Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,981 members, 7,810,728 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:59 PM

Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain (14360 Views)

See Gov Fayose Dancing After Winning all The Elections In Ekiti / House Of Representative Aspirant Dumps PDP For APC After Winning Primary / How Lagos Broke Its Own Laws On Deportation - Femi Falana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by Mekana(m): 5:54am On Dec 15, 2009
The British system is full of anarchronisms and their problems lies essentially in their legal system - unwritten constitution and conventions. Shame on Britian. I heard they even deport or revoke some naturalized Britons, especially if they are dark skinned. Am glad the Germans crushed their economy, built on slave labor. bastards!!
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by blueheart(m): 6:48am On Dec 15, 2009
Sad
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by Nobody: 7:07am On Dec 15, 2009
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by sayso: 7:15am On Dec 15, 2009
and if he is a white Briton, will he be deported to where?in the mean time let the guy come back to him papa land.
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by elaojukan: 7:38am On Dec 15, 2009
If he had refrained from committing crimes, issues of deportation wouldnt have arrived
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by texazzpete(m): 7:53am On Dec 15, 2009
Mekana:

The British system is full of anarchronisms and their problems lies essentially in their legal system - unwritten constitution and conventions. Shame on Britian. I heard they even deport or revoke some naturalized Britons, especially if they are dark skinned. Am glad the Germans crushed their economy, built on slave labor. bastards!!

No. Shame on you for not being intelligent enough to comprehend or appreciate the HARD FACTS being placed on the discussion table by Sauron, eldee and Siena.
This is how you rabble start claiming that Nigeria's problems come from our 'corrupt leaders'. Meanwhile people like you see nothing wrong in breaking the law.
The man got what he had coming to him. Simple as that. Truth be told, he does not deserve our pity!
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by Kx: 8:12am On Dec 15, 2009
Who could kindly shed light on this plz.

When this disable was representing britain in sports competitions,
which passport was he carrying.
(a)Nigerian?
(b)Britain?
(c)No passport at all?
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by okunoba(m): 8:15am On Dec 15, 2009
I personally don`t think he should be deported, the crime doesn`t fit the punishment. I agree he could have killed someone by jumping the red light, but the reality is he didn`t. He should stay based on compassionate ground, with a warning of deportation next time he breaks the law.

To correct few errors on this thread,
1.driving under the influence means u have had too much to drink over the limit allowed to drive. U can drink and drive as long as it`s not over the limit.
2.Driving while disqualified is a criminal offence liable to a prison sentence.
3.U can be deported if convicted of a serious crime or u are serial offender.
4.U can be made to appear in court 4 driving violetions depending on the violations,  no insurance, mot and car defects can land u in court.
5.Athletes who have had residence in a country for at least three consecutive years, can represent the country.(IAAF rules)            . 

Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by AngieFan(f): 8:18am On Dec 15, 2009
you must be a citizen of a country before you can represent them in any international sporting event,
the country you are about to represent must show your passport to the appropiate sport governing body.
dragging urself to the screening whatever makes no meaning.
It depends on the games.

If it is a big international tournament like the Olympics or the World Championships then I suspect that one must prove citizenship before being allowed to compete and there are some where it is not required. In any case when an Athlete competes in the UK they get funding, professional training and healthcare and so it is not like Onwubiko or whatever his name is competed out of the graciousness of his heart and love of Britain. The man received a lot of benefits in return for competing and he alone chose to compete, he wasn't forced.

Anyway it is also not like he fought for Britain in the Falklands and should be given special treatment. (Even army veterans don't get special treatment) He competed because he wanted to and was allowed. He chose to represent Britain probably because of the benefits of doing so. I am sure if Nigeria offered similar benefits to their Athletes, he would have rather competed for his home country.

Someone mentioned Idowu, the long jump champion and Christine Ohurugu, the 400m champion. Different kettle of fish as these athletes were born and raised in the UK unlike Onwubiko who has only spent 12 of his 42 years in the country.

