Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

Say No To Broke Men, Ladies Be Smart! - Romance (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Say No To Broke Men, Ladies Be Smart! (58441 Views)

Poor Dirty Girls Are The Quickest To Broke Shame Guys – Twitter User / The Kind Of Men Ladies Long For (photos Included) / 10 Categories Of Men Ladies Consider As Husbands Out Of Marital Frustration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Say No To Broke Men, Ladies Be Smart! by mrphysics(m): 6:15pm On Apr 15, 2017
uchennaq:
. Stop decieving yourself. For the fact that guys are trying to write the wrong doesn't mean that we are broke. That is what we keep saying. God gave us brain to reason properly. What will a flea be thinking now?
Bros save us this stress. Post your bank details as a rich dude
Re: Say No To Broke Men, Ladies Be Smart! by Safiaa(f): 6:15pm On Apr 15, 2017
Im currently working and I'm a student. Im in my early 20s, is there a problem?
mrphysics:

Chai. So I just wasted my energy, I thought you are even working. Early 20 and you are on Nairaland making this kind of post?

1 Like

Re: Say No To Broke Men, Ladies Be Smart! by trilobite: 6:16pm On Apr 15, 2017
Safiaa:
Yawns. Reading has become a task that many Nigerian men fail to do. Bye boy!
that's funny. just admit he made sense. it won't kill you.
Re: Say No To Broke Men, Ladies Be Smart! by yoged(m): 6:19pm On Apr 15, 2017
https://www.nairaland.com/3743337/lady-buys-herself-range-rover. . Dey find rich men up and down. Na your mate dey buy things for themselves. Lazy fowl.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Say No To Broke Men, Ladies Be Smart! by anneboleyn(f): 6:20pm On Apr 15, 2017
It's all very simple, don't date when you know u are not in a position to take on the responsibilities involved in marriage. Dating a broke guy or simply someone not ready to get married is a huge risk.. ....even if u stick with him, what are the guarantees that he will make a permanent commitment to you when things get better? Anyway for those who don't mind risk taking, u can go ahead and date such, if really he is focused and have a vision of what he wants for himself in life.. ...Just pray that at the end of it all, he repays your loyalty to him by the same loyalty, so that he doesn't leave u for one who is more appealing

2 Likes

Re: Say No To Broke Men, Ladies Be Smart! by lilmax(m): 6:21pm On Apr 15, 2017
uchennaq:
I know you got A100 in English. Who has your A100 epp? Monkei
I no even know wetin I wan tell you grin......go back to the board thats where you forgot your head grin
Re: Say No To Broke Men, Ladies Be Smart! by Eveezy(m): 6:22pm On Apr 15, 2017
Alesandese:
Yes there are some broke guys who depends on others for survival. There are also some lazy guys with vision. They dream big but work little. If I as a lady can work for my own money, live a comfortable life at my age why shouldn't a guy do that too?. I don't ask for gifts from guys, they spend on me willing even with certain warnings because I hate being indebted to people so that definition of broke guys doesn't work for me. To me a broke guy is one lower than my standard. One who is penniless, aimless and lazy.
ok! Ur definition of a broke guy is one who doesnt work, but i gave an instance of a gal calling a guy who is comfortable enough to feed himself, look good, feed d gal inclusive, nd house d gal for as long as she wants, but cos she requested for somtin d guy didnt get for her, she nd her frnds term d guy broke. So is dt also a broke guy
Re: Say No To Broke Men, Ladies Be Smart! by pamijlove(f): 6:23pm On Apr 15, 2017
But a broke guy/girl can date...He/she could help his or her mate after they got married...maybe opening a shop for his wife or work if he or she got anyskill...or any category they can fixe their partner to help...The husband or wife could set up a business for his or her mate
Re: Say No To Broke Men, Ladies Be Smart! by Objectives: 6:27pm On Apr 15, 2017
The Manipulated Man, Esther Vilar.

Find and read it when you can.
Re: Say No To Broke Men, Ladies Be Smart! by Nobody: 6:28pm On Apr 15, 2017
iamrosheed:

OP please answer this

My brother ,its nothing personal , @ OP I am not antagonizing you but it would help if you answered my questions ...

Then I will tell you my story
Re: Say No To Broke Men, Ladies Be Smart! by mrphysics(m): 6:29pm On Apr 15, 2017
Safiaa:
Im currently working and I'm a student. Im in my early 20s, is there a problem?
Yes, there is. How you come here thinking everyone is an illiterate who reads and don't understand. You are Chinua Achebe and Wole Soyinka who can hid some facts in a nice literary format that only those is their category can understand. That is the problem, and you also painted yourself to be so rich.

