Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,211 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

Yoruba Hebrew Heritage - Culture (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (136490 Views)

Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (End Of Discussion) / Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) / Unanswered Questions On Yoruba's Hebrew Heritage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (97) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by OlaoChi: 1:25am On Jan 20, 2019
Olu317:

As difficult for you to understand,so shall it be unto you forever. Like I said, it will always be difficult for you to know anything! Even with the slightest unknown information of old Greek,which was what Jesus-Yesua-Esua-Esu used during his era. Have you no knowledge the Greek language was where the Paleo Hebrew history became more pronounced? As disspointing as usual. Well, the Roman-Greek, controlled the Hebrew's Juda's colony during Jesus time, whose language was intertwined with the local's Aramaic language which was the lingua franca during Jesus era,which is known as New Testament grin .... As you can see, I am only teaching you what you don't know and it is not necessarily Hebrew language.

Kindly look into the mirror to stare at it to give yourself a hard knock on the head for this unstudied attitude of yours, despite your songs of being super rich grin. What a boastful and arrogant man.

Until, you know how to understudy the on going reconstruction of Paleo Hebrew before you can understand a bit of what we are trying to teach you and your likeminds. Little do you know, that the archaic Hebrew is actually a reconstruction through Paleo Hebrew linguists grin. And everything else is a mirage cheesy

Enjoy the screenshot of Greek word that is cognate with Yorubas.
grin grin i asked you a question so you can explain yourself to give you the opportunity to defend yourself not because i do not know what actually is.

again, is Petros now a paleo-hebrew word? What scholars in 2018/19 are these? Answer

since you do not want to use English Bible anymore, you should remember the names of characters in the English bible need to be rendered in their correct original form too, don't just shift from English bible to Greek and Hebrew as it suits you
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 10:22am On Jan 20, 2019
OlaoChi:
grin grin i asked you a question so you can explain yourself to give you the opportunity to defend yourself not because i do not know what actually is.

again, is Petros now a paleo-hebrew word? What scholars in 2018/19 are these? Answer

since you do not want to use English Bible anymore, you should remember the names of characters in the English bible need to be rendered in their correct original form too, don't just shift from English bible to Greek and Hebrew as it suits you

Oh ignorance is indeed the greatest problem you have and you have never learned nor will you learn . I thought you claimed Yoruba is of West Africa origin ? grin. But now,I have exposed your ignorance once more with Petra-Petro',which both related to meaning of stone-Rock,depending of the Hebrew's-Greek era, and which can be found in Greek dictionary,if you doubt to affirm. I am expecting you to provide Japanese version of, ‘Rock' grin as I have done once more.

Your question :
1 Paleo Hebrew? It is a classical language that is not spoken anymore.... Kikiki. Only reconstruction of how it is spoken, is what the Hebrew linguists are doing. No body can exactly knew how ,it was spoken until the alphabets were found at Sinia axis, in Egypt. This alphabets helped the continuous research being done. And even Hebrew linguists don't always agree or have same meaning to certain researched words of Paleo Hebrew. grin (Ignorance on your part). Authoritatively,the watered Paleo Hebrew lexicons gradually developed after the first conquest of the Temple in Israel,which made migration ,enslavement of the Hebrew back to Egypt and other places. So also, it is recorded that Hebrew from the 10th century BCE of the late Second Temple period (lasting to c. 70 CE), developed into Mishnaic Hebrew language, which was a move away from the foundational Hebrew language. And (From about the 6th century BCE until the Middle Ages , many Jews spoke a related Semitic language, which is known as, Aramaic(Persian origin). So Aramaic was not Hebrew but a Persian kind of language that's likened to Arabic- semitic, with slight relationship with Paleo Hebrew's variation. You wont understand because it isnt meant for you.

My question:
2. Is it important for you to be famed through arrogance and poor studying ? No,because you can learn like others like us, since it is not of your calling. So position yourself to learn. After all, individual gift different in nature. So learn.

Unfortunately, if not because of your ignorance and enemy of progress's motive, that belittled your personality, you would have been able to ask questions , and compare your answers from your best friend; wiki grin as it seems. Anyway I am not surprised because every action taken by you online has always been negative which make a skunk out of you,on the Culture Section. In fact, a rodent is unhidden no matter,where it lurks in darkness. So learn to be humble to gain knowledge because it can be earned through rigorous studying but having it as a divine gift makes one's work smooth without hiccup.

But you are too cynical about others yet you have no knowledge to realise Bible was made pronounced and popularized in Greek.Yet you keep confusing yourself over common sense things that has been made easy through Early Hebrew linguists,which is not common but remain exceptional to have as a scholar be it one's field or a maven grin grin grin.

Honestly, such as you is needed but hven't I expose you once again with your desert's or more like barren knowledge grin ? A shame to claim what you have no knowledge on because anyone who is a student of history,of linguistic, of Genetic studying know that the presence of Greek,Roman,Coptic— Egyptians, Arabic, Hebrew lexicons etc are a product of intermingling with Yoruba words at a spot outside Nigeria grin because yoruba people's way of worship is not related to any group in West Africa, which was the reason it has been proved that the Yoruba developed their cosmology's knowledge, language, culture etc outside West Africa. So keep off from exposing yourself more on this platform because you lack the wherewith to stamp your authority on this platform, no matter how little because you are only filled with semantic angry. À to é tíì.

Rich kid grin, go nd study and stop exposing more of your ignorance. After all,cognate doesn't mean exactly same letters to form the word but proto language; root-sound. Then Yoruba DNA are once said to match people of Northern Europe but broke up about 100 thousands years ago.

Few questions you can't answer:
1. Have you for once consider where the Northern Europe is ?

2. Have you ask yourself things that could make such DNA link happen?

3. Why 8% DNA ghost isin Yoruba and not in other Western Africa?

4.Why are Yorubas said to be non allergic to Lassa Fever?

5. Why do Yoruba kings believed strongly in staff of Office( Opa ashé) as being used by pope,coptic leader, kings etc, which is of Semitic origin?

5. Did Yoruba developed this knowledge in West Africa?

6. Why do Yoruba pay attention to using hill(Oke) as part of their Oriki(panegyric/epithet) or the significance of Oke to Yoruba people which is not found in Ibo's history or non Yorubas in Nigeria?

Well, I know you won't answer these questions because you absolutely have no idea as absoluteSuccess has once said about you.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by OlaoChi: 6:38pm On Jan 20, 2019
Olu317:

Oh ignorance is indeed the greatest problem you have and you have never learned nor will you learn . I thought you claimed Yoruba is of West Africa origin ? grin. But now,I have exposed your ignorance once more with Petra-Petro',which both related to meaning of stone-Rock,depending of the Hebrew's-Greek dictionary you can see to affirm. I am expecting you to provide Japanese version of, ‘Rock' grin as I have done once more.

Your question :
1 Paleo Hebrew? grin. Olodo ;it is a classical language that is not spoken anymore.... Kikiki. Only reconstruction of how it is spoken, is what the Hebrew linguists are doing. No body can exactly say, how ,it was spoken in one way or the other until the alphabets were found before, more research work is continuously be done.See your life grin. And even Hebrew linguists don't always agree or have same meaning to certain researched words of Paleo Hebrew. grin (Ignorance on your part). Authoritatively,the watered Paleo Hebrew lexicons gradually developed after the first conquest of the Temple in Israel,which made migration ,enslavement of the Hebrew back to Egypt. And it's recorded that Hebrew from the 10th century BCE of the late Second Temple period (lasting to c. 70 CE), after which the language developed into Mishnaic Hebrew,which was a move away from the foundational Hebrew . And (From about the 6th century BCE until the Middle Ages , many Jews spoke a related Semitic language, Aramaic. So Aramaic was not Hebrew but a Persian kind of language that's likened to Arabic- semitic, with slight relationship with Paleo Hebrew's variation. You wont understand because it isnt meant for you.

