Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,123 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1172448 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ladylco: 7:42pm On Nov 22, 2017
[quote author=Vanity007 post=62595968]Good day house.. I just booked my Interview for 9th of Jan. Am a lawyer and I earn good money alongside property management for my clients. I intend to spend ten days in Austin Texas with my male friend who is a Nurse.. Am 33, married with two kids..previous trip to Saudi Arabia for my hajj. My wife decided to spend her own vacation in Dubai two months ago ago with the kids base on the fact that she wears hijab and does not feel comfortably with the American attitude with Hijab Ladies.( no intention to state this thou) so she gave me the permission to spend the ten days with my friend in Texas. So am assuming my interview goes thus.

VO: Good Morning

Me: Good morning Sir.

VO: where are you going in US

Me: Austin Texas.. Tech Ridge precisely

VO: You know someone there?

Me: My blossom friend who is a Registered Nurse is

there and I would be spending my short stay with him

and his family

VO: why do u want to visit Texas

Me: Have heard a great lot of beautiful things about

Texas from my friend , its Night life and good food as well as lovely parks. I do love to also Visit San Antonio to watch my favourite spurs but definitely not in this trip

VO: are you married?

Me: Yes I have a beautiful wife and two lovely Kids age 5 and 3

VO: you have kids?

ME: Yes I have two lovely kids and expecting the third child by July. ( just giving sufficient reason to come back )

VO: what do you do for a living

Me: Am a lawyer and I run my own firm alongside

property consultancy. I have my client base.

VO: what's you monthly salary?

Me: 375k after tax inclusive of monthly charges on

property I manage for my clients.

VO: Have you travelled out of the Country before?

Me: I traveled to Saudi Arabia Last year for my Hajj

Note: All information supplied are genuine info. Do I stand a chance? Would appreciate seeing your corrections now than when the blue paper is in my hand. God bless you all .
[/quote

Go with confidence and have your visa, make sure you have the passport that has your travel history.
...may luck, grace fall on you.

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Zimzee: 8:41pm On Nov 22, 2017
OmoBendel24:

None of the above is actually needed. Hardly is this believed by new applicants though, but it's the truth!

Then, this is for the general public, also have come to the realisation that agents are part of the major contributors causing loads of applicants to disbelieve this too. If you believe this, no agent can easily con you, disbelieving this is the gateway to their extortion exercise. They need to make documents for you na, manipulation/payment starts and graduates from there....

The worst part is that this is the reason they lead many to fall in the trap of misrepresentation, even great misrepresentations that becomes difficult for applicants to ever correct.

#Beware
Thank you....... So we shouldn't bother with those abii?.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Zimzee: 8:44pm On Nov 22, 2017
domcreative:

Your newly registered company doc. won't be checked, likely your bank statement, just explain your business and when asked be able to defend it. my 10 cent
Thank you. So she should continue with her personal account for now?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Tarry(m): 8:54pm On Nov 22, 2017
blisssexy:
Thank you.
Pls how do I get the form k-1, does he need to still send me letter of invitation?

he will have to first petitioned for you over there in the US and after the petition has been approve, he will be notified by mail after which you will apply for your visa. You will fill the normal non- immigrant visa form DS-160 and provide additional documents. However, you must plan to get married over there within 90 days.

You can get more info here https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/family/fiance-k-1.html#4

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ladylco: 9:43pm On Nov 22, 2017
[quote author=shirley013 post=62621010]Good evening.
Please my husband is trying to schedule an appointment with me but we are having a challenge adding me because I already have a profile.
Do I need to request to deactivate my own profile so he can add me as we would like to be interviewed together?.
And is there a consequences for deactivating my account.
Thanks[/quote

Yes, contact support
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 9:45pm On Nov 22, 2017
Hello blisssexy -

Start here:

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/family/fiance-k-1.html

Your fiance will need to file form I-129 with US Citizenship and Immigration services.

LagosNIV

blisssexy:
Thank you.
Pls how do I get the form k-1, does he need to still send me letter of invitation?

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by concho(m): 10:28pm On Nov 22, 2017
The conference /Training my brother will be going for is holding on march 2018. Please , when is the best time to book for appointment?. We do not want to rush anything
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by uzotex150: 10:52pm On Nov 22, 2017
LadyGuinivere:
Welcome to part 3 of this thread, Like the Phoenix, Part 2 must go down for part 3 to be born (Although the info in Parts 1 and 2 remain priceless and Must/Ought to be read by any serious applicant.Part 2 was wonderful. Lots of lovely people offering great advice. Each in their own unique style. You guys rock!!! You know yourselves.

For enquiries relating to likely interview questions and self evaluation, kindly go through both parts 1 and 2 of this thread so you have a fair knowledge of answers to such questions.

Kindly note that this is a do it yourself thread. Nobody here is an agent. Nobody is a VO, hence cannot authoritatively predict your chances of visa success .

