Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,309 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:38 AM

Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain (14352 Views)

See Gov Fayose Dancing After Winning all The Elections In Ekiti / House Of Representative Aspirant Dumps PDP For APC After Winning Primary / How Lagos Broke Its Own Laws On Deportation - Femi Falana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by stede(m): 4:35pm On Dec 15, 2009
shocked cool
St Steven:

Too bad for him but the Law has no respect for anyone so if he was against the law then he deserves whatever the punishment for that is,
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by AngieFan(f): 4:37pm On Dec 15, 2009
Mekana. You are indeed an slowpoke. This thread isn't about Britain Vs America but if you want to get that itch out of your system start a thread and I will happily debate with you.

Your fellow Nigerian, Onwubiko broke the rules of our land and so he is up for deportation. Please deal with that instead of going off on a tangent as to why you think America is better than Britain. Idiot!
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by honeric01(m): 4:41pm On Dec 15, 2009
AngieFan:

Mekana. You are indeed an slowpoke. This thread isn't about Britain Vs America but if you want to get that itch out of your system start a thread and I will happily debate with you.

Your fellow Nigerian, Onwubiko broke the rules of our land and so he is up for deportation. Please deal with that instead of going off on a tangent as to why you think America is better than Britain. slowpoke!

so he's now a Nigerian eh? when your racist and power drunk country exploited him in the 90's, they didn't know he was not a Briton right? why are you guys failing to comprehend this part of the issue? he suddenly turned Nigerian after winning 5 golds for Britain as a Briton?
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by Sauron1: 4:41pm On Dec 15, 2009
AngieFan:

Your fellow Nigerian, Onwubiko broke the rules of our land and so he is up for deportation. Please deal with that instead of going off on a tangent as to why you think America is better than Britain. slowpoke!

ROFLMAOWPIMP.
AngieFan, e don do. . . . . . .Americans can be retarded sometimes.
40% of their College graduates cannot point out the map of America on a globe. grin

honeric01:

so he's now a Nigerian eh? when your racist and power drunk country exploited him in the 90's, they didn't know he was not a Briton right? why are you guys failing to comprehend this part of the issue? he suddenly turned Nigerian after winning 5 golds for Britain as a Briton?

That question has been answered.
The minimum requirement as at then was a residence permit which Onwubiko had on his Naija passport.
That does not make him a British citizen. He should have applied to be a Citizen while he had the opportunity but he was busy committing crimes here and there.
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by honeric01(m): 4:42pm On Dec 15, 2009
AngieFan:

I edited my post as there were a few typos.

here it is again:

uhm OK ride on  undecided
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by gongoaso1: 4:47pm On Dec 15, 2009
Gosh. . . this 'use and dump' theory is still on
Was he forced to compete for Britain

And this ain't a thread on the merits of the American VS British systems undecided
FACTS have been laid here on why if you are a repeat offender and you are not a citizen even if u are bonking the queen, you 'll be deported regardless of your 'skin exploits'
Kapish.
Why is this so hard to comprehend
undecided
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by Mekana(m): 4:52pm On Dec 15, 2009
AngieFan:

In case it escaped you, America is hundred times bigger than Britain. The Island (Britain) holds just over 60 million compared to America's 300 million so that means a much larger workforce and productivity which inn terms means the ability to generate more economy. Despite that Britain still remains one the top countries in the world.

And please read up on your history books, you do realise the Britain actually won the war? If they hadn't we would acyually be communicating in German. shocked

Anyway you sound like you have an issue with the British?? Wrong thread Pumpkin. This isn't a America vs Britain thread! grin

Are u on this planet? the premise of this discourse is on British anachronistic and duplicitous legal system and not on who lost the war.  your British-naija compatriot spinned the logic toward American vs Britih comparison. Factually, Britain won which war? The pacific or Western European battles? Britain was at the brink of collapse prior to American intervention  cross check your facts. America and Russia were the the victors, Britain just happens to be lucky for quick American intervention. Although they were part of the allied forces that won the war, the fact that they never recovered from that war economically placed them as loosers. Remember, after the war, all their ill gotten empires started to crumble, in about 15 yrs, most nations under their capitivity gained independence. The crux of my World War analogy was to illustrate the fact that inspite of British existence for a 1000 yrs, Germany that just emerged in 1870, tore their army to shreds. The British are very proud and pompous, thats why they would always spin the history around to depict themselves as  victors in stead of vanquished.
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by Sauron1: 4:58pm On Dec 15, 2009
Mekana:

The British are very proud and pompous, thats why they would always spin the history around to depict themselves as  victors in stead of vanquished.

But they still colonised you retards and you speak their language.
Look at the map of England compared to how far and wide their territories are dotted across the globe.
It is not called GREAT BRITAIN for the fun of it. . . . . . .English is STILL the official business language in the world.

Give em their credits. grin
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by Mekana(m): 5:14pm On Dec 15, 2009
AngieFan:

AngieFan:

Again Angie, u are showing why u are a layman/woman. Am not gonna join issues with u in using opprobious jargons, but the bottomline is that u need to hold ur so-called country accountable as we do here in the US. If there are inconsistencies, flaws, and duplicity in British system, we need to point it out. Thats how Americans challenged racism and anti- feminism in the 1960s-70s. Today, we have Obama, which says it all. U might be shortsighted by not seeing the connection between anachronism, social stratification and, perhaps, retrogressing economy in this theme, all of which i higlighted.
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by eldee(m): 5:15pm On Dec 15, 2009
Mekana:

What the heck is wrong with this dude? Is it my biz what u have discoursed? U might need some fresh air Don't sound like a gay here buddy

That question you asked has been clarified to other like-minded fickle individuals.
The least you could do is to try to cure your ignorance by researching for yourself and stop begging people to spoonfeed you.

You don't expect people to sit here and educate you just because you choose to argue in complete ignorance of basic facts.
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by slimes(m): 5:18pm On Dec 15, 2009
The man is not wise at all. How can he commit misdemeanour without complete papers?
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by eldee(m): 5:23pm On Dec 15, 2009
~Sauron~:

That question has been answered.
The minimum requirement as at then was a residence permit which Onwubiko had on his Naija passport.
That does not make him a British citizen. He should have applied to be a Citizen while he had the opportunity but he was busy committing crimes here and there.

35 and still counting.
I've done posted a reference, quoted various officials, given examples . . . I'm tired of explaining stuff to people that are this fickle.
This one don pass 'Ignorance is bliss' grin grin
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by Mekana(m): 5:23pm On Dec 15, 2009
eldee:

That question you asked has been clarified to other like-minded fickle individuals.
The least you could do is to try to cure your ignorance by researching for yourself and stop begging people to spoonfeed you.

You don't expect people to sit here and educate you just because you choose to argue in complete ignorance of basic facts.

fool, find something to do and stop chasing shadows. Who cares what u think or what u have discussed? Get a life
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by Sauron1: 5:26pm On Dec 15, 2009
eldee:

35 and still counting.
I've done posted a reference, quoted various officials, given examples . . . I'm tired of explaining stuff to people that are this fickle.
This one don pass 'Ignorance is bliss' grin grin

It's looking like a mental retardation case to me.
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by GNBohr: 5:29pm On Dec 15, 2009
My Yoruba people says and I translate, A bastard points to his family house with left hand. Also, A child can not run from home attack and be immuned to external attack.

This isms carefully describe the misfortune of the so called Nigerian "British" No matter what and no matter how long you sojourn and integrate to a new society, you are still a stranger, visitor, foreigner, sojourner. You will always be reminded. Certain privileges will be denied you. You will treated with certain reservations.

Citizenship to a foreigner is a privilege not a right, it can be withdrawn. So any of you who lives under the illusion of "CITIZENSHIP" better beware. Help tell everybody to always plan for days like this. Hearken to Sound Sultan music. Don't forget home. No one can be used and dumped if the person is not a willing tool. He was not forced or cajoled. He had choices, he opted fro the best in his circumstances, he enjoyed the glory and fame.

He committed an offence, he was treated as s foreigner because he is indeed a "PRIVILEGED FOREIGNER". Now they want to remove the privilege. If he had not abandon home, he could have been easier to live with the deportation. I hope he is not deported because that would mean being another "FOREIGNER" in his home land.

Many Nigerians are like that, enjoy too much of Western World Bliss that they forgot, who they really are: BLOODY FOREIGNER. You could do so many good deeds for your adopted country but my advice always remember that the chicken would always come home to roost. A natural would not be deported because his citizenship is of right not granted. Even those that are born in UK or US or where ever, the reference is always - THE NIGERIAN BORN BRITISH, A BRITISH OF NIGERIAN PARENTAGE.

When you live in foreign land, citizenship or not, remember you don't assume privilege to being right.
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by eldee(m): 5:29pm On Dec 15, 2009
Mekana:

fool, find something to do and stop chasing shadows. Who cares what u think or what u have discussed? Get a life

Hehehe . . . one piece of advice for you.
'It better to shut your mouth and let everyone think you're a fool, than to open your mouth and confirm it'

~Sauron~:

It's looking like a mental retardation case to me.
Believe it or not, some of these people are graduates grin grin
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by Nobody: 5:32pm On Dec 15, 2009
When you live in foreign land, citizenship or not, remember you don't assume privilege to being right.

true talk.

thats why many diasporan Nigerians raise their kids to know their home culture.
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by Mekana(m): 5:35pm On Dec 15, 2009
eldee:

Hehehe . . . one piece of advice for you.
'It better to shut your mouth and let everyone think you're a fool, than to open your mouth and confirm it'

What's going on here? Some ppl think via their anus, thats what i have realised here.
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by gshyne(m): 5:37pm On Dec 15, 2009
@ The part in bold is so untrue, please clarify facts before posting garbage such as this. It seems some people can't make the clarification between being eligible for citizenship and actually claiming citizenship.

The guy might be eligible for british citizenship on the basis of his parent's nationality while being eligible for Canadian citizenship by his birth place. He might be a canadian passport holder who has never sworn allegiance to HRM. I stand corrected but if anyone who holds a british passport commits a criminal act, he will serve his sentence and then be rehabilitated back into the society after paying his dues as he has nowhere to go except his land of citizenship. I however am not sure how this applies to someone who holds dual citizenship.[/size]
I recall that my younger brother's Nigerian passport was shredded by the Consular officer after he claimed british nationality[

Can u make clear wat d garbage in my post is? u obviously ve no idea wat u talking about. As long u re born outside the UK u can only apply to be a british citizen u dont become british by right. I was born in Nigeria n wen i applied for my british P d forms stated clearly that the passport/ citizenship will only be valid so long i keep to the conditions stated one of which was criminal offence, association with or support for any terrorist organisation. U talking loads of bullocks wen u say the british embassy destroyed ur bro's nigeria pali cos i ve got mine still and d british aint got nothing against dual nationality. . Mohammed Alfayed was refused british nationality despite all his wealth,  Harrods, Fulham FC, Ritz hotel included though he has an ILR. Dont come telling us wat u think or ur wat u ve heard from unconfirmed sources. Cos u re given a british pali dont mean u ll be british for ye if u dont keep to ur side of the bargain. comprehende?
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by honeric01(m): 5:38pm On Dec 15, 2009
GNBohr:

My Yoruba people says and I translate, A naughty person points to his family house with left hand. Also, A child can not run from home attack and be immuned to external attack.

This isms carefully describe the misfortune of the so called Nigerian "British" No matter what and no matter how long you sojourn and integrate to a new society, you are still a stranger, visitor, foreigner, sojourner. You will always be reminded. Certain privileges will be denied you. You will treated with certain reservations.

Citizenship to a foreigner is a privilege not a right, it can be withdrawn. So any of you who lives under the illusion of "CITIZENSHIP" better beware. Help tell everybody to always plan for days like this. Hearken to Sound Sultan music. Don't forget home. No one can be used and dumped if the person is not a willing tool. He was not forced or cajoled. He had choices, he opted fro the best in his circumstances, he enjoyed the glory and fame.

He committed an offence, he was treated as s foreigner because he is indeed a "PRIVILEGED FOREIGNER". Now they want to remove the privilege. If he had not abandon home, he could have been easier to live with the deportation. I hope he is not deported because that would mean being another "FOREIGNER" in his home land.

Many Nigerians are like that, enjoy too much of Western World Bliss that they forgot, who they really are: BLOODY FOREIGNER. You could do so many good deeds for your adopted country but my advice always remember that the chicken would always come home to roost. A natural would not be deported because his citizenship is of right not granted. Even those that are born in UK or US or where ever, the reference is always - THE NIGERIAN BORN BRITISH, A BRITISH OF NIGERIAN PARENTAGE.

Thank you for some of the points you made here.

some people on this thread think that they are immune to things like this, you might get deported for the offense you know nothing about, just pray your time don't come because they are cases of mistaken identity too, as long as the judiciary system is flawed, you are also prone to be deported no matter who gave birth to you or where you were born as long as you ain't British.
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by AngieFan(f): 5:39pm On Dec 15, 2009
honeric01:

Where in the article does it say he was a Briton? What part of 'you don't have to be a citizen of a country to represent it in a sporting event' don't you understand?
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by Sauron1: 5:40pm On Dec 15, 2009
eldee:

You are missing the phrase "half-baked" in that sentence. grin
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by honeric01(m): 5:48pm On Dec 15, 2009
AngieFan:

Where in the article does it say he was a Briton? What part of 'you don't have to be a citizen of a country to represent it in a sporting event' don't you understand?

says who? which law are you quoting? just show me where it is in IAAF rules and regulation and i will gladly accept.
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by eldee(m): 5:50pm On Dec 15, 2009
honeric01:

says who? which law are you quoting? just show me where it is in IAAF rules and regulation and i will gladly accept.

@Sauron
This is number 36 now . . . still counting grin grin
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by Nobody: 5:51pm On Dec 15, 2009
you do realise the Britain actually won the war?

is this angiefan again? undecided

if you're referring to WWII, that war was won by the ALLIES

kindly google WWII and allies and brush up on your history knowledge.

Britons no send you message.
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by Sauron1: 5:51pm On Dec 15, 2009
eldee:

@Sauron
This is number 36 now . . . still counting  grin grin

Forget honeric. . . . . .He is a WUM.
Don't feed the troll. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by eldee(m): 6:00pm On Dec 15, 2009
tpia.:

is this angiefan again? undecided

if you're referring to WWII, that war was won by the ALLIES

kindly google WWII and allies and brush up on your history knowledge.

Britons no send you message.
Hehehe . . . come on, give Churchill some credit grin grin
Europe was already wrecked till we got fully into it.

~Sauron~:

I gave up a long time ago . . . grin grin
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by onipanu(m): 6:11pm On Dec 15, 2009
gshyne:

@ The part in bold is so untrue, please clarify facts before posting garbage such as this. It seems some people can't make the clarification between being eligible for citizenship and actually claiming citizenship.

The guy might be eligible for british citizenship on the basis of his parent's nationality while being eligible for Canadian citizenship by his birth place. He might be a canadian passport holder who has never sworn allegiance to HRM. I stand corrected but if anyone who holds a british passport commits a criminal act, he will serve his sentence and then be rehabilitated back into the society after paying his dues as he has nowhere to go except his land of citizenship. I however am not sure how this applies to someone who holds dual citizenship.[/size]
I recall that my younger brother's Nigerian passport was shredded by the Consular officer after he claimed british nationality[

Can u make clear wat d garbage in my post is? u obviously ve no idea wat u talking about. As long u re born outside the UK u can only apply to be a british citizen u dont become british by right. I was born in Nigeria n wen i applied for my british P d forms stated clearly that the passport/ citizenship will only be valid so long i keep to the conditions stated one of which was criminal offence, association with or support for any terrorist organisation. U talking loads of bullocks wen u say the british embassy destroyed your bro's nigeria pali cos i ve got mine still and d british aint got nothing against dual nationality. . Mohammed Alfayed was refused british nationality despite all his wealth,  Harrods, Fulham FC, Ritz hotel included though he has an ILR. Dont come telling us wat u think or your wat u ve heard from unconfirmed sources. Cos u re given a british pali dont mean u ll be british for ye if u dont keep to your side of the bargain. comprehende?
Gshyne, May god bless u grin Because me sef fear when he yarn say consular destroy his brother naija p because i review am for my head and conclude say that is impossicant grin. having said that if the consular did destroy his brother's p the family should really apply for a new nigerian p and make one hell of a complaint to the home office cos that is illegal regardless of however long agao it was. Dont really know the facts of dudspace's brother but i am assuming he must have been registered and not naturalised because how else could he have naturalised using consular services? I assume consular to be the high commission in gidi and not the home office in the uk so maybe the consular official was not clear on what to to do because destroying the p is wrong.
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by honeric01(m): 6:17pm On Dec 15, 2009
eldee:

@Sauron
This is number 36 now . . . still counting grin grin

, so boring.
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by honeric01(m): 6:19pm On Dec 15, 2009
~Sauron~:

sorry o, fake britiko, the chicken will soon come home to roast. grin
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by eldee(m): 6:21pm On Dec 15, 2009
honeric01:

, so boring.

Yeah that's exactly what it is.
Posting the same piece of infromation a hundred times just beacuse some idiots refused to learn how to use a simple Google search is worse than boring, it's irritating.
Bunch of bleeping retards.
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by Sauron1: 6:23pm On Dec 15, 2009
honeric01:

sorry o, fake britiko, the chicken will soon come home to roast. grin

I am a law abiding citizen. . . . . .I don't go about committing crimes like Onwubiko.
So keep praying. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

It’ll Take 22 Years To Fix Aregbesola’s Mess — Omisore / Nnamdi Kanu: Umahi Will Pay For Brutalisation Of IPOB Members In Ebonyi / Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.