Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,874 members, 7,810,330 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:13 AM

Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain (14353 Views)

See Gov Fayose Dancing After Winning all The Elections In Ekiti / House Of Representative Aspirant Dumps PDP For APC After Winning Primary / How Lagos Broke Its Own Laws On Deportation - Femi Falana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by AngieFan(f): 6:28pm On Dec 15, 2009
Mekana:

Are u on this planet? the premise of this discourse is on British anachronistic and duplicitous legal system and not on who lost the war.  your British-naija compatriot spinned the logic toward American vs Britih comparison. Factually, Britain won which war? The pacific or Western European battles? Britain was at the brink of collapse prior to American intervention  cross check your facts. America and Russia were the the victors, Britain just happens to be lucky for quick American intervention. Although they were part of the allied forces that won the war, the fact that they never recovered from that war economically placed them as loosers. Remember, after the war, all their ill gotten empires started to crumble, in about 15 yrs, most nations under their capitivity gained independence. The crux of my World War analogy was to illustrate the fact that inspite of British existence for a 1000 yrs, Germany that just emerged in 1870, tore their army to shreds. The British are very proud and pompous, thats why they would always spin the history around to depict themselves as  victors in stead of vanquished.

I didn't bother to read the rest of your dribble but Again. . . .Britain won the war. America only jumped in when their arses got kicked by the Japanese at Pearl Harbour and the British had virtually done all the hard work.

Mekana:

Again Angie, u are showing why u are a layman/woman. Am not gonna join issues with u in using opprobious jargons, but the bottomline is that u need to hold your so-called country accountable as we do here in the US. If there are inconsistencies, flaws, and duplicity in British system, we need to point it out. Thats how Americans challenged racism and anti- feminism in the 1960s-70s. Today, we have Obama, which says it all. U might be shortsighted by not seeing the connection between anachronism, social stratification and, perhaps, retrogressing economy in this theme, all of which i higlighted.

Again what part of this topic is about America? talk about being an obnoxious prick! This is OUR country and your beloved America does not dictate our rules and laws. In fact American Law is based on English (OUR) Law so you have a cheek trying to tell us how to run things in our country. Get the F out of here with that BS!!! Anyway I will try not to hold it against you because you are probably just a Nigerian trying to be an American and getting it all wrong. grin grin
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by honeric01(m): 6:31pm On Dec 15, 2009
@Eddie and co, maybe you need to read this for your own benefit.

IAAF, the host Member, or the National Federation to which he is
affiliated.
participate in the sport of Athletics under the rules of the IAAF, the host
Member, or the National Federation to which he is affiliated.
5 Citizenship and Changes in Citizenship Citizenship and Changes in Citizenship
7 5.1 & 5.2 21/22 Amend 1. In International Competitions under
Rules 1.1(a) and (b), Members shall be represented only by Citizens of
the
Country or Territory which the affiliated

Member represents.
2. Having once represented a Member in
an International Competition under Rules
1.1(a) and (b), no athlete may thereafter
represent another Member in an
International Competition under Rules
1.1(a) and (b), except in the following
circumstances:
(a) The incorporation of one Country or Territory in another.
(b) The creation of a new Country ratified by Treaty or otherwise
recognised at international level.
(c) Acquisition of a new citizenship. In this case, the athlete shall
not represent his new Member in an International Competition
under Rules 1.1(a) and (b), for a period of three years
following the date of acquisition of new Citizenship pursuant
to the athlete’s application. This period of three years may
however be reduced or cancelled as set out below:
(i) the period may be reduced to 12 months with the
agreement of the Members concerned. The reduction shall
be effective upon receipt by the IAAF Office of a written
notification of the Members’ agreement;
(ii) the period may be reduced or cancelled in truly exceptional
cases by the Council.
(d) Dual Citizenship: In this case, an athlete who holds Citizenship
of two (or more) Countries or Territories, may represent the
Member of either (or any) of them, as he may elect. However,
having represented the Member in an International
Competition under Rules 1.1(a) and (b), he shall not represent
another Member of which he is a Citizen in an International
Competition under Rules 1.1(a) and (b), for a period of three
years from the date he last represented the first Member. This
period of three years may be reduced or cancelled as set out
below:
(i) the period may be reduced to
12 months with the agreement of
the Members concerned. The
reduction shall be effective upon
receipt by the IAAF Office of a
written notification of the
Members’ agreement which has
been signed by both parties;
1. In International Competitions under Rules 1.1(a), and (b), and (f),
Members shall be represented only by Citizens of the Country or
Territory which the affiliated Member represents.
2. Having once represented a Member in an International Competition
under Rules 1.1(a), and (b) or (f), no athlete may thereafter represent
another Member in an International Competition under Rules 1.1(a),
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by Nobody: 6:32pm On Dec 15, 2009
AngieFan:

I didn't bother to read the rest of your dribble but Again. . . .Britain won the war. America only jumped in when their arses got kicked by the Japanese at Pearl Harbour and the British had virtually done all the hard work.

you sound like a bush Nigerian illiterate who's afraid to use google.

Even a white British person wont tell you Britain alone won the war, unless the person is a crack addict hanging out with you.

look up allies, WWII, Russia, America, etc.

geez the ignorance of some Nigerians is alarming. No wonder the country is in a mess.
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by honeric01(m): 6:36pm On Dec 15, 2009
tpia.:

Even a white British person wont tell you Britain alone won the war, unless the person is a crack addict hanging out with you.

geez the ignorance of some Nigerians is alarming. No wonder the country is in a mess.

Gosh, she's not a Nigerian, she's British so why are you insulting Nigerians? you know we are definitely wiser than that. cool
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by AngieFan(f): 6:44pm On Dec 15, 2009
honeric01:

says who? which law are you quoting? just show me where it is in IAAF rules and regulation and i will gladly accept.

I gather you are obviously too stupid to Google this information for yourself so I have done the honours.

At the moment residency is one of the main qualifications and athletes can compete for a country as long as they are in the process of applying for citizenship even though they may not get it eventually.
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/athletics-iaaf-to-tighten-up-rules-on-nationality-1113509.html

The article wascwritten 1999. Onwubiko competed in 1995 and 1997 and so if the rules have changed now it they would not have affected him back then.

I hope this is clear. grin
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by honeric01(m): 6:48pm On Dec 15, 2009
AngieFan:

I gather you are obviously too silly to Google this information for yourself so I have done the honours.
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/athletics-iaaf-to-tighten-up-rules-on-nationality-1113509.html

The article wascwritten 1999. Onwubiko competed in 1995 and 1997 and so if the rules have changed now it they would not have affected him back then.

my own was gotten from the main source, not all these yeye media shit, go check on 1aaf website, then come back to me.
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by Sauron1: 6:50pm On Dec 15, 2009
AngieFan:

I doubt it will be clear. . . . .Lemme spell it OUT!!!!

At the moment(1999) residency is one of the main qualifications and athletes can compete for a country as long as they are in the process of applying for citizenship even though they may not get it eventually.

If the proposal gets the backing of the meeting, athletes will have to have a passport of their new nation before they can wear the country's athletics vest

I hope pro-Onwubiko can now keep their mouths shut, forever. grin

honeric01:

my own was gotten from the main source, not all these yeye media poo, go check on 1aaf website, then come back to me.

Stop acting like an illiterate and stop arguing like a retard.
The laws had been re-written. . . . .When Onwubiko represented Great Britain in 1995-1997, his residency allowed him to compete
So you going to IAAF to quote anything now(2009) makes you sound like a twerp. grin
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by onipanu(m): 7:01pm On Dec 15, 2009
But in the USA it is the same as well. As in if you commit a felony (criminal offence for UK peeps) of any kind that is punishable by atleast 1 year in prison and you just have permanent residence you will be liable for deportation.
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by AngieFan(f): 7:06pm On Dec 15, 2009
tpia.:

I am not Nigerian Dummy. grin Descended from Nigerians, but not Nigerian, which part of that can't you comprehend

The war was nearly done and dusted by the times the Americans joined and this only after they got their arses handed to them by the Japanese. Google this or kindly shut the f up with your BS. Britannia rules the world!!! grin grin grin

~Sauron~:

I doubt it will be clear. . . . .Lemme spell it OUT!!!!

