Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,492 members, 7,816,166 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist (63052 Views)

She Said She Can't Date Me Because "I'm Too Clean". What Do I Do? / My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled / Should I Help A Lady That Refused To Date Me 4 Years Ago With Money? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist by Siscooh: 12:04am On May 14, 2017
I don't think it is normal for real practicing Christians to be here. God can ask us questions O. How come I am reading such insults? Na wa
Re: She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist by pressplay411(m): 12:05am On May 14, 2017
Can you even date yourrself as atheist?

She knows that nothing good can come out from such an atheist... and I give a good thumbs up to her for making a good choice!

Because Seu.n is an atheist and built Nairaland... every Tom... DICCK and Harry wants to become one!!

#Bullshit!!

See how ignorant you sound?
Being an evolved mind makes you intriguing which already makes ladies enamored to you.
Besides ladies tend to want to change or convert you.

Back to OP find out if your atheism is an issue of concern to her or her parents? If she accepts it, you'll have to keep it from her parents. If she's the one against it, just let her go cos it will only complicate your relationship especially if she's closed minded. Cos as a Christian she's being taught you're not eqially yoked. Lol

4 Likes

Re: She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist by CentoC: 12:07am On May 14, 2017
That is ur biz
Re: She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist by Nobody: 12:08am On May 14, 2017
Please accept Jesus into your life and make him your Lord and Saviour, thanks. Don't be like Seun; I pray he will find Jesus one day.
Re: She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist by thesuave10(m): 12:08am On May 14, 2017
felixomor:

I never said it disproves atheism
Read my first post.
I said "humans are born to believe"
We are not "born atheist" as he was trying to claim.

. It all depends on what you mean by "born to believe" .humans are actually born not believing in anything. A completely clean slate but we we're made and conditioned to believe in cerrain things. An example is the effect of stories in those scientific posts. When you were born you didn't believe in shiiit. Now according to that post the desire to believe came because humans had to believe in something as a way of hope
Humans are not born believers. They are not born atheists too. Because atheism is the belief that there's no God. And so we're not born believers but made believers

1 Like

Re: She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist by JAtoms: 12:09am On May 14, 2017
Japhet04:
I met this girl recently everything has been going well until she found out I am an atheist, she started avoiding me and said she doesn't want anything to do with me because of that fact.

I really like her cry, is there anything I can do to ignite a change of mind on her part

I wonder why you are an atheist, the name JAPHET is a Christian name .
Re: She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist by Nobody: 12:10am On May 14, 2017
pressplay411:

See how ignorant you sound?
Being an evolved mind makes you intriguing which already makes ladies enamored to you.
Besides ladies tend to want to change or convert you.

Back to OP find out if your atheism is an issue of concern to her or her parents? If she accepts it, you'll have to keep it from her parents. If she's the one against it, just let her go cos it will only complicate your relationship especially if she's closed minded. Cos as a Christian she's being taught you're not eqially yoked. Lol
This is the best response so far on this thread...

Thumbs Bro.

2 Likes

Re: She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist by danidee10(m): 12:10am On May 14, 2017
QuietHammer:
You ignoramuses insulting him, you were not born with a religion; you were born into one.

Sadly some people will carry Religion untop their head like it's a do or die affair.

Sometimes i think if i was born into Hinduism (Don't want to say islam hahaha grin). Today i would've been defending that Religion as the best in the world, as the "Right way".

I'm not an atheist and i believe in God, but You don't need to be super smart to know Religion is man made. It's Man's attempt to explain how he found himself on earth and why some things happen that he cannot explain. (Science has explained some but there's a lot left to explain)

Religion is not a fixed thing. It always adapt to the "CURRENT SITUATION OF THE WORLD"

Hundreds of Years ago people believed the earth was flat and the sun and stars revolved around us. (Even the bible and several holy books support this belief)

Fast forward to today Science has told us Otherwise, It's round and we move around the sun (They're still people who believe it's Flat and they're some convincing Reasons <I would really like to discuss the topic with an open minded person> )

Anyway most Religions adapted to the Fact that "THE EARTH IS SPHERICAL, BECAUSE SCIENCE SAID SO WITH SOME PROOFS."

The Bible described the earth as flat with Foundations and a firmament that separates the waters below from the one above.

But ask any bible believing christian if they believe the world is Flat they'll tell you Noooo it's round because of Science, Geography, etc etc and Even though the bible says otherwise. (I wish i could ask the Pope or one of these our Nigerian Papa's this question)

My point is Religion would always adapt depending on the situation, If most religions were really Special and sent down from Heaven this wouldn't be the case and everything they teach would be 100% True with no errors or contradictions. Every major Religion today has adapted their teachings and Several other beliefs to Keep up with the Modern times and stay current.

