37441 Views)

See How Nigerian States Rank In Terms Of Progress / Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Hit $47 Billion - Surpass That Of South Africa by $4b / Filthy Lagos In Pictures: What Every Part Of Lagos Now Have In Common (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by forgiveness: 4:58pm On Dec 22, 2016
36STATES:

The money FG has spent shoring up V.I from the ocean is more than enough to start a new state. If FG hands FCT to Niger state today, they cannot claim to have built it. Lagos was built by the federal government, not tinubu or fashola's skill.

What is the use of spending money and leaving it to rot?

That was what the FG did to Lagos, They left it to rot but Tinubu brought Lagos State out of the ruins and made it what it is today.

Besides, which money is FG spending to shore up VI? Is FG the one sandfilling Eko Atlantic city?

Some parts of Lagos was built by FG but definitely not Ikeja, Maryland, Anthony, Ilupeju, Lekki, Ikorodu, Badagry, Banana Island Ikoyi, Eko Atlantic city etc. Those places where built by the Western region government, individuals and Current Lagos State government. grin

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by denziz: 5:01pm On Dec 22, 2016
J
Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by kokomilala(m): 5:02pm On Dec 22, 2016
Lagos ranks in the same league as cities as London, New York, Tokyo, Beijing, Amsterdam etc. in terms of its pull of people from everywhere in the world.In terms of infrastructure development, no! And that's stating the obvious.But, one cannot deny its potentials.If anything, it would take a lifetime to displace Lagos as the number one city, I dare say, in West Africa.It's the heartbeat of West Africa.It controls 98 % of investments flowing into Nigeria.Ranked as the 5th biggest economy in Africa.Just like California can't be easily displaced as commercial heartbeat of America, Lagos would not be easily displaced from this throne.In short, pretenders should mind the gap.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by Horlufemi(m): 5:05pm On Dec 22, 2016
mmsen:

You make a good point but healthy internal competition is a good thing.

Nigeria needs multiple hubs of economic activity - to take the strain away from Lagos but also to spread development and push back against some the stupid behaviors that are endemic in places like the North or the rural areas all over the country.

No need for competition. we should harness or strengths and mitigate our weaknesses as a people.

All I want is each Geo political zone have at least one developed area like Lagos if not more.

the development in Lagos is still mediocre compared to other countries.

In the US you can move from one city to the other without missing a thing (maybe friends). Places like Aba, Kano, Abeokuta, Owerri etc should be centres of commerce.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by ba7man(m): 5:09pm On Dec 22, 2016
36STATES:

The money FG has spent shoring up V.I from the ocean is more than enough to start a new state. If FG hands FCT to Niger state today, they cannot claim to have built it. Lagos was built by the federal government, not tinubu or fashola's skill.
Thousands of people visit this site daily, think before spewing lies on it.

Who told you it was the FG that stopped V.I from being washed away?

You sit faraway in the south east or wherever you are and lie about what some people witnessed personally.

10 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by aranlakkyman: 5:20pm On Dec 22, 2016
betterABIAstate:
you too dey look for trouble

I'll remind you oo.
Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by jaydee87(m): 5:27pm On Dec 22, 2016
the question should be which other state will grow and make Nigeria great not comparing states cos seriously that what we need togetherness not competition, look at the lake rice for example combination of lagos and kebbi state. we can av ogim garri Ogun and IMO, and so on...preach unity not competition..

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by betterABIAstate: 5:29pm On Dec 22, 2016
aranlakkyman:

I'll remind you oo.
remind me what?
Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Dec 22, 2016
And you forgot to mention Kwara? If Dubai da village in desert can transformed to a mega city, who say Kwara Ilorin precisely can not match Lagos? #teamoptimism#
Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by hoodedjaystrim(m): 5:39pm On Dec 22, 2016
Ajehswag:
I really hope my state, Edo state will be that state but what do you guys think

1. Anambra state

2. Ogun state 

3  Rivers state

4. Enugu state

5. Edo state

6. Delta state 

7. Akwa ibom state

8. Cross river state

9. Imo state 

10. Kaduna state

11. Kano state

that bolded state doh cool

2 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by skedman(m): 5:41pm On Dec 22, 2016
zuchyblink:
Lagos will not come close to Akwa Ibom and other Niger Delta state if we practice fiscal federalism.Lagos wasn't made by Lagosians alone but by Nigeria and Nigerians
please keep that mouth shot , true federalism indeed, what have you done with the resources given to you. Despite the fact that you people own a ministry, share the same allocation with lagos state,got multi national companies campared to lagos state yet, no growth and development but you people are good at celebrating corrupt leaders e.g jonathan,ibori etc even if true federalism exist I can bet it with all I got that, there will be no growth and development. The basic problem is just education, 80 percent of their population never went to school, the few that went to school are either in lagos or abroad. That means 80 percent of the population are militant . An apartment that have many rats living in it , can it be attractive or beautiful. The truth is always bitter . They need an educational revolution

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by bigass123(m): 5:43pm On Dec 22, 2016
You're so correct bro... The indigenous people of The Americas are the Pre-Columbian aborigines or the Ameri-indians.
What have become of them today. Let's learn from history.