At the moment(1999) residency is one of the main qualifications and athletes can compete for a country as long as they are in the process of applying for citizenship even though they may not get it eventually.

If the proposal gets the backing of the meeting, athletes will have to have a passport of their new nation before they can wear the country's athletics vest

The laws had been re-written. . . . .When Onwubiko represented Great Britain in 1995-1997, his residency allowed him to compete
So you going to IAAF to quote anything now(2009) makes you sound like a twerp. grin

Just thought to highlight what you wrote for clarity. Hopefully the twerp can make sense of dates and timelines
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by honeric01(m): 7:07pm On Dec 15, 2009
~Sauron~:

And this just proved that the English animals are racist, exploiters, greedy ass set of people, he competed for more than 2 tournaments, not one and not one year, he represented them for closed to 5 years if not more than, they kept using you to glorify themselves but didn't give him the passport he was suppose to be given. this just sums up the notion that the British are known to be the use and dump set of cheats.  before representing them between 1995-1997, he must have also competed in the nationals earlier than that, so that means for more than 5 years, they denied him citizenship but never stopped him from being exploited.

just like a case of someone trying to get something from you, you keep using him to wash your clothes, yet you never gave him what he came for, you didn't tell him to back off all the times he was helping you do the chores. exploiters, it's really in their blood and won't go away. so for the pro-British empire, you can keep licking their ass.

case closed.

lol
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by Sauron1: 7:13pm On Dec 15, 2009
honeric01:

And this just proved that the English animals are racist, exploiters, greedy backside set of people, he competed for more than 2 tournaments, not one and not one year, he represented them for closed to 5 years if not more than, they kept using you to glorify themselves but didn't give him the passport he was suppose to be given. this just sums up the notion that the British are known to be the use and dump set of cheats.  before representing them between 1995-1997, he must have also competed in the nationals earlier than that, so that means for more than 5 years, they denied him citizenship but never stopped him from being exploited.

U are a laboratory retard. grin grin
If he had committed a crime before his love for sporting events, there is no way he would be given a British passport.
Converting ILR to a British passport requires one thing: NO CRIMINAL RECORD.

just like a case of someone trying to get something from you, you keep using him to wash your clothes, yet you never gave him what he came for, you didn't tell him to back off all the times he was helping you do the chores. exploiters, it's really in their blood and won't go away. so for the pro-British empire, you can keep licking their backside.

Was he dragged out of his house to compete for Britain? grin grin grin grin
I hope to God you are not Mr. Onwubiko because the amount of venom you have spewed on this topic will sink the titanic.
Go home and lie down.

AngieFan:

Just thought to highlight what you wrote for clarity. Hopefully the twerp can make sense of dates and timelines

I doubt it. . . . .
Don't ever underestimate the effects of acute dyslexia. grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by CarlosVent(m): 7:25pm On Dec 15, 2009
why can dey do this. are they heartless or what?
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by biina: 7:29pm On Dec 15, 2009
AngieFan:

I am not Nigerian Dummy.  grin Descended from Nigerians, but not Nigerian, which part of that can't you comprehend

The war was nearly done and dusted by the times the Americans joined and this only after they got their arses handed to them by the Japanese. Google this or kindly shut the f up with your BS. Britannia rules the world!!! grin grin grin

The US formally joined the war in December 1941 and had been covertly involved before then. The tide of the war turned in the latter half of 1942 when Japan and Germany both suffered major losses in Midway Atoll and Russia. The Allied counteroffensive started in 1943.
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by Nobody: 7:46pm On Dec 15, 2009
AngieFan:

I am not Nigerian Dummy. grin Descended from Nigerians, but not Nigerian, which part of that can't you comprehend

whatever reduces your medication and help you cope with life sweetie.
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by olabukola: 7:53pm On Dec 15, 2009
Sauron and eldee don dey form britico, oboy i know two of una wella ooh. For the fact you dey stay for here no make you britico.
Anyway na those wey niaja una go dey form for.

