Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:05 AM

Which Nigerian Tribe Will You Like To Marry From, Apart From Your Own Tribe? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Which Nigerian Tribe Will You Like To Marry From, Apart From Your Own Tribe? (19263 Views)

"Apart From Sex, Women Have Nothing To Offer In A Relationship." / Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? / What Tribe Would You Love To Marry From And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Nigerian Tribe Will You Like To Marry From, Apart From Your Own Tribe? by Jman06(m): 2:47pm On Apr 26, 2017
alexialin:
Am delta, Warri and now prefer Edo .

Way back then,I was obssessed with marrying Igbo. But my two Igbo exs especially their families , way back made me realise what tribalism is all about and its for real.

Then I had to go back to the drawing board , work on myself and also change the kind of guys i date and tribe too. Edo guy came into my life and I realise delta and Edo have so many things in common and i really feel athome with my man from Edo and his family , and my other female friends and male friends from Edo state. smiley
It's like experiencing home in Lagos . its a deep and soul lifting experience . smiley
With speaking pidgin inclusive wink
Sorry about your experience with those igbo exes. The problem is that many igbo parents have this bigoted believe that ladies from delta{ especially the non igbo parts} and edo are promiscous and would not be faithful to their sons. But now many igbo guys defy their families and marry their ladies regardless tribe.

6 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian Tribe Will You Like To Marry From, Apart From Your Own Tribe? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Apr 26, 2017
shinarlaura:

To make it in life, u have to be very hard working and at times it comes with stress be it a man or a woman. Last week was so stressful for me but am a bit relax this week.
no matter the stress as a women you to work softly,am not in support of you doing that but I support ur words...been a lady u met to work lightly and take care of yourself if u over laboure urself it will affect ur body and everything about you,these day's most ladies are carried away by their workforce and fogett abt settling down,so I don't advice you to over labor
Re: Which Nigerian Tribe Will You Like To Marry From, Apart From Your Own Tribe? by shinarlaura(f): 2:48pm On Apr 26, 2017
Martin124:
u know from how have seen pple and understand them u different unlike to compare with the people most expecially ladies ve come across,I still find it difficult to understand what make u happy as a lady you are,because I know there are people who love you and are willing to know the secret to ur happiness

Hahahaha.

Life itself makes me happy. I find every reason to be happy cuz life has been so fair with me. I ve always been like this but it had to increased when God gave me a second chance to live on earth.
Re: Which Nigerian Tribe Will You Like To Marry From, Apart From Your Own Tribe? by tossie101(f): 2:50pm On Apr 26, 2017
siye102:
I don't even want to marry my tribe.
I want a very fine Yoruba guy

Why are we havin 101 and 102 sef like we are courses. grin

Btw where are u from? smiley
Re: Which Nigerian Tribe Will You Like To Marry From, Apart From Your Own Tribe? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Apr 26, 2017
tossie101:

Why are we havin 101 and 102 sef like we are courses. grin
Btw where are u from? smiley
lol seriously! @101 and 102. I'm ogori from kogi state.
Re: Which Nigerian Tribe Will You Like To Marry From, Apart From Your Own Tribe? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Apr 26, 2017
I'm Igbo and I've never had the slightest thought or even imagined marrying outside my tribe.Igbo men are handsome,endowed wink,hardworking and I want my kids to be full bloooded Igbo but if I should marry outside I'll choose an Efik/ibibio man cos of cultural similarities .

12 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian Tribe Will You Like To Marry From, Apart From Your Own Tribe? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Apr 26, 2017
shinarlaura:

Hahahaha.

Life itself makes me happy. I find every reason to be happy cuz life has been so fair with me. I ve always been like this but it had to increased when God gave me a second chance to live on earth.
hmmmm I sight u,well you right,,,I wanted to know well I nor go talk again..
Re: Which Nigerian Tribe Will You Like To Marry From, Apart From Your Own Tribe? by shinarlaura(f): 2:53pm On Apr 26, 2017
Martin124:
no matter the stress as a women you to work softly,am not in support of you doing that but I support ur words...been a lady u met to work lightly and take care of yourself if u over laboure urself it will affect ur body and everything about you,these day's most ladies are carried away by their workforce and fogett abt settling down,so I don't advice you to over labor

Yeah. I think u re right especially concerning the settling down issue. At times we turn to forget about our own selves. No time to take care of our personal and love life
Re: Which Nigerian Tribe Will You Like To Marry From, Apart From Your Own Tribe? by tossie101(f): 2:55pm On Apr 26, 2017
siye102:

lol seriously! @101 and 102.
I'm ogori from kogi state.