Horlufemi:
All tribal e-lords are idiots, no exceptions.

Instead of us to come together and uplift Africa we are fighting each other.

Have you ever asked yourselves what happened to all the Native Indians in America? They killed themselves and their land was taken.

Continue. Idiots
Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by masseratti: 5:45pm On Dec 22, 2016
zuchyblink:
Lagos will not come close to Akwa Ibom and other Niger Delta state if we practice fiscal federalism.Lagos wasn't made by Lagosians alone but by Nigeria and Nigerians
Lagos had nothing to do with Nigerians, it was the colony of Lagos and protectorate of Nigeria. If you guys don't know, that's why Lagos was, is, and will be always different.

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by danidee10(m): 5:46pm On Dec 22, 2016
Blood of Zachariah !!! shocked

Yesu!! shocked

Who put IMO state on that list .....IMO state is the worst place I've ever been to in my life.

Nothing is going on in that place....the only thing they can boast off is hotels and keke napep.
Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by Jahbles93: 5:48pm On Dec 22, 2016
Ask BBC Africa...
Ajehswag:
I really hope my state, Edo state will be that state but what do you guys think

1. Anambra state

2. Ogun state 

3  Rivers state

4. Enugu state

5. Edo state

6. Delta state 

7. Akwa ibom state

8. Cross river state

9. Imo state 

10. Kaduna state

11. Kano state

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by danidee10(m): 5:51pm On Dec 22, 2016
MichaelRJ:
if igbo leave lagos, is gona be a waste land, we igbo made lagos what it is today

Oya leave na....who u epp undecided

2 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by Cubeet: 5:52pm On Dec 22, 2016
omonnakoda:
Explain how and why Lagos never prospered when it was capital. Explain why Abuja that has been capital for 25 years is not prospering.
This Is nothing to do with Capital and everything to do with Good government
I was trying to take you serious until I got to "Abuja is not prospering". It shows you havnt been to Abuja .
Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by bakynes(m): 5:52pm On Dec 22, 2016
Cubeet:
This shows you have not once moved out of your region to other region just like every other omo oniles.
Anyways those you think are enriching lagos are also enriching themselves and their communities back home.

Lagos without non indigene is equivalent to Osun state
That is why your so called Igbo states will never get it right like Lagos.

You guys are too hostile to foreigners you don't sell lands to them that is why your region has refused to develop.

Great cities all over the world has huge population of foreigners and that is why they are great.

Take a cue from Lagos and other world cities welcome other Nigerians and foreigners to your land and watch your Anambra develop into a great city but if I may guess I doubt if you tribalistic Igbo tribe will ever allow it. It is a taboo to sell lands to other Nigerians or foreigners except the state govt is directly involved.

7 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by Cubeet: 5:54pm On Dec 22, 2016
ladiguy:

Lagos island,Ikoyi and Victoria island were developed by the British, while mainland particularly the Ikeja industrial zone and and other zones were controlled by western region . Go read history before you comment .
You mean those areas were developed by the British with modern facilities.
Even Third Mainland bridge was developed by the British too
Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by danidee10(m): 5:54pm On Dec 22, 2016
musakanti:
Edo will carry last because after Benin (just 3LGAs) the rest na forest. Why other states go develop faster na because their capital dey for center geographically but edo of dey for down down and before you reach up up na Bush Bush forest everywhere where winch and wizard dey do meeting. I Jst sorry for bini because all dia youth Don go Italy for slavery work.

Hahahaha

Tru talk sha.....too much bush dey dat side

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by killsmith(f): 5:57pm On Dec 22, 2016
ayodejijoshua:
Ekiti
ekiti wey fayose dey use cooked beans and rice win election?....

2 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by Cubeet: 5:58pm On Dec 22, 2016
bakynes:

That is why your so called Igbo states will never get it right like Lagos.

You guys are too hostile to foreigners you don't sell lands to them that is why your region has refused to develop.

Great cities all over the world has huge population of foreigners and that is why they are great.