My question:
2. Is it important for you to be famed through arrogance and poor studying ? No,because you can learn like others like us, since it is not of your calling. So position yourself to learn. After all, individual gift different in nature. So learn.

Unfortunately, if not because of your ignorance and enemy of progress's motive, that belittled your personality, you would have been able to ask questions , and compare your answers from your best friend; wiki grin as it seems. Anyway I am not surprised because every action taken by you online has always been negative which make a skunk out of you,on the Culture Section. In fact, a rodent is unhidden no matter,where it lurks in darkness. So learn to be humble to gain knowledge because it can be earned through rigorous studying but having it as a divine gift makes one's work smooth without hiccup.

But you are too cynical about others yet you have no knowledge to realise Bible was made pronounced and popularized in Greek.Yet you keep confusing yourself over common sense things that has been made easy through Early Hebrew linguists,which is not common but remain exceptional to have as a scholar be it one's field or a maven grin grin grin.

Honestly, such as you is needed but hven't I expose you once again with your desert's or more like barren knowledge grin ? A shame to claim what you have no knowledge on because anyone who is a student of history,of linguistic, of Genetic studying know that the presence of Greek,Roman,Coptic— Egyptians, Arabic, Hebrew lexicons etc are a product of intermingling with Yoruba words at a spot outside Nigeria grin because yoruba people's way of worship is not related to any group in West Africa, which was the reason it has been proved that the Yoruba developed their cosmology's knowledge, language, culture etc outside West Africa. So keep off from exposing yourself more on this platform because you lack the wherewith to stamp your authority on this platform, no matter how little because you are only filled with semantic angry. À to é tíì.

Rich kid grin, go nd study and stop exposing more of your ignorance. After all,cognate doesn't mean exactly same letters to form the word but proto language; root-sound. Then Yoruba DNA are once said to match people of Northern Europe but broke up about 100 thousands years ago.

Few questions you can't answer:
1. Have you for once consider where the Northern Europe is ?

2. Have you ask yourself things that could make such DNA link happen?

3. Why 8% DNA ghost isin Yoruba and not in other Western Africa?

4.Why are Yorubas said to be non allergic to Lassa Fever?

5. Why do Yoruba kings believed strongly in staff of Office( Opa ashé) as being used by pope,coptic leader, kings etc, which is of Semitic origin?

5. Did Yoruba developed this knowledge in West Africa?

6. Why do Yoruba pay attention to using hill(Oke) as part of their Oriki(panegyric/epithet) or the significance of Oke to Yoruba people which is not found in Ibo's history or non Yorubas in Nigeria?

Well, I know you won't answer these questions because you absolutely have no idea as absoluteSuccess has once said about you.

grin grin grin simple question you cannot answer you start wetting your pants with this irrelevant epistle
for the third time, is Petros now a paleo-hebrew word, yes or no?

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by absoluteSuccess: 3:21am On Jan 21, 2019
OlaoChi:
grin grin Look how you forcefully insert "Iberu" as an etymon
and Hebrew, Aramaic as proto-languages grin grin you are big fool honestly, you have no understanding of these terms and keep exposing your desperation.

There is no known way of getting you to agree to anything until you are confused. It is your "elusive trick" as a clever prankster. Once you are confused, you will claim a statement as if you understand it. And that done, if you are questioned about the same word or statement, you trip off and on or slide to another word, off and on like that from pillar to post going in circles.This is what I want to get you to say, "etymon".

Now that we are on the same page and you agree to the existence of the word "etymon", which means "the source of a word", what's the meaning of this etymon, "Iba" in the word "Ibadan"? Please don't be stuck in the wiki definition, knowledge has universal application. Extend yourself to semantic application of the word etymon as applied to individual syllable in a word, as there can be cognates in the same language.

Let Us Reconcile

At this junction, you and I agree that there is something called etymon, from etymology, meaning "the root meaning of words". That means words of historical reckoning are not "meaningless jargon" after all. To you, what is the etymological value of the word "Iba" in Ibadan, to proof you see this word as etymon and not an arbitrary word that is cut out from somewhere and fixed somewhere else without any recourse to history? Etymon is etymon because it has meaning and not an arbitrary nonsense.

If you don’t have any idea whatsoever to what the word mean, it means you have no knowledge of the word "etymon" or when and how it apply in etymological process. Then you do not have any argument to oppose the meaning that presently stands, not until you have an interpretation that succinctly stand and harmonizes with the prefix. If so, then all you have is polemics and vituperation to cover up for your incompetence to interpret or tell your own side of the story to buttress your own points. What is Iba or Eru?

This post of yours is so incoherent and brings many issues.

Hebrew and Aramaic are proto-languages of what modern languages? let me guess, Yoruba? how come Yoruba have two mother languages. And where is your proof of this?
And what does 'Iberu' mean in Yoruba and what does it mean in Greek and use that to support your argument, if you can't then you have nothing again as always. Stop dragging an argument you lost before it even began. This claim is too big for you to see to the end as all your claims

You are always stuck to complicated definitions on internet links and your favourite source, wikipedia. You seldom bring your source to the page where you are discussing except the links, so that you wont be quoted and scrutinized as you always do to win esusu likes to your argument against others from your co-fools. But if anyone bring up a source, you find ways to trash them, if they did not, you blame them for quoting no source. All this never make you wiser. The following is not my statement, but just some of my interpolations:

cognate etymon [iberu] need not be inherited directly from a proto language [hebrew, aramaic]; the etymon can be borrowed from some other language, [latin, Greek, Iberus, Iber], in which evolution produces cognate forms"

Now let me answer you on this your allegation and silly understanding that you seems to puff you up:

Let me just clear your misunderstanding and teach you another thing. Cognate etymon has to be a word that birthed another like a mother and her offspring, earlier you claimed Iber/Iberia was cognate with Iberu now you claim Iberia is an etymon(of which word?) from Greek and Latin and also in same statement that Iberu too is an etymon(of which word?) so what exactly is the connection and origin of Iber and Iberu? because you are still stuck there

Bro, teach yourself first: I've called your attention to the implication of your argument at the very next line to your climax line, that "Cognate etymon [iberu] need not be inherited directly from a proto language [hebrew, aramaic]; the etymon can be borrowed from some other language, [latin, Greek, Iberus, Iber], in which evolution produces cognate forms" But you are stuck to wiki and cannot think out of the box, you couldn't understand my interpolations. Because we are not operating from the same level.

I made my interpolations clear, but you in your foolish ways went to other unconfirmed source (outside the one under consideration) to find the meaning of "cognate etymon" and quickly bring back the meaning here without the link, creating a spurious speculation from how that undercover link interpret the word "cognate etymon" to you, then you interpolated your conclusions with it and quickly, you are here with foolishness in the guise of knowledge. Why not understand the pristine meaning of the concept, content and context of what you are dealing with first?

And also, contrary to what you are saying that cognate etymon is supposed to be birthed as a child of her parent language, your own cover source, wiki said it is not necessary. However, you are not intelligent enough to understand that part. It says cognate etymon can be "adopted" from other language it does not relate with. We are not dealing with cognate etymon between Yoruba/Greek/Latin, but a lump of word Iberu/Iberus/Hiber adoptive to the three from another language. Hope you are clear now?

What that wiki source is saying is that, it is not necessarily that cognate etymon means a word and its root meaning across various languages sharing the same targeted word, but something like Yeshua/Iesus/Jesus/Jesu. All the inflection identifies the same concept, (or word) adopted from one original language to the other(s), but may not connote the same idea in each respective language because its adopted into the language from an outside source but has become part of the spoken language through evolution.

