Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,680 members, 7,831,108 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

If Your Girlfriend Gets Pregnant Unexpectedly - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If Your Girlfriend Gets Pregnant Unexpectedly (14160 Views)

My Girlfriend Gets Sad Over Every Little Thing. / If A Guy Grabs Your Boobs Unexpectedly, What Should You Do? / Opinion : My Girlfriend Gets Carried Away When She Sees Male Friends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Your Girlfriend Gets Pregnant Unexpectedly by Outkast(f): 11:49pm On Dec 20, 2005
the question was if your girlfriend gets pregnant unexpectedly so I'm guessing they most be having sex and yes I know that abstinence is a 100% effective.I meant if you cant accept reponsibilty then don't do the deed FOD when i said if u can't stand the heat don't go into the kitchen
Re: If Your Girlfriend Gets Pregnant Unexpectedly by vinna(f): 12:14pm On Dec 21, 2005
doubleface:

i bet u the day they stop child support that every day the number of single mother will reduce by 80%

angry This is utter trash!! are u saying there is child support in every nation of world? we all know the ansa to that, NO! And are there no single mothers in those nations too? of course YES! so wat are u talking about?

I still maintain it is irresponsibility of the highest order for u do impregnate a woman and then leave her to fend for herself and the baby.

I'll rephrase outkast's slogan,"if you don't want heat, then don't even venture into the kitchen at all."
Re: If Your Girlfriend Gets Pregnant Unexpectedly by seriks(m): 1:16pm On Dec 21, 2005
People!! Please tell the truth.

Deji below was being real.

The only answer here for both guys and girls is:

1. If u are still in school or u are not settled, abortion is the answer.

Do it, move with your life, learn some lessons (especially the lesson of using a condom correctly, truth is most people who get
pregnant either no dey use condom or do not use it correctly) Notice I dont preach abstainance, body no bi wood. it is not
easy.

2. Deji Olowe was right in the case that the guy is ready for the responsibility.

I think it is the responsibilty of girls to know the kind of relationship they are in. U can not get pregnant for a guy with whom u are having a fling. That is dumb. u go suffer

This is what happens in the real world.

dejiolowe:

if babe get belle, na yawa gas be that o.

na situation go yearn the thing wey i go do.

1. if the chick na raz girl or otondo, na comot i go tell am make she comot am
2. if the girl na playa, man, i no go gree o because the thing no fit be my own o. u know say if be say i waka there go write my attendance
3. if the babe na correct, and i dey ok myself, then i go arrange make i marry am or do something proper make shame no come for am