Anyway Onwubiko is free to take his gold medals with him to Nigeria. grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by MrCrackles(m): 8:24am On Dec 15, 2009
AngieFan:

Someone mentioned Idowu, the long jump champion and Christine Ohurugu, the 400m champion. Different kettle of fish as these athletes were born and raised in the UK unlike Onwubiko who has only spent 12 of his 42 years in the country.

Anyway Onwubiko is free to take his gold medals with him to Nigeria. grin grin grin
The difference. . . . .Peach wink
He can take his medals to Nigeria if they deport him eventually
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by AngieFan(f): 8:36am On Dec 15, 2009
He can run all the red lights he wants to in Nigeria and one doesn't need 5 gold medals to do so. grin grin grin.
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by ichommy(m): 8:42am On Dec 15, 2009
very sad, use and dump.
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by MrCrackles(m): 8:43am On Dec 15, 2009
AngieFan:

He can run all the red lights he wants to in Nigeria and one doesn't need 5 gold medals to do so. grin grin grin.
What we dont want is the dude running red lights around here. . .
We got laws and peeps gotta obey or pay the price. . .  grin
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by FBS: 8:51am On Dec 15, 2009
Kx:

Who could kindly shed light on this plz.

When this disable was representing britain in sports competitions,
which passport was he carrying.
(a)Nigerian?
(b)Britain?
(c)No passport at all?
Thanks man. I was going to ask the same thing.
Morever, he's got a family (a wife and an 11 yr old daughter)
Was it not in this same UK that a man won the right to stay because he shared a CAT with his girlfriend for some years? shocked
The man needs some damn good lawyers damn it.
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by obiorah1(m): 9:15am On Dec 15, 2009
a white man will always remain a white man so this is a lesson for we blacks .
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by biina: 9:35am On Dec 15, 2009
He has laid his bed, he should lie on it.
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by No2Atheism(m): 9:38am On Dec 15, 2009
@topic

- I do not condone the issue of illegal actions . . . however I find it weird that someone who has represented Britain, who is disabled and who is also married to a Briton is now being deported based on traffic offenses.

- I hope this is a lesson to "Black people with an Eurocentric mindset"  that usually make the mistake of thinking that the "Smiling White man/woman" is to be trusted.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

For example, see Tiger Woods (who obviously does not consider himself black) is now being hypocritically treated like a leper in the news media, yes Tiger Woods was wrong to cheat on his wife and endanger her to sexually transmitted diseases. However I find it weird that so many people are being hypocritical about it and making it look like he killed someone.

In regards to Tiger Woods, the lesson is that: alienate your own black people at your own risk.
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by No2Atheism(m): 9:44am On Dec 15, 2009
FBS:

Was it not in this same UK that a man won the right to stay because he shared a CAT with his girlfriend for some years?  shocked

- May I ask the race of the man that won the right to stay, I am curious about that particular case.
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by biina: 10:16am On Dec 15, 2009
No2Atheism:

@topic

- I do not condone the issue of illegal actions . . . however I find it weird that someone who has represented Britain, who is disabled and who is also married to a Briton is now being deported based on traffic offenses.

- I hope this is a lesson to "Black people with an Eurocentric mindset"  that usually make the mistake of thinking that the "Smiling White man" is to be trusted.

We have learnt nothing in over a century, I doubt we will learn anything tomorrow.
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by Anabel(f): 11:00am On Dec 15, 2009
home is always the best place to come after being dumped by the people you dumped your home for, God knows I hate BRITAIN, wonder what my fellow Nigerians are gaining there that can not be gained at home with prayer and seriousness
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by AngieFan(f): 11:12am On Dec 15, 2009
FBS:

Was it not in this same UK that a man won the right to stay because he shared a CAT with his girlfriend for some years? shocked

Do you have a link to the story?
If true, did the man who shared a cat with his girlfriend grin grin commit a crime?