Wiki did not say this, but the only source with the truest meaning whatsoever would be Yeshua, not what "Jesus" could mean through cognate-etymon "/jes/us/" in English or "/l/es/us/" in Greek. Hope you are good? Since I see what you cannot see, you wont expect me to break the word to syllables for you so as to adhere to "cognate etymon" as defined by you. Also, learn to stick to the source you are using and be honest to tell a discussant when you are making a detour.

I've exposedyou to a rudiment of semantics thats beyond your grasp, and that's the implication of the wiki source, and that's what we are dealing with here, borrowed words across different languages. This is the crust of the wiki source: cognate etymon is a word in antiquity shared by different languages from a single source.

This Is Where We Talk About Cognate Etymon Proper

Hope you still remember I'm not suppose to argue from your premises? If I am, we wont be here having this discussion. In the above, let us assign cognate etymon on iberu, it was not iberu (meaning "fear" according to you) because (according to me now) the meaning has changed (evolved) from what it was originally, the original meaning of the word was "Hebrew", which actually is an anglicize for Greek's Iberus or Latin Iber or Hiber. If you are knowledgeable, you wont expect me to break the word to syllables to adhere to "cognate etymon"

The Yoruba word Iberu is derived from Iber, an etymon of the Aramaic word (never mind what the transcription is for clearness now) meaning, "people from the other side of river Euphrate". So to save ourselves from confusion, two words targets the same meaning in the proto-hebrew, which is Aramaic, namely Eber, (the son of Shem), and Iber, an ethnonym derivable from the migrant status of Abraham the Semite from beyond the Euphrates.

This same word is akin to Yorubas' Eba (I anglicize this to Eber for non Yoruba readers because that's what it means). For instance, I am from Ileba, and we were called "Omo Eleba ori". Ileba means, "the land of Eba". But then there were other Yoruba place names called Iba. Thus the Yoruba have both words, Eba and Iba. Eba is for the historical ancestor, Eber, while Iba is for the geographical origin, hebrew. We were called "omo osun fodo rori", meaning "descent of one that sleeps with river as pillow"

If Iberu and Iber are etymons of the same word that means they must have the same meaning traceable to the same language, your post here is confusing and that is what you do when you run out of ways to defend yourself, you become incoherent, chose one, which one because all the languages you are lumping together are actually different, then how did you find out that these words are cognates and etymons without any material to work with? let me guess you guessed they must be connected because they sound alike in your head and you see that the words have similar letters? without even knowing how they sound in their various languages or a traceable structure to how the words are connected?

Well, your weakness is not my weakness. Does Jesus have a meaning in native English where it occurs or in Yeshua that is its true origin? Does Jesus comes from "Je Save Us" Does Jesu mean "Oluwa gbamila" in Yoruba or does "Isa" means "Savior" in Arabic? A word only have meaning at its source and slight differences at its offshoot but clearly unintelligible in other language. However, all derivatives must sound similar. You long to ascribe to knowledge but it is far from you.

The original etymon in question is that the present word from where this discussion spring forth is Iberia. This word is perhaps anglicizing of the phrase Iber-ia, that is, "town that flourished around the river ebro" similar to saying Nigeria is Niger-ia, that is, "the country that flourished around river Niger." Now river ebro has always been part of the Mediterranean before the end of the dark age, when medieval writers starts mentioning her. So Iber is identical and of the same source as Ebro though they don't sound alike.

The writing culture did not precede the naming of river ebro, and its from this name that the inhabitants were known, as people at the side of the river named ebro, meaning Iberians of recent. Meanwhile, the Greek and afterward the Romans did call this people after what they call themselves originally, "people at the other side of the river", pronounced "iberus" (favouring Ebro) by Greeks and Hiber (favouring Iber) by the Romans. The Mediterraneans flourished before the Greeks and the Romans.

So its like Yoruba saying "chukwudi", you don't need to know the meaning to say it. But if I write Chukwudi as Sukudi, I've made a Yoruba transliteration, not translation. It still does not make sukudi a Yoruba name proper, but an intelligent Igbo man may understand that word to mean chukwudi and easily make case for it, irrespective of time and space.

still you have not given the offspring word, or let me guess, 'hebrew' is the offspring word? if that is the case you just made things even more complicated because now you have to use etymology to connect all three words(Iber, Iberu and Hebrew) from all these languages together and bring out a single language as the language that the word originates from grin. You are so ignorant and desperate to save face that is the source of your inconsistency grin grin

Can you see what you expect? Because you are fixed in the box of the narrow meaning of "cognate etymon". But that's not the direction of a man of knowledge, you are tired going in circle and you thought its over, that now you will win. It is you that will be catching up with me, not me catching up with you, knowledge does not look up to ignorance. Now, this words are not native to any of the said users, but originated in aramaic.

The whole idea is that ebro, iberu, hebrew originated from one proto-language and evolve to their respective usage. It is this word that became ebro to the earliest Iberians who named river ebro, and hebrews to Abraham the Semite and Iba in Yoruba respectively: this similar words derived from the sentence originally meaning "[people of] the other side of the river". Iberus is a good sound to Iberu, which shows that that's how the present term 'iberia' was earlier pronounced in Greek time.

Hiber or Iber is another closest pronunciation that tell us the inflections close home. Altogether, they tried to call the place its original name of which they have no need changing or find meaning for. That is what your source could not do on the wiki link you put as final authority in your post, he could not connect the dotted line and make sense from the broken part, and that's what I just did because you are stuck to the limits of what you know. I can fly and soar as much as I can, come and find fault as you always do.

Now the word appear in their localized form both in Greek and Latin, but it is not original to either of them. The word was actually "transliterated" both into Greek and Latin tongues, hence it has no meaning to them "etymologically" and also to the writer of your wiki link, because that's not where it originated from.

The root word for the term ebro elude the writer because he is a speaker of Indo-European language that was a late comer to that vicinity, and he cannot fathom the meaning just as you are now. And you have no "divine connection" to do so. You are at your wits end. The eponymous name Basque equally has its root in the same Ba in the same sense as Iba in Ibadan, with the suffix "sque" as stabilizer of the root word.

the word iberus and Iber are "transliteration" of hebrew (from the other side of the river) in the latin and Greek, this was loaned both languages at arrival at the scene of history of the Mediterranean. This idea and fact beats you because you are clever but not knowledgeable nor divine. You always think you are smart, but then I will keep teaching you. A word can only make meaning where it has root or where its seed is found, not where its leafs are found. I've claimed to be rooted in the word as its offspring, I am the offspring of the word, I am not a leaf that falls and wither away.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by absoluteSuccess: 4:30am On Jan 21, 2019
ebro...

Iberia...

English, Iber: meaning what??
Greek, Iberus: meaning what??
Latin, Hiber: meaning what??

It can be observed that where a word has etymological relevance, it is consistently used to fashion varieties of new words, ideas and meanings because, though the true meaning or the original meaning might have been lost, but connection to the ancestry and and place name can still be feasible and revealing if a competent interest harness some fact build around such as it decay in usage over a long stretch of time. The following are the words that has etymological connection to one another and relevance in their respective culture of relevance

Hebrew, Eber: "Patriarch, ancestor", "from the other side of the river"

Aramaic, Eber, "[from the] other side of the river [Euphrate]"

Basque, Ebro, "the other side of the river"

Yoruba, Iberu, "Ojo-Iberu", historical, lost account.

Yoruba, Ileba, "land of Eba/Eber"

Yoruba, Iba, "Iba Dan" etymon in an ancient place name.

Yoruba, Iba, "Place names of two or more places in Yorubaland"

Yoruba, Iba, "Ibadan's historical figure in antiquity, named Iba Oluyole."

I would like to step aside for some time as there are necessity upon my shoulder for now, growth and responsibility beckons.

I will definitely be back with good news. God bless us all, thanks for sharing your vital time on this thread this much brothers.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 1:01pm On Jan 21, 2019
OlaoChi:
grin grin grin simple question you cannot answer you start wetting your pants with this irrelevant epistle
for the third time, is Petros now a paleo-hebrew word, yes or no?

