Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,093 members, 7,818,279 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

Feminism: Respect Not Equality. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Feminism: Respect Not Equality. (3364 Views)

Hypocrisy Of Society When It Comes To Gender Equality. / Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship / My Opinion About FEMINISM... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Feminism: Respect Not Equality. by naija2(f): 7:03pm On Nov 03, 2017
I read a post on feminism now and I decided to write my own view in it. I am all for feminism but we keep asking for the wrong thing at the right time. What we need to ask for is respect and not equality. You might get the equality you ask for but at the same time, you will not get the respect. Equality falls under respect. And when someone respects you on everything you do and say, he/she definitely sees you as an equal. We are getting the equality and it is actually taking a long time but we are getting it; but what we are not getting is the respect. A man that gives you equality because of what the society will say will definitely not respect you. He will still treat you below your current status. Men of our generation don’t respect us for what we say and want and that’s what we are supposed to be fighting for . RESPECT. When we ask for respect, every other thing follows.

1 Like

Re: Feminism: Respect Not Equality. by iamJ(m): 7:04pm On Nov 03, 2017
yes i respect u

Ur face needs some milk shots

#No Filter Attitude

1 Like

Re: Feminism: Respect Not Equality. by Donaldduke2019(m): 7:04pm On Nov 03, 2017
This useless crusade again

Re: Feminism: Respect Not Equality. by naija2(f): 7:07pm On Nov 03, 2017
Donaldduke2019:
This useless crusade again
If u saw it as garbage, why open the post?
Re: Feminism: Respect Not Equality. by QueenSekxy(f): 7:08pm On Nov 03, 2017
sadsadsad

smh!!
Re: Feminism: Respect Not Equality. by Donaldduke2019(m): 7:11pm On Nov 03, 2017
naija2:

If u saw it as garbage, why open the post?
lemme hear peem from you again, I would turn this useless thread into a football fan page

2 Likes

Re: Feminism: Respect Not Equality. by Nobody: 7:12pm On Nov 03, 2017
Okay.
Re: Feminism: Respect Not Equality. by philcz(m): 7:12pm On Nov 03, 2017
We often focus on things that divide us without looking out for things that unite us. My respect is earned irrespective of whether you're a male or female

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Feminism: Respect Not Equality. by iamJ(m): 7:13pm On Nov 03, 2017
RaggedyAnn:
Okay.
i knew that u will comment angry

in other news, U win come online
Re: Feminism: Respect Not Equality. by Airforce1(m): 7:14pm On Nov 03, 2017
You're on your own on these one.
Re: Feminism: Respect Not Equality. by naija2(f): 7:14pm On Nov 03, 2017
Donaldduke2019:

lemme hear peem from you again, I would turn this useless thread into a football fan page
Go ahead.
Re: Feminism: Respect Not Equality. by Donaldduke2019(m): 7:16pm On Nov 03, 2017
naija2:

Go ahead.
so hope ur gearing up concerning the super Sunday clashes
Re: Feminism: Respect Not Equality. by Earthquake1: 7:17pm On Nov 03, 2017
Respect not equality.

Re: Feminism: Respect Not Equality. by Sugar97(f): 7:19pm On Nov 03, 2017
Donaldduke2019:

Don't be a bully, come on... smiley
Re: Feminism: Respect Not Equality. by Nobody: 7:20pm On Nov 03, 2017
philcz:
We often focus on things that divide us without looking out for things that unite us. My respect is earned irrespective of whether you're a male or female

You're sure you won't spare some respect if she asks nicely?
Re: Feminism: Respect Not Equality. by naija2(f): 7:20pm On Nov 03, 2017
Sugar97:

Don’t mind him, it shows his level of reasoning.
Re: Feminism: Respect Not Equality. by naija2(f): 7:21pm On Nov 03, 2017
Airforce1:
You're on your own on these one.
So, you are saying that me asking for respect is above me, or as women in general?
Re: Feminism: Respect Not Equality. by Donaldduke2019(m): 7:22pm On Nov 03, 2017
Sugar97:

Don't understand you, This is an over flogged issue.
Re: Feminism: Respect Not Equality. by Nobody: 7:22pm On Nov 03, 2017
naija2:
I read a post on feminism now and I decided to write my own view in it. I am all for feminism but we keep asking for the wrong thing at the right time. What we need to ask for is respect and not equality. You might get the equality you ask for but at the same time, you will not get the respect. Equality falls under respect. And when someone respects you on everything you do and say, he/she definitely sees you as an equal. We are getting the equality and it is actually taking a long time but we are getting it; but what we are not getting is the respect. A man that gives you equality because of what the society will say will definitely not respect you. He will still treat you below your current status. Men of our generation don’t respect us for what we say and want and that’s what we are supposed to be fighting for . RESPECT. When we ask for respect, every other thing follows.

Feministsdon't see the need to giverespect. They believe their bank account gives them the unreserved right. It's the reason they're cocky, arrogant, disrespectful, bitter, insecure and all what's not.

If you want respect, fine you have it. Anything else?

Men of our generation don’t respect us. Ladies, how do we men disrespect you ladies? It's more of insatiety. Once the ladies conjure theories up, they begin to fantasize and create schisms that are in-existent, it's why many have a " divorce mindset ", quick to jump out the window, cause they don't rather are not designed to fit into a relationship that accommodates the needs of another individual respectfully.

