Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,966 members, 7,810,679 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:11 PM

My Fiancée Isn't A Wife Material, Please Help. - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiancée Isn't A Wife Material, Please Help. (46510 Views)

My Fiancée Wants To Visit Her Ex That Came To Town. / Indecisive About My Fiancée That Dated People I Know / I Sent N500k To My Fiancée To Open A Shop, She Used It To Settle Family Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiancée Isn't A Wife Material, Please Help. by nairanaira12: 2:08am On Dec 05, 2017
HeyCorleone:

emboldened.

When you get to the bridge, you'd cross it.

Worst advice of the year. cheesy
Re: My Fiancée Isn't A Wife Material, Please Help. by nairanaira12: 2:15am On Dec 05, 2017
Xcelinteriors:
Are you marrying her because you love her or because you want to turn her to maid. That girl should dump you as soon as possible. I am self employed and it is my husband that do prepare my baby for school every morning. I will just wake up like 7am and prepare breakfast but he will be the one to bath him and feed him. We brought the baby into this world together and should take care of him together, omolomo o le wa pa iyaoniya( ask any Yoruba to translate it for you)

Anty, stop this stupid idea. A sensible woman will wake up early and GLADLY take care of the home. A woman taking care of the home does not make her a slave.

I'm sure your mum took care of the home while she and your dad haven't given birth to you and your siblings. Does that make your mum a slave to your dad? Will you look at your mom right now and boldly point out any feature on her that makes her look like your dad's slave?

This your feminism nonsense has taken a turn into Foolishness Street, off Stupidity Street, enroute Mental Blindness Street.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Isn't A Wife Material, Please Help. by nairanaira12: 2:18am On Dec 05, 2017
Dimples129:
Bathe children, make breakfast, get ready for work... while YOU do what I wonder?

Forever looking for someone's daughter to abuse angry

A woman taking responsibility at home is not abuse... It is just what it is..... Taking Responsibility.

Please girl, do not marry at all. You seen to lack basic understanding about marriage.
Re: My Fiancée Isn't A Wife Material, Please Help. by nairanaira12: 2:21am On Dec 05, 2017
Mille:

The fact that you are deeply bothered by a woman who sleeps for 8hrs says a lot about you. If I see your woman today, I will advice her against going into the marriage.

Like seriously? People sleep according to their schedules. If I don't have anything to do on a Saturday or Sunday morning or even free weekdays, coupled with any earlier-in-the-week stress, I can sleep up to 13hrs. The same way I sleep for just 3hrs in weekdays or days where I have earlier schedule.

If she doesn't have anything to do, why wake up so early. Or are you the type who expects a woman to have less sleep or time for herself simply because she is married to you. The one you expect to sleep at 12 midnight and wake up at 4AM.

Oga wake up. There is a lot to marriage than that. You can't be married and be waking up by 7am when you have to resume at work by 8am. Does that even sound like a responsible behaviour to you?
Re: My Fiancée Isn't A Wife Material, Please Help. by lordswill03: 2:34am On Dec 05, 2017
Ever heard of that Nursery school rhymes :Early to bed is Early to rise that makes body healthy wealthy and wise?? Maybe you should consider allowing her sleep early and don't even bother to tap her at night. You'll see she will wake up 5:00. But how can you achieve that when John Tommos is restless. The solution to your problem lies with you
Re: My Fiancée Isn't A Wife Material, Please Help. by Nobody: 2:52am On Dec 05, 2017
Realitycheck007:
Her work hours are from 8am-4pm, So if she wakes by 7, Break fast and Kids nko? I Will assist definitely but She shouldn't just be Rolling on the bed.

Oga ade if waking by 7am is the only problem she has then I don't see a problem so far she doesn't go late to work. U keep talking about the kids, u forgot a nursing mother does not sleep. By the time she has the first child she will be waking up in the midnight to feed the baby, she will get used to that. She knows she will need to take care of the kids before going to work and u will also assist her, u are not marrying her to enslave her.
Re: My Fiancée Isn't A Wife Material, Please Help. by malache(m): 2:57am On Dec 05, 2017
u must be d reason y she wakes up late.reduce d way u hammer her.
Re: My Fiancée Isn't A Wife Material, Please Help. by MightySparrow: 3:03am On Dec 05, 2017
Realitycheck007:
Good day,

Good people of nairaland, I am new to the thread so please bear my mishaps. Nairaland was Introduced to me by a colleague of mine at the office yesterday. So i said i should seek your advice on an issue bothering me.. Back to the topic.