Where exactly did I refer to Petra and petros as Paleo Hebrew? When will you learn? Just imaging the same you that claim knowledge but doesn't even know the very first translation of the Hebrew Bible was into Greek.In fact, the early Hebrew exist in fringes and aramaic(Persian ) was spoken during Jesus's era...Anyway,wallowing in ignorance is your watchword grin.
Contrary to your perception ,the words you may find online are reconstruction of classical Hebrew (archaic) and there is no way accuracy could be made by the Hebrew linguists grin except the speakers of such language,who are today's Yorubas. More precisely the set of the speakers who understand the linguistic aspect of the root and sound of archaic inscription and writing of Paleo Hebrew language . And as it is, the archaic Hebrew-Yoruba language is strange to you as for now,which is the reason I had mentioned and will infer again that ,you need not be on this platform.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 11:19am On Jan 22, 2019
OlaoChi:

it would have been a different case had we been presented with some evidence. you also make a huge accusation that the people calling themselves Israel today do not own the Jewish culture, so is it Yoruba that didn't even know Israel existed before Islam and christianity were introduced that own it? Lets be real, it is this colomentality as fela puts it of super civilizations in Eurasia and the lack of civilization in africa that is driving ignorant people to distance themselves from africa. I mean just look at some saying Yoruba is too civilized to be related to africans, pure ignorance of african greatness

"He be say you be colonial man
You don be slave man before
Them don release you now
But you never release yourself
I say you fit never release yourself
Colo-mentality
He be say you be colonial man
You don be slave man before
Them don release you now
But you never release yourself
He be so
He be so them dey do, them dey overdo
All the things them dey do (He be so!)
He be so them dey do, them think dey say
Them better pass them brothers
No be so? (He be so!)
The thing wey black no good
Na foreign things them dey like
No be so? (He be so!)"

Europeans have left us, yet we still continue to enslave our minds and think lowly of our identity as africans, african origin is not good, we need foreign origin to think highly of ourselves. yoruba is better than igbo, igbo is better than edo, edo is better than igala, all fighting for who is better than who but you all are in the same mess
. Mr stupid monkey Yoruba traders were travelling as far as Sudan, Ethiopian , Egypt, Mauritania Mali.. Meditaranean Mecca too.. We tamed beast of burden ..
ibn battuta Moroccan historian and famous world traveller visited Oyo wrote about yorubas even greatest African scholar Ahmed baba ... Go and read book titled from Babylon to Timbuktu maybe that will broaden your mind a bit.. From Babylon to Timbuktu: A History of the Ancient Black Races ...
Book by Rudolph R. Windsor

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 1:23pm On Jan 22, 2019
Looking at the shared word between classical Hebrew's HANNAH-HANNON-HANNEN and Yoruba's ÁÀNÙ.

The root-verb חֲנַן ( hanan-hannon-hannen ) shows up all over the Semitic language spectrum in meanings from to grant a favor, to be gracious and to favor. In Arabic this verb means to feel sympathy or compassion.

In the Bible it "depicts a heartfelt response by someone who has something to give to one who has a need" . The verb covers the actions of people towards people (Judges 21:22, Psalm 37:21, Job 19:21), but mostly that of God towards man (Genesis 33:11, Psalm 119:28, Amos 5:15).

The word ‘Anu' is ageless with Yoruba people and means to show compassion on some one who is in need. Interestingly, Yoruba remain the only group in West Africa with this cognate.

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by absoluteSuccess: 4:50pm On Apr 08, 2019
I needed to tidy up this place with fresh ideas in befitting forms if time permits. This days, many distractions are taking me out of publishing, its more than 2 years now that I've made any book of whatever title, but hopefully by the mid of this year, a book should be ready for enthusiasts here. I owe a lot to you @Olu, Metaphysical etc. Some of your thoughts have become mine.

A Fresh Cryptic Discovery

As usual, there's something curious in the offing: a simple word with trans-cultural details has turned out from the rubles of time. Aege (agege) and Aegea. Both words are of the same meaning, equal valence and shares common origin. True cognates like this are proof that the Yoruba inherited some words from its Mediterranean roots.

Such words are domiciled in Yoruba culture, where it still serves the same purpose as its found in its origin at the cradle crescent. Its not just names that came with the Yoruba from their ancestral lands, some words that corresponds with foreign meaning in sound, pronunciation and etymology can be designated as "oro amutorunwa" if possible.

When we come across such words in their pristine form, their meaning are often shrouded in mystery. It's this kind of words that one should be interested in, and I found such in the term 'erigialo', in a path of Ifa. This word refers to Ifa. I have been searching for the possible meaning for the term, howbeit I got it figured out at last, comparatively.

The word erigialo does not have dictionary meaning in Yoruba, it used to be an ancient word and register with Ifa, but it seems to be divisible because erigi is Yoruba for the tooth-gum and alo is often found in some Yoruba poetry. This word occur in various intonations in Yoruba, as alo (riddle, weave) alo (twisted) alo (onward), alo, which is the point in question.

"Erin g'oke alo o, erin g'oke alo!
Agunfon, erin goke alo!"

here's another:

"Itakun t'oni k'erin ma g'oke alo, t'oun t'erin ni o jolo!"

From this piece, alo is a word shrouded in meaning in Yoruba. But in Greek language, it is Halos. The two words are cognates. Assuming we borrow insight from the Greeks, the word alo is true cognate with halos, meaning "sea" (or river) as the case may be with Yoruba usage. By this token, "erin g'oke alo" means the elephant has climbed the uphill by the river.

Therefore, "Oke Alo" that the Yoruba refers to is "above the sea", or more aptly "offshore". That means the word "Oke Alo" is poetic for for the term "offshore" or above the river or sea in Yoruba. If that's true, then before now, we do not have clue as to this term. It is of no historic reckoning just a moment ago. Albeit, we just unraveled a lost meaning to a rarely used word.

The linguistic implication of this exercise is that, irrespective of time and space, "true cognates" can be established in two different languages, and this linguistic connection could help to assign a clearer interpretation to an archaic word with meaning lost to the fog of memory, space and time.

Medieval Inter-Cultural Connectivity Of The Atlantic Coasts

So, what does this lofty "semantic breakthrough" offer us in the meaning of the term in question, namely erigialo? Well, the word stands alone in the path of Ifa that I pluck it from, and morphological wise, erigi is tooth gum in Yoruba, alo is something curly, wavy or twisted in form. Then the combination erigialo beat me until etymological revelations unfolds.

Now given a word having similar sound with another word in a remote culture is a popular phenomena, but capable hands may find out there is something or nothing more to the similarity by cross checking the etymology of the words in question, not minding the usual cynicism from "scholars of least resistance" desperately conscious of premises and forte of limitations.

Investigation as this is scientific, at least a writer must be grounded, balanced, not submerged in the subconscious by inferiority complex or grandiose delusion and at least thorough enough as not to subject or append to egoistic, tribalistic or racial barrier or other hordes of biases of the present time. A writer is one who can see through such manipulations and still draw out his fact.

An African Amazon Reported

According to Greek tradition, there was an amazon known as Aegea, who came out of Libya to fight at Troy, but she lost her army at the sea. Note that this was given as (one of the) possible etymology of the term Aegea. This gives us something to ponder upon: did the Yoruba have any information about this African amazon in Greek tradition or the term agege was just a happenstance?

Agege is pronounced Aege by the Awori. Historically, Agege is said to have originated from Aige or Ayege, which means "world beauty". The modern version of this is what we have as "Yeye Oge" (beauty Queen) in Yoruba. However, the other variant Agege-proper is Yoruba and it leaps in from a-gege, as found in "eku agege" (rat-race). the dribbling movement of rat got it named "eku-agege" dribbling rat.