Happy reading and good luck to all the honest visa seekers!

Please see part 1 here for reference:
https://www.nairaland.com/608780/usa-visit-visa/322#38856287

See part 2 here for reference https://www.nairaland.com/2656320/usa-visit-visa-part-2

Due to the fact that some questions are frequently asked, repeated and retreated, the links to the questions are contained herein for easy reference
For instructions and documents required for the application
http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/mobile//non-immigrant_visas.html

To book appointment and fill DS 160
http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/mobile//niv_appointmnent_instructions.html

Note:The steps for the whole process is set out step by step. For your own good, adhere. If not, a possibility exists that the final ds 160 number will be different from the one used to book the appointment . Applicants in those situations will neither be allowed to enter the embassy nor will they be interviewed.
In the event of such an occurence, kindly call/email the embassy to sort it out .

Peraventure you wish to change a detail in an already submitted ds 160, fill a new one, submit and call/email the embassy

For US embassy contact Nos and email
http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/mobile/contact.html

For video interviews with actual VOs on frequently asked Questions
https://www.nairaland.com/2656320/usa-visit-visa-part-2/180#47174473

https://plus.google.com/app/basic/s/%23AsktheVOs

For sample transcripts of some interviews (as posted by the users of this thread) Please check this link https://www.nairaland.com/download/4692218

Finally, Lying on your ds 160 or during the interview is misrepresentation and a crime. This thread's aim is not to teach / coach applicants on how to lie. The truth is ALWAYS the best course of action no matter the situation. Please DO NOT ask about how to misrepresent on this thread.

I'm grateful to God that I am alive to create this new part. And for the several friends I have made hereon.

Thank you.
Humbly
LadyGuinivere

please I my USA visa Agent have submitted my VISA application and have booked appointment for me ..I have changed my mind of country....can cancel the whole thing? would it affect me if I want to travel to US in the future?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OtunOba15(m): 11:01pm On Nov 22, 2017
Can you please read again what you just posted so that we can understand what you are trying to say......

[sub][/sub]
uzotex150:

please I my USA visa Agent have submitted my VISA application and have booked appointment for me ..I have changed my mind of country....can cancel the whole thing? would it affect me if I want to travel to US in the future?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by coldsummer: 6:49am On Nov 23, 2017
uzotex150:

You can cancel. No it won't affect you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by felicia87: 8:13am On Nov 23, 2017
Good morning Gurus in the house. ..

I intend travelling ending of March 2018. Presently, the available dates for interview ( appointment ) is still in January 2018.

Please house, is it advisable to book an appointment 2 months before the intended date of travelling ?

Please, I humbly await your reply. . . . Thanks!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by kristinbaby: 8:43am On Nov 23, 2017
Yes you can book your appointment 2 months before your traveling date.

felicia87:

I intend travelling ending of March 2018. Presently, the available dates for interview ( appointment ) is still in January 2018.

Please house, is it advisable to book an appointment 2 months before the intended date of travelling ?

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by kristinbaby: 8:48am On Nov 23, 2017
You can book your appointment anytime you want before your traveling date. I will advice you book your appointment as early as possible, this will give you time to reapply incase you are denied. Best of luck.

concho:
The conference /Training my brother will be going for is holding on march 2018. Please , when is the best time to book for appointment?. We do not want to rush anything

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by felicia87: 9:08am On Nov 23, 2017
kristinbaby:
Yes you can book your appointment 2 months before your traveling date.

Thanks for your prompt response. ......
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Sebastine1606(m): 9:21am On Nov 23, 2017
After resumption from break, this one caught my interest so much... Bros, you mean you are guessing how the interview will go?
There's no one bar to questions asked, if not, tryst me Nigerians are good in cramming even a full text book
Just prepare, do your best and ask the Lord for favor... That's all

[quote author=Vanity007 post=62595968]Good day house.. I just booked my Interview for 9th of Jan. Am a lawyer and I earn good money alongside property management for my clients. I intend to spend ten days in Austin Texas with my male friend who is a Nurse.. Am 33, married with two kids..previous trip to Saudi Arabia for my hajj. My wife decided to spend her own vacation in Dubai two months ago ago with the kids base on the fact that she wears hijab and does not feel comfortably with the American attitude with Hijab Ladies.( no intention to state this thou) so she gave me the permission to spend the ten days with my friend in Texas. So am assuming my interview goes thus.

VO: Good Morning

Me: Good morning Sir.

VO: where are you going in US

Me: Austin Texas.. Tech Ridge precisely

VO: You know someone there?

Me: My blossom friend who is a Registered Nurse is

there and I would be spending my short stay with him

and his family

VO: why do u want to visit Texas

Me: Have heard a great lot of beautiful things about

Texas from my friend , its Night life and good food as well as lovely parks. I do love to also Visit San Antonio to watch my favourite spurs but definitely not in this trip

VO: are you married?

