Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,900 members, 7,956,399 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:15 AM

401kk's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 401kk's Profile / 401kk's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (of 17 pages)

Family / Re: Getting Married Without A Job by 401kk: 10:32am On Sep 05, 2012
Ujujoan:

funny you are blaming 'feminism'!

Poster in no way suggests she is one!

I'm not saying she's a feminist and I know she isn't. I'm just pointing out why its "much of an issue" in these modern times.
Celebrities / Re: Picture Of Funke Akindele 'Jenifa' As A Baby by 401kk: 10:21am On Sep 05, 2012
Not cute, not ugly, just there.
Family / Re: Getting Married Without A Job by 401kk: 10:17am On Sep 05, 2012
Ujujoan: It's amazing how much of an issue this is becoming. . . . a woman NOT having a job!

God originally intended for man to be the sole PROVIDER. Women are considered HOME-MAKERS and HELPERS; not am associate PROVIDER!

I really do not think men should make it a big deal that their wives do not work, afterall, taking care of the family, financially, is originally the man's sole responsibility!

Well, what can I say?
Since feminism demanded that women be accorded certain duties, privileges and responsibilities traditionally accorded to men, certain privileges accorded to women are no longer seen as necessary because women and men are one meant to share equal responsibilities notwithstanding the gender.
Business / Re: I Am Wanting To Build A Retail Business And I Need Advice For My Start-up by 401kk: 11:30pm On Sep 04, 2012
My post was hidden? What a shame.
Politics / Re: Foreigners Own Naira Patent – CBN by 401kk: 11:25pm On Sep 04, 2012
What has this got to do with the introduction of a 5000 naira note?
If the patent of the design is owned by foreigners, then redesign the notes only, don't add a new note because the patent is owned by foreigners. That's stupid.
Politics / Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by 401kk: 11:02pm On Sep 04, 2012
This is absolute nonsense. I actually can't believe that NOI endorsed this new programme. As a world bank executive, she is supposed to know that this decision will harm the economy. I'm highly embarrased.
Family / Re: Getting Married Without A Job by 401kk: 10:56pm On Sep 04, 2012
I even thought you were a man. This is not a big deal, most nigerian marriages are financed by the men because they see it as an obligation.
It is good that you're worried about you lack of financial contribution towards the wedding, at least it shows that you understand what modern relationships are about.
Love your husband and take care of him, I pray he reciprocates. Goodluck
Family / Re: Why Deny Your Husband Food After A Fight? by 401kk: 2:21pm On Sep 04, 2012
deniyor: Perfect reasons to go out and enjoy that meal at the place I'm always fantasizing about. winkAnything is fair game there too.
Afterall, if I don't want to cook myself, I can afford to eat out. Less money to spend on the wife anyways.

Correct. I don't know how to cook, but you can't punish me with food.
Travel / Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by 401kk: 7:15am On Sep 04, 2012
The only thing expensive in Abuja is accomodation, besides that, Abuja is not an expensive place to live in.
Port harcourt is the most expensive place to live in naija.
Celebrities / Re: Who Is The Most Famous Action Film Star Of All Time? by 401kk: 9:41am On Sep 03, 2012
Chakin chan
Celebrities / Re: World's Shortest Man & Woman Meet For The First Time In History by 401kk: 7:32am On Aug 31, 2012
Such portable human beings, looks like they were born in pure water sachets.

2 Likes

Celebrities / Re: Genevieve's Lookalike? (pix) by 401kk: 7:29am On Aug 31, 2012
J12: Yeah, and I'm Trey Songs twin brother.

Trey Songs ko, Tray Music ni.
Family / Re: Why Are Nigerian Marriages Such A Farce? by 401kk: 7:27am On Aug 31, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Like I said, the rest of the world seems to be working on a solution to the problem . . .better laws to accommodate both sides especially the women and children, while in Nigeria, it seems the majority are choosing to continue turning a blind eye to the problem. The role models for the current generation happen to be some of those who still want wives who are partly slaves. So the question is can it get better if things are allowed to continue as-is?

So what are those better laws? Imagine you're a senator of the federal republic of Nigeria, what laws will you come up with?
European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Re: Andres Iniesta 2012 UEFA Best Player by 401kk: 7:20am On Aug 31, 2012
DANILSA: They should go ahead and give him would best, the guy is the best play maker the world has seen.

Are you ten years old or something?
Pls change your comment to "the best playmaker I have ever seen" because I can comfortably list fifty playmakers that are better than Iniesta. It's obvious you started watching football in 2010.

Now back to the award, I believe this award was given based on sentiments. Yes! Because if it were based on actual perfomance, messi or ronaldo deserved it more than iniesta.
Messi had more assists, more goals and is a better player; Ronaldo scored more, played better, won the la liga.

If this award was hinged on his euro perfomance, he still doesn't deserve it. He was not the most outstanding midfielder in the spanish team. David silva was there, fabregas was there, the Xavis were there also. Personally, I believe Modric, Pirlo and Nani(yes nani) had equally outstanding perfomances too, but due to the fact that they played in less stronger teams, they couldn't win the trophy.