Some fact dey miss for that news, i hv been banned b4 and was cought driving after being banned. My ban was extended which finished last jun, i no be britico and i was not sent to any jail. Maybe Onwubiko committed something else. Traffic offence can never be a deportation offence.
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by olabukola: 9:42pm On Dec 15, 2009
AngieFan:

Lol Descended ni Acended ko. Foolishness at its peak. Na your type they will deport to nowhere
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by honeric01(m): 10:46pm On Dec 15, 2009
tpia.:

you dey mind this cockroach? angry
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by Theblessed(f): 11:34pm On Dec 15, 2009
[b]Well, that's not how I see it! Because, Nigerians do not respect their own laws or have any enforceable laws does not mean other countries do not.  We were told, when you're in Rome, behave like the Romans.  Breaking the laws of a country that gave you refuge (not once but more than twice) is not a smart thing to do. 

When you visit a country, it's smart to abide by their rules and regulations but some Nigerians think because, they've got the legal papers to stay therefore, they have same rights as citizens born and bred. Well, not quite! As your Naturalisation could be terminated any time you are dangerously at the other side of the law and that's what we are all here now, reading about. You see, using the accolades he won for Britain to justify his behaviours is not right.  Because, we've done this and that for our country therefore, if we kill somebody or some how break the law, we should be let off, is it

Being a successful Sportsman benefited him more than Britain. Firstly, it gave him exposure and also made him a STAR he wouldn't have attained considering his disability if he'd remained in this our sorry country Nigeria (pity how some people forget their background so quickly!). Unfortunately, this guy didn't show smartness at all!

You see, there are very good Nigerian who have lived in the West for more than 30, 40, 50 or even 60 years without anyone knowing they are here let alone British Police or a criminal record behind them.  Yet, you hear such stories mainly, among most that smuggled themselves into this country through the back door in the early 1990's. Well, the message is, BEHAVE OR YOU'D BE SENT BACK TO YOUR HOME COUNTRY IRRESPECTIVE OF THE LENGTH OF TIME SPENT HERE OR WHO YOU MARRY/HOW MANY CHILDREN YOU HAD HERE. If you're smart listen otherwise, continue to play your game and you'd find out the hard way.
[/b]
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by AngieFan(f): 12:12am On Dec 16, 2009
tpia.:

cool Methinks you are the one in need of medication to deal with that fact Pumpkin seen as you never waste any time trying to convince me that I am hated in my own country and that I should be a Nigerian.

olabukola:

Lol Descended ni Acended ko. Foolishness at its peak. Na your type they will deport to nowhere

Sentiments aside, why do you say this? Has there ever been a case of a British person born and bred being deported from Britain? I always hear this sentiment expressed whenever I tell a Nigerian that I am British and I am curious to know why you think and believe that is possible. Perhaps you think the laws in my country work like the ones in Nigeria where the Mayor or Governor of Lagos can deport Nigerians from a Nigerian state (Lagos)? Please elaborate on your reasoning please?

honeric01:

you dey mind this cockroach? angry

Who are you calling Cockroach Pighead? You have already proved that you're a first class irrational twerp so kindly move on!
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by honeric01(m): 12:29am On Dec 16, 2009
AngieFan:

Who are you calling Cockroach Pighead? You have already proved that you're a first class irrational twerp so kindly move on!

see this chicken poo, you better remain a briton because we don't need overweight cows in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by Nobody: 12:31am On Dec 16, 2009
AngieFan:

cool Methinks you are the one in need of medication to deal with that fact Pumpkin seen as you never waste any time trying to convince me that I am hated in my own country and that I should be a Nigerian.

myself trying to convince you to be Nigerian?

you must be confusing me with someone else.

If by hated in your own country you're referring to my comments about your idols throwing you under the bus, then sorry sweetie but that's life.  Deal with it.