Me: Yes I have a beautiful wife and two lovely Kids age 5 and 3

VO: you have kids?

ME: Yes I have two lovely kids and expecting the third child by July. ( just giving sufficient reason to come back )

VO: what do you do for a living

Me: Am a lawyer and I run my own firm alongside

property consultancy. I have my client base.

VO: what's you monthly salary?

Me: 375k after tax inclusive of monthly charges on

property I manage for my clients.

VO: Have you travelled out of the Country before?

Me: I traveled to Saudi Arabia Last year for my Hajj

Note: All information supplied are genuine info. Do I stand a chance? Would appreciate seeing your corrections now than when the blue paper is in my hand. God bless you all .
[/quote

Laughs at the bolded
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by MamaOre: 9:49am On Nov 23, 2017
DebsMed:

No, you don't need transit visa for your case type, but you could however even go into the UK if you wish. You can take the image below to the bank, it works perfectly. I did over two months ago. The only challenge is that your layover has to be above 12hrs or so for you to even have a chance. Mine was over, and yours too. Also be wary of that word MIGHT in the image, it means you won't compulsorily have the opportunity though.

Thanks, I'm grateful!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by MamaOre: 9:52am On Nov 23, 2017
coldsummer:

I am assuming you are landing in Heathrow. If the onward flight to america is taking off from same Heathrow, you would not need a transit visa, But if the connecting equipment would be from another airport, you would need the transit visa.

Thanks so much
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 11:20am On Nov 23, 2017
Please and please
May I humbly remind posters
This thread is not for imagined, future or wishful transcripts.
This thread is for REAL transcripts. Posting imagined transcripts shows indolence and unwillingness to read the real ones, research, learn and self analyse. Rather these folks want a short cut. For folks to help them tailor their stories
Please cease and desist. Again you make stuff confusing for serious folks who are quickly scrolling thru to see similar stuff to their circumstances.
Then you.

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by concho(m): 1:14pm On Nov 23, 2017
kristinbaby:
You can book your appointment anytime you want before your traveling date. I will advice you book your appointment as early as possible, this will give you time to reapply incase you are denied. Best of luck.

Thanks Dear.....
Jan will be better then. I was thinking that booking earlly will make us appear desperate
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by concho(m): 1:25pm On Nov 23, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
I really need to change my profession, 450k per month salary kai. Back to ze matter:
1. Its good that folks from his company have gone to the US for the same training and come back, it should count for something.
2. He will be asked some questions, e.g. why the US?, what he intends to do after the training?, why was he picked? etc. He should also be weary of tricky questions such as "what will you do if you get a job in the US?", "What will you do after the training?", "what will you do if you win the lottery in the US?".
3. He should be confident and bold, and look into their eyes.
All the best...ehhmm is that Orijin non-alcoholic? grin grin grin grin grin

Sorry bro,
I have not been online for a while now.
I will be glad if you can help us with answers to those tricky questions. Especially the last questions. #smiles.
The training will be taking place in march, so we dnt knw if we shld book appointment for jan or feb.
As regards the Orijin , na acohol o.....If you are interested, na for Mama Gift shop by 6pm on sun.
I await your reply Sir

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by concho(m): 1:28pm On Nov 23, 2017
felicia87:

Same with me o
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Ifeoluwadire: 1:32pm On Nov 23, 2017
Hello great pple, special grtns to LadyG, Justwise Ladylco, Seyewest, and all of u dt make it a pnt of duty to assist at all times.
GOD bless u all!

Ladylco i now hv a date in Dec by GOD'S Grace. Also Big tnks 4 hw u put me thru on hw to keep my DS-160 form updated until I'm rdy to summit it.
My qstns:
1. @Seyewest n co, ref ur comments on booking or not booking hotel, is it advisable dt I book hotel even wen a sibling has a comfortable home to receive me n my family.
Pse wat is d good n other side of dis to my interview?
3. I & my wife are both graduate officers of federal govt jobs and planning to visit a sibling. What impression can b created in VO's mind if my
sibling n parent are citizens?
2. Someone said *passport book nomba* is d nomba of pages of ur pali.
Pse is it true?

Gurus in d house tnks in anticipation...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Vanity007(m): 3:11pm On Nov 23, 2017
LadyGuinivere:
Please and please
May I humbly remind posters
This thread is not for imagined, future or wishful transcripts.
This thread is for REAL transcripts. Posting imagined transcripts shows indolence and unwillingness to read the real ones, research, learn and self analyse. Rather these folks want a short cut. For folks to help them tailor their stories
Please cease and desist. Again you make stuff confusing for serious folks who are quickly scrolling thru to see similar stuff to their circumstances.
Then you.

