Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,524 members, 7,816,281 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

My Girl's Strange Behaviour At Different Times Of The Month - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girl's Strange Behaviour At Different Times Of The Month (46072 Views)

Should I Marry My Boyfriend With This Behaviour? / Why This Strange Behaviour From Ladies? / She's 27; Already Dated 8 Men At Different Times. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girl's Strange Behaviour At Different Times Of The Month by ritachinemerem: 8:47am On Oct 31, 2017
That's how we women do behave sometimes,we worry less after seeing our monthly period /and worry more two weeks/a week before our monthly period,Hope i'm right ladies in the house? wink wink wink
Re: My Girl's Strange Behaviour At Different Times Of The Month by Fourwinds: 8:49am On Oct 31, 2017
mhizsuzzy:

I am not sexually active biko

and I never even prime for marriage, i still be small girl ooh
and I forgot an important part, I am proudly a Christian so I don't engage in such, not trying to be biased though

Re: My Girl's Strange Behaviour At Different Times Of The Month by Meritocracy: 8:50am On Oct 31, 2017
Edo and Ondo in sex competition.
Re: My Girl's Strange Behaviour At Different Times Of The Month by safarigirl(f): 8:51am On Oct 31, 2017
NeeKlaus:

Where did you see me mention "two weeks" in my post? I was talking about the mood swings that come with the menstrual cycle and not the duration.

Moh una dey calm down dey read sometimes.
the guy said his babe changes for two weeks, did he not? Then you attribute such behaviour to menstrual period.

Is that always Nigerian men's answer for spurious behaviour with women? Think outside the menstrual period box, he did not say she acts funny for five-seven days, he said two weeks
Re: My Girl's Strange Behaviour At Different Times Of The Month by safarigirl(f): 8:51am On Oct 31, 2017
ritachinemerem:
That's how we women do behave sometimes,we worry less after seeing our monthly period /and worry more two weeks/a week before our monthly period,Hope i'm right ladies in the house? wink wink wink
no, no you're not

1 Like

Re: My Girl's Strange Behaviour At Different Times Of The Month by Fourwinds: 8:54am On Oct 31, 2017
Benita27:
You're wrong. No woman menstruates on the last two weeks of each month, consistently. Cycle changes. Count 28days from the first day it starts and tell me if you'll have this theory you postulated?. That's even the more reason why mood wings aren't consistent in nature.

What gives women the notion that only they are entitled to "mood swings?". To me the inability to control these swings is a sign of immaturity. We can't be laughing one minute and the next, unprovoked you start making trouble out of a trivial matter in the name of 'mood swing' and u expect me to accommodate? That's crap. Two of us will start swinging our moods since its now a see saw!
( Quote
Re: My Girl's Strange Behaviour At Different Times Of The Month by Alexk2(m): 8:56am On Oct 31, 2017
Menzy86:
What gives women the notion that only they are entitled to "mood swings?". To me the inability to control these swings is a sign of immaturity. We can't be laughing one minute and the next, unprovoked you start making trouble out of a trivial matter in the name of 'mood swing' and u expect me to accommodate? That's crap!

Your comment settles it all for me. Raw facts!
Ability to control our emotions(whether mood swings or not) speak volume of our maturity level ..QED
Re: My Girl's Strange Behaviour At Different Times Of The Month by Damtol22(f): 9:01am On Oct 31, 2017
Eniitan19:
I met a girl five months ago. She is a graduate, in her late 20s and very beautiful. Being that I am eagerly looking for a girl to marry, I made my intention known to her immediately we met. She did not say ''yes'' or ''no'' but rather advised that we should let the relationship run its natural course as answer will come naturally.

Being that she's beautiful, sexy and both of us are no longer kids, we allow sex to take place in the relationship. Although I like the sex part of it, but I observe that she reacts differently to me, as in she reacts in a particular way in one part of the month and in opposite way in the remaining part of the month.

For about two weeks in a month, she will be too friendly, lovely, demands less in terms of materials thing, cares much more, and above all demands for too much sex to the extent that I begin to wonder if she is human.

For the other two weeks, she is opposite of what she exhibited earlier. This is when she will recognize my supposed flaws like not being a fashion freak, not concerned about her materials needs, etc. She will never allow me to even kiss her and she prefers we see each other less this period. This is the period she will even prefer traveling out of the state to buy goods for her business. Towards the end of this ''two weeks sojourn'' there will be gradual change of attitude and the whole things will become normal again.