This fact (dribbling) is established in the understanding that "Age" is also Fon for rat, (agethepo) and Ege is a place name in Cotonou synonymous with the same idea educed in Agege, meaning both culture were familiar with the import of this term and its place in their old history. Perhaps, "the world's beauty" behind the ancient appellation "Aege" is the same amazon that the Greek refers to in their tradition of the etymology of the place called "Aegae" in their ancient homeland.

here's an excerpt from wiki

Etymology

In ancient times, there were various explanations for the name Aegean. It was said to have been named after the Greek town of Aegae; after Aegea, a queen of the Amazons who died in the sea; Aigaion, the "sea goat", another name of Briareus, one of the archaic Hecatonchires; or, especially among the Athenians, Aegeus, the father of Theseus, who drowned himself in the sea when he thought his son had died.

A possible etymology is a derivation from the Greek word αἶγες – aiges = "waves" (Hesychius of Alexandria; metaphorical use of αἴξ (aix) "goat"wink, hence "wavy sea", cf. also αἰγιαλός (aigialos = aiges (waves) + halos (sea)),[2] hence meaning "sea-shore".

The Venetians, who ruled many Greek islands in the High and Late Middle Ages, popularized the name Archipelago (Greek for "main sea" or "chief sea"wink, a name that held on in many European countries until the early modern period.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aegean_Sea

True cognates true friends

Erigialo (Yoruba) is identical with aigialos (Greek), the aigi (erigi) is "waves" of "alos" (alo), the sea. That said, whats the place of the Greek "aigialos" in the name of Ifa? This is an example of calque. Recall that Ifa is also known as Ifa Olokun. Therefore, Olokun is "pertaining to the sea" in Yoruba. That is the underlying idea that may have prompted the term "erigialo" as an ancient appellation.

This term was employed by an Ifa scribe who adopted "neighboring tongue" he's familiar with to say "Olokun!". The scribe used topographical resources in his entry, which simply implies that the Yoruba was once familiar with this place at the remotest time the verse was canonized into Ifa corpus. Erigialo derived from a scribe (awo) who favored a Mediterranean expression as his code-mixing.

Secondly, Aegea is place name that transfers its etymological features to aigialos. Other words like this exists in archaic Yoruba that agrees with its Hellenic counterpart, but lets limit ourselves to this two for now. Aegea, Agege (place names), Aigialos, Erigialo (coastal attributes): stunning ancient terms with semantic affinities. Like Semiramis, there was once an influential woman by this repute across both culture.

Aege, Another Reference To a Forgotten Amazon

Suffice to say words like this are proof that historical terms carries with them great meaning and historical files meant for modern antiquarians and enthusiasts alike. Cryptic words have been used to preserve history from time. "Agege" is to "dribble" as "aigi" is to "wave". Moreso, the tooth-gum (erigi) is wavy in nature and in a way that's in sync with demonstrative mannerism of Yoruba words.

Given a careful observation, note that the greek Aegea is named after an amazon from Africa who has come to fought at Troy. Libya is the farthest part in Africa known to the Hellenic world of that epoch (when this tradition impressed on time), and not Yorubaland. But the truth might be that the icon was the Yoruba matriarch afterall, the tradition was built around a trans-Atlantic empress.

The amazon did not make it to Troy, therefore, we do not know for a fact where the army truly originated from, either in Libya or the forest belt. Albeit, if there had been a Libyan amazon on to such a campaign, Hellenic/Libyan antique record would match. But there was no record from Libya antiquity to either match or establish the Libyan connection, hence there was no Libyan point of reference for this name.

The Yoruba Point Of Reference

Indeed the Yoruba have amazons who lost one or two things to the river or sea: Moremi was one. Her name equally means "child bought back breathe" or better still, "the child that crossed water". But the more probable entry is Erelu Ile. HAB Fashinro of blessed memory retell the Awori history in Igbe song of Lagos, and this expounds the glory of Akesan Nleri, omo agbebi omuwe, under another name, erelu ile.

Erelu ile lo se wa si,
iya onitannna,
to j'oye ka'lu d'owa,
k'oto wa je aromire ake.

There, we have matriarchs who has not been figured out. I recently stumbled on a book I was written about Ajibola, Yorubas forgotten matriarch as far back as 2013. The understanding I deduce from the research is that a whole lot of reproduction of identity is the bane of Yoruba tradition but a very smart researcher can navigate the mulky water and come forth with beautiful discoveries.

Aege, Ayege culminates to Aye. That's the name of the homeland that the Yoruba ancestors inherited from their forefathers who called Yorubaland, Oja. Till date, Oja is Ai in Fon, and in extension, "Aiongbe" is exactly what erigialo is semantically, its code-mixing, where aiongbe is Yoruba for "aye-oun-egbe 'e", but meaning "world" or "life" to the Fon, and "antiquity" to the Yoruba respectively.

Puzzles are meant to be solved, as a proof of human intellect. But no one can solve a puzzle beyond the limits of his intelligent quotient. You can't stretch beyond your elastic limits. While some will solve a given enigma, the hypnotists will create fresh problems as solution to a puzzle (to mask their lack of capabilities) thereby, exposing their ignorance.

Ifa does not reside in Igbodu, it is the commonwealth of the Yoruba, and its said to be "akoniloran bii'yekan eni": so, how would a system design to enlighten you end up confusing you? "Aigbofa laa woke, Ifa kan o si ni para." Ifa was invented at Ado by its first ruler, I am a male bloodline of the inventor and as such, no one deprive a son of the heritage of his father, no matter the numbers of the nonentities and their antics.

Of course the hypnotists always have their version for whatever one brings to fore from the forgotten . I expect a thread of confusion to vent burning anger and grandiose delusion as opposed to inferiority complex, brodoe. But I don't need validations from folks void of wisdom and null of ideas of the simplest Yoruba word to affirm even their own ideas other than the usual polemics and crass hypnotism.

Okiti gbangba lasa nta
eru o bejo,
eniti o t'ejo mole,
oluware l'ara nre.

Laranre o laranre.
E baa takiti, kee f'ori so'le,
baba ni baba nse.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by MetaPhysical: 4:00am On Apr 09, 2019
Absolutesuccess,
How are you brother?

Thanks for credits, no problem at all, thats w hy we are here to learn and share.

I read everything and in aegea I want to say somethimes a hard g becomes a soft j in pronounciation. I dont have much to submit on this infoshare other than to ask if ajeh could interchange or substitute aegea. Ajeh is a coastal Yoruba word (Awori, Ijebu, Ilaje) for paddle or boat rudder for navigating sea and waves.

Peace! grin

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 8:19pm On Apr 12, 2019
@absolutesuccess,
It is being a while and I hope you and your family are good.

On the ‘aege' name as having cognate with Ògè which has a meditterean origin may actually be a drift away of the levant word that the Yoruba were obviously acquainted with when they were once called I(U)bri-I(U)bhri-I(U)'vri-Hebrew. Perhaps, *Ebora*, was actually the Mediterranean name ofthe Yoruba's of today. Although, I know the meaning of *Ebora* - *Ubora* but since, it has no known cognate with any reconstructed word from the western-Hebrew related researchers,thus, I keep for now until I make my case in the international scene.

As far as this word is concern, I am familar with it because I have studied this word in the past and its Hebrew's version, which is actually spelt in the following as with her comparison with Yoruba's:

Hebrew: ge'ah
Phonetic: gay-aw
Meaning: pride,arrogant

Yoruba: ogè
Meaning: when a young lady in her prime age flaunt her beauty with dignity , arrogant

Igbo: oge
Meaning:time ×

Having this word's knowledge ,is to specifically say this that lot of words were shared during the era of Kemet's-Ethiopia's,Nubian'-Mediterranean in which Greek word ,Persian's,Latin-Roman's were used interchangeably by these occupiers of that fertile land.

