Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,277 members, 7,954,095 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:17 PM

Say No To Broke Men, Ladies Be Smart! - Romance (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Say No To Broke Men, Ladies Be Smart! (59637 Views)

Poor Dirty Girls Are The Quickest To Broke Shame Guys – Twitter User / The Kind Of Men Ladies Long For (photos Included) / 10 Categories Of Men Ladies Consider As Husbands Out Of Marital Frustration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Say No To Broke Men, Ladies Be Smart! by lovethchioma(f): 5:33pm On Apr 15, 2017
Ugosample:
see as pained niggas are ranting on this thread grin grin
E pain una well well. grin grin

Whether you like it or not, the OP has a point.
And before you talk rubbish and insult me, ask yourself honestly whether you want your sister to date and get serious with a guy just like you (in the same financial condition with you? )

tongue tongue
Dont mind them...

1 Like

Re: Say No To Broke Men, Ladies Be Smart! by Safiaa(f): 5:36pm On Apr 15, 2017
You, ask yourself this question. When you see a woman what are you attracted to instantly? Are you attracted to her financial status? As a man, are you not moved by her physical attributes? please stop being illogical. Will her beauty keep a man. No. Thats why i stated in my first paragraph to have your own finances and success.
LawdOfNairaland:

Check your third paragraph and you will realize where your greed lies!!!

No one wrote the OP for you but see how you are trying desperately to disassociate yourself from the shallowness of your thoughts. Let me save you the stress of going back to check that foolish paragraph 3. In that paragraph, you advised girls to use their YOUTH and BEAUTY, not even a mention of gift or talent, to get the best man (best to you means "financially stable"wink. When you advise a girl to use her youth and beauty, you can't convince me that you aren't trying to advise her to consider gold digging.

Re: Say No To Broke Men, Ladies Be Smart! by Nobody: 5:37pm On Apr 15, 2017
Everybody with his/her own ideology.
Re: Say No To Broke Men, Ladies Be Smart! by Ebbunwa(m): 5:37pm On Apr 15, 2017
I have read comments and I understand where the op is coming from. but my problem is with the topic. I think 'uninspiring, lazy men' would be more apt. because the man that has a dream and is diligently working towards achieving it could be broke today and be rich tomorrow.
Re: Say No To Broke Men, Ladies Be Smart! by zanga420: 5:39pm On Apr 15, 2017
Safiaa:
I knew that they'll be guys who refuse to read, but will just jump to conclusion. I also stated that women should be successful in their own fields.

we prefer the rich marry the rich. The poor and middle class marry themselves. Don't come and be confusing us. Let me be going

1 Like

Re: Say No To Broke Men, Ladies Be Smart! by lilmax(m): 5:41pm On Apr 15, 2017
Safiaa:
Im going to take my time to reply these mentions, once i get home. I have time for you people today!!!
babe do not waste your precious time...... Nl battle is unending..... i can see the effect of the word broke on men grin

my best advice? make money before thinking of marriage
Re: Say No To Broke Men, Ladies Be Smart! by mrphysics(m): 5:41pm On Apr 15, 2017
zanga420:
we prefer the rich marry the rich. The poor and middle class marry themselves. Don't come and be confusing us. Let me be going
Lol
Re: Say No To Broke Men, Ladies Be Smart! by Safiaa(f): 5:42pm On Apr 15, 2017
Uncle, ah beg did i ever say women shoulf not make their own money. In what way are women being greedy?
Do you hustle to put the money on top of your head? Or you want to buy a house so you can rot in the house lonely and miserable. NO ! If you want to die a loner,
Thats completely fine. But the majority of men will eventually settle down.
kibra4u:

Aunty simply go and hustle to make your own money na cos no man owes any woman anything. Make your money and leave we guys alone. We are not the architect of your problems. You can take a cue from your Aunty Linda Ikeji . All these greedy Oloshos wey just full everywhere these days. Them go want make man do wetin even their own Father no fit do for them. Shame tongue
Re: Say No To Broke Men, Ladies Be Smart! by sekem: 5:44pm On Apr 15, 2017
Of course, you don't expect her to answer all that with her shallow brain but lemme just try and speak for her...