Name withheld, My fiancee has been my girl for over 4 months now, and by early next year am thinking of taking it to the alter by God's grace but here is the problem....

On 3 or 4 occasions i have invited her to spend the night at my place, she do agrees but the problem is she over sleeps. She would sleep from 11 till 7am, A working class lady. I dunno how to tell her again, Cause i told her jokingly she laughed about it and said Is It my sleep. Imagine marrying her and she wakes by 7 or 8, Were is the time to take care of our kids nd d home I.E, Preparing breakfast and bathing the kids and also preparing for her work hour..... Please Nairalanders, Your opinions will be highly welcomed.

Mods please push to front page for more assistance

Put her where she belongs ahikena.
Re: My Fiancée Isn't A Wife Material, Please Help. by Nobody: 3:06am On Dec 05, 2017
But seriously if the lady is my sister I will advice her against marrying this op. So just because someone comes to visit u and wakes up 7am (probably on a weekend) then that makes her not fit enough to be a wife material? I know ur type, u are one of those rigid '
This is Africa ' kind of men. Those that will beat their wife up and see nothing wrong with it . R u looking for a housegirl or a wife? So let me see... U expect her to wake by 5am, make ur food and serve u breakfast in bed and she must be on her knees while serving u the food abi. See this hustler dey form big man, so what will u do then when u become really rich, u will tie a rope to her neck

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancée Isn't A Wife Material, Please Help. by Nobody: 3:11am On Dec 05, 2017
nairanaira12:

Anty, stop this stupid idea. A sensible woman will wake up early and GLADLY take care of the home. A woman taking care of the home does not make her a slave.

I'm sure your mum took care of the home while she and your dad haven't given birth to you and your siblings. Does that make your mum a slave to your dad? Will you look at your mom right now and boldly point out any feature on her that makes her look like your dad's slave?

This your feminism nonsense has taken a turn into Foolishness Street, off Stupidity Street, enroute Mental Blindness Street.

U have a point, but 1 question... If a lady wakes up by 7am (single lady oh with no children yet), is that enough to tag her as 'not a wife material'? Just a question. And op didn't tell us if it was on a weekend on weekday. The way I see it I think the op is too rigid.
Re: My Fiancée Isn't A Wife Material, Please Help. by Jilo83(m): 3:14am On Dec 05, 2017
It is not her fault now. You did not allow her to sleep untill late in the night and maybe in the midnight you still give her another rounds. What do you expect? Body no be fire wood. She need rest biko.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Isn't A Wife Material, Please Help. by usajunior: 3:40am On Dec 05, 2017
Its not true if this is your reason. I used to sleep like that, even she is even better. Mine was 6pm to 7am while i was in school on daily basis. But when i get married and started having kids coupled with a job, i didnt know when i changed. You cant sleep when ur kids are awake. I cant sleep for more than 3hrs at a strecth. Its impossible so she even have no reason to be awake now. No kids and no job.
Re: My Fiancée Isn't A Wife Material, Please Help. by marylandcakes: 4:09am On Dec 05, 2017
Realitycheck007:
Good day,

Good people of nairaland, I am new to the thread so please bear my mishaps. Nairaland was Introduced to me by a colleague of mine at the office yesterday. So i said i should seek your advice on an issue bothering me.. Back to the topic.

Name withheld, My fiancee has been my girl for over 4 months now, and by early next year am thinking of taking it to the alter by God's grace but here is the problem....

On 3 or 4 occasions i have invited her to spend the night at my place, she do agrees but the problem is she over sleeps. She would sleep from 11 till 7am, A working class lady. I dunno how to tell her again, Cause i told her jokingly she laughed about it and said Is It my sleep. Imagine marrying her and she wakes by 7 or 8, Were is the time to take care of our kids nd d home I.E, Preparing breakfast and bathing the kids and also preparing for her work hour..... Please Nairalanders, Your opinions will be highly welcomed.