I have been trying to know why these changes but could still not be able to get reasonable answers. She is from Edo State while I am Ondo's.

Is there anyone that can explain probable cause of this strange behaviour?
......it's very normal and common among ladies, its not dat she has bad intention or evil tinz, dats how we ladies behave at times, but she will later change,if truely u love her just endure it for sum time, and always correct her
Re: My Girl's Strange Behaviour At Different Times Of The Month by JONSYN7154: 9:03am On Oct 31, 2017
Yes I can explain. When her demon husband is around she became hostile to you but when they leave she's yours. My bros, be careful o.
Re: My Girl's Strange Behaviour At Different Times Of The Month by mojeed4(m): 9:13am On Oct 31, 2017
musa234:
She may be double dating, she dates you for two weeks and date the other guy for another two weeks, when she travels she visits the other guy ..

At last! Someone with a close enough reason
Re: My Girl's Strange Behaviour At Different Times Of The Month by Fourwinds: 9:13am On Oct 31, 2017
Sirme411:

I know Gals Are Hot & Cold.....buh my Brother...I don't know what's with Edo Gals.....Atyms I thought my Ex Was a Witch or Sumtin....A min she'll call telling me she's.cuming over....happily on d.Phone....nd wen she gets to my place she.will jez be opening eye for me....it was rili frustrating my Brother

Edo Girls....No Offence...It's my Opinion it Shouldn't bother u...

Re: My Girl's Strange Behaviour At Different Times Of The Month by mhisterdreezy(m): 9:16am On Oct 31, 2017
cummando:
So we be like human behaviour analysts? I no understand. You wey dey see am no get explanation na we wey dey far go get?

Receive sense
receive brain
Re: My Girl's Strange Behaviour At Different Times Of The Month by AkupeMBANO(m): 9:20am On Oct 31, 2017
cummando:
So we be like human behaviour analysts? I no understand. You wey dey see am no get explanation na we wey dey far go get?

Receive sense
Legendary
Re: My Girl's Strange Behaviour At Different Times Of The Month by gentlegenius(m): 9:36am On Oct 31, 2017
rebirthforgoody:
This is what we called mood swing.that time she distant herself from you is when she is on her dry period and it takes 11 to 14 days.secondly the time she need sexx like tomorrow no they is when she is on wet period lipsrsealed
Interesting... Pls throw more light on this. I have a girl who behave exactly the way you described. She happens to be a girl I'm planning to marry. Pls help me to understand more about this wet and dry period mood swings so that I can know the best way to deal with it.
Also, is this kind of mood swings permanent? Because I won't be able to live with a woman who will be hot with me today and cold with me tomorrow.
Re: My Girl's Strange Behaviour At Different Times Of The Month by Nobody: 9:38am On Oct 31, 2017
This is no problem at all. Just cyclical changes in hormonal profile that is displayed as mood changes, nothing more. Information is power, make use of it in dealing with the situation. I have female friends too who are like that. The knowledge of their physiology makes it interesting to deal with them. Once they are on the +ve end they display love unrestrained but when they get to the other end, you may think you offended them unknowingly. At this stage I just ignore them till a new cycle begin.
Re: My Girl's Strange Behaviour At Different Times Of The Month by mechanics(m): 9:38am On Oct 31, 2017
nigeriancritic1:

She is suffering from likely Bipolar disorder and deeper mental issue.
hahahaha.
Re: My Girl's Strange Behaviour At Different Times Of The Month by Nobody: 9:45am On Oct 31, 2017
Fourwinds:

What gives women the notion that only they are entitled to "mood swings?". To me the inability to control these swings is a sign of immaturity. We can't be laughing one minute and the next, unprovoked you start making trouble out of a trivial matter in the name of 'mood swing' and u expect me to accommodate? That's crap. Two of us will start swinging our moods since its now a see saw!
( Quote
It's due to hormonal changes, and I suppose even you isn't in control of your hormonal reactions. It takes a lot to be in control of it but on this case, it has nothing to do with mood swing.
Re: My Girl's Strange Behaviour At Different Times Of The Month by Nobody: 9:46am On Oct 31, 2017
[quote author=gentlegenius post=61933465]
Interesting... Pls throw more light on this. I have a girl who behave exactly the way you described. She happens to be a girl I'm planning to marry. Pls help me to understand more about this wet and dry period mood swings so that I can know the best way to deal with it.
Also, is this kind of mood swings permanent? Because I won't be able to live with a woman who will be hot with me today and cold with me tomorrow.

