Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,490 members, 7,850,700 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:40 AM

My Opinion About FEMINISM... - Romance (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Opinion About FEMINISM... (17965 Views)

This Japanese Woman Is Saying The Redpilled Bitter Truth About Feminism! [photo] / Truths About Feminism You Ought To Know (by B.O.E.) / Top 20 Misconceptions About Feminism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Opinion About FEMINISM... by Blackhawk01: 8:30pm On Nov 02, 2017
tosyne2much:
If you say it paid off, it actually did. cheesy

But on a serious, it's not something new so I sometimes wonder why you do those things as a matured lady.

Anyway, I no need check dico jawe.. I know say you sabi English pass me wink

Oh well, Tosin thinks I'm a mature Lady. Halleluyah sumbori... grin cheesy

It definitely isn't something new but it's kinda serious when your gf Is sometimes guilty of what you accuse other girls of.

Lailai, with you 10/10 lists abi? tongue
Re: My Opinion About FEMINISM... by Augustap(f): 8:32pm On Nov 02, 2017
Feminism or not, I'd choose chivalry any day, any time. Submission is not slavery.
Re: My Opinion About FEMINISM... by tosyne2much(m): 8:34pm On Nov 02, 2017
Doctormarvin:
we are all here to learn dear and I must confess,your write up is sensible but please I would like to know the area in life that you personally have been cheated and robbed of opportunities or your valid opinions discarded due to you being a female and not a male...i feel like I have soo much to learn from you
Bad guy cheesy
Re: My Opinion About FEMINISM... by Blackhawk01: 8:34pm On Nov 02, 2017
sexybbstar:
oh really? FYI, he's the inspiration behind it. I don't create threads but he inspired me... It's not those threads that got me a rare gem but the rare gem inspired me cheesy

Damn! I've always known Tosin was behind those threads but unfortunately, he denied knowing anything about it when I asked. Rare gem abi common stone, izz all good babez. cheesy grin
Re: My Opinion About FEMINISM... by Doctormarvin(m): 8:37pm On Nov 02, 2017
you don't fight for rights you've never been robbed of...feminists claim they are independent but their entire argument center on rights they've not been denied and thinking being on equal grounds with men will grant them those rights which was never taken in the first place ...like somebody forced women to marry men who order them around and stuff!c'mon!!!Know your real problems Nigerian feminists ,gender inequality is not one of them
Re: My Opinion About FEMINISM... by Nobody: 8:38pm On Nov 02, 2017
Blackhawk01:

Damn! I've always known Tosin was behind those threads but unfortunately, he denied knowing anything about it when I asked. Rare gem abi common stone, izz all good bands. cheesy grin
common stone o,grinding stone ... I appreciate him and his presence in my life.

1 Like

Re: My Opinion About FEMINISM... by tosyne2much(m): 8:38pm On Nov 02, 2017
Blackhawk01:

Oh well, Tosin thinks I'm a mature Lady. Halleluyah sumbori... grin cheesy

It definitely isn't something new but it's kinda serious when your gf Is sometimes guilty of what you accuse other girls of.

Lailai, with you 10/10 lists abi? tongue
Hmmmmmm.. I can see the beef is real

Anyway make I chop jawe.. Come join me
Re: My Opinion About FEMINISM... by Blackhawk01: 8:41pm On Nov 02, 2017
tosyne2much:
Hmmmmmm.. I can see the beef is real

Anyway make I chop jawe.. Come join me

Beef kor, pork nii. tongue

Na bbstar cook am? I no mind if fish dey sha. wink
Re: My Opinion About FEMINISM... by Doctormarvin(m): 8:42pm On Nov 02, 2017
tosyne2much:
Bad guy cheesy
lol,i think we all deserve to know
Re: My Opinion About FEMINISM... by Blackhawk01: 8:44pm On Nov 02, 2017
sexybbstar:
common stone o,grinding stone ... I appreciate him and his presence in my life.