Noted
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 5:07pm On Nov 23, 2017
Ifeoluwadire:
Hello great pple, special grtns to LadyG, Justwise Ladylco, Seyewest, and all of u dt make it a pnt of duty to assist at all times.
GOD bless u all!

Ladylco i now hv a date in Dec by GOD'S Grace. Also Big tnks 4 hw u put me thru on hw to keep my DS-160 form updated until I'm rdy to summit it.
My qstns:
1. @Seyewest n co, ref ur comments on booking or not booking hotel, is it advisable dt I book hotel even wen a sibling has a comfortable home to receive me n my family.
Pse wat is d good n other side of dis to my interview?
3. I & my wife are both graduate officers of federal govt jobs and planning to visit a sibling. What impression can b created in VO's mind if my
sibling n parent are citizens?
2. Someone said *passport book nomba* is d nomba of pages of ur pali.
Pse is it true?

Gurus in d house tnks in anticipation...
Ife if your plan is not to visit your sibling you will definitely need to book hotel and if you think it make sense for you and your family to stay with your sibling fine but that is if you're visiting them according to what you filled if not.. get a nice hotel for your vacation and as per your sibling and parent who are citizens I believe if your ties is good enough you don't have to worry about that.
meanwhile what is Nomba? what is pse? you stated that you're a graduate I expected better than this...

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Efielu: 6:23pm On Nov 23, 2017
Good evening All,

I have been a silent reader of this thread. I have just registered an account so I can be fully part of the house.

Please, I need your advice my people ooooooo.

I am a single lady, works and earn good salary (350k) monthly.

I am in the process of completing my Ds160 form online. In the space where they asked who is "paying for your trip" , I want to put SELF, but my Uncle whom I intend visiting is insisting I should fill in his name and details there.

It all seems to me that the VO will be thinking that I can not sponsor myself despite my good income.

Please, has anyone who genuinely earn same or above salary with me allowed his or her relative to pay for his or her trip?

Please, experienced gurus in the house should please help a sister out ooo... I no want make any mistakes jare!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by chummygirl: 6:31pm On Nov 23, 2017
hi all,
You guys are really doing a great job. pls I need ur assistance. My mum traveled to the US some years ago to visit my uncle who invited her. she stayed for two weeks and came back. she wants to travel again next year to visit the same uncle who wants to invite her. she wants my two years old daughter to accompany her. pls house is this possible? if yes what important document will I give to my mother to present at the embassy. thanx
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Sebastine1606(m): 7:29pm On Nov 23, 2017
concho:
Sorry bro,
I have not been online for a while now.
I will be glad if you can help us with answers to those tricky questions. Especially the last questions. #smiles.
The training will be taking place in march, so we dnt knw if we shld book appointment for jan or feb.
As regards the Orijin , na acohol o.....If you are interested, na for Mama Gift shop by 6pm on sun.
I await your reply Sir

You won't even apply for a job or lottery, cos you are not even interested
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Biamoz(m): 7:30pm On Nov 23, 2017
Efielu:
Good evening All,

I have been a silent reader of this thread. I have just registered an account so I can be fully part of the house.

I am in the process of completing my Ds160 form online. In the space where they asked who is "paying for your trip" , I want to put SELF, but my Uncle whom I intend visiting is insisting I should fill in his name and details there.

It all seems to me that the VO will be thinking that I can not sponsor myself despite my good income.

Please, has anyone who genuinely earn same or above salary with me allowed his or her relative to pay for his or her trip?

Please, experienced gurus in the house should please help a sister out ooo... I no want make any mistakes jare!

Thou am not among the experience gurus in the thread but to my best of knowledge , it's advisable to use yourself as the one sponsoring the trip.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 7:36pm On Nov 23, 2017
Biamoz:

Thou am not among the experience gurus in the thread but to my best of knowledge , it's advisable to use yourself as the one sponsoring the trip.

True that....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Ifeoluwadire: 7:51pm On Nov 23, 2017
seyewest:

Ife if your plan is not to visit your sibling you will definitely need to book hotel and if you think it make sense for you and your family to stay with your sibling fine but that is if you're visiting them according to what you filled if not.. get a nice hotel for your vacation and as per your sibling and parent who are citizens I believe if your ties is good enough you don't have to worry about that.
meanwhile what is Nomba? what is pse? you stated that you're a graduate I expected better than this...

@Seyewest tnks 4 ur response, my sibling is inviting me.
Sorry nomba n pse are my abbrv for number n pls respectively.

While filling DS-160 form *Passport Book Number* implies wat pls?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 7:53pm On Nov 23, 2017
Efielu:
Good evening All,

Since you're an adult and working you should fill your own details as sponsor.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Prettylarmo026: 8:30pm On Nov 23, 2017
Hello house. A quick one please.. is it possible to get a ticket to the US 3days to travel??

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (508)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.