Enjoy wink

tobianthony:

@ Op , I want to say something but I want to just continue lurking .

I want to ask you a couple of questions some of them will offend you ... but I just want to understand where you are coming from with this topic .

Please do not take offence .

Here goes ?

1) be truthful and be honest how old are you ?

Ans. 23

2) what do you do for a living ?

Ans. I'm still a student

3) what goals have you set for yourself and how many of these goals have you accomplished ?

Ans. Goals? Abeg, I don't have any goals in mind. Let me graduate and get married first

4) what has to physically happen for you to call yourself successful ?

Ans. No idea

5) I'm assuming that there is a fellow who is (broke) that dated you or someone you know ...is this true ?

Ans. No comment

6) answer questions 1-4 for him ?

Ans. Sorry, but I cannot speak for him

7) finally right as this moment what is your net worth ?

Ans. No comment

Do not take offence I just want to learn more about you .

3 Likes

Re: Say No To Broke Men, Ladies Be Smart! by Maxcollins042(m): 5:48pm On Apr 15, 2017
biz2get:

What is your definition of "A Fantasy"?...
Look up for its meaning at your dictionary dude
Re: Say No To Broke Men, Ladies Be Smart! by nelson7777: 5:49pm On Apr 15, 2017
UIA04:

So you think the two people you talked of don't have their problems and everything just became perfect just because they became rich

EdithS problems might not even be up to half of what the others are facing

with all due respect whatever other problems they r facing is non of my business "BECAUSE"
that is not d "subject" of this conversation/thread.
its subject is
being wit a guy when his low is a bad idea n smart ladies shud avoid it,
which i opposed by stating real life experiences dat proves d point dat "ALL THAT GLITTERS IS NOT GOLD"

so if they r facing any other problems be it spiritual
demonic e.t.c
i dnt hv to talk abt dat here cause dat will be
off point n out of subject....
Re: Say No To Broke Men, Ladies Be Smart! by Maxcollins042(m): 5:51pm On Apr 15, 2017
mrphysics:

Why this question. Why will my sister be broke. What am I doing. I pay my sister on regular basis so she won't have to depend on guys. Do the same and no broke guy will come close to her. But when you want her to bring a rich guy who will solve your family problems, then you are of all me most stupid
It would do more good than harm if you teach your sis how to fish rather than giving her the fish. What you are doing is right and at the same time wrong. It is right in the sense that it's preventing her from going after guys in a bid to enrich herself and it is wrong that you might not be able to sustain this measure on the long run. Do the needful and remain blessed.
Re: Say No To Broke Men, Ladies Be Smart! by adbokus(m): 5:51pm On Apr 15, 2017
FelixFelicis:
You don't even need to use the word broke, but as you want to instigate feminine emotions against men you had to. Sensible ladies know you're wrong and that your opinion doesn't count.

You could have said its better to date an industrious guy than a couch-potato. But you're just a manipulator, you want Ladies to come on your thread and say yes, hail you etc, and i can see few senseless and bitter ladies doing that. Matured ladies saw your thread and guess what? They read and moved on, reserving their opinion.
May your 'dodo' fry very well..may your lands flow with milk and honey...

3 Likes

Re: Say No To Broke Men, Ladies Be Smart! by zolapeperenpe(f): 5:53pm On Apr 15, 2017
mrphysics:

Well you are on Nairaland just last year. I don't argue with you. Sorry for even replying you in the first place, I thought you have a brain. it's filled with poverty.