The real McCoy Brits know themselves. Face them, not me. wink
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by olabukola: 12:41am On Dec 16, 2009
AngieFan:

Sentiments aside, why do you say this? Has there ever been a case of a British person born and bred being deported from Britain? I always hear this sentiment expressed whenever I tell a Nigerian that I am British and I am curious to know why you think and believe that is possible. Perhaps you think the laws in my country work like the ones in Nigeria where the Mayor or Governor of Lagos can deport Nigerians from a Nigerian state (Lagos)? Please elaborate on your reasoning please?
You are that Brit only on Paper. British people know themselves mate. Speaking like you are choking does not make you brit. A white man even fake oyibos and Japanese need explanation before he/she see you are a "brit"

Orangutan calling herself brit, pls don't let Nick Griffin hear that from you.
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by AngieFan(f): 12:42am On Dec 16, 2009
honeric01:

see this chicken poo, you better remain a briton because we don't need overweight cows in Nigeria.

You're pathetic!
tpia.:

myself trying to convince you to be Nigerian?

you must be confusing me with someone else.

If by hated in your own country you're referring to my comments about your idols throwing you under the bus, then sorry sweetie but that's life.  Deal with it.

The real McCoy Brits know themselves.  Face them, not me. wink

You're pathetic too! I am British! deal with it or go and jump in the nearest river. Ta-ta for now. I expect I will see you in the next thread uttering the same innuendoes about my British birthright! Pillock! grin
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by AngieFan(f): 12:45am On Dec 16, 2009
olabukola:

You are that Brit only on Paper. British people know themselves mate. Speaking like you are choking does not make you brit. A white man even fake oyibos and Japanese need explanation before he/she see you are a "brit"

Again sentiments aside where are the facts to back up your statement? Or are you emotionally talking through your anus? I suppose I should abandon being a Brit to be a Nigerian aye? Would that make you and your ilk sleep well at night? tongue
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by PupetMasta(m): 12:47am On Dec 16, 2009
I think all this argument is pointless. The guy broke the law and by all indications he got a criminal conviction which gave him a deportation notice, it is painful but he is to be blamed. You don't go about breaking rules as a foreigner even if u have 12 gold medals especially in this period where there are lot of crisis (na zobo eye dem get 4 UK nau). I also blame his wife for not pushing him to regularize his papers i.e if he was eligible before he started his traffic offence episode.  

Anyway I pray the Human rite activists can help him stay cos I dont know how he will survive if he comes back to Nigeria. Me self wey use just 2 yrs for there dey find it difficult to adapt back into the Nigerian system.
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by olabukola: 12:49am On Dec 16, 2009
AngieFan:

Again sentiments aside where are the facts to back up your statement? Or are you emotionally talking through your anus? I suppose I should abandon being a Brit to be a Nigerian aye? Would that make you and your ilk sleep well at night? tongue
Open your eyes paper brit.
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by Theblessed(f): 12:51am On Dec 16, 2009
PupetMasta:

I think all this argument is pointless. The guy broke the law and by all indications he got a criminal conviction which gave him a deportation notice, it is painful but he is to be blamed. You don't go about breaking rules as a foreigner even if u have 12 gold medals especially in this period where there are lot of crisis (na zobo eye dem get 4 UK nau). I also blame his wife for not pushing him to regularize his papers i.e if he was eligible before he started his traffic offence episode.  

Anyway I pray the Human rite activists can help him stay cos I dont know how he will survive if he comes back to Nigeria. Me self wey use just 2 yrs for there dey find it difficult to adapt back into the Nigerian system.

God bless you for standing up for the truth and what you believe in!
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by AngieFan(f): 12:52am On Dec 16, 2009
olabukola:

Open your eyes paper brit.

So you were talking through your anus like I thought.
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by Theblessed(f): 12:53am On Dec 16, 2009
Well, maybe the whole truth hadn't been told.  We wait to hear more.
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by olabukola: 1:01am On Dec 16, 2009
Theblessed:

Well, maybe the whole truth hadn't been told. We wait to hear more.
Good Morning

AngieFan:

So you were talking through your anus like I thought.
When will you wake up?
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by Nobody: 1:09am On Dec 16, 2009
AngieFan:

You're pathetic!