@ OP what you need is a nanny not a wife. When she is doing all this chores what will you be doing? Sitting down twiddling your thumbs. Get real man, this is 2017 marriage is more of a partnership these days except you want your wife to resent you then carry on.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Isn't A Wife Material, Please Help. by nnamdiosu(m): 4:26am On Dec 05, 2017
Realitycheck007:
Good day,

Oga weh done o. So....for a lady to sleep late, it now means she is not a wife material bah? Is that club material?
On a more serious note, you can't gauge that in the school of wife materialism. Besides, remove it from your mind now that she'll just be taking care of the kids and doing house work when she marries. Is that all there is to marriage?
If there is an attitude that she possess that you don't like, calmly talk to her, addressing your points. No one is perfect. Not even you.
Marriage is more than using sleep to judge wife material. Its about BEGINNING A journey WITH ANOTHER HUMAN BEING (FOR EVER), THAT HAD A TOTAL BACK GROUND FROM YOURS. ......AND ONLY GOD CAN HELP YOU MAKE A RIGHT CHOICE. NOT CALCULATING THE NUMBER OF hours SPENT SLEEPING. I pray God helps you choose right in Jesus name .
Allow madam sleep her mind biko. Smile

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Isn't A Wife Material, Please Help. by sandland: 4:30am On Dec 05, 2017
HeyCorleone:

emboldened.

When you get to the bridge, you'd cross it.
this boy is already on top of the bridge. It is how to walk pass it that he is looking for. But wait, is she fat. She will get fatter and sleep longer.
Re: My Fiancée Isn't A Wife Material, Please Help. by mema900: 4:57am On Dec 05, 2017
You de over worry for nothing. I came here expecting to see more valid reasons, only to see She sleeps too much
Re: My Fiancée Isn't A Wife Material, Please Help. by Aadeyinka(m): 5:06am On Dec 05, 2017
Realitycheck007:
Good day,

No problem here , she slept till 7am bcoz no job yet and has not yet married, when got a job and children to take care of, no one will tell her before she will/must adjust to wake early for her responsibilities, like early cook for the family,bath children, etc but real study her
if not lazy type, wish u all the best.
Re: My Fiancée Isn't A Wife Material, Please Help. by TEYA: 5:10am On Dec 05, 2017
Xcelinteriors:
Are you marrying her because you love her or because you want to turn her to maid. That girl should dump you as soon as possible. I am self employed and it is my husband that do prepare my baby for school every morning. I will just wake up like 7am and prepare breakfast but he will be the one to bath him and feed him. We brought the baby into this world together and should take care of him together, omolomo o le wa pa iyaoniya( ask any Yoruba to translate it for you)
Lol not everyone is your husband. There are men that contribute more than your husband and that does not compel your husband to be like them and there are things that your husband cannot tolerate which many married men do.
Re: My Fiancée Isn't A Wife Material, Please Help. by Blissp99(f): 5:18am On Dec 05, 2017
She will get ova it
Maybe she doesn't have responsibilities now
Re: My Fiancée Isn't A Wife Material, Please Help. by jy2kbeyond(m): 5:24am On Dec 05, 2017
Xcelinteriors:

And what time does your husband wake up?
Re: My Fiancée Isn't A Wife Material, Please Help. by Nobody: 5:32am On Dec 05, 2017
wahala dey o she sleep trouble,she no sleep na witch, 11pm-7am na over sleep have u forgotten d stress she goes through,abeg leave d babe for anoda man abi is it ur SLEEP?
Re: My Fiancée Isn't A Wife Material, Please Help. by babooshka: 5:34am On Dec 05, 2017
Mille:

The fact that you are deeply bothered by a woman who sleeps for 8hrs says a lot about you. If I see your woman today, I will advice her against going into the marriage.

Like seriously? People sleep according to their schedules. If I don't have anything to do on a Saturday or Sunday morning or even free weekdays, coupled with any earlier-in-the-week stress, I can sleep up to 13hrs. The same way I sleep for just 3hrs in weekdays or days where I have earlier schedule.

If she doesn't have anything to do, why wake up so early. Or are you the type who expects a woman to have less sleep or time for herself simply because she is married to you. The one you expect to sleep at 12 midnight and wake up at 4AM.
truth!!!
Re: My Fiancée Isn't A Wife Material, Please Help. by jy2kbeyond(m): 5:34am On Dec 05, 2017
MissWrite:

"Buy" breakfast? That's the alternative you're resorting to? If you had said "Do you advise me to make breakfast every morning when she's around?" I would have said "No. I'm sure she wouldn't even be comfortable sleeping while you're disturbing pots and pan in the kitchen by six in the morning. She'll definitely get out of bed and help."

But you said "buy", which makes me think you consider the kitchen beneath you, and you just want to cast her in those traditionally feminine roles. And I don't subscribe to that, especially since you are both working people. The thing is, when you buy your breakfast, that's a convenient way of modern living that shouldn't necessarily grate her conscience. She can go ahead and get her sleep. But when you step into the kitchen, you're setting a tone that she wouldn't just ignore.