Suffice I infer that English language,is the beneficiary of many Yoruba words in today's world through King James I of England which seem as if it is the other way round,when one find cognates among these two languages....

Cheers
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by absoluteSuccess: 4:26pm On Apr 14, 2019
MetaPhysical:
Absolutesuccess,
How are you brother?

Thanks for credits, no problem at all, thats w hy we are here to learn and share.

I read everything and in aegea I want to say sometimes a hard g becomes a soft j in pronounciation. I dont have much to submit on this infoshare other than to ask if ajeh could interchange or substitute aegea. Ajeh is a coastal Yoruba word (Awori, Ijebu, Ilaje) for paddle or boat rudder for navigating sea and waves.

Peace! grin

Yes baba, and that's why I said there were a lot of reproduction of terminologies in Yoruba tradition, where words meaning the same thing are coined to serve as synonym to the other one. That makes it very easy to establish the meaning and idea beyond reasonable doubts for some imponderable Yoruba words that one may one to interpret.

Thus, my technique is to pick two words with the same meaning to establish a point: archetype and feedback. which is archetype and which is feedback is another subject, but the Yoruba tongue varies slightly, and this affects how they pronounce certain words too.

Albeit, multiple entries shows that the event alluded to in historical terminologies and their etymologies happened and there were various reporters, some were scholars or scribes, while some were simple countrymen, hence we often have lay and poetic angles to a given term.

Aje-Aiye-ayi-ai.

Age (cutter) -Ake (cutter)

Ilajeh (having wealth) Ilashe - Ilaje.

Where Oduduwa temple was built at Ado is called Ilaje (having wealth) and the woman leader (mother superior) of the Oduduwa faithful at Ado is known as "Iya Alajeh". The festival of the temple is known as "Odun Alaje" by the natives. Aje is identical with Oduduwa.

Ka moju Aje koniso is a Yoruba word, but behind it is history: there was once a band of explorers selling their iso (ibuso) to Aje at the beginning of Yoruba history, Aje was a rich woman buying places in Yorubaland as "real (royal) estate". And the place bought were gazzetted as ile Aye afterwards.

No one else says "Ile ti mo wo, o dile owo", hence the history are checkered but ever-present.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by PeterKbaba: 8:05pm On Apr 14, 2019
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 7:47pm On Apr 17, 2019
Unexpectedly, BOT has become a problem for posting on NL,which is the reason we need the attention of the Moderators on this forum. I hope anyone who intend to post on this platform should follow this method that has helped me out despite my long typed messages which resulted into this problem. Perhaps, you should follow this instruction as follow:

1. Type your messages

2. While typing, make sure you are 98% to end your typing.

3. Then copy your typed messages.

4. Go back to the quoted messages or to the main post if you didn't quote anyone

5. Thereafter, go forth to the space meant for creating new thread and paste the 98% messages of yours.

6. Complete it up with your remaining 2% to make your messages 100% good to go!

7. Post it.

Cheers
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by 2prexios: 10:23am On Apr 22, 2019
hayoholla:

is "absolute success" your alternate moniker?

How do you do brov?

Happy Easter to you.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by 2prexios: 10:36am On Apr 22, 2019
Olu317:
Unexpectedly, BOT has become a problem for posting on NL,which is the reason we need the attention of the Moderators on this forum. I hope anyone who intend to post on this platform should follow this method that has helped me out despite my long typed messages which resulted into this problem. Perhaps, you should follow this instruction as follow:

1. Type your messages

2. While typing, make sure you are 98% to end your typing.

3. Then copy your typed messages.

4. Go back to the quoted messages or to the main post if you didn't quote anyone

5. Thereafter, go forth to the space meant for creating new thread and paste the 98% messages of yours.

6. Complete it up with your remaining 2% to make your messages 100% good to go!

7. Post it.

Cheers

Thanks bro.

I needed you to check my signature for more details on the #ebora. I've had a serious one with the antispam recently and I have to resort to the last option of using my signature to furnish you with the information you are looking for.

I believe the site hebrew nations .com /celts as Israelites will help you a lot for your angle. You can just type celts as Israelites into your search engine, then you will be amazed at the wealth of info as related to what we have shared here all along.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by 2prexios: 12:31pm On Apr 22, 2019
Just now, I used the same search query above on google and I found hordes of impressive information out there other than my first port of call. One of such is Mr. Steven M Collins' website on the topic. He (like we wanted to do) has two books on the topic already. I believe it would be a good read.

Now my interest is the psychoanalysis of the folks here who have no idea of their origin or a pint of knowledge on what we are talking about or good understanding of the very idea they ascribe to, but enmeshed in vain glory that evolution may ascribe to them for being African...

To them, being too "self conscious" to the extent that you see yourself as different race that could not have "devolve" from other race is not seen as inferiority complex but "science", meanwhile what is food for the goose is food for the gander, evolution argues for devolution.

When a black man become ardent believer in evolution and replaces every form of black history with this and garnishes the same with sentiments that debunk ancient historical connections, but praises biological or paleontological claims, this is inferiority complex hiding behind education. However, when the same set of people cannot make head or tail of simplest historical data, it becomes grandiose delusion.

I hope you read and understood my analytics on the post by ladionline? People who invent stories have no connection to the fact, its the fact of history that we should rather ponder upon rather than self conscious sciences. evolution antagonizes creation, but evolution trace back to devolution.

Epicure, who contends with the stoics told us that the world with her seas and mountains will equally devolve at some point in time (hence the saying "change is constant"wink, so if that change got us here, it is a continuum and you don't know its schedule because its greater than you. How then are we any stakeholder in a process in which we are a raw material?

So, why argue to protect ideas that you have no clue how it got us here for the complexity of materials at its disposal to wrought its purpose? just like Aristotle says, people believe a thing because a popular person has said it. The Source of all materials has purpose for creation, and its not haphazard or in disarray as the whole creation is in form and works beyond our imaginations.

Aristotle has said that lighter thing will fall to the ground faster than a heavier object. He was speaking from "the look of things", but Galeleo Galilei countered that physics that in absence of air resistance, thing will fall at the same time (based on acceleration due to gravity). Aristotle was oblivious of acceleration due to gravity, later to be discovered by Isaac Newton.

Socrates said it: "things are not always what they seems to be", and that we resemble apes does not mean we descended from the primates and its left to whoever buy into that theory to obey their teacher as e-so-be ("Apes Obey"wink. An idea based on "look of things" is indeed a theory. these are classical examples of how weak great thought can be.

There are things that you don't know you don't know you don't know whilst still thinking you know.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 1:03pm On Apr 22, 2019
2prexios:

Thanks bro.

I needed you to check my signature for more details on the #ebora. I've had a serious one with the antispam recently and I have to resort to the last option of using my signature to furnish you with the information you are looking for.

I believe the site hebrew nations .com /celts as Israelites will help you a lot for your angle. You can just type celts as Israelites into your search engine, then you will be amazed at the wealth of info as related to what we have shared here all along.

Complement of the season to you.
And I have seen it. Quite voluminous though I will go through it.

Thanks
Cheers
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by 2prexios: 8:23pm On Apr 22, 2019
Olu317:

Complement of the season to you.
And I have seen it. Quite voluminous though I will go through it.

Thanks
Cheers

It is indeed, you know if a prose is well written, you wont mind the volume and time to read it over and over. I like what that rabbi has done on the topic, no dogma all plain expository from start to finish. From it i've learnt alot too.

A fool has said here sometimes ago that there is no relationship between Iberia, Spain and Portugal, that Ibadan is from Iba (edge) of the savanna (Dan), I think that great fool also needed to read the info, not to learn as its impossible for him to do that but to keep quiet as he has been.