Yes ooooo, we all help you appreciate am sef cheesy grin
Re: My Opinion About FEMINISM... by tosyne2much(m): 8:48pm On Nov 02, 2017
Doctormarvin:
you don't fight for rights you've never been robbed of...feminists claim they are independent but their entire argument center on rights they've not been denied and thinking being on equal grounds with men will grant them thosel rights which was never taken in the first place ...like somebody forced women to marry men who order them around and stuff!c'mon!!!Know your real problems Nigerian feminists ,gender inequality is not one of it
My brother, I don't just know the opportunities they are talking about oooo

Giving us a first class experience of how they've been robbed of opportunities on the ground of sex will open our eyes to so many things

1 Like

Re: My Opinion About FEMINISM... by ReinaFarine: 8:50pm On Nov 02, 2017
Doctormarvin:
we are all here to learn dear and I must confess,your write up is sensible but please I would like to know the area in life that you personally have been cheated and robbed of opportunities or your valid opinions discarded due to you being a female and not a male...i feel like I have soo much to learn from you

Personally, I know how to handle chauvinists.... I get sexists comments a lot in my job.... Things that are akin to sexual harassment... gender discrimination..... I work in the IT sector.... And it is most times assumed by my clients that my male co-workers are more tech-savvy than me....
I actually love proving them wrong.... But I shouldn't have to fight for that with every new client.... That's one of it.

Pressure to forget about further studies until after I'm happily married....

Please just pay attention to the women of equal ranking with you ghat are around and see how they have to prove themselves all the damn time.

Then you'll understand why Nigerian Women are fighting for equal rights, opportunities and rewards....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Opinion About FEMINISM... by Nobody: 8:56pm On Nov 02, 2017
Blackhawk01:

Yes ooooo, we all help you appreciate am sef cheesy grin
Eshey ma

1 Like

Re: My Opinion About FEMINISM... by ReinaFarine: 9:02pm On Nov 02, 2017
Doctormarvin:
you don't fight for rights you've never been robbed of...feminists claim they are independent but their entire argument center on rights they've not been denied and thinking being on equal grounds with men will grant them those rights which was never taken in the first place ...like somebody forced women to marry men who order them around and stuff!c'mon!!!Know your real problems Nigerian feminists ,gender inequality is not one of them

Education

Early marriage... Especially in the north

Priority of the birth of the male child over the female resulting in various forms of brutality, witch hunting and divorce.... Especially in the east....

1 Like

Re: My Opinion About FEMINISM... by Omoluabi16(m): 9:04pm On Nov 02, 2017
Nothing irks me more than the word 'feminism'. People who are just about clueless keep bandying the word around. You're a woman! be yourself! be unique! Consider your gender a privilege.
Re: My Opinion About FEMINISM... by vicben27(m): 9:05pm On Nov 02, 2017
Evaberry:
It never fails to irritate and anger me when women talk like this

In all honesty this is rubbish
sharap! if you want to be a man go grow some dicck
Re: My Opinion About FEMINISM... by Doctormarvin(m): 9:09pm On Nov 02, 2017
ReinaFarine:

Personally, I know how to handle chauvinists.... I get sexists comments a lot in my job.... Things that are akin to sexual harassment... gender discrimination..... I work in the IT sector.... And it is most times assumed by my clients that my male co-workers are more tech-savvy than me....
I actually love proving them wrong.... But I shouldn't have to fight for that with every new client.... That's one of it.

Pressure to forget about further studies until after I'm happily married....

Please just pay attention to the women of equal ranking with you ghat are around and see how they have to prove themselves all the damn time.

Then you'll understand why Nigerian Women are fighting for equal rights, opportunities and rewards....
Excellent!!!...You've said it ALL! and I wish I can like your post a gazillion times...from what I understand from your post, you're working and sometimes working conditions can be uncomfortable due to some things you listed out,i praise your strength on being able to handle whatever they throw at you but apart from you I don't see any other feminists letting us know of areas they've been made to prove themselves unnecessarily...they just come online,wave their flags and chant equality when they've never been treated unequally
Re: My Opinion About FEMINISM... by Doctormarvin(m): 9:12pm On Nov 02, 2017
ReinaFarine:

Education

Early marriage... Especially in the north

Priority of the birth of the male child over the female resulting in various forms of brutality, witch hunting and divorce.... Especially in the east....

well said, please prove me wrong and I will correct myself but I think what you just mentioned goes both ways...males have been witch hunted,brutalized,made to suffer injustice in all forms too
Re: My Opinion About FEMINISM... by Doctormarvin(m): 9:16pm On Nov 02, 2017
tosyne2much:
My brother, I don't just know the opportunities they are talking about oooo

Giving us a first class experience of how they've been robbed of opportunities on the ground of sex will open our eyes to so many things
i have seen one who knows what she's talking about...not these little ones who their mothers still wipe their bums after they poo...figuratively though!before they lay siege to my post

1 Like

Re: My Opinion About FEMINISM... by ReinaFarine: 9:34pm On Nov 02, 2017
Doctormarvin:
well said, please prove me wrong and I will correct myself but I think what you just mentioned goes both ways...males have been witch hunted,brutalized,made to suffer injustice in all forms too

I'm talking about a woman giving birth to the female child repeatedly.... She's tagged a witch, she's beaten, she is casted off, treated like trash, there is in most cases the introduction of a new woman all because the female child is seen as unimportant and her birth doesn't count so much as a child....