lipsrsealed
Re: My Girl's Strange Behaviour At Different Times Of The Month by Nobody: 9:47am On Oct 31, 2017
[quote author=gentlegenius post=61933465]

lipsrsealed.
Re: My Girl's Strange Behaviour At Different Times Of The Month by frankeinstein(m): 10:08am On Oct 31, 2017
Benita27:
You're wrong. No woman menstruates on the last two weeks of each month, consistently. Cycle changes. Count 28days from the first day it starts and tell me if you'll have this theory you postulated?. That's even the more reason why mood wings aren't consistent in nature.
cycle lengths vary between 21-35 days, with a mean at 28days. There are a few women who have a regular 28-day cycles and my answer presupposes that she is one of them.

The menstrual cycle is divided into the follicular and luteal phases. The follicular phase culminates in ovulation and the luteal phase begins thereafter. NO MATTER THE CYCLE LENGTH, THE LUTEAL PHASE LASTS FOR ABOUT TWO WEEKS. The luteal phase culminates in the sloughing of the uterine endometrium, characterised by bleeding per vagina (Menstruation).

The point is, the PMS must occur in THE TWO WEEKS PRECEDING MENSTRUATION. This is due to the fact that before menstruation, there is a marked increase in progesterone production and progesterone is implicated in PMS (I will not bore you with the pathophysiology)

So you see then, why the 'two weeks' is striking. And why I had to assume she has a regular 28-day cycle.

1 Like

Re: My Girl's Strange Behaviour At Different Times Of The Month by frankeinstein(m): 10:09am On Oct 31, 2017
lovelygurl:

What the hell where you doing in biology class?!

Staring at you angry

P.S. I think you meant 'were'
Re: My Girl's Strange Behaviour At Different Times Of The Month by MrBasketball: 10:18am On Oct 31, 2017
mhizsuzzy:

May be its the way of some u HV met..

But seriously why go into relationship with some one u can't trust

Trust is very vital in rship and u just get to start ooh, if u don't trust ur babe or boo pls kindly ditch them...

I trust my boo and he trust me so I don't see the reason cheating has ever been an issue for us
How do you mean?
Re: My Girl's Strange Behaviour At Different Times Of The Month by gentlegenius(m): 10:23am On Oct 31, 2017
Eniitan19:
I met a girl five months ago. She is a graduate, in her late 20s and very beautiful. Being that I am eagerly looking for a girl to marry, I made my intention known to her immediately we met. She did not say ''yes'' or ''no'' but rather advised that we should let the relationship run its natural course as answer will come naturally.

Being that she's beautiful, sexy and both of us are no longer kids, we allow sex to take place in the relationship. Although I like the sex part of it, but I observe that she reacts differently to me, as in she reacts in a particular way in one part of the month and in opposite way in the remaining part of the month.

For about two weeks in a month, she will be too friendly, lovely, demands less in terms of materials thing, cares much more, and above all demands for too much sex to the extent that I begin to wonder if she is human.

For the other two weeks, she is opposite of what she exhibited earlier. This is when she will recognize my supposed flaws like not being a fashion freak, not concerned about her materials needs, etc. She will never allow me to even kiss her and she prefers we see each other less this period. This is the period she will even prefer traveling out of the state to buy goods for her business. Towards the end of this ''two weeks sojourn'' there will be gradual change of attitude and the whole things will become normal again.

I have been trying to know why these changes but could still not be able to get reasonable answers. She is from Edo State while I am Ondo's.

Is there anyone that can explain probable cause of this strange behaviour?
She is suffering from a severe Premenstrual syndrome called Premenstrual dysphoric disorder(PMDD).
You can read more about it here: https://www.everydayhealth.com/pms/mood-swings.aspx?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C1630026149

If she doesn't see this as a problem, you must let her know that this is a serious problem and a rare occurrence.
Psychological and medical experts has given a few suggestions on how to deal with this problem (in the link above). Pls read it up and share the information with her. It will go a long way to help.
Re: My Girl's Strange Behaviour At Different Times Of The Month by Nmanuanu(f): 10:25am On Oct 31, 2017
It is hormonal my brother... we tend to be like that, sometimes you want to see someone everyday and some other times you would wish the person is dead undecided Trust me, we are still trying to understand it ourselves...
Re: My Girl's Strange Behaviour At Different Times Of The Month by Nobody: 10:29am On Oct 31, 2017
frankeinstein:
cycle lengths vary between 21-35 days, with a mean at 28days. There are a few women who have a regular 28-day cycles and my answer presupposes that she is one of them.