So, sentiments aside, you can clearly see that Iniesta doesn't deserve the award.
Crime / Re: Ritualists Behead A 16 Year-old Groundnut Seller In Anambra by 401kk: 6:33am On Aug 31, 2012
I don't like hearing inhuman stories like these. What a life
Celebrities / Re: Genevieve's Lookalike? (pix) by 401kk: 2:04pm On Aug 30, 2012
You dey see road?
Celebrities / Re: R Kelly Lookalike ! by 401kk: 2:03pm On Aug 30, 2012
LMAO
Family / Re: Why Are Nigerian Marriages Such A Farce? by 401kk: 9:20am On Aug 30, 2012
Why are western marriages such a farce, they take vows to stay together till death but they end the vow within a short period of time for selfish reasons?
Politics / Re: Where Is The Surplus Of Our Crude Oil Production Going? by 401kk: 8:27am On Aug 30, 2012
IOC's gotta eat too, you know. So subtract half of that and give it to the IOC's.
Politics / Re: Asari Dokubo’s Wife Says Critics Of Payments To Ex-militants Are Insane by 401kk: 8:25am On Aug 30, 2012
Trash
Fashion / Re: Men Who Wear Make-up, How Attractive Do You Find Them? by 401kk: 2:28pm On Aug 28, 2012
Makeup aren't meant for women only.
Celebrities / Re: I-Go-Dye Buys Escalade And Range-Rover-Evogue Worth N38M by 401kk: 1:45pm On Aug 28, 2012
Na still small boy for my side sha
Politics / Re: Seun-Kuti: Remove My Grandma's-face From N5000 Note by 401kk: 1:06pm On Aug 28, 2012
Mr.chippychappy:

Lol.

Seun shouldn't worry, the note won't be introduced.
Business / Re: I Am Wanting To Build A Retail Business And I Need Advice For My Start-up by 401kk: 12:59pm On Aug 28, 2012
What do you mean by "where does one start"?
Business / Re: Conversation With Sanusi On "New" Currency Policy by 401kk: 10:52am On Aug 27, 2012
Thanks Jarus for bringing this to nairaland.
SLS made some points quite well but I don't agree still.

First of all how will this reduce the cost of printing and managing currency?

2 Likes

Politics / Re: N5,000 Will Strengthen The Cashless Policy – CBN Official by 401kk: 3:11pm On Aug 26, 2012
Billyonaire: You have tactfully ignored that the reduction of low denominations from the system once 5000 notes are introduced will reduce cash in circulation and this is pro-cashless policy. You have also tactfully avoided to accept that it will enormous savings to produce more of 5000 notes than lower notes like 50,10,20. What do we chose to gain by losing money to maintain the status quo?

The lower denominations cannot be removed from the system because they are in greater demand. People and businesses use them more on a daily basis. Erasing them from the system will lead to inflation because prices of goods and services will change to reflect and adapt to the new situation.
Politics / Re: N5,000 Will Strengthen The Cashless Policy – CBN Official by 401kk: 2:43pm On Aug 26, 2012
Billyonaire: Apart from the inks and the mould there is no much difference, and the cost is not much different. But it saves CBN a lot of money if higher denominations are produced. DOnt get me wrong, I do not support conversion of low denomination to coins, but I say introduction of 5000 note will reduce the quantity of notes in the system because as soon as 5000 Note is introduced, equivalent amount of total notes introduced will be mopped out of the system by removing the lower denominations, and reduction of cash notes in the system is pro-cashless policy.

You're just mixing up everything.
1. It costs the same amout of money to print all the polymer naira notes that is N5, 10, 20 and 50
2. To say that it saves the CBN money if the 5000 note is introduced is more ridiculous. Why?
All other lower denominations will continue to be printed because they have a higher demand. There is no demand for this 5000 naira note, if there is any demand, it is very negligable.
So, given that the lower notes will continue to be printed (even at a higher rate) and the 5000 will rarely be used by majority of Nigerians, I don't see how they are saving money.

1 Like

Politics / Re: N5,000 Will Strengthen The Cashless Policy – CBN Official by 401kk: 2:25pm On Aug 26, 2012
[quote author=dorothy111][/quote]
Actually, its seven. There are 2 dollars notes but they are rarely printed or used.
Politics / Re: N5,000 Will Strengthen The Cashless Policy – CBN Official by 401kk: 2:22pm On Aug 26, 2012
PresGEJ:

The US has 7 paper notes, Nigeria has 9. What is the big deal?!

Is it a sin to lead the US in at least one area?

Young man, have you passed WAEC yet? You don't sound smart.

Long Live Nigeria.

Your Presido

Monkey, so if the world's leading economys currency note has six denominations, then a poor country like Nigeria should have more?
Celebrities / Re: John Mikel Obi`s Brother & Look Alike by 401kk: 2:09pm On Aug 26, 2012
They sure do look alike, a chinese can't spot the difference.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (of 17 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.