I really hope you get me..... Whether I give birth to quadruplets all boys... Or quadruplets all girls, I shouldn't be treated any differently... They are kids and it is my duty to give them equal opportunities irrespective of gender....
Re: My Opinion About FEMINISM... by Doctormarvin(m): 9:41pm On Nov 02, 2017
ReinaFarine:

I'm talking about a woman giving birth to the female child repeatedly.... She's tagged a witch, she's beaten, she is casted off, treated like trash, there is in most cases the introduction of a new woman all because the female child is seen as unimportant and her birth doesn't count so much as a child....

I really hope you get me..... Whether I give birth to quadruplets all boys... Or quadruplets all girls, I shouldn't be treated any differently... They are kids and it is my duty to give them equal opportunities irrespective of gender....
I understand you and I totally get your point,its all clear now...Equal treatment for all!...thanks for making me understand what you've been about

1 Like

Re: My Opinion About FEMINISM... by Asianguy(m): 10:57pm On Nov 02, 2017
ibkayee:

Lol na so
But Why sad
Re: My Opinion About FEMINISM... by tosyne2much(m): 11:03pm On Nov 02, 2017
Doctormarvin:
i have seen one who knows what she's talking about... not these little ones who their mothers still wipe their bums after they poo ...figuratively though!before they lay siege to my post
I don die cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Opinion About FEMINISM... by Foodforthought: 12:34am On Nov 03, 2017
pocohantas:
Hardly will you ever see a happily married woman claiming feminist? you don't mean it! grin grin grin
Hardly will you ever see a happy man, who has a good dose of self esteem...looking for a woman to lord over in the name of submission.

Only men who have never felt important in their lives, wait all their youth to get married to a woman who will submit to them. The definition of submission to a Nigerian man is very flawed, more reason they chose submission over mutual respect.

There is a difference between feminism and misandry.
The former is supported by me.
I love the genuine cause, not the flawed one.
I love how they make most Nigerian men uncomfortable. It shows something is indeed wrong somewhere... grin
Only the guilty are afraid... wink wink
You love how it makes Nigerian men uncomfortable? You actually dedicate your life to alter a man's feelings. I know whom the winner will be
Re: My Opinion About FEMINISM... by Nobody: 12:37am On Nov 03, 2017
ReinaFarine:

Baby..... C'Mon....

There are men that have the idea of 'I married you to do this and that for me'
Please tell me how this is different from saying I bought you to do this and that.....

I would like to think it shouldn't be a big deal for you to wash your woman's clothes, or wash the dishes after dinner or little chores like that.... And it is not a taboo (like most of the little fukaz here think it is) for you to cook while your woman rest......

The same way it is not so hard for me to do likewise. But when you make it look like I was married to do that and I'm less of a woman if I don't... Then it is slavery....

True feminists are not against housework. We are against doing it at the detriment of our happiness.

Second point.....
That's insulting..... I graduated college at the age of 17. How old are you? And where are you in your career.... Don't just make assumptions and proclaim them to be facts.... I'm not saying this out of pride.... Thousands of feminists on this forum are far higher than most of the chauvinistic pigs we have here.... We're not asking for envy...

And the point I was trying to drive was, you don't have to marry a feminist. The person for them will. Respect them for their accomplishments rather than their sexpertise....

@ That's insulting..... I graduated college at the age of 17. How old are you? And where are you in your career.... Don't just make assumptions and proclaim them to be facts.... I'm not saying this out of pride.... Thousands of feminists on this forum are far higher than most of the chauvinistic pigs we have here.... We're not asking for envy...

Don't blow your trumpet in public, you'll be surprised
Re: My Opinion About FEMINISM... by Nobody: 12:15pm On Nov 03, 2017
Re: My Opinion About FEMINISM... by Nobody: 3:29pm On Nov 03, 2017
iamJ:
Raggedy.Ann I swear this thread is directed at u
The op used ur terminology to mock u

Hey, dearie. Lol, I can't be arguing about feminism with a girl in public. I'll pray for her instead. But seriously, I think Sexybb was just in the mood to start some trouble. NL has been boring lately.
Re: My Opinion About FEMINISM... by DarkRebel69: 3:45pm On Nov 03, 2017
naijaboiy:
Everybody should just have sense. If you’re a feminist that one dey your pocket.

You seem to support the OP, am I right?