4 Likes

Re: Say No To Broke Men, Ladies Be Smart! by Nobody: 6:31pm On Apr 15, 2017
Safiaa:
It was a typo, don't be dumb pleaseundecided

typo wat?? yu shuld've knwn we broke ass association wil cum fr yu via......yet yu gav us a wide loophole ...
i understand d angle u cumin from but babes naija is really making a lot of guys wit potentials appear visionless ...sound graduate driving okada ... e.t.c
to my guys balling,,team sef made ,, jus thank God n thank ur head,,mo so pe !! ... not writing anybody off ,,wit smart relentless efforts ,,hustle go pay

3 Likes

Re: Say No To Broke Men, Ladies Be Smart! by Luckki1001(m): 6:35pm On Apr 15, 2017
Safiaa:
1. Im in my early 20s
2.Im currently a student, working a year in an industry.
3.My goal is to work in the marketing industry, which im currently doing. To be a marketing executive for a huge co-operation. I dont need to go into detail.
4.Like i said being successful doesnt necessarily mean you're ranking in millions. Being able to fulfil your goals and being comfortable is enough.
6 and 5 are irrelevant to me
7. I have enough to take care of myself, and not be financially dependent on my parents. Thats all you need to know.

Have i satisfied your curiosity. Bye bye now

Choi shocked

So all this ranting came from a child wey life never happen to yet.

Everybody, it appyas we have been wasting our time responding to a nonsensical post from someone who obviously has had her head up in all those feminist-inclined romantic stories that has no bearing in real life.

Thread closed.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Say No To Broke Men, Ladies Be Smart! by LawdOfNairaland: 6:35pm On Apr 15, 2017
lilmax:
its crystal clear 80% of guys on this thread are damn broke to the core..... if you read what she wrote, then you guys would applaud and not criticize

I would not even date a broke version of myself not to talk of marriage

girls bookmark this page, the force is with this one cool

I don't know about others but I am not broke. I am a medical doctor and I give counselling sessions for fees. And I am not cheap.

Now, to the topic. You, sir, and the OP are missing underlying factors in relationships. Supposing she gets married to her financially stable fiance and he loses all. What happens then?

2 Likes

Re: Say No To Broke Men, Ladies Be Smart! by chi4ik(m): 6:37pm On Apr 15, 2017
Safiaa:
Im going to take my time to reply these mentions, once i get home. I have time for you people today!!!
pls can I have a private chat with u? mean no harm & I wanna clear up some stuffs which I can't mention here. pls I beg u.
Re: Say No To Broke Men, Ladies Be Smart! by mrphysics(m): 6:39pm On Apr 15, 2017
Luckki1001:

Choi shocked

So all this ranting came from a child wey life never happen to yet.

Everybody, it appyas we have been wasting our time responding to a nonsensical post from someone who obviously has had her head up in all those feminist-inclined romantic stories that has no bearing in real life.

Thread closed.
Gaskiya. Thread closed.
Re: Say No To Broke Men, Ladies Be Smart! by kuchikau1: 6:42pm On Apr 15, 2017
Safiaa:
PLEASE LEARN TO COMPREHEND BEFORE WRITING YOUR OPINIONS ON THIS THREAD. READING IS KEY!

THERES NOTHING WRONG IN FEMALES BEING WITH A GUY THAT IS STRUGGLING. AS LONG AS HE HAS GOT A VISION AND IS WORKING TOWARDS DOING SOMETHING. YOU CAN'T BE SELLING A FAKE DREAM TO SOMEONE, AND EXPECT THEM TO STAY.
blood dey comot frm ur big toto. Check am

1 Like

Re: Say No To Broke Men, Ladies Be Smart! by Nobody: 6:42pm On Apr 15, 2017
Hello let me ask you guys a question ? To those saying a broke guy ( I would rather say I guy who doesn't have enough cash on him or assets to buy things for himself or a female ) should not date ...how is he going to learn how to treat a woman when he has money ?

How is he going to have emotional experience to deal wisely with a woman when things are going well for him ?

As for me when I was broke ... I couldn't settle for less ,knowing I couldn't afford a certain type of relationship ...I had to be extremely good in bed ...to make up for the lack of finance . It always did not end well but I learnt .

If it is relationship ...make your choice but as a man marry a woman you can afford to love . For women ...God will give all us wisdom to treat you better .

But for me... We are all right and wrong at the same time ,myself included .

I asked OP a couple of questions which she did not answer ... Wish she would .

If you want to marry for money ...it is your life : if you want to marry for love its your life . If for both it is your life . No one knows tomorrow ?

1 Like

Re: Say No To Broke Men, Ladies Be Smart! by Nobody: 6:44pm On Apr 15, 2017
Hello let me ask you guys a question ? To those saying a broke guy ( I would rather say I guy who doesn't have enough cash on him or assets to buy things for himself or a female ) should not date ...how is he going to learn how to treat a woman when he has money ?

