Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,619 members, 7,816,543 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 - Travel (336) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (807223 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) ... (388) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by meetme01: 6:50am On Oct 10, 2022
bellong:

You cannot apply for an occupation you have not been assessed for. If you assessed for a welfare/community worker, then your EOI must be in that occupation.

Meanwhile, the occupation you get visa with does not limit the kind of jobs you can do when you are in the country. You can work as a social worker if you can sell yourself.

In the meantime, I will advice that you to consider your options properly and assess for occupation that will get you ITA faster.

Thank you much Oga bellong. Appreciate
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by sumynnad(m): 2:20pm On Oct 10, 2022
Good afternoon house,

So I've been gathering my document for vetassess skill assessment. My question is this. Out of my 4 years relevant work experience, if I'm able to get reference letter for 1 year as a Transport Manager in my current organization, will this be enough to give me positive assessment for my nominated occupation - Transport Company Manager?

N.B - I joined the company a year ago and I perform high level task with people reporting to me but my job title is not Transport Manager however, I can speak with my General Manager to sign my reference letter as Transport Manager.

Thanks for your response.
tunlex01:

1. No you are not. Transport company manager means you are managing a transport company not managing transportations.

2. it's level 2. It's stated on anzscosearch website.

3. For Vetassess, that may be enough but not for DHA.

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Ennychoc019: 1:21am On Oct 11, 2022
Hello Everyone,

Please,I really need your input

Sex : Female
Education Background: B.sc Mass Communication from Olabisi Onabanjo University 2015
Post Graduate Diploma in Education (English Method Specialization) National Open University of Nigeria 2021

Occupation : Secondary School Teacher (English) between December 2016 - June 2020 (NTEACH NPOWER) ; Tax Free
October 2020 - Present ; Teaching English also Tax free

I have all documents except IELTS (writing in December) to apply for my skill assessment with AITSL but my fears are ; (1) Hope my assessment won't be rejected because my first degree is not related to education ; (2) Both jobs are tax free which means I have no way to provide tax paper although AITSL doesn't need it but don't know if any state would demand for it after lodging my EOI ; and lastly Is it true that my work experience before I obtained the PGDE won't count for me?.

Thank you so much
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Melo101: 1:48am On Oct 11, 2022
I’m a graduate of English. Plus a PGD in mass communications. I just want to know the process in applying for the 491 visa .
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by felixzo1(m): 4:36am On Oct 11, 2022
Ennychoc019:
Hello Everyone,

Please,I really need your input

Sex : Female
Education Background: B.sc Mass Communication from Olabisi Onabanjo University 2015
Post Graduate Diploma in Education (English Method Specialization) National Open University of Nigeria 2021

Occupation : Secondary School Teacher (English) between December 2016 - June 2020 (NTEACH NPOWER) ; Tax Free
October 2020 - Present ; Teaching English also Tax free

I have all documents except IELTS (writing in December) to apply for my skill assessment with AITSL but my fears are ; (1) Hope my assessment won't be rejected because my first degree is not related to education ; (2) Both jobs are tax free which means I have no way to provide tax paper although AITSL doesn't need it but don't know if any state would demand for it after lodging my EOI ; and lastly Is it true that my work experience before I obtained the PGDE won't count for me?.

Thank you so much
if you are not claiming work experience points you will not have any issues, AITSL requires teaching practice and not work experience as with other bodies, your work experience before you pgde does not count. NSw accepts secondary schools teacher's at 70 points for 190 and 85 for 491 visas, with zero experience required, Queensland visa 491 @ 65 points with no experience required

2 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by blackbriar: 4:45am On Oct 11, 2022
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Ennychoc019: 7:58am On Oct 11, 2022
felixzo1:
if you are not claiming work experience points you will not have any issues, AITSL requires teaching practice and not work experience as with other bodies, your work experience before you pgde does not count. NSw accepts secondary schools teacher's at 70 points for 190 and 85 for 491 visas, with zero experience required, Queensland visa 491 @ 65 points with no experience required

Thank you so much boss.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by kontrieman: 2:11pm On Oct 11, 2022
bellong:

When you request for your transcript from exams and records, give them a photocopy of your certificate. They will stamp this photocopy with OAU stamp and note copy of the original on it. This stamped copy will be included in your transcript when posting.
Thank you Oga Bellong. You are a genius

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Melo101: 9:08pm On Oct 11, 2022
I’m yet to get ITA as I’ve not started the process. I just want to understand the step by step process. I’m an English graduate and I’ve been doing customer care jobs. How ever I want to apply as a chef. Can that suffice? Kindly assist guys ��
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 1:56am On Oct 12, 2022
Melo101:
I’m yet to get ITA as I’ve not started the process. I just want to understand the step by step process. I’m an English graduate and I’ve been doing customer care jobs. How ever I want to apply as a chef. Can that suffice? Kindly assist guys ��