The Flat earth and Round earth is a good example because it cuts across a lot of Religions, but they're several things that have changed as time progressed in different religions.

Most Atheists i know are even better people than Christians that carry God and church untop their head.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist by lozanni(m): 12:11am On May 14, 2017
Japhet04:
I met this girl recently everything has been going well until she found out I am an atheist, she started avoiding me and said she doesn't want anything to do with me because of that fact.

I really like her cry, is there anything I can do to ignite a change of mind on her part

Prayers changes things. grin grin
Re: She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist by Jacobmanny(m): 12:11am On May 14, 2017
chiraqDemon:
Bros leave her, if she does not understand that each person has right to believe what he wants then she is not worth it. Besides I THOUGHT ITS HER JOB TO TRY AND CONVERT u according to the bible but she is instead shunning u, such christians are fake and she dies not deserve a deep thinker and someone with logical reasoning like u
not in the bible
Re: She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist by Ishilove: 12:11am On May 14, 2017
Japhet04:

It's probably for the best, because it will cause sorrow at the end

1 Like 1 Share

Re: She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist by CentoC: 12:12am On May 14, 2017
sincerely...ur case is different...u prefer to be an atheist...u will soon get to know that there not is God,when ur gas is exhausted.
Re: She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist by plessis: 12:12am On May 14, 2017
Look at how idiotic they all sound... I bet Muslims wouldn't even sound like these hypocrites....

Who did this to nigeria?...

2 Likes

Re: She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist by Nobody: 12:12am On May 14, 2017
NotOfThis:
Please accept Jesus into your life and make him your Lord and Saviour, thanks. Don't be like Seun; I pray he will find Jesus one day.
Have you ever been told that, "you will burn in hell for not worshipping LORD BRAHMA"?

1 Like

Re: She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist by jojothaiv(m): 12:13am On May 14, 2017
JAtoms:

I wonder why you are an atheist, the name JAPHET is a Christian name .
As a free thinking fellow he ought to have think for himself and change that name too, since atheism entails "critical thinking" as purported by the "enlightened folks" here...

I just dey gbadun tonight theatrical piece...
Re: She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist by felixomor: 12:13am On May 14, 2017
thesuave10:

. It all depends on what you mean by "born to believe" .humans are actually born not believing in anything. A completely clean slate but we we're made and conditioned to believe in cerrain things. An example is the effect of stories in those scientific posts. When you were born you didn't believe in shiiit. Now according to that post the desire to believe came because humans had to believe in something as a way of hope
Humans are not born believers. They are not born atheists too. Because atheism is the belief that there's no God. And so we're not born believers but made believers

Well, i have a study (and others too) to back up the fact that humans are born to believe.
Do you have a study to back up yours that "humans are made to believe" ??

1 Like

Re: She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist by chemystery: 12:14am On May 14, 2017
NotOfThis:
Start a journey to search for god. Half way into it, you will realise there is no god. You are simply on the surface and living with the faith that there is god.
Sit up and do a search dear

1 Like

Re: She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist by Nobody: 12:14am On May 14, 2017
danidee10:

Sadly some people will carry Religion untop their head like it's a do or die affair.

Sometimes i think if i was born into Hinduism (Don't want to say islam hahaha grin). Today i would've been defending that Religion as the best in the world, as the "Right way".

I'm not an atheist and i believe in God, but You don't need to be super smart to know Religion is man made. It's Man's attempt to explain how he found himself on earth and why some things happen that he cannot explain. (Science has explained some but there's a lot left to explain)

Religion is not a fixed thing. It always adapt to the "CURRENT SITUATION OF THE WORLD"

Hundreds of Years ago people believed the earth was flat and the sun and stars revolved around us. (Even the bible and several holy books support this belief)

Fast forward to today Science has told us Otherwise, It's round and we move around the sun (They're still people who believe it's Flat and they're some convincing Reasons <I would really like to discuss the topic with an open minded person> )

Anyway most Religions adapted to the Fact that "THE EARTH IS SPHERICAL, BECAUSE SCIENCE SAID SO WITH SOME PROOFS."

The Bible described the earth as flat with Foundations and a firmament that separates the waters below from the one above.

But ask any bible believing christian if they believe the world is Flat they'll tell you Noooo it's round because of Science, Geography, etc etc and Even though the bible says otherwise. (I wish i could ask the Pope or one of these our Nigerian Papa's this question)

My point is Religion would always adapt depending on the situation, If most religions were really Special and sent down from Heaven this wouldn't be the case and everything they teach would be 100% True with no errors or contradictions. Every major Religion today has adapted their teachings and Several other beliefs to Keep up with the Modern times and stay current.

The Flat earth and Round earth is a good example because it cuts across a lot of Religions, but they're several things that have changed as time progressed in different religions.