Hahahahhahahaha. You wish
Re: Say No To Broke Men, Ladies Be Smart! by Maxcollins042(m): 5:54pm On Apr 15, 2017
henryhemon:

I have a niece whose always chasing after rich dudes and I advised her stop chasing after fantasies create your own real world. I have been around runs girls they 're never contented. It's greed or poverty that makes most women think marriage or relationship is an avenue to escape from poverty.
That's bad.
Re: Say No To Broke Men, Ladies Be Smart! by uchennaq(m): 5:54pm On Apr 15, 2017
bemyguest:

Wow! @ poster u on point. Ladies be wise and open your eyes.
What is wow. Can you even explain in one line what op is trying to say? This sense truly is not common.
Re: Say No To Broke Men, Ladies Be Smart! by mrphysics(m): 5:55pm On Apr 15, 2017
Maxcollins042:

It would do more good than harm if you teach your sis how to fish rather than giving her the fish. What you are doing is right and at the same time wrong. It is right in the sense that it's preventing her from going after guys in a bid to enrich herself and it is wrong that you might not be able to sustain this measure on the long run. Do the needful and remain blessed.
Of course I got your point. She just finished school heading for service this year. I will surely teach her to be independent
Re: Say No To Broke Men, Ladies Be Smart! by adbokus(m): 5:55pm On Apr 15, 2017
KennyID17:

Well. According to the mentally demented ladies we have been cursed with in this generation, a broke guy is any guy that is incapable of providing a luxurious fantasy of a life they have long dreamed of, something neither their parents could provide for them, nor can dey provide for themselves. This is a personal opinion tho grin
Chop knuckles sir...
Re: Say No To Broke Men, Ladies Be Smart! by lelvin(m): 5:57pm On Apr 15, 2017
No doubt, the OP pointed out some very important points.
As a woman, you need to use your YOUTH and BEAUTY to attract the best man who is financially stable as possible.
My ish is with the bolded, why not 'As a woman, use your YOUTH, BRAINS and BEAUTY to be financially stable as possible'.

dominique:
The op made valid points, too bad broke lazy guys are ranting without even understanding the message she passed.

So a lady must settle for any broke, lazy man without purpose that comes her way just because she doesn't want to end up in Shiloh five years later?

1 Like

Re: Say No To Broke Men, Ladies Be Smart! by LawdOfNairaland: 5:58pm On Apr 15, 2017
Safiaa:
You, ask yourself this question. When you see a woman what are you attracted to instantly? Are you attracted to her financial status? As a man, are you not moved by her physical attributes? please stop being illogical. Will her beauty keep a man. No. Thats why i stated in my first paragraph to have your own finances and success.

I don't know but creating this thread was a bad idea. I am a psychiatrist and I have taught many relationship counselling classes and I can confidently tell you that your idea was horrible!!! Maybe you didn't mean for it to be so. But there are girls who would not understand the underlying factors which you are claiming but which aren't conspicuous in your writeup. It is because of articles like this that some women view relationships as money making ventures. I have always emphasized working hard for both sexes and I am of a school that believes that physical characteristics doesn't play as much part in attraction as we think. My reason being that attractiveness is subjective. What you find physically attractive may not attract me at all. I am writing a book on that though.

2 Likes

Re: Say No To Broke Men, Ladies Be Smart! by adbokus(m): 5:58pm On Apr 15, 2017
Safiaa:
Ok sir. You can keep on convincing yourself, sugar coating your reality. When you log off this forum, you know what it is deep down. It really doesn't bother me. Of course most men will agree with you, because its an advantage to them. Some may agree with me, fine! Some may not, great. But I've spoken my truth, and i know a few individuals can relate to one or two things that I've said. A lot of women are scared to voice out their opinions due to the backlash. Have you not seen the response ive got? I really dont care.
I'm not one of them. A lot of women secretly agree with what I'm saying. Its clear to see that your comprehensive skills are on a all time low.
Gbenu oshi soun jare! Tell us a bit about your dad (due respect to him) from before he married...
Re: Say No To Broke Men, Ladies Be Smart! by Safiaa(f): 5:59pm On Apr 15, 2017
1. Im in my early 20s
2.Im currently a student, working a year in an industry.
3.My goal is to work in the marketing industry, which im currently doing. To be a marketing executive for a huge co-operation. I dont need to go into detail.
4.Like i said being successful doesnt necessarily mean you're ranking in millions. Being able to fulfil your goals and being comfortable is enough.
6 and 5 are irrelevant to me
7. I have enough to take care of myself, and not be financially dependent on my parents. Thats all you need to know.