Now that bring us back to Odu Ifa Oturupondi that I shared sometimes ago:

Oturupondi yi eyin o pomo ire, eri bi Orunmila gbe soro bee si?

Nibi t'lologbon meji bati gbe nsoro, okolo ti'mbe nibe a d'ofo...

Adia fun atori rojojo tii s'eru akora ebora.

According to this piece, Ebora often had confrontations with people he come across in his itinerary life, such that they often waylay and assault him. Then he combined two to three and went to a seer for advice.

The seer asked Ebora to find a very tough cane that he would use in self defense any other time he has confrontations with the detractors. Once did, the notorious detractors were wary of confrontation with Ebora.

Ogbon nii segun, the cane referenced there implies wisdom, knowledge and understanding. May God bless us with mouth speaking great wisdom as he has promised, every trade in life has its "enemy of progress".

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 7:20pm On Apr 25, 2019
2prexios:

It is indeed, you know if a prose is well written, you wont mind the volume and time to read it over and over. I like what that rabbi has done on the topic, no dogma all plain expository from start to finish. From it i've learnt alot too.

A fool has said here sometimes ago that there is no relationship between Iberia, Spain and Portugal, that Ibadan is from Iba (edge) of the savanna (Dan), I think that great fool also needed to read the info, not to learn as its impossible for him to do that but to keep quiet as he has been.

Now that bring us back to Odu Ifa Oturupondi that I shared sometimes ago:

Oturupondi yi eyin o pomo ire, eri bi Orunmila gbe soro bee si?

Nibi t'lologbon meji bati gbe nsoro, okolo ti'mbe nibe a d'ofo...

Adia fun atori rojojo tii s'eru akora ebora.

According to this piece, Ebora often had confrontations with people he come across in his itinerary life, such that they often waylay and assault him. Then he combined two to three and went to a seer for advice.

The seer asked Ebora to find a very tough cane that he would use in self defense any other time he has confrontations with the detractors. Once did, the notorious detractors were wary of confrontation with Ebora.

Ogbon nii segun, the cane referenced there implies wisdom, knowledge and understanding. May God bless us with mouth speaking great wisdom as he has promised, every trade in life has its "enemy of progress".

My view on this Celt are as follows

1. I deduced the history of Celts across Northern Europe and environs, showed there were people around 300s BCE that moved from Middle East,with the named Ibri,Hiber or Eber,Ebora etc, which Plutarch connected the Hyperboreans with the Gauls who had sacked Rome in the 300s BCE. And these people have been identified with the Celts and Scandinavians.The early Greeks thus identified the northern peoples as Hyperboreans meaning Hebrews.

2. That they (or their Roman successors) also equated the Israelites with descendants of Cronus (Saturn) whom they said had been exiled from the Middle East and gone to live on one of the British Isles.
This legend reflects the Exile of the Ten Tribes of Israel who went to the west and a portion of whom from an early date did indeed settle in Britain. Unfortunately, these people only know the named ancestor as Iber,Hiber,Eber,Ebora,etc but don't know the meaning, until the defined meaning as pass over,migrants, nomadic people etc.

And from the odu Ifa that you based the narrative of ebora, as being victimised,could be termed to be an abnormal man, perhaps with skin discoloration(albinism),which the onifa/Olifa/adifa, advised him to brace up for the challenge by using a weapon to fight any man who look down on him with disgust and harassment, from wheresoever....

However, my submission is that Éba - Iba and Ibri,Hiber,Ebora may actually be words that grow out of the same root. While its meaning has been unable to deduce by some of the migrants party whose ancestors didn't have the opportunity to reveal the meaning as a probable reason beyond our immediate knowledge. In all of this,it is also same problem associated with yoruba of today whose original history is in obscurity. Even to have become embarrassment that the most respect king in the whole of Yoruba land can't even realise the gravity of making mistake is non forgivable in Yoruba Nation.

Cheers
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by 2prexios: 6:12pm On May 06, 2019
Olu317:

My view on this Celt are as follows

1. I deduced the history of Celts across Northern Europe and environs, showed there were people around 300s BCE that moved from Middle East,with the named Ibri,Hiber or Eber,Ebora etc, which Plutarch connected the Hyperboreans with the Gauls who had sacked Rome in the 300s BCE. And these people have been identified with the Celts and Scandinavians.The early Greeks thus identified the northern peoples as Hyperboreans meaning Hebrews.

2. That they (or their Roman successors) also equated the Israelites with descendants of Cronus (Saturn) whom they said had been exiled from the Middle East and gone to live on one of the British Isles.
This legend reflects the Exile of the Ten Tribes of Israel who went to the west and a portion of whom from an early date did indeed settle in Britain. Unfortunately, these people only know the named ancestor as Iber,Hiber,Eber,Ebora,etc but don't know the meaning, until the defined meaning as pass over,migrants, nomadic people etc.

Very accurate of you dear brother. You need not wonder how the claim of the rabbi parralels with that of the Yoruba. Remember where we are coming from, Iba Oluyole, who loaned the Yoruba eponymous name "Ibadan" the prefix "iba" from his ancestral name: a line of his orile says

Oluyole oluyowon Igbo,
Arododo pogolori esin,
irin wowo wi
ase buruku
se rere.

The second line is telling, as it is in harmony with what Iba means, "a rodo do", "ado odo", "a ri odo do si". "Arododo pogo lori esin" means "One who discovers and camp by the bank of the river, killer of the glorified horse rider".

That sentence is loaded with meaning, one is translation of Iba and the other, the oriki that Jacob gave to Dan as the serpent that bite the horse heel and the horserider fell. I think the Ilorin cavalry is an attestation to this fall.

Gen. 49:16-18.

I put the Ado as a reminder to the notion that our ancestors were seafarers and the bank of the river or coastland was often their target, hence we have the word Ibudo "that which has river (or bay)" as the word for "settlement" in Yoruba, such as we have in ido, tedo, adaludo.

And from the odu Ifa that you based the narrative of ebora, as being victimised,could be termed to be an abnormal man, perhaps with skin discoloration(albinism),which the onifa/Olifa/adifa, advised him to brace up for the challenge by using a weapon to fight any man who look down on him with disgust and harassment, from wheresoever....

However, my submission is that Éba - Iba and Ibri,Hiber,Ebora may actually be words that grow out of the same root. While its meaning has been unable to deduce by some of the migrants party whose ancestors didn't have the opportunity to reveal the meaning as a probable reason beyond our immediate knowledge.

In all of this,it is also same problem associated with yoruba of today whose original history is in obscurity. Even to have become embarrassment that the most respect king in the whole of Yoruba land can't even realise the gravity of making mistake is non forgivable in Yoruba Nation.

That is it, the Celts have something similar with the Yoruba past being explored here and though they were part of the larger "white population", they (the Celts) still have the distinct peculiarity that can be explored back to its root (based on ancient words that has survived) down some thousands years, instead of being lumped up into an "all inclusive" anglo-saxon historical tradition.

They were not seen as suffering from "inferiority complex" because of this claim, yet that's often the noise here because the mystery (science) of the birth of races beat the present limits of knowledge. it is not possible to unravel a knowledge that one cannot fathom.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 4:02pm On May 07, 2019
2prexios:

Very accurate of you dear brother. You need not wonder how the claim of the rabbi parralels with that of the Yoruba. Remember where we are coming from, Iba Oluyole, who loaned the Yoruba eponymous name "Ibadan" the prefix "iba" from his ancestral name: a line of his orile says

Oluyole oluyowon Igbo,
Arododo pogolori esin,
irin wowo wi
ase buruku
se rere.

The second line is telling, as it is in harmony with what Iba means, "a rodo do", "ado odo", "a ri odo do si". "Arododo pogo lori esin" means "One who discovers and camp by the bank of the river, killer of the glorified horse rider".