Most Atheists i know are even better people than Christians that carry God and church untop their head.
Case closed.

Another sensible response...

Thumbs Bro
Re: She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist by Nobody: 12:16am On May 14, 2017
felixomor:

Well, i have a study (and others too) to back up the fact that humans are born to believe.
He made his points clear enough for you to read in between lines.
Àbí to debate dae hungry you?

2 Likes

Re: She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist by felixomor: 12:17am On May 14, 2017
adepeter26:

He has made his points clear enough for you to read in between lines.
Àbí to debate dae hungry you?

Sorry, i m not discussing with clowns today undecided
Re: She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist by 2sexynet: 12:18am On May 14, 2017
Raine80:
You come as you are. If that shoe does not fit the foot, try another shoe. You don't have to give up what you believe in just because someone does not understand why. Did she ask why you had this point of view? You did not lie to her or try to deceive her. She has the problem of not being open minded not you.
Atheist should date Atheist... simple.
Re: She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist by thesuave10(m): 12:18am On May 14, 2017
felixomor:

That post doesn't back up anything. They're even saying might and maybe everywhere iN the post. Did you do English? Born to believe and born believers are two different things. So what's your pick and explain your understanding of what you think it means.
Re: She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist by 2sexynet: 12:19am On May 14, 2017
Japhet04:
you just earned my respect
look for an Atheist to date and let the girl be.
Re: She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist by Nobody: 12:21am On May 14, 2017
chemystery:

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

I'm an atheist and i live a morally upright life.
I use to heed to your quote up there before but i think that is bullshit! I will be glad to die and find out there is god cos he deserves some bashing for his blunders

Careful what you wish for
God is not mocked...
Re: She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist by Mypeople2(m): 12:22am On May 14, 2017
Japhet04:

Move on my guy.Go and look for someone else that is an atheist like you
Re: She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist by Nobody: 12:25am On May 14, 2017
I'm late to this thread because I skimmed through it yesterday and never knew it will make front page. However, here is my opinion to the op.

I'm also atheist like you and you just have to accept the fact that you in a theist dominated environment, they will always win because to them, what's popular is always right, christianity is popular and Atheist is the opposite so we Atheist can easily be regarded as rebels to the popular group even though we mean no harm.

why is it difficult to find a girlfriend/wife as an atheist?

For a start, you have to know that evolution doesn't favour the intelligent. Evolution favours the ignorant and less intelligent specie. That's explains why intelligent and educated couple take long considering if they are ready to have children or not but the the less educated or ignorant people just have s ex at will thereby replenishing the earth with no concrete plan for the future. The cycle continues but in the long run, the intelligent are dying out while the dummy are populating the Earth, that's why it's hard to find more Einstein than Joel Osteen. And girls would only want a regular guy from the ignorant specie because he would easily comform to the tradition and culture of the dominant specie and in the case, we atheist are like out cast and will continue to be minute so it will be so difficult to find an atheist partner but there are.

My recommendation - Get any girl of your choice, hide your Anti-religious believe till you both far gone in the relationship then break the news to her and watch how she would handle it, the outcome should be a test to know if you have truly found a soul mate or not.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist by felixomor: 12:25am On May 14, 2017
thesuave10:

That post doesn't back up anything. They're even saying might and maybe everywhere iN the post. Did you do English? Born to believe and born believers are two different things. So what's your pick and explain your understanding of what you think it means.

In summary, you have no study....
I only asked a simple question.
It didn't warrant a long explanation.
And your talk shows you are not conversant with research.
That is why the word "maybe" is giving u problems.
Re: She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist by Nobody: 12:25am On May 14, 2017
chemystery:
confuse a eist but most ladies are too religious. Even the female atheist are silent and no where to be found

Atheist are the best people to be with.
we are not synonymous with evil.

U don't say?!
Re: She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist by Fucktensei: 12:25am On May 14, 2017
Japhet04:

so sad! But you know what? dump her sorry ass and get the heck outta there!

1 Like 1 Share

Can you even date yourself as an atheist?

She knows that nothing good can come out from such an atheist... and I give a good thumbs up to her for making a good choice!

Because Seu.n is an atheist and built Nairaland... every Tom... DICCK and Harry wants to become one!!

#Bullshit!!

some scientists who changed the world positively where atheist, and we as Christians shouldn't judge or force people to believe in our faiths. we can only pray and try to convince but we shouldn't judge or play the role of God.
Re: She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist by Benekruku(m): 12:26am On May 14, 2017
NotOfThis:

Have u found Jesus?

If yes, where is he?

I dont want to hear fictional explanation

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (27) (Reply)

Hilarious .. Most guyz are guilty of this (pic) / The Mumu Button Of Every Man. / Guys When They Are Toasting you Vs Guys When You Agree To Date Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.