How is he going to have emotional experience to deal wisely with a woman when things are going well for him ?

As for me when I was broke ... I couldn't settle for less ,knowing I couldn't afford a certain type of relationship ...I had to be extremely good in bed ...to make up for the lack of finance . It always did not end well but I learnt that I has to bring other things to the table . Sometimes I had to settle for assistant boyfriend sad

If it is relationship ...make your choice but as a man marry a woman you can afford to love . For women ...God will give all us wisdom to treat you better .

But for me... We are all right and wrong at the same time ,myself included .

I asked OP a couple of questions which she did not answer ... Wish she would .

If you want to marry for money ...it is your life : if you want to marry for love its your life . If for both it is your life . No one knows tomorrow ?

1 Like

Re: Say No To Broke Men, Ladies Be Smart! by sirfee(m): 6:46pm On Apr 15, 2017
LawdOfNairaland:

Check your third paragraph and you will realize where your greed lies!!!

No one wrote the OP for you but see how you are trying desperately to disassociate yourself from the shallowness of your thoughts. Let me save you the stress of going back to check that foolish paragraph 3. In that paragraph, you advised girls to use their YOUTH and BEAUTY, not even a mention of gift or talent, to get the best man (best to you means "financially stable"wink. When you advise a girl to use her youth and beauty, you can't convince me that you aren't trying to advise her to consider gold digging.

Thank you bruh,I don't have any problem with her opinions because everyone has the right to freedom of expression,belief etc but she ruined her post with the third paragraph.When you advice a lady to use her beauty to attract rich dudes,you are nothing but a bad counsellor.I have read her posts on body counts so I understand where is coming from.

Guys should work hard and also ignore broke ladies.Money is very important in relationship but gold digging is forbidden,relationship is not poverty alleviation scheme.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Say No To Broke Men, Ladies Be Smart! by nkemjacob2(m): 6:47pm On Apr 15, 2017
Ladies hold ur 2 ears let me advice u.

If u like wait for already Made man. Don't plan future with ur man u'll have no option Dan to remain old, marry lately and post vacancy of husband or Facebook and other social media
Re: Say No To Broke Men, Ladies Be Smart! by kuchikau1: 6:47pm On Apr 15, 2017
Alesandese:
Na so Mama Kelechi sit with vision, twenty years later ordinary mirror them no get. Abegii undecided
ur big toto dey deceive u

1 Like

Re: Say No To Broke Men, Ladies Be Smart! by LawdOfNairaland: 6:48pm On Apr 15, 2017
sirfee:
Thank you bruh,I don't have any problem with her opinions because everyone has the right to freedom of expression,belief etc but she ruined her post with the third paragraph.When you advice a lady to use her beauty to attract rich dudes,you are nothing but a bad counsellor.I have read her posts on body counts so I understand where is coming from.

Guys should work hard and also ignore broke ladies.Money is very important in relationship but gold digging is forbidden,relationship is not poverty alleviation scheme.

Perfect!!!

1 Like

Re: Say No To Broke Men, Ladies Be Smart! by LawdOfNairaland: 6:54pm On Apr 15, 2017
Alesandese:
Na so Mama Kelechi sit with vision, twenty years later ordinary mirror them no get. Abegii undecided

And what did Mama Kelechi do to help? She just sat there?

Well, I understand your grievances but do you know that Mama Kelechi's story is not always the end result of dating a broke guy. There are good as well as bad endings even for women who married millionaires. Dangote, for instance, divorced like two or three women or so. The present governor of Ondo state was broke as at the time his wife (Now first Lady of Ondo state) started dating him. So Mama Kelechi's story is not enough reason for girls to start looking up and down for rich men.

3 Likes

Re: Say No To Broke Men, Ladies Be Smart! by biz2get(m): 6:58pm On Apr 15, 2017
Safiaa:
1. Im in my early 20s
2.Im currently a student, working a year in an industry.
3.My goal is to work in the marketing industry, which im currently doing. To be a marketing executive for a huge co-operation. I dont need to go into detail.
4.Like i said being successful doesnt necessarily mean you're ranking in millions. Being able to fulfil your goals and being comfortable is enough.
6 and 5 are irrelevant to me
7. I have enough to take care of myself, and not be financially dependent on my parents. Thats all you need to know.

Have i satisfied your curiosity. Bye bye now

Which state in Nigeria do you reside in..?
Re: Say No To Broke Men, Ladies Be Smart! by niceair(m): 7:01pm On Apr 15, 2017
chi4ik:
pls can I have a private chat with u? mean no harm & I wanna clear up some stuffs which I can't mention here. pls I beg u.

Grow up boy... which one is"pls I beg u"...

