Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,130 members, 7,811,193 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:55 AM

Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? (37456 Views)

See How Nigerian States Rank In Terms Of Progress / Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Hit $47 Billion - Surpass That Of South Africa by $4b / Filthy Lagos In Pictures: What Every Part Of Lagos Now Have In Common (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by RockHard: 8:24pm On Dec 22, 2016
Noneroone:
See them beating their chests over lagos.

Doesnt it bother yorubas that the only product of their supposedly hardwork is lagos. The same lagos that has been the capital of Nigeria since colonial times, the same lagos that has the been the headquarters of many corporate organisations like waec, ascon etc banks, oil companies, embassies, Igbo owned markets like Alaba, Balogun etc the same lagos where some key federal institutions have their headquarters. The same lagos whose seaport and airport through delibrate fed govt policies, robbed other seaports and airports of patronage.

They even boast of being liberal and crime free yet lagos crime record is worst in the country while UN declared the SE the best place to live.
The day Nigeria's dysfunctional politics of development removes the economic monopoly it places on lagos, it will fall back to the present ghost-mode status Ibadan enjoys notwithstanding its geographical location. If yorubas are peaceful why is lagos still their only city. Why does Igboland have the most modern, emmerging, flourishing cities in the country?

They know this thats why they
clutch desperately to 'one nigeria'

but their cup will soon full

Lol. The erosion-ravaged SE cities are only the 'most modern and flourishing' in the deluded minds of you flatti.es. cheesy If you all are so well off why are you emigrating to other 'less flourishing' parts of the country as economic migrants?? Sotay una begin fight over Eze Ndigbo title for Ibadan. Flourishing and most modern my a$$. grin grin grin

15 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by asha9: 8:27pm On Dec 22, 2016
Why is my own Abia state not on the list? Who cursed Abia state?

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by omofunaab(m): 8:29pm On Dec 22, 2016
wristbangle:

You are truly an indigene of ogun state. That transport policy that failed is affecting the sector seriously and it's a far cry from what is happening to other states that are making waves in transport sector.

I hope YAYI will be able harness the potential of Ogun state so that rapid development will take place. Imagine if a perfect infrastructural development such as excellent dual carriage roads in Agbara, Olorunsogo power plant road (papa to sagamu interchange), akute-alagbole, sagamu-ogijo - Ikorodu and other areas. This alone will attract much investors and improve our IGR well more than it is now

The 10 lane project Amosun is embarking on (from kuto, Abeokuta- Sagamu) is unnecessary. Roads listed above need urgent renovation.

As regards Education, his policy has totally failed and the earlier the better he retraced his steps.

Heard a shoprite construction is ongoing at Oke -ilewo, na true?

Yes a shoprite is currently being constructed in oke ilewo business zone of abeokuta, opposite iwe iroyin house.. To be honest amosun did well in road construction in abeokuta metropolis and he did some federal roads too except for ago ika -adatan federal road which he left untouched but i heard he is doing palliative on it now.

Amosun biggest problem is distraction, jumping upandan creating enemies for himself, going to every state to campaign.

Another problem of amosun is "how to spend "
When you have roads like you mentioned not yet completed then you embarked on another one at the rate of 60 billion. .he needs to finish that Akute road. .and ogun needs rail system that can transport people and goods from abeokuta to Lagos in less than two hours.

People should reside in ogun, oyo, osun,ondo,ekiti ,Lagos and work wherever they want to and only a good rail project will make this happen..

I expect all south west states to benefit from lagos economy, we need to expand lagos economy so states like ogun, oyo, osun etc can benefit. This is the kind of meeting i expect south West governors to be holding and not how to form one stupid alliance for 2019.

Recently amosun bought SUV for all grade B kings at the rate of 26 million each.. .that's another misplaced priority, if you are telling the workers to exercise patience that we are in a recession why can't royal fathers also exercise much more patience. This shows amosun is distracted with 2019 and doing all his best to solidify his grip on ogun hence the reckless spending.

But thankGod for the good news yesterday because if we criticize and they heed, we must talk about it..
Amosun paid six months cooperatives deduction yesterday and also arears of pensions and gratuities, he has also paid December salary.

But as a good citizen of the state, I know amosun can still do better than what he's doing and he should stop comparing himself with other non performing states..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by asha9: 8:30pm On Dec 22, 2016
Where is Abia state in your list?