So what if he has a wife and a daughter, he obviously wasn't supporting them financially given the amount of time spent in jail and in court. The idiot should be deported with a quickness!
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by No2Atheism(m): 11:15am On Dec 15, 2009
Anabel:

home is always the best place to come after being dumped by the people you dumped your home for, God knows I hate BRITAIN, wonder what my fellow Nigerians are gaining there that can not be gained at home with prayer and seriousness

- Its a dangerous thing to hate people . . . (so please clarify your statement)

- Personally I do not trust White people (however my conscience does not really allow me to hate anyone) . . . cus of the historical precedents of what they did, what they are doing and what they plan to do to non-white individuals.

- Personally I would prefer if Africans start seeing their sojourns in European dominated land as a form of Economic Warfare . . . in that they make money and use the money to improve themselves and their home country and if possible use part of the money to start creating an independent economic alliance with their other black brethren in the same foreign country . . .
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by AngieFan(f): 11:37am On Dec 15, 2009
No2Atheism:

- Its a dangerous thing to hate people . . .

- Personally I do not trust White people (however my conscience does not really allow me to hate anyone) . . . cus of the historical precedents of what they did, what they are doing and what they plan to do to non-white individuals.

- Personally I would prefer if Africans start seeing their sojourns in European dominated land as a form of Economic Warfare . . . in that they make money and use the money to improve themselves and their home country and if possible use part of the money to start creating an independent economic alliance with their other black brethren in the same foreign country . . .

You are entitled to your ideas and preferences. the fact remains the the disabled Nigerian chose to comit a crime in a foreign land and so will be deported in accordance with the law. If he feels that his human rights are being abused then he is free to appeal, with his own funds of course. . . grin

I am British, currently living and working in a foreign land, USA. grin grin grin  As a foreigner there are certain rules that I have to adhere to. I have to adhere to the driving rules and laws, ensure that my insurance and license are up to date, pay my taxes, don't drink and drive etc etc. In some states of the USA if you kill someone then you could face the death penalty. In Britain you are looking at a life term which is probably about 15 years. The same with fraud cases. In American, a fraud conviction will get you 25 years to life, In Britain a maximum four years.

My point is Onwubiko broke the law, and regardless of skin colour he is a foreigner and should be deported to his country of origin. Britain has more than enough home grown criminals to deal with and shouldn't have to deal with Nigerian ones as well.

Anabel:

Then diasbled criminal should be praising God for this deportation order on his head. Why are we even debating this issue?  He needs to go back to his country where he can get by with prayer and seriousness.
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by gshyne(m): 12:01pm On Dec 15, 2009
Having a british passport dont make u british as if you re born outside the UK. Wen u apply for a british visa or passport it is made clear that you have to keep to certain conditions. Fairly recently there was the case of a white bloke deported to canada though he's parents are british for simple reason he had criminal record and he was born in canada.
i ve a feeling there re bits of information missing from the articule though or else the guy could still very much appeal the decision to deport him.
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by Tudor6(f): 12:02pm On Dec 15, 2009
No2Atheism:

- Its a dangerous thing to hate people . . . (so please clarify your statement)

How swell, this is coming from a slowpoke who hates americans, europeans and jews yet lives in the UK.
Yes indeed, economic warfare that caters for and saves YOUR OWN black as.s ONLY.

So lets see, according to your daft "warfare", you work in the UK, send some money home to improve your homeland while forming an economic alliance with fellow europe haters to internally sabotage/take over the european economy (what a moro.n) AT THE SAME TIME, paying thousands and millions of pounds to the government in taxes which is then used to wage wars, overthrow and install puppet regimes, taking control of african economies and minerals then loaning your tax pounds to african economies in ALL these endeavors MAKING BILLIONS MORE MONEY using your tax. . . .tell me, whos deceiving who? Keep dreaming about forming alliances with fellow idio.ts.

You're only there to cater for yourself all the while cowardly ranting about how the europeans and americans are raping the african continent using your taxes. Ofcourse you conspiracy theorists and racist have no problems with that as long as your behind is in the UK being well catered for and enjoying the benefits of NHS. . . .what a fool
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by No2Atheism(m): 12:06pm On Dec 15, 2009
Tudór:

How swell, this is coming from a slowpoke who hates americans, europeans and jews yet lives in the UK.Yes indeed, economic warfare that caters for and saves YOUR OWN black behind ONLY.

So lets see, according to your daft "warfare", you work in the UK, send some money home to improve your homeland while forming an economic alliance with fellow europe haters to internally sabotage/take over the european economy (what a moro.n) AT THE SAME TIME, paying thousands and millions of pounds to the government in taxes which is then used to wage wars, overthrow and install puppet regimes, taking control of african economies and minerals then loaning your tax pounds to african economies in ALL these endeavors MAKING BILLIONS MORE MONEY using your tax. . . .tell me, whos deceiving who? Keep dreaming about forming alliances with fellow idio.ts.

You're only there to cater for yourselfall the while cowardly ranting about how the europeans and americans are despoiling the african continent using your taxes. Ofcourse you conspiracy theorists and racist have no problems with that as long as your behind is in the UK being well catered for and enjoying the benefits of NHS. . . .what a fool

- Something is eating Tudor . . .  grin grin grin

- It seems you love attention . . . na wa o . . . undecided . . .and probably willing to say anything to get that attention.

- Sorry but I don't have your time today . . . grin grin grin . . . so pass along cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by Tudor6(f): 12:17pm On Dec 15, 2009
No2Atheism:

- Something is eating Tudor . . .  grin grin grin

- It seems you love attention . . . na wa o . . . undecided . . .and probably willing to say anything to get that attention.

- Sorry but I don't have your time today . . .  grin grin grin . . . so pass along  cheesy cheesy cheesy
How many racist, anti-semitic idio.tic mo.rons have you recruited in your "Economic Alliance"?

Economic alliance my arse grin grin grin grin grin. . .what a dolt
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by No2Atheism(m): 12:25pm On Dec 15, 2009
Tudór:

How many racist, anti-semitic idio.tic mo.rons have you recruited in your "Economic Alliance"?

Economic alliance my arse grin grin grin grin grin. . .what a dolt

Which kind of attention seeking human being is this sef . . . . shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked . . . . Moderators abeg ban me so that this Decepticon Tudor would stop following me around nairaland . . . 

The guy just dey look for my trouble up and down . . . . undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by ribbon: 12:53pm On Dec 15, 2009
[color=#550000][/color]it is not the first time it is happening. our men sold the soul of this country long ego. unless we buy it back,it will continue. they wil sell it to us but at a very costly price.
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by Tudor6(f): 12:56pm On Dec 15, 2009
No2Atheism:

Which kind of attention seeking human being is this sef . . . . shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked . . . . Moderators abeg ban me so that this Decepticon Tudor would stop following me around nairaland . . . 

The guy just dey look for my trouble up and down . . . . undecided undecided undecided undecided
How many people have joined your Economic Alliance of refugees to takeover the European Economy?
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by FBS: 1:44pm On Dec 15, 2009
AngieFan:

Do you have a link to the story?[/b]If true, did the man who shared a cat with his girlfriend grin grin commit a crime?

So what if he has a wife and a daughter, he obviously wasn't supporting them financially given the amount of time spent in jail and in court. The slowpoke should be deported with a quickness!
No2Atheism:

- May I ask the [b]race
of the man that won the right to stay, I am curious about that particular case.

Immigrant allowed to stay in UK because of joint ownership of a pet cat
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/6360116/Immigrant-allowed-to-stay-because-of-pet-cat.html

http://pinoy-ukimmigration-updates..com/2009/10/immigrant-allowed-to-stay-in-uk-because.html
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by Sauron1: 2:09pm On Dec 15, 2009
FBS:

Immigrant allowed to stay in UK because of joint ownership of a pet cat
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/6360116/Immigrant-allowed-to-stay-because-of-pet-cat.html

http://pinoy-ukimmigration-updates..com/2009/10/immigrant-allowed-to-stay-in-uk-because.html

FBS, this is irrelevant. . . . .

The Cat Owners did not commit a crime.
The Naija man in question here committed a crime on the back of several other crimes in the past.
He is a prolific offender and he deserves to be deported.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

"Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information / The Hottest And Sexiest President Alive (picture) / Amnesty International Investigating The Arrest Of 114 IPOB Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.