That sentence is loaded with meaning, one is translation of Iba and the other, the oriki that Jacob gave to Dan as the serpent that bite the horse heel and the horserider fell. I think the Ilorin cavalry is an attestation to this fall.

Gen. 49:16-18.

I put the Ado as a reminder to the notion that our ancestors were seafarers and the bank of the river or coastland was often their target, hence we have the word Ibudo "that which has river (or bay)" as the word for "settlement" in Yoruba, such as we have in ido, tedo, adaludo.

That is it, the Celts have something similar with the Yoruba past being explored here and though they were part of the larger "white population", they (the Celts) still have the distinct peculiarity that can be explored back to its root (based on ancient words that has survived) down some thousands years, instead of being lumped up into an "all inclusive" anglo-saxon historical tradition.

They were not seen as suffering from "inferiority complex" because of this claim, yet that's often the noise here because the mystery (science) of the birth of races beat the present limits of knowledge. it is not possible to unravel a knowledge that one cannot fathom.

This second line that says,“The second line is telling, as it is in harmony with what Iba means, "a rodo do", "ado odo", "a ri odo do si". "Arododo pogo lori esin" means "One who discovers and camp by the bank of the river, killer of the glorified horse rider".

There is something unique about Yoruba people and how they put so much attention to waters and rock-hill. The reason being that, there is a preference by yorubas to live around location, where water is easily accessible if war isn't threatening. And during war time, they seemed knowledgeable about surest location for defence,which is in between rocky hill for safety. This is what I connect with “Ado odo”, “ a ri Odo do si". In fact, Odo is even deeper in meaning than river or bank of river from my deduction but valley; a rocky area, where water and shelter is found,either for tranquillity or during war period. Plainly a place one can live or dwelling.

Furthermore, Yoruba call a valley environment Odo and same goes for river as Odo,which the two are used for defence and weapon to defeat enemies. Thus,eba odo, eba odan, Iba dan; simply means, camp by the rocky environment,where water can be accessed.Invariably a kind of a valley.

Interestingly, the ancient Hebrew have many words for same place as founded in Yoruba enclave and one such name in classic hebrew is called “Medor" which its meaning is as follows: dwelling, place, base, from my research, which connect more to the same word as Do-Tedo-Medo ; dwelling or settlement camp .

On a last note, Ebora is of Yoruba origin and its actual meaning has to do with discoloration of a particular Yoruba ancestor, who was mystical and different from amongst the people he once lived. In fact part of the panegyric of Oranfe is , Ebora Ti N Je Ewe Gbegbe.

*It took me time to retype this because the messages wiped out. Anyway, I hope you are good.

Cheers...
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by 2prexios: 9:02am On May 08, 2019
Olu317:

This second line that says,“The second line is telling, as it is in harmony with what Iba means, "a rodo do", "ado odo", "a ri odo do si". "Arododo pogo lori esin" means "One who discovers and camp by the bank of the river, killer of the glorified horse rider".

There is something unique about Yoruba people and how they put so much attention to waters and rock-hill. The reason being that, there is a preference by yorubas to live around location, where water is easily accessible if war isn't threatening. And during war time, they seemed knowledgeable about surest location for defence,which is in between rocky hill for safety. This is what I connect with “Ado odo”, “ a ri Odo do si". In fact, Odo is even deeper in meaning than river or bank of river from my deduction but valley; a rocky area, where water and shelter is found,either for tranquillity or during war period. Plainly a place one can live or dwelling.

Furthermore, Yoruba call a valley environment Odo and same goes for river as Odo,which the two are used for defence and weapon to defeat enemies. Thus,eba odo, eba odan, Iba dan; simply means, camp by the rocky environment,where water can be accessed.Invariably a kind of a valley.

Interestingly, the ancient Hebrew have many words for same place as founded in Yoruba enclave and one such name in classic hebrew is called “Medor" which its meaning is as follows: dwelling, place, base, from my research, which connect more to the same word as Do-Tedo-Medo ; dwelling or settlement camp .

On a last note, Ebora is of Yoruba origin and its actual meaning has to do with discoloration of a particular Yoruba ancestors, who was mystical and different from amongst the people he once lived. In fact part of the panegyric of Oranfe is , Ebora Ti N Je Ewe Gbegbe.

*It took me time to retype this because the messages wiped out. Anyway, I hope you are good.

Cheers...

I'm good bro,

you made some interesting points up there, God bless your wit.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Shila16: 3:39am On May 09, 2019
absoluteSuccess:
Do you see something is wrong with such claims?

Thank God you acknowledge my capacity for long epistle: I can produce volumes of incredible works on a given topic in my field of experience, but how about you and scanty points? You will ever wait unto people to learn and have nothing tangible to offer once no one produce any masterpiece in the academia for you.

Not at all, a diligent man is supposed to share his findings with kings, not mean men. I'm a christian, and the bible says, 'Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Since you have been hunting for claims trailing me, had I ever earn one good compliment from you? I'm not good enough for you because there is no good in you to offer anyone than mudfight. Only swines does that.

No, as early as 2007, I've been writing and self-publishing books in my 20s. My first book was produced 2007 and my second title was on Yoruba, 'Yorubas Glorious Secrets' (2009). But I only discover as a young writer in a country of people who do not really fancy reading that much, I must create alternative source to survive. I'd want to survive as an author or publisher.

At a spot in Ikeja in 2007 I was selling my book and a man made a comment, 'aa saa jeun' meaning, 'we must eat' I felt terribly bad to think that all I'm doing was reduced to a mussel of bread by a stranger. There are people whose utmost idea of whatever you might be doing is trash, they have no excellence in them, so they can't see how what you are doing is of any excellence.

Out there, they think you are doing it for piecemeal, here they think you don't have the right to do this or do that: it is left to you to choose if your passion is their passion or their passion is your passion. Albeit, their passion is to stop you from actualizing what you have passion for. When you quit, you actualize their passion, they succeeded in making you quit. Well, don't give up.

But to late Prof. Akinwunmi Ishola, he said he has been reading Yoruba history in the past but none has been written in my style. I said sir, is it a good work? and he said, 'yes, very well'. He has excellence, so your aspiration to something excellent cannot be a threat to him. Well, that's not an achievement to me, it simply means I have a unique contribution to make to the body corpus of knowledge.

The word hebrew transliterate to iberu, or Eberu in Yoruba: If you have a sense of history, I'll remind you of Ojo-'beru, its the name of an icon in Yoruba that may be an hebrew. He is so called because he is fearless. Hebrew means eberu and its the word for courageous or fearlessness in Yoruba. iberu is the dread, and the dread is on you.

If you have a product and you don't know your target audience, that product has already failed. Never mind, you have no product, so you have nothing to lose. Plato started the academia and wrote the republic and other works, his students became philosophers and today philosophy is a branch of knowledge in the university. Plato was originally a student of Socrates. Both were not products of any university.

When you have valid knowledge or contributions that can add value or new insight to human development in any sphere of life, patent it and keep the copyright. The University will come to learn from you. That's how its suppose to be. But if you have no clue as to why you are here, the University will teach you what you can do to add meaningful contributions to further human development.

When you produce a good work, launch it, and your readers will become great teachers and recommend your contributions to the ministry of education, and you might be awarded a doctorate degree, honorary caucus. I'm joking, work and improve on your job, many have no content but context, but only few have both content and context. When you do, create a platform to embrace your idea and the academia may take note of your contribution if need be. You are serving humanity, not the academy.

Take away is, there are people that goes to the university, and there are people that the university goes to, hence the university is a school to fan the embers of knowledge in custody of man, not where human knowledge is reduced to trash.

I want to hope you are learning?

Mr man you are talking trash, we Yoruba have no correlation whatsoever with the Hebrews

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (97) (Reply)

Post your photos of Igbo village houses here / How To Say "I Love You" In The Various Nigerian Languages / Teach Me Naija Slang Please

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 250
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.