You're pathetic too! I am British! deal with it or go and jump in the nearest river. Ta-ta for now. I expect I will see you in the next thread uttering the same innuendoes about my British birthright! Pillock! grin

[size=16pt]YAAAWWWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN[/size]

person wey find something come wan die on top- wetin person wey dash am suppose do wink
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by duduspace(m): 1:12am On Dec 16, 2009
[Quote]Can u make clear wat d garbage in my post is? u obviously ve no idea wat u talking about. As long u re born outside the UK u can only apply to be a british citizen u dont become british by right. I was born in Nigeria n wen i applied for my british P d forms stated clearly that the passport/ citizenship will only be valid so long i keep to the conditions stated one of which was criminal offence, association with or support for any terrorist organisation. U talking loads of bullocks wen u say the british embassy destroyed your bro's nigeria pali cos i ve got mine still and d british aint got nothing against dual nationality. . Mohammed Alfayed was refused british nationality despite all his wealth,  Harrods, Fulham FC, Ritz hotel included though he has an ILR. Dont come telling us wat u think or your wat u ve heard from unconfirmed sources. Cos u re given a british pali dont mean u ll be british for ye if u dont keep to your side of the bargain. comprehende?[/Quote]

You are being silly, and I doubt you have a british passport, I challenge you to post any article indicating someone who holds a british passport who has been deported and had his passport revoked due to criminal activity (the only criminal activity I can't verify is Treason for which I've not see anyone been convicted of anyway). It seems you mistake an ILR or FLR for a british passport. Even british passport holders who are jailed abroad are even often advocated to be allowed to serve their jail terms in british prisons and that includes "Nigerian born" britons too as happened with a high profile case  of Samantha Orobator recently.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/jun/03/pregnant-orobator-begins-trial-laos

My younger brother never claimed an ILR because he was born in the UK, my dad was based in the UK and obtained the passport for him first from the UK (the black coloured one), and it was at this point his Nigerian passport was shredded. I'm sure my mum still has the shredded passport somewhere as a memorabilia.  He was then registering annually with the british high commision in Nigeria until he was about travelling out in his late teens and then reapplied to renew his passport as an adult when he got the red/marooned coloured passport.

I am not writing this to encourage any british passport holder to engage in criminal activity but a british passport cannot be revoked on grounds of criminal activity the likes of which is being discussed here, for Treason and Terrorism reasons I can't ascertain because I have no examples to quote, please get your facts right.

Here is what I obtained from the UK Border agency website about conditions for removal of citizenship note the part in bold:

[Quote]
Removal of citizenship obtained fraudulently (Deprivation)

We may take away your British citizenship if we find that you obtained your registration or naturalisation by fraud, giving false information, or concealing facts that would have affected our decision. This is known as deprivation of citizenship.

Reasons for depriving you of citizenship might include if you:

* concealed information that might show you are not of good character, such as convictions overseas;
* obtained indefinite leave to remain in the United Kingdom by claiming to hold a different nationality;
* obtained citizenship as the spouse of a British citizen, but you were not validly married to that person; or
* used false documents to obtain citizenship, or cheated in the Life in the United Kingdom test.

We may also take away your British citizenship if, in our opinion, it would be in the public interest for us to do so and you would not be made stateless as a result of us removing British citizenship.

If you are deprived of citizenship, you stop being a British citizen on the date that a deprivation order is issued. After that you are no longer able to hold a British passport.

Any rights you may have to live in the United Kingdom may also be lost. In serious cases, you may be removed from the United Kingdom.
[/quote]

If a successful attainment of British citizenship makes you lose your previous citizenship then removing your british citizenship renders you stateless and no country does that to an individual (apart from possibly the knuckleheads at Abuja) and this is why I said in my previous post that I don't know how this applies to people who hold dual citizenship.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

It’ll Take 22 Years To Fix Aregbesola’s Mess — Omisore / Nnamdi Kanu: Umahi Will Pay For Brutalisation Of IPOB Members In Ebonyi / Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.