na my own position be that
Re: If Your Girlfriend Gets Pregnant Unexpectedly by tipsy289(m): 11:03pm On Dec 21, 2005
if dat happens, take a test 2 knw the childs status,if its mine,i will be responsible and take care of the girl and child,what has happend has happend so u take care of them.i will protect myself next time cos at my young age,its my parents dat will take care of the child
Re: If Your Girlfriend Gets Pregnant Unexpectedly by IAH(f): 11:08pm On Dec 21, 2005
Some people just talk sha. So because a girl wants to collect meagre child support, she will deliberately get pregnant and shatter her dreams? Guys...please think!!! Hanhan!
Re: If Your Girlfriend Gets Pregnant Unexpectedly by Oyinhoney(m): 11:34pm On Dec 21, 2005
TO CHILLIN..... GOD GO BLESS U.
Re: If Your Girlfriend Gets Pregnant Unexpectedly by abuguy64(m): 2:14pm On Dec 22, 2005
Hmmm...There is no simple answer really to this question.I guess it depends on the guy's (and other)circumstances. As guys we know some of the tricks that are plaed on young innocent girls(spiked drinks,sleeping pills,fake contraceptives).Some are even told marraige will only happen,if they get pregnant.People have sex,girls get pregnant. Not all ladie may be as lucky or wise a some of our nairaland gals appear. The number of abortions(legal and illegal)taking place daily-shows just what most people would do if a gal got pregnant for them. In my early years medical practice I saw a lot,and heard a lot of incredible stories(and I have practised in both rural and urban areas). the story na the same. I dont wont to elaborate further. My advice to all is informative/educative sex education to all females from early age!
Re: If Your Girlfriend Gets Pregnant Unexpectedly by cutejustyz(m): 10:04pm On Dec 22, 2005
Of cuz i trust her, so i know the pregnancy is mine, so wat stop me 4 accepting it, of cus it's my blood and if i never loved her, i wouldn't get her pregnant in da 1st place.
Re: If Your Girlfriend Gets Pregnant Unexpectedly by elphem(m): 11:27am On Dec 23, 2005
wink For real nothing dey happen as 2face talk. Life starts better with dat. But meanwhile I think it will be rather bad if its going to a chop and run girl but if its a girl you think you like, it's only a small time and everything will sort itself out. Afterall one of my guy don do am and dey enjoy the dividends now. grin
Re: If Your Girlfriend Gets Pregnant Unexpectedly by Outkast(f): 2:43pm On Dec 23, 2005
@cutejustyz may God continue to bless you with wisdom and knowledge in abundance my guy,
Re: If Your Girlfriend Gets Pregnant Unexpectedly by dagaro(m): 6:53pm On Dec 23, 2005
If your Girlfriend Gets Pregnant Unexpectedly or rather Expectedly, then u better marry her.
Re: If Your Girlfriend Gets Pregnant Unexpectedly by nana(f): 11:09pm On Dec 23, 2005
If she gets pregnant unexpectely,then u had better marry her unexpectedly as well.
Re: If Your Girlfriend Gets Pregnant Unexpectedly by Kenya(f): 9:50am On Dec 24, 2005
You didn't say if protection was used or not

In the case of no protection

I don't get the unexpected part.
Unless protection is used then it is to be expected that it could or would happen at some point right?
Re: If Your Girlfriend Gets Pregnant Unexpectedly by elphem(m): 6:55pm On Dec 24, 2005
@ Kenya, sometimes protection may not really work out and you are at the expense of how sharp the girl is. Abi?
Re: If Your Girlfriend Gets Pregnant Unexpectedly by Kenya(f): 9:40pm On Dec 24, 2005
Yeah that's true. women have many methods of birth control.
Personally I don't care for any of them. I guess it is wise to plan your children if u are able
Re: If Your Girlfriend Gets Pregnant Unexpectedly by linda(f): 10:03pm On Dec 29, 2005
The situation, which occurs frequently, shows the wisdom of not having sex unless a lifetime commitment has arisen in your heart. If she is pregnant, then you should marry her and commit your life to helping her and the baby find peace and happiness.

Linda
Re: If Your Girlfriend Gets Pregnant Unexpectedly by mide2(f): 2:38am On Dec 30, 2005
Re: If Your Girlfriend Gets Pregnant Unexpectedly by jonpinjeff(m): 11:58am On Dec 30, 2005
To be Honest, if my girlfriend comes up and tells me that shes pregnant im definitely going to have mixed feelings about.
1. The thought of denial will crop up.
2.  Ill be happy that im fertile .

What action i will take?
1.If shes the kind of woman I can spend the rest of my Life with, I ll settle down with her.
2. If shes not the wife type, Id ask her to deliver the baby, but theres no law in the land that says I must marry a girl 'cos shes pregnant for me, Yes the baby's mine. Its  my resposibility, but the hell im not going to pass thru a long life of regrets with a woman I cant live with.