Ok
Re: Which Nigerian Tribe Will You Like To Marry From, Apart From Your Own Tribe? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Apr 26, 2017
shinarlaura:

Yeah. I think u re right especially concerning the settling down issue. At times we turn to forget about our own selves. No time to take care of our personal and love life
u see,so I think you have to limit it,atleast with style,so u can focuse on ur pesonal life and what u will be settling with for eternity
Re: Which Nigerian Tribe Will You Like To Marry From, Apart From Your Own Tribe? by shinarlaura(f): 2:59pm On Apr 26, 2017
Martin124:
hmmmm I sight u,well you right,,,I wanted to know well I nor go talk again..

Lol ok let me tell u.

October 21 last year I was involved in a ghastly train accident that took the lives of over 700 people and more than 600 people were badly injured. I was among the few people that survived the accident. I came out with no wound on my body.

So u see why I have every reasons to be always happy.

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian Tribe Will You Like To Marry From, Apart From Your Own Tribe? by vantage001: 3:00pm On Apr 26, 2017
smh. undecided
Re: Which Nigerian Tribe Will You Like To Marry From, Apart From Your Own Tribe? by SGANIVA(m): 3:00pm On Apr 26, 2017
this thread should produce atleast 5 couples ,
waiting to see it in nairaland fp :Pthis thread should produce atleast 5 couples ,
waiting to see it in nairaland fp
Re: Which Nigerian Tribe Will You Like To Marry From, Apart From Your Own Tribe? by shinarlaura(f): 3:01pm On Apr 26, 2017
Martin124:
u see,so I think you have to limit it,atleast with style,so u can focuse on ur pesonal life and what u will be settling with for eternity

Atleast with style grin grin. This got me laughing.

Sure I will
Re: Which Nigerian Tribe Will You Like To Marry From, Apart From Your Own Tribe? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Apr 26, 2017
shinarlaura:

Sure I will
yeah wink
shinarlaura:

Sure I will
yeah so when you gonna be taking a leav
Re: Which Nigerian Tribe Will You Like To Marry From, Apart From Your Own Tribe? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Apr 26, 2017
shinarlaura:

Lol ok let me tell u.

October 21 last year I was involved in a ghastly train accident that took the lives of over 700 people and more than 600 people were badly injured. I was among the few people that survived the accident. I came out with no wound on my body.

So u see why I have every reasons to be always happy.
ow chisus uhm I think I head something about that last year,sorry dear thanks to God almighty,sure u ve reasons to be happy.
Re: Which Nigerian Tribe Will You Like To Marry From, Apart From Your Own Tribe? by shinarlaura(f): 3:08pm On Apr 26, 2017
Martin124:
ow chisus uhm I think I head something about that last year,sorry dear thanks to God almighty,sure u ve reasons to be happy.

Amen.

We really thank God
Re: Which Nigerian Tribe Will You Like To Marry From, Apart From Your Own Tribe? by vicben27(m): 3:08pm On Apr 26, 2017
my own tribe no more no less
Re: Which Nigerian Tribe Will You Like To Marry From, Apart From Your Own Tribe? by udysweet(f): 3:09pm On Apr 26, 2017
Ok,I have noticed you sir\ma. When your anger(baseless by the way) has died down,or better still tak a tall chilled glass of freshly squeezed orange juice,then go back and read what you quoted me on ok? Have a good day sir\ma
tossie101:

Stop talkin rubbish pls u said SOME and now
now tryin to use it to generalise.
This is an idividual bliv and not tribe stuff.
Go and read this topic from page one u will see some yoruba guys also complaining woman rejection from their parents.
So why single out igbo and saying TRUE THAT!
Igbo people i know marry alot from delta and akwaibom.
So this has nothing to do with tribe.
Likesome1 said above if "igboman rejects u blame it on ur character" expecially if u from s/s
Bcox our men marry alout from ss bcox they have similarites in culture!
Re: Which Nigerian Tribe Will You Like To Marry From, Apart From Your Own Tribe? by tossie101(f): 3:16pm On Apr 26, 2017
udysweet:
Ok,I have noticed you sir\ma. When your anger(baseless by the way) has died down,or better still tak a tall chilled glass of freshly squeezed orange juice,then go back and read what you quoted me on ok? Have a good day sir\ma

ur comment was irrational and unreasonable kid/adult
Go and take a nap wen wake up read wat u posted again and u would love edit kid/adult
Have a pleasant day kid/adult cool
Re: Which Nigerian Tribe Will You Like To Marry From, Apart From Your Own Tribe? by Nicho118(m): 3:17pm On Apr 26, 2017
siye102:
I don't even want to marry my tribe. I want a very fine Yoruba guy
Hmm. where are u from?
Re: Which Nigerian Tribe Will You Like To Marry From, Apart From Your Own Tribe? by udysweet(f): 3:17pm On Apr 26, 2017
K
tossie101:

ur comment was irrational and unreasonable kid/adult
Go and take a nap wen wake up read wat u posted again and u would love edit kid/adult
Have a pleasant day kid/adult cool
Re: Which Nigerian Tribe Will You Like To Marry From, Apart From Your Own Tribe? by Fmartin(m): 3:18pm On Apr 26, 2017
vicben27:
my own tribe no more no less
i guess u hv nt had an encounter with other tribes. grin
Re: Which Nigerian Tribe Will You Like To Marry From, Apart From Your Own Tribe? by tossie101(f): 3:19pm On Apr 26, 2017
Re: Which Nigerian Tribe Will You Like To Marry From, Apart From Your Own Tribe? by Fmartin(m): 3:27pm On Apr 26, 2017
siye102:
lol seriously! @101 and 102. I'm ogori from kogi state.
we ar neighbours grin
Re: Which Nigerian Tribe Will You Like To Marry From, Apart From Your Own Tribe? by vicben27(m): 3:37pm On Apr 26, 2017
Fmartin:
i guess u hv nt had an encounter with other tribes. grin
hav dated girls frm other tribes n i knw d differance! home is wer d hrt is! .n thank God i've found home
Re: Which Nigerian Tribe Will You Like To Marry From, Apart From Your Own Tribe? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Apr 26, 2017
shinarlaura:

Amen.
We really thank God
yeah!!!!
Re: Which Nigerian Tribe Will You Like To Marry From, Apart From Your Own Tribe? by kitaatita: 3:57pm On Apr 26, 2017
Brownbarbie97:
I'm Igbo and I've never had the slightest thought or even imagined marrying outside my tribe.Igbo men are handsome,endowed wink,hardworking and I want my kids to be full bloooded Igbo but if I should marry outside I'll choose an Efik/ibibio man cos of cultural similarities .
Nne, be broad minded. I am Igbo in cross cultural marriage and I have the best wife ever created. There are lovely Igbo women and Igbo men everywhere; so also other ethnic groups. Ethnicity doesn't define me.

2 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian Tribe Will You Like To Marry From, Apart From Your Own Tribe? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Apr 26, 2017
kitaatita:

Nne, be broad minded. I am Igbo in cross cultural marriage and I have the best wife ever created. There are lovely Igbo women and Igbo men everywhere; so also other ethnic groups. Ethnicity doesn't define me.
If I see a non Igbo man that has those good marriageable qualities I seek then of course!!
But then I still prefer an Igbo man anytime anyday.I can't deal with not being accepted by his people due to ethnic differences

5 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian Tribe Will You Like To Marry From, Apart From Your Own Tribe? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Apr 26, 2017
Fmartin:
we ar neighbours grin
ebira I guess?
Re: Which Nigerian Tribe Will You Like To Marry From, Apart From Your Own Tribe? by tossie101(f): 4:14pm On Apr 26, 2017
Brownbarbie97:

If I see a non Igbo man that has those good marriageable qualities I seek then of course!!
But then I still prefer an Igbo man anytime anyday.I can't deal with not being accepted by his people due to ethnic differences

Baby they neva know igbo men are d best biko tell them.. its igboman or nva same here dearie!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

If Your Boyfriend Keeps Many Female Friends / Can Two Siblings Date Or Marry Two Other Siblings From Another Family / Is Waiting Until Marriage An Outdated Concept?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.