7 Likes

Re: Say No To Broke Men, Ladies Be Smart! by Nobody: 7:02pm On Apr 15, 2017
anneboleyn:
It's all very simple, don't date when you know u are not in a position to take on the responsibilities involved in marriage. Dating a broke guy or simply someone not ready to get married is a huge risk.. ....even if u stick with him, what are the guarantees that he will make a permanent commitment to you when things get better? Anyway for those who don't mind risk taking, u can go ahead and date such, if really he is focused and have a vision of what he wants for himself in life.. ...Just pray that at the end of it all, he repays your loyalty to him by the same loyalty, so that he doesn't leave u for one who is more appealing
must a guy's financial status determine the success of a marriage or relationship? what happens to the lady's financial status? is it only guys that must work hard to get money while the girls sit back relax and spend his money with him? why cant girls work hard aswell? what the fvck is wrong with Nigerian girls

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Say No To Broke Men, Ladies Be Smart! by kkins25(m): 7:02pm On Apr 15, 2017
this thread is growing oh.. when i went ofline it was just 3pages. now its 11.. wow!!! nd the same argument since....... the op is ryt. she did mention that the guys ladies should avoid are those with no promising future.based on logistics even in the animal kingdom, females choose mates that are healthy i.e not starved, carries good survival traits. etc... guys chil abeg. stop condemning her statement. it is in the woman's nature to be dependent on the man for almost everything.. basic social studies..
Re: Say No To Broke Men, Ladies Be Smart! by Geneadams(m): 7:02pm On Apr 15, 2017
Safiaa:
I knew that they'll be guys who refuse to read, but will just jump to conclusion. I also stated that women should be successful in their own fields.

the caption alone has "triggered"guys as you earlier said...this is a piece of shit article and am damn right sure was written by a piece of shit feminist gold digging tart

1 Like

Re: Say No To Broke Men, Ladies Be Smart! by Nobody: 7:03pm On Apr 15, 2017
niceair:

Grow up boy... which one is"pls I beg u"...
u wan spoil the guy market? leave am jor, u could have told him he shouldnt have to beg anygirl to have her attention
Re: Say No To Broke Men, Ladies Be Smart! by sirfee(m): 7:04pm On Apr 15, 2017
LawdOfNairaland:

Perfect!!!
The truth must be told,she made some valid points,but I don't like people who speak from both sides of their mouth.I won't advice a secondary school boy to go into a serious relationship because it may hinder his progress in life but friendship is allowed.I'm a working class youth,I pay my bills but I can't spend extravagantly on any lady because it is not mandatory.I hate adults who are dependant because people would always mock you,what men can do,women can do it better.Why do you want me to buy you an iphone which is irrelevant to me,why can't you work and get it yourself.I would assist my girlfriend at the right time(when she needs my help),but she shouldn't impose it on me.
Re: Say No To Broke Men, Ladies Be Smart! by divinelove(m): 7:05pm On Apr 15, 2017
Safiaa:
I know most men will be triggered by the title of this thread, without reading what i have to say. I really couldn't care less lol. This thread is directed to the ladies !!!

Now ladies, i'm not encouraging you to be lazy gold diggers with no ambition. I'm not encouraging you to use a man entirely for his money. Get your education, work hard and make something of yourself. Strive to be successful. HOWEVER....

Don't be lured into what we call 'ride or die'. A lot of men are deluded by their unrealistic dreams and goals, and believe they can sell you that dream. They'll tell you that they want to do this and that, but they never work towards achieving their goals. I call them empty vessels. Its really sad, because I've seen so many women waste their youth on men who sold them a dream, and end up suffering for the rest of their lives. There's a difference between a broke man with a vision, and a broke man with a fantasy. KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO. This is not Bonnie and Clyde, this is the real world, and if you can clearly see that this man is destined to be broke, RUNN!

As a woman, you need to use your YOUTH and BEAUTY to attract the best man who is financially stable as possible. This is not gold digging this is being SMART. Think about your children, think about your future. You don't want to be in your 30's wishing that you spent your younger years with another man. Money is very IMPORTANT in a relationship, and you need to be with someone who will compliment your finances.

Stop making excuses for men, who clearly don't have plans. Stop trying to be the ride or die chick, because you will die in poverty. Yes, we know that women can be the breadwinners of the house, But i can assure you that most women want to be taken care of. If you want to struggle with him now, open your eyes and be sure that you will NOT struggle with him FOREVER.

LADIES BE SMART, YOU'RE ONLY YOUNG ONCE! USE IT TO YOUR ADVANTAGE.

D title shld have been say no to jobless men not broke men. Any man without a job or steady source of income shld have no business dating women cool cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (22) (Reply)

Lady Cries Out As Her Husband Calls His Sidechick To Cook In Her Presence / Photo: You May Kiss The Bride / Meet Abena Ghanabah Who Has Slept With 700 Men, 27 Ghanaian Celebrities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.