Have i satisfied your curiosity. Bye bye now

tobianthony:

@ Op , I want to say something but I want to just continue lurking .

I want to ask you a couple of questions some of them will offend you ... but I just want to understand where you are coming from with this topic .

Please do not take offence .

Here goes ?

1) be truthful and be honest how old are you ?

2) what do you do for a living ?

3) what goals have you set for yourself and how many of these goals have you accomplished ?

4) what has to physically happen for you to call yourself successful ?

5) I'm assuming that there is a fellow who is (broke) that dated you or someone you know ...is this true ?

6) answer questions 1-4 for him ?

7) finally right as this moment what is your net worth ?

Do not take offence I just want to learn more about you .

Re: Say No To Broke Men, Ladies Be Smart! by adbokus(m): 6:01pm On Apr 15, 2017
Amarabae:
NONSENSE. Must a lady be a financial liability to a man? Is Relationship a poverty alleviation program?
Ladies should dream of working to be financial independent, its brings respect to a woman.
If a guy is broke and you love him, as long as you as a lady is financial dependent, you can be in a relationship with him.
"Broke" is temporary, that he is broke today, does not mean He can't make it tomorrow.
Stay with him during rainfall, He will appreciate it when the sun shine.
That's why I fancy Igbo ladies, so pragmatic. Welcome ma...
Re: Say No To Broke Men, Ladies Be Smart! by ashewoboy(m): 6:02pm On Apr 15, 2017
Leriebloom:

guys, say no to remnant ladies.

1 Like

Re: Say No To Broke Men, Ladies Be Smart! by lelvin(m): 6:02pm On Apr 15, 2017
Broke girls left, right and center thinking its a guy's job to take them out of their recession. If you like, no go hustle. If you quote me ehn, goat go bite you.

6 Likes

Re: Say No To Broke Men, Ladies Be Smart! by Maxcollins042(m): 6:06pm On Apr 15, 2017
mrphysics:

Of course I got your point. She just finished school heading for service this year. I will surely teach her to be independent
Nice one
Re: Say No To Broke Men, Ladies Be Smart! by Cuteamigo1(m): 6:09pm On Apr 15, 2017
Safiaa:
I know most men will be triggered by the title of this thread, without reading what i have to say. I really couldn't care less lol. This thread is directed to the ladies !!!

Now ladies, i'm not encouraging you to be lazy gold diggers with no ambition. I'm not encouraging you to use a man entirely for his money. Get your education, work hard and make something of yourself. Strive to be successful. HOWEVER....

Don't be lured into what we call 'ride or die'. A lot of men are deluded by their unrealistic dreams and goals, and believe they can sell you that dream. They'll tell you that they want to do this and that, but they never work towards achieving their goals. I call them empty vessels. Its really sad, because I've seen so many women waste their youth on men who sold them a dream, and end up suffering for the rest of their lives. There's a difference between a broke man with a vision, and a broke man with a fantasy. KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO. This is not Bonnie and Clyde, this is the real world, and if you can clearly see that this man is destined to be broke, RUNN!

As a woman, you need to use your YOUTH and BEAUTY to attract the best man who is financially stable as possible. This is not gold digging this is being SMART. Think about your children, think about your future. You don't want to be in your 30's wishing that you spent your younger years with another man. Money is very IMPORTANT in a relationship, and you need to be with someone who will compliment your finances.

Stop making excuses for men, who clearly don't have plans. Stop trying to be the ride or die chick, because you will die in poverty. Yes, we know that women can be the breadwinners of the house, But i can assure you that most women want to be taken care of. If you want to struggle with him now, open your eyes and be sure that you will NOT struggle with him FOREVER.