This is where the truth surfaces: Not every Sex Partner is a Life Partner. Wow!!! We guys are selfish arent we?
Ladies, Shine Your Eyez
Re: If Your Girlfriend Gets Pregnant Unexpectedly by mapyellow(m): 1:15pm On Dec 30, 2005
It all depends on the situation at hand. As a christian I would have avoided such a situation but since it has happened and I am not yet married I will take responsibility. On the other hand I will ask her to go for abortion. Anyway I have done a lot while in school and while serving. May God have mercy.
Re: If Your Girlfriend Gets Pregnant Unexpectedly by chrisd(m): 1:16pm On Dec 30, 2005
If my Girlfriend Gets Pregnant Unexpectedly I'll leave her Unexpectedly grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: If Your Girlfriend Gets Pregnant Unexpectedly by chrisd(m): 1:18pm On Dec 30, 2005
I looked better at the thread. I thought if it was by some othere than oneself.
Re: If Your Girlfriend Gets Pregnant Unexpectedly by dejiolowe: 1:23pm On Dec 30, 2005
@Outkast What silly wisdom do you have or what blessing will you have from God when you are supposed to zip up?
Re: If Your Girlfriend Gets Pregnant Unexpectedly by dejiolowe: 1:25pm On Dec 30, 2005
@chrisd You can expect more troubles to follow you SUDDENLY... grin
Re: If Your Girlfriend Gets Pregnant Unexpectedly by chrisd(m): 1:29pm On Dec 30, 2005
We are not supposed to zip up, but to take responsibility. Don't know why it should make a difference. It is as though they were married right?
Re: If Your Girlfriend Gets Pregnant Unexpectedly by Outkast(f): 4:31pm On Dec 30, 2005
@dejiolowe what the hell are you talking about?
Re: If Your Girlfriend Gets Pregnant Unexpectedly by alheri(f): 4:49pm On Dec 30, 2005
If your girl gets pregnant unexpectedly, you dont have to marry her unexpectedly. Marriage is not a thing to joke about. If youre sure youre responsible for the pregnancy, accept it and show support to your girl. If you love her enough and have the means, then you can think about marriage. Dont allow any one (gal,parents,siblings,friends) to force you into anything. Marriage isnt always the best option. It can cause more harm than good sometimes. Just learn from your mistakes. If she keeps the baby and you guys remain together, you now know better. If she aborts, you still know better. You'll be more careful in the future, whether together or not. I am not supporting abortion here, it just that people do these things and though wrong it still happens.
Re: If Your Girlfriend Gets Pregnant Unexpectedly by wande(m): 5:08pm On Dec 30, 2005
Depending on your level of maturity, becos you need to plan for it, if it is not planned for please let there be agreement wether to terminate it or continue with the pregnancy.
Re: If Your Girlfriend Gets Pregnant Unexpectedly by chrisd(m): 5:17pm On Dec 30, 2005
I like it to be planeed too and be proud of having that child. No one liked to be abondoned by their parents and being thought of an inconvience because it messed their parents life.
Re: If Your Girlfriend Gets Pregnant Unexpectedly by Aderonke(f): 5:24pm On Dec 30, 2005
but in actual fact, guys can be very funny in this matter. take for example this true life experience. it happened to a friend of mine

she so much loves this guy cos d guy was her first(he disvirgined her) in d process of their frequent love-making, she got pregnant for this guys. U know wat d bobo did? he denied ever knowing d girl outrightly!

thank God for d type of family d girl comes frm and knowing fully well abt their (my friend & her bf) relationship. they made her keep d pregnancy and she delivered a baby that looks exactly like this stupid boy. i need to mention d pain and shame she went thru among collegues and neigbours dat knew abt her relationship wit d guy, enough mockery and sides talks, that was b4 d  delivery o!

recently, my friend called to tell me dat d guy wants 'his son' back dat it was d devil's work dat made him to deny d baby initially.

just imagine! angry
Re: If Your Girlfriend Gets Pregnant Unexpectedly by chrisd(m): 5:28pm On Dec 30, 2005
You got that right. I was talking about men there not boys.
Re: If Your Girlfriend Gets Pregnant Unexpectedly by Aderonke(f): 5:49pm On Dec 30, 2005
and do u think i'm refering to a shool boy here
Re: If Your Girlfriend Gets Pregnant Unexpectedly by chrisd(m): 6:05pm On Dec 30, 2005
I know what you meant, but that kind of attitude is childlish to me. There is a time when we say ''We need strong men''

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

9 Types Of Girlfriends / Can You Date A Girl That Won't Cook For You? / How Long Should Courtship Last?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.