The menstrual cycle is divided into the follicular and luteal phases. The follicular phase culminates in ovulation and the luteal phase begins thereafter. NO MATTER THE CYCLE LENGTH, THE LUTEAL PHASE LASTS FOR ABOUT TWO WEEKS. The luteal phase culminates in the sloughing of the uterine endometrium, characterised by bleeding per vagina (Menstruation).

The point is, the PMS must occur in THE TWO WEEKS PRECEDING MENSTRUATION. This is due to the fact that before menstruation, there is a marked increase in progesterone production and progesterone is implicated in PMS (I will not bore you with the pathophysiology)

So you see then, why the 'two weeks' is striking. And why I had to assume she has a regular 28-day cycle.
You bored me with your long epistle, and I don't seem to get the correlation between what you just explained and consistent mood swing. grin

It doesn't work that way na. Have you seen a woman whose period comes on the 15th of every month?...I mean, by virtue of menstruation. Use your calender and count 28days from the day it starts, you'll notice that on each month, the date changes...it's not consistent. Mood swings occurs rarely, let me assume it occurs on every month of her menstruation which isn't true 'cause I'm also a lady who may have experienced mood swings. How long is it meant to last?. It's a fallacy that mood swing would last as long as two weeks on each month. If she's not cheating then she has a mental issue.

1 Like

Re: My Girl's Strange Behaviour At Different Times Of The Month by Zhahovic(m): 10:31am On Oct 31, 2017
TheManofTomorrow:
Mystique in the movie "days of our future hero right?
hell yeah!
Re: My Girl's Strange Behaviour At Different Times Of The Month by pedrilo: 10:32am On Oct 31, 2017
ogbanje spirit
Re: My Girl's Strange Behaviour At Different Times Of The Month by flawedkay(m): 10:44am On Oct 31, 2017
IamKashyBaby:

grin

Chaaaii...what if really u both dating the same girl? shocked

crazier is wen she's on off mood wit mr A, she'll be on on mood wit mr B.....and d travelling for goods is just her goin to see d oda.... wink grin
Re: My Girl's Strange Behaviour At Different Times Of The Month by cahrlifa(m): 10:46am On Oct 31, 2017
Ondo's.......smh
Re: My Girl's Strange Behaviour At Different Times Of The Month by Sexyolori(f): 10:49am On Oct 31, 2017
mhizesther:
It's normal for females to Have this mood swings joor...
No be this kind mood swing sis, Lol

1 Like

Re: My Girl's Strange Behaviour At Different Times Of The Month by TheManofTomorrow(m): 10:50am On Oct 31, 2017
Zhahovic:
.. hell yeah!
You sabi beta film jare.
thumbs up
Re: My Girl's Strange Behaviour At Different Times Of The Month by frankeinstein(m): 11:00am On Oct 31, 2017
Benita27:
You bored me with your long epistle, and I don't seem to get the correlation between what you just explained and consistent mood swing. grin

It doesn't work that way na. Have you seen a woman whose period comes on the 15th of every month?...I mean, by virtue of menstruation. Use your calender and count 28days from the day it starts, you'll notice that on each month, the date changes...it's not consistent. Mood swings occurs rarely, let me assume it occurs on every month of her menstruation which isn't true 'cause I'm also a lady who may have experienced mood swings. How long is it meant to last?. It's a fallacy that mood swing would last as long as two weeks on each month. If she's not cheating then she has a mental issue.
The 'mood swings' are part of a constellation of symptoms that constitute the premenstrual Syndrome(PMS). About 75% of women will experience this in their lifetime. However, in about 10% of women, it can be so severe as to warrant visit to a doctor. I believe the Op's SO is one of them.

My 'long epistle' was just to explain to you the pathophysiology of PMS. And I already admitted to you in my 'long, boring epistle'that in most women, cycle lengths vary (21-35days) normally. However, this does not invalidate the fact that few women have regular 28-day cycles.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man Marries Three Women Same Day In Benue / A Female HIV Positive Patient Seeks Love/partner / 10 Things Broke Guys Often Say

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.