That we do not have road does not mean you should not include us.

That are state is damn filthy is not the reason you should not include us.

Ajehswag:
I really hope my state, Edo state will be that state but what do you guys think

1. Anambra state

2. Ogun state 

3  Rivers state

4. Enugu state

5. Edo state

6. Delta state 

7. Akwa ibom state

8. Cross river state

9. Imo state 

10. Kaduna state

11. Kano state

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by Africonji: 8:31pm On Dec 22, 2016
asha9:
At least you can see Anambra on the list. Did you see the dead Abia state there?

Abia state is cursed and dead

No part of Abia state is worth mentioning.

Umuahia is at the same level with Ekwulobia

Aba is a waste bin littered with bad road and filth.

Overall Abia state should be leveled with bulldozer.

[s][/s]

And who are you trying to deceive with those OLD pictures? Everybody here knows those are old pictures. Those roads have been fixed by OVI and are certainly more durable and long-lasting than anything your drunkard governor has built so far. Infact chino, i can bet you they will last longer than those substandard flyovers at Onitsha and Awka.

3 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by asha9: 8:31pm On Dec 22, 2016
Africonji where didn;t they include our Abia state?

Why?

Is it because our state is cursed?

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by omonnakoda: 8:32pm On Dec 22, 2016
Cubeet:
Can Lagos Survive without the Non indigenes?
IGR from where? Tax.

Lagos is a commercial hub and expected to have high IGR. What do you mean by prosper? In terms of Infrastructural development, Abuja is Prospering.

Once more Lagos is nothing without non indigenes and remember it was once a capital city
No honestly Lagos will not be as prosperous without non indigenes and that is why it welcomes them but it will SURVIVE it just won't be as prosperous.

That has nothing to do with the post you quoted unless you have comprehension problems. Lagos is better off now than it ever was when it was capital.Why is Abuja that had billions pumped into it not prospering. Clearly it is not about being capital but population.

So why are the population drawn to Lagos? It is partly the port but also vision.

Now let me explain to those who are ignorant and keep making noise.

LAGOS STATE WAS NEVER THE CAPITAL OF NIGERIA>

LAGOS CITY WAS

Lagos state was created in 1967. Before that there was an FCT which was federal area with federal Ministers one of whom was Yar'aduas father. Lagos FCT comprised Lagos Islan,Victoria Island,Ikoyi, Lagos Mainland up to somewhere around IdiOro.

Places like Mushin Ikeja(including the airport) , Orile Agege, Oshodi,Shomolu Palm Grove Epe Badagry were in the Western Region.

The industrial estates in Ikeja were developed in the Western Region by Awolowo to take advantage of proximity to Lagos Port.

IKEJA WAS NEVER FEDERAL CAPITAL TERRITORY it was Western Region. IKEJA BEFORE 1967 WAS GOVERNED FROM IBADAN

Airport Hotel just up the road from Computer village belongs to Odu'a investment company. It is n Awolowo Legacy. It is a Western Region Legacy.

Please point to any enduring legacies from the Eastern or Northern Regions

Next time you start parroting Lagos was capital just remember ..

LAGOS STATE WAS NEVER THE CAPITAL OF NIGERIA

A part of Lagos state was the FCT not the whole state.

Now that FCT has left the state is doing BETTER THAN IT EVER DID as host to the FCT why?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by Cubeet: 8:32pm On Dec 22, 2016
RockHard:

Wow! You are a genius. You just figured out the secret to the success of Lagos, which according to you are non-indigenes. cheesy But what can Anambra and other SE states do to attract these all-important non-indigenes since they are so crucial to prosperity and success? Nna eh, SE is in deep shyt o because even the natives are fleeing that entire region in droves, not to talk of non-indigenes flooding the place fir the SW, the best side. cheesy . Omo, i don't think there's any hope for you guys ever developing o. God punish erosion. cheesy
Clap for yourself.
I know you have not in anyway left your region its obvious.
No Erosion in SW, wao that must be the only region in Nigeria where there are no erosion (Clap for yourself) I have pictures to show you, Erosion in Lagos, Ogun, Oyo and Osun..
You say they are running out of the region? Very funny.
But why do they make it a must to have atleast building in their village.
Why is Lagos the only port working well in Nigeria?.
Lemme make this fact clear, They are moving to Lagos to make money as its a commercial hub.