Reality check one, two.
Helloooo, how about if she ignores even as the husband makes breakfast himself.
Saturday wey go better, na from friday person dey see the signs
Re: My Fiancée Isn't A Wife Material, Please Help. by Nobody: 5:37am On Dec 05, 2017
nairanaira12:

Oga wake up. There is a lot to marriage than that. You can't be married and be waking up by 7am when you have to resume at work by 8am. Does that even sound like a responsible behaviour to you?
But d babe is not married,how can he complain of just 8hrs sleep,if i know d lady i would make sure she dump dis boy she thinks is a man

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancée Isn't A Wife Material, Please Help. by MobilityExpress: 5:46am On Dec 05, 2017
Xcelinteriors:

grin your brain is working perfectly grin
Re: My Fiancée Isn't A Wife Material, Please Help. by onadana: 5:48am On Dec 05, 2017
Realitycheck007:
Good day,

Since you wake up early why not help out abi she be house girl ne marriage na help me i help you ooo remove all this old mentality for ya head.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Isn't A Wife Material, Please Help. by Jimi23(m): 5:53am On Dec 05, 2017
Realitycheck007:
Not like i wouldn't assist.. On Saturday, I intentionally told her to go and be watching her favorite series. That am doing all the chores today, Not trying to brag thou. But just preparing breakfast, Bathing junior.. Those are the 2 things required of her, I normally love doing the car cleaning, sweeping, taking the kids to school and Arrangement of the house cause i love it personally especially changing position of things to try out new beautification setting. So i don't get why nairaland are shouting slave that am turning her to a maid. Please can you help me out

You normally like taking the kids to school? Which kids have you been taking to school? Meaning you have been married before yet you are still seeking to make her your maid? Little wonder your marriages will all crash like a pack of cards. You have no regard for the womenfolk at all. Fear the curse of a woman you have bunked o especially when she leaves bitter or sad. Their curses stick like glue.My friend still dey suffer from curse till tomorrow. Thats why I am always careful with the womenfolk.
This is the 21st century dude. Wake up and smell d coffee. Urgggghh!! I've got sisters and I truly despise selfish and jobless old gigolo puppets like you! If you still got a momma sure her pussy is still available and she can work her dry butts out for you. That's what a heartless devil like you needs. Your mamas pussy. Gosh! If only us men all understand that all women need is love, care and tenderness not greedy leaching gigolos who change women like nappies. Divorce rates would be brought to the bearest minimum. Sure thing you'll die lonely with this shallow notion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Fiancée Isn't A Wife Material, Please Help. by ra4fo(m): 5:54am On Dec 05, 2017
Realitycheck007:
Good day,

bros, i don't know what u mean by over sleeping but if ur would b wife sleeps 11-7am, dats 8hours and sure its a healthy recomendation by d medical xperts + if she can carryout her functions well, i don't think u shud hav sleepin as an xcuse not to marry. I had opened this page because i taught i was going to see something worth backin out of marriage for but i'm yet to c one real reason.
The thing is, when the kids start coming, she would adjust.
#with grt power coms great responsibility..
cheers man, encourage ur woman.nobody is perfect

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Isn't A Wife Material, Please Help. by MobilityExpress: 6:05am On Dec 05, 2017
Realitycheck007, i think what you need is a reality check with yourself first. This is 2017, any fiancée that sleeps from 11pm - 7am is a wife material. The ones that are not wife material are the ones that do night vigil at Quilox etc and sleep at different hotels everyday.

Reality check for every wise man:

Play a trivial game with your fiancée called “mention the places you know”. Then when it is your turn to ask questions, ask your fiancée to name 10 hotels she knows. If she can conveniently name 7 or more hotels, then your fiancée is likely to be a runs girl material, not a wife material grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Isn't A Wife Material, Please Help. by birdsview(m): 6:05am On Dec 05, 2017
Your problem pass your fiancee own.Na wa for you ooo.Too petty

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancée Isn't A Wife Material, Please Help. by Afec1000givers: 6:09am On Dec 05, 2017
u are not a husband material op..because she sleeps its a problem to you what if she wakes up all night. have u gone to know are parent while u camp her in your house? are u having sex with her at late hours?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancée Isn't A Wife Material, Please Help. by Nobody: 6:09am On Dec 05, 2017
Wonderful! 11pm to 7am sleep now disqualifies one as wife material ?

Kai, nothing women no dey see for this life...

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

My Fiancee's Anger Issues / Lady Poses Unclad For Her Boyfriend’s Birthday On Facebook (photos) / What Most Dudes Are Guilty Of.. Where Do you Belong ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.