LADIES BE SMART, YOU'RE ONLY YOUNG ONCE! USE IT TO YOUR ADVANTAGE.
being broke or not should be the basis upon which a woman choose her spouse for God sake. op you seem to be type of women ( gold diggers) who only date or marry guys because of their money, my question to you is what happens if he loses his wealth, undecided you will runaway I guess.

1 Like

Re: Say No To Broke Men, Ladies Be Smart! by uchennaq(m): 6:10pm On Apr 15, 2017
lilmax:
its crystal clear 80% of guys on this thread are damn broke to the core..... if you read what she wrote, then you guys would applaud and not criticize

I would not even date a broke version of myself not to talk of marriage

girls bookmark this page, the force is with this one cool
. Stop decieving yourself. For the fact that guys are trying to write the wrong doesn't mean that we are broke. That is what we keep saying. God gave us brain to reason properly. What will a flea be thinking now?

2 Likes

Re: Say No To Broke Men, Ladies Be Smart! by lilmax(m): 6:12pm On Apr 15, 2017
uchennaq:
. Stop decieving yourself. For the fact that guys are trying to write the wrong doesn't mean that we are broke. That is what we keep saying. God gave us brain to reason properly. What will a flea be thinking now?
what is the wrong?
Re: Say No To Broke Men, Ladies Be Smart! by Eveezy(m): 6:12pm On Apr 15, 2017
Ngokafor:

...There are more women and ladies who feed men/husbands these days than the other way round...Lots of men i know have confessed that their mom was the pillar that rescued them from hunger and illiteracy..Their Dads were no where to be found most times,and never bothered about their well-being...Nigerian men are becoming less and less financially responsible towards their family,and thats a shame.

...It is only on nairaland Nigerian males foot bills that are not theirs...Real life is a differnt thing altogether.
hmmm, interesting, i guess that is d way it is around u or probably guys u ve met are like dt, and for that reason, that is ur definition of a broke nigga, i will agree to that ur definition of broke but babe u will have to agree with me that it is not a norm. And i strongly disagree that d number of men depending on women is greater than women on men, where did u get ur statistic from? U could say is increasing, but more dan? No way. And besides most cases where a child says his mom is d one who catered for dem while d father negleted, is exactly as u ve said, d father negleted d kids nd mom nt like he depended on d mom. Only in few cases men depend on women wit d exception of sugar mommy, nd even in such cases, the ratio of sugar daddy to sugar mom is higher. And lastly u didnt define who a broke guy is, but if ur definition of a broke guy is just what u explained, u may be correct cos dt is parasitic feeding, nd such is nt common. If u meet a real man and nt a boy, u cannot feed him except u re desperate

1 Like

Re: Say No To Broke Men, Ladies Be Smart! by mrphysics(m): 6:13pm On Apr 15, 2017
Safiaa:
1. Im in my early 20s
2.Im currently a student, working a year in an industry.
3.My goal is to work in the marketing industry, which im currently doing. To be a marketing executive for a huge co-operation. I dont need to go into detail.
4.Like i said being successful doesnt necessarily mean you're ranking in millions. Being able to fulfil your goals and being comfortable is enough.
6 and 5 are irrelevant to me
7. I have enough to take care of myself, and not be financially dependent on my parents. Thats all you need to know.

Have i satisfied your curiosity. Bye bye now

Chai. So I just wasted my energy, I thought you are even working. Early 20 and you are on Nairaland making this kind of post?

7 Likes

Re: Say No To Broke Men, Ladies Be Smart! by uchennaq(m): 6:14pm On Apr 15, 2017
lilmax:
what is the wrong?
I know you got A100 in English. Who has your A100 epp? Monkei

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (22) (Reply)

Hilarious Memes About The Girl That Proposed To Her Boyfriend And Got Rejected / "He Is Ugly But Has Money" - Funny Twitter Story: Who Is To Blame? / Speed Darlington Leaks His Sex Photo, Set To Leak His Sex Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.