I thought you studied Law at UNIBEN? More importantly, I thought lawyers were known for their cold logic and erudition?
Re: My Opinion About FEMINISM... by DarkRebel69: 4:10pm On Nov 03, 2017
OP just graduated from the university. I think I saw her make a post as regards this not too long ago (one of the curses of total recall—the useless facts just find their way in).

So if the OP graduated only recently, that would put her age at around 19 or 20. Ergo, it's either the immaturity of her age or her natural default docility state that is to be blamed for this resounding claptrap.

I think it's an ugly blend of the two i.e. both immaturity & inherent docility. Just take a look at her profile, her signature, her topics, her posts, and tell me, what do you deduce? Look at all the non-feminist females too & you would find that most of them are: painfully conservative, unquestioningly docile, emotionally dependent, excessively vain, and usually religious. (By the way, did you know studies have shown that women are generally more religious than men? The smart ones should know where I'm going with this).

From her profile and her posts, we can tell the OP perfectly fits the bill of the docile, averagely intelligent, and conservative female.

Here's an interesting one; see what was written on her profile:-

"It's only a girl that lacks home training that will be taller than her boyfriend"

Yeah, you might say it's just a harmless joke, but do you know what Sigmund Freud said about jokes? He said in most cases they serve two purposes:-

1) As a form of aggression (e.g. sarcasms)

2) As a way of revealing our unconscious desires (e.g. the jokes on OP's profile.)

I think OP should grow up, change this dangerous mindset, and work towards cultivating a better self-esteem than she has currently (I know she might say she has a healthy self-esteem as it stands, but that's the thing about self-esteem—you might think you have a healthy dose of it when you really don't).

Honestly, this is pathetic. I think I might have to ban my daughters from visiting Nairaland... Before Nairaland females make idiöts out of them.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Opinion About FEMINISM... by naijaboiy: 8:17am On Nov 04, 2017
DarkRebel69:

You seem to support the OP, am I right?

I thought you studied Law at UNIBEN? More importantly, I thought lawyers were known for their cold logic and erudition?
Lol...I didn’t even read half of what she wrote up there.

What use would it be if i decide to speak always in cold logic and erudition? It’s Nairaland Mehn, I’m not here to display my high level of knowledge except when necessary, especially not on an overflogged topic like this. cheesy
Re: My Opinion About FEMINISM... by Nobody: 8:39am On Nov 04, 2017
DarkRebel69:
OP just graduated from the university. I think I saw her make a post as regards this not too long ago (one of the curses of total recall—the useless facts just find their way in).

So if the OP graduated only recently, that would put her age at around 19 or 20. Ergo, it's either the immaturity of her age or her natural default docility state that is to be blamed for this resounding claptrap.

I think it's an ugly blend of the two i.e. both immaturity & inherent docility. Just take a look at her profile, her signature, her topics, her posts, and tell me, what do you deduce? Look at all the non-feminist females too & you would find that most of them are: painfully conservative, unquestioningly docile, emotionally dependent, excessively vain, and usually religious. (By the way, did you know studies have shown that women are generally more religious than men? The smart ones should know where I'm going with this).

From her profile and her posts, we can tell the OP perfectly fits the bill of the docile, averagely intelligent, and conservative female.

Here's an interesting one; see what was written on her profile:-

"It's only a girl that lacks home training that will be taller than her boyfriend"

Yeah, you might say it's just a harmless joke, but do you know what Sigmund Freud said about jokes? He said in most cases they serve two purposes:-

1) As a form of aggression (e.g. sarcasms)

2) As a way of revealing our unconscious desires (e.g. the jokes on OP's profile.)

I think OP should grow up, change this dangerous mindset, and work towards cultivating a better self-esteem than she has currectly (I know she might say she has a healthy self-esteem as it stands, but that's the thing about self-esteem—you might think you have a healthy dose of it when you really don't).

Honestly, this is pathetic. I think I might have to ban my daughters from visiting Nairaland... Before Nairaland females make idiöts out of them.

Well said, my dear. May you be blessed with a multitude of offspring that will inherit your mindset.

But: "It's only a girl that lacks home training that will be taller than her boyfriend". Lol! Did sexybb.star actually say that? Sure, she was being funny but that's an awesome idea (and title) for a book - the unnatural expectation to make a girl stoop (so her head is not higher than the head of a boy) when nature herself has made the girl tall. grin, she must be 'home trained' to be shorter and less adequate than a boy.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Girlfriend Spending On Boyfriend! / How Do You Dream About Someone You Want To Have A Dream About? / Come And See The Finest Girl In The P**n Industry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.