Take a cue from Lagos and other world cities welcome other Nigerians and foreigners to your land and watch your Anambra develop into a great city but if I may guess I doubt if you tribalistic Igbo tribe will ever allow it. It is a taboo to sell lands to other Nigerians or foreigners except the state govt is directly involved.
Lagos is a no man's land. Non indigenes developed lagos.
Lagos is the only developed state in Sw.
You can't compare porthacourt with Abeokuta, Or can you compare warri with Oshogbo. Have you been to Yenogoa

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by Cubeet: 6:02pm On Dec 22, 2016
veraponpo:

Abuja has been Nigeria's Capital for more than 25 years now (actively) yet it is far from being close to Lagos.

Lagos is endowed.

Human and Natural resources.

There is sea. There is ocean with aquatic beings.

Many things that money cannot buy.

Lagos is blessed.
Mention just two natural resources in Lagos.
You are very wrong if you say Abj is not developing at a very fast rate.
Abj is by far clean than Lagos.
Lagos is endowed with what? Population or Business men or hardworking non indegenes who pay task

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by egokudiowomoney: 6:05pm On Dec 22, 2016
it is when the remaining 35 states come together and form one state, that is when I can comment on the topic

2 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by Demmzy15(m): 6:09pm On Dec 22, 2016
Rilwayne001:

Oyo? Maybe sha, but Ogun is more likely.
Kwara nko? grin
Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by Oxtonguy: 6:12pm On Dec 22, 2016
Lagos the most expensive city in africa https://techpoint.ng/2016/08/09/lagos-launch-startup/ Lagos the second best city in africa following johhanesberg http://pulse.ng/gist/lagos-megacity-ranks-30th-in-list-of-cities-of-the-world-for-quality-of-life-ld5654809.html now tell me any other city or state that has potentail closer to that grin

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by Oxtonguy: 6:16pm On Dec 22, 2016
Cubeet:
Mention just two natural resources in Lagos.
You are very wrong if you say Abj is not developing at a very fast rate.
Abj is by far clean than Lagos.
Lagos is endowed with what? Population or Business men or hardworking non indegenes who pay task
Lagos gat second largest reserve of bitumen only following ondo,what about oil men presently techno gas plant is the biggest in africa,and dangote is building a refinery said to be thd biggest in africa

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by B2mario(m): 6:25pm On Dec 22, 2016
kITATITA:

Ogun; if well governed with good policies. Ogun can benefit from proximity to Lagos and sea.
you are right
Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by bakynes(m): 6:27pm On Dec 22, 2016
Cubeet:
Lagos is a no man's land. Non indigenes developed lagos.
You can't compare porthacourt with Abeokuta, Or can you compare warri with Oshogbo. Have you been to Yenogoa
See this Osu igbo you think you are talking to a Yoruba Man that doesn't travel across Nigeria. Yenegoa is the worst state capital in Nigeria and you compare it to Oshogbo. Warri fine is OK but has lost its glory since militancy took over.

I don't think you know the difference btw contributions and Administration.
The Lagos state Governor, deputy,law makers, civil servants, commissioners and other administrators are Yoruba and they are the one doing all the works of construction and urban planning so who do you think developed the state the most.

I cannot excuse the contribution of foreigners especially Foreign nationals but when the FG abandoned Lagos where places like Oshodi where den of criminals, when all the streets where littered in waste and rubbish who brought Lagos back to its present status? The Lagos Administartors( Tinubu,Fashola and Ambode) so please shut up if you were too young to remember the Old Lagos when FG abandoned it to rot.

8 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by wristbangle: 6:41pm On Dec 22, 2016
Cubeet:
[s]Lagos is a no man's land. Non indigenes developed lagos.
You can't compare porthacourt with Abeokuta, Or can you compare warri with Oshogbo. Have you been to Yenogoa[/s]

Thrash! Yenegoa is just a linear settlement. Ovom and co just seems cool outside but when u enter, the houses are not well planned.

Warri is just living on past glory, just look at refinery road beside the shoprite roundabout, the road is abysmal.

How can u compare PH to Abeokuta when u know PH enjoys 13% derivative over the years and Abeokuta is an administrative city. Between with the current development in d city, it will definitely compete with PH.

3 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by yemzone(m): 6:46pm On Dec 22, 2016
I dont think there will be , it ll be difficult though my state - OYO wasnt even among the options.
Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by ladiguy(m): 6:46pm On Dec 22, 2016
Cubeet:
You mean those areas were developed by the British with modern facilities.
Even Third Mainland bridge was developed by the British too

You be baby. The bridge was by the FGN.
So?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

APC Presidential Screening: What Was Tinubu Saying Here? (Video) / Kennedy Izuagbe, MD Of Saraki’s Company Declared Wanted By EFCC / Surrendered Repentant Boko Haram Terrorists Go On Violent Riot Over Cow Meat

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.