We still wish to know, how are ladies disrespected?

2 Likes

Re: Feminism: Respect Not Equality. by Nobody: 7:22pm On Nov 03, 2017
iamJ:
i knew that u will comment angry

in other news, U win come online

Yeah, you know I can't help myself.
Re: Feminism: Respect Not Equality. by Nobody: 7:23pm On Nov 03, 2017
Na Wa For Una... You No De Taya? What Respect Do You Want Again? Are Women Being Treated Wrongly Or What? What Is Your Problem? Why Not Go To Buhari and Complain?

1 Like

Re: Feminism: Respect Not Equality. by Nobody: 7:26pm On Nov 03, 2017
Nairaland has been boring lately... I brought back the bubbles.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Feminism: Respect Not Equality. by walepackage(m): 7:26pm On Nov 03, 2017
Madam,respect as u suggest is "earn" not giving as u thought.Have seen men who "idolize" and "respect" their spouse because she worth it,i have work with a lady which i respect and dignify well.I always believe that ur personality and self achievement earn you what you desire from others, be it respect or dignity.What did guys really want.Nobody will accord u with respect becos u believe u are a "lady" when u dont worth it,you have to earn it and watch how people accord you with so much respect you desire.

3 Likes

Re: Feminism: Respect Not Equality. by Sugar97(f): 7:26pm On Nov 03, 2017
Donaldduke2019:

Don't understand you, This is an over flogged issue.

Over flogged yet easily misunderstood.

By the way, I was just saying u shouldn't try to bully the OP cheesy
Re: Feminism: Respect Not Equality. by Nobody: 7:27pm On Nov 03, 2017
DeadRat:
Na Wa For Una... You No De Taya? What Respect Do You Want Again? Are Women Being Treated Wrongly Or What? What Is Your Problem? Why Not Go To Buhari and Complain?

KiKiKi @ Why Not Go To Buhari and Complain? You're hilarious
Re: Feminism: Respect Not Equality. by Nobody: 7:28pm On Nov 03, 2017
walepackage:
Madam,respect as u suggest is "earn" not giving as u thought.Have seen men who "idolize" and "respect" their spouse because she worth it,i have work with a lady which i respect and dignify well.I always believe that ur personality and self achievement earn you what you desire from others, be it respect or dignity.What did guys really want.Nobody will accord u with respect becos u believe u are a "lady" when u dont worth it,you have to earn it and watch how people accord you with so much respect you desire.

grin grin grin If care isn't taken these ladies will demand more than this.
Re: Feminism: Respect Not Equality. by FTrebirth(m): 7:29pm On Nov 03, 2017
no, this thread won't get as far as the other one because those mentally disturbed girls ain't gonna contribute anything here. the op didn't pull the right strings that tickle their fancy.

so...DOA.
Re: Feminism: Respect Not Equality. by Nobody: 7:30pm On Nov 03, 2017
Jupxter:

KiKiKi @ Why Not Go To Buhari and Complain? You're hilarious
hahahaha. The Thing Just Weak Me... Make She Come Tie Rope For My Neck drag Me For Ground To Show Say I Got Respect for Women
Re: Feminism: Respect Not Equality. by Donaldduke2019(m): 7:30pm On Nov 03, 2017
Sugar97:

Over flogged yet easily misunderstood.
By the way, I was just saying u shouldn't try to bully the OP cheesy
Smiles....No p dear...Just for fun tho
Re: Feminism: Respect Not Equality. by Nobody: 7:31pm On Nov 03, 2017
DeadRat:
hahahaha. The Thing Just Weak Me... Make She Come Tie Rope For My Neck drag Me For Ground To Show Say I Got Respect for Women

Did anyone stop females from buying presidential forms? Governorship forms? Local Govt chairmanship forms?

1 Like

Re: Feminism: Respect Not Equality. by Nobody: 7:32pm On Nov 03, 2017
Donaldduke2019:

you Don Recover From That Madrid lose
Re: Feminism: Respect Not Equality. by naija2(f): 7:32pm On Nov 03, 2017
Jupxter:

Feministsdon't see the need to giverespect. They believe their bank account gives them the unreserved right. It's the reason they're cocky, arrogant, disrespectful, bitter, insecure and all what's not.

If you want respect, fine you have it. Anything else?

Men of our generation don’t respect us. Ladies, how do we men disrespect you ladies? It's more of insatiety. Once the ladies conjure theories up, they begin to fantasize and create schisms that are in-existent, it's why many have a " divorce mindset ", quick to jump out the window, cause they don't rather are not designed to fit into a relationship that accommodates the needs of another individual respectfully.

We still wish to know, how are ladies disrespected?
Most men don’t respect the positions we hold, they don’t respect our decision making, our contributions a views to issues. As a lady, we move down the street and we are body shamed or sexually assulted. So, yes we are not respected. I am not asking for the equality but what ever view or position I hold on a matter should be respected just as you want yours to be respected. A minister from an Arab country I presume, saying a lady needs to be raped or deserves to be raped because she wears a ripped jeans? For what reason and what type of respect does he have for ladies to say that?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

drop a comment / I Was Scammed By This Nairalander Last Night..... / To Have a Baby For a Married Man?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.