Apart from Lagos, nobody give a f*** about other states in your region.

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Dec 22, 2016
ALMUSTAQIM:
THE CORRECT ONLY ANSWER IS OGUN STATE

THE LARGEST STATE IN SOUTH WEST

THE MOST POPULOUS STATE IN SOUTH WEST

THE MOST EDUCATIONALLY ADVANCED STATE IN SOUTH WEST

THE STATE THAT PRODUCED ALL PAST & PRESENT PRESIDENTS & VICE PRESIDENTS FROM SOUTH WEST

THE GATEWAY STATE

MY STATE

The most populous in the SW?! Seriously?

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by asha9: 8:33pm On Dec 22, 2016
I will make NL very hot for you henceforth..LOL

What i am posting are recent pictures of Aba from last few weeks..

Tell this forum how many centuries shall it take your cursed Abia state to have this sort of infrastructure?

Why are you bitter with your life? Are we responsible for Abia state being dead?

Why are you envious that Awka is now the Dubai of the East? why?

[s]
Africonji:

And who are you trying to deceive with those OLD pictures? Everybody here knows those are old pictures. Those roads have been fixed by OVI and are certainly more durable and long-lasting than anything your drunkard governor has built so far. Infact chino, i can bet you they will last longer than those substandard flyovers at Onitsha and Awka.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by ladiguy(m): 8:36pm On Dec 22, 2016
Cubeet:
You just said most of the development and infrastructures was by the British

NOPE.

2 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by asha9: 8:36pm On Dec 22, 2016
Africonji see dates of pictures from Aba.

Abia state truly cursed

2 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by ODVanguard: 8:36pm On Dec 22, 2016
Noneroone:

Wait, are those pictures being displayed up there by your kinsmen from the same 'flourishing and modern' cities in your region? grin Lord have mercy!

10 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by middlebelter(m): 8:40pm On Dec 22, 2016
The state should be Kogi State if they have visionary leader
Get Ajaokuta Iron and Steel Industry to work, that implies Itakpe Mining Ore will work employing about 200,000 people. Get the Inland Port to work in Lokoja. It implies most light cargo heading for the North will Bath at Lokoja. Get the road network to function and develop new ones linking west and east of Niger-Benue from Lokoja. Develop the crude mining capabily of the state to reasonable volume and then engage in massive farming in both West and East Senatorial zones. Huge potential for Agric, Mining, Tourism, Iron and Steel etc. But the giant has been sleeping.

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by Africonji: 8:41pm On Dec 22, 2016
asha9:
I will make NL very hot for you henceforth..LOL

What i am posting are recent pictures from last few weeks..

Tell this forum how many centuries shall it take your cursed Abia state to have this sort of infrastructure?

[s][/s]

You are nothing but an embarrassment to your state Chino. I shake my head for you because everybody here knows that you are a lunatic old fooool. Everyone knows that those pictures are old and don't even near the true picture on ground in Aba. While OVI is busy building super highways, you are here behaving like an animal that just escaped from a zoo. See your life? I will not stoop to your level because this forum will not contain me and you if i decide to disgrace you with pictures, but i am more mature than you even though you are old enough to be my grand-father. Old foooool.

2 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by SUBWAY101(m): 8:41pm On Dec 22, 2016
ikennaf1:
If Anambra government can make the state attractive and welcoming to university graduates in terms of making policies that will encourage investors to build companies and therefore employ people, Anambrarians, most especially the graduates would stay more at home and will top Lagos in just a matter of years. [size=14pt]lagos isn't that much ahead of Anambra[/size].

Buhahaha WTF

4 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by asha9: 8:44pm On Dec 22, 2016
Each time I pass Aba, I always deny being Igbo. I was traveling with my Spannish friends and we got to Aba en route Calabar and they asked me where is this I had to tell them that it is the regional dumpsite. But one said that he can see people eating and drinking. I told him that they are workers at the duimpsite. This happened feb this year.

4 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by raphy(m): 8:47pm On Dec 22, 2016
This land is not for sale buyers beware.
grin I de come build my house for Lagos.
Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by asha9: 8:48pm On Dec 22, 2016
Hopeless nitwit..

Look at this pictures of Abia state again.

Look at the dates...kikikiki

You have nothing on us no wonder you have no picture to fight back

Abia is cursed

[s]
Africonji:

You are nothing but an embarrassment to your state Chino. I shake my head for you because everybody here knows that you are a lunatic old fooool. Everyone knows that those pictures are old and don't even near the true picture on ground in Aba. While OVI is busy building super highways, you are here behaving like an animal that just escaped from a zoo. See your life? I will not stoop to your level because this forum will not contain me and you if i decide to disgrace you with pictures, but i am more mature than you even though you are old enough to be my grand-father. Old foooool.
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by asha9: 8:50pm On Dec 22, 2016
This is the new face of Abia state with dates..

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by asha9: 8:52pm On Dec 22, 2016
Africonji our state Abia is finished

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by RockHard: 8:53pm On Dec 22, 2016
Cubeet:

Apart from Lagos, nobody give a f*** about other states in your region.

LMAO! Boy stfu. You are an ignorant fowl. Your people can never make it unless they emigrate especially to the SW (the best side). What you wrote up there has exposed your foolishness and ignorance.

Was that not why 3 of your kinsmen were ready to kill each other over who becomes the Eze Ndigbo in Oyo state? Or why your kinsmen refused to leave Akure after their leader was flogged silly at the Deji's palace? The more you talk the more stupidd you sound, for real.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/three-factions-contesting-eze-ndigbo-title-in-oyo/

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/191989-ndigbo-in-akure-eats-humble-pie-begs-deji-over-misconduct-of-eze.html

7 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by OYAY(m): 8:54pm On Dec 22, 2016
Ajehswag:

Fact! go to countries like USA and see how places like Texas has greatly transformed but here in Nigeria its the other way round...

yet we are forced to continue with a constitution that was designed by the aboki majority during the military and post military era

What is the fact there? If the constitution does not favour your state how does it favours Lagos state? Is Lagos developing from resource control of or 13% derivation? You people are just too hypocritic in nature; if your governors since 1999 has been proactive and visionary like the father of modern Lagos were you will not be lamenting like this. Hence gear up your leaders and followers to be serious minded not to be celebrating corruption as it is been witness in Ibori's case yesterday!

5 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by computerwiz2: 8:57pm On Dec 22, 2016
abia state is a mess if na like this
Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by omonnakoda: 8:59pm On Dec 22, 2016
@ Topic the one state that truly has the potential to surpass Lagos is Akwa bom.Unfortunately it does not have exposed or visionary leaders
Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by SUBWAY101(m): 8:59pm On Dec 22, 2016
MichaelRJ:
if igbo leave lagos, is gona be a waste land, we igbo made lagos what it is today

Lmaoo. Yet your dungeon land is in ruins and you guys run away from there daily. Chestbeating jokers.

8 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by asha9: 8:59pm On Dec 22, 2016
computerwiz2:

You dey misyarn, Abia state is already dead. The state need to be nuked by the Russians to save Nigeria this disgrace of a state

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by Africonji: 9:01pm On Dec 22, 2016
computerwiz2:

The asha9 fellow is a foolish lunatic. Those pictures are mostly fake. The real ones are old and don't reflect the true state of things on ground. Please just ignore him.

3 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by computerwiz2: 9:04pm On Dec 22, 2016
Africonji:

The asha9 fellow is a foolish lunatic. Those pictures are mostly fake. The real ones are old and don't reflect the true state of things on ground. Please just ignore him.

i don't think so. those pictures are recent. look at the date in that newspaper. there is no need to be covering the mess up. just go and talk to your governor.

7 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by asha9: 9:05pm On Dec 22, 2016
Abia state is in chains and nobody can unchain it unless Orji returns to the shrine where he chained the state..

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by asha9: 9:06pm On Dec 22, 2016
computerwiz2:

i don't think so. those pictures are recent. look at the date in that newspaper. there is no need to be covering the mess up. just go and talk to your governor.

Don't be deceived by anybody. At least you can see the dates.......... cheesy

Re: Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? by asha9: 9:08pm On Dec 22, 2016
There's no government in Abia state. Every where is messed up..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Abiy Ahmed Drives Buhari On Arrival In Addis Ababa / Early Pictures From Anambra State Governorship Election / LP Supporter’s Hand Amputated After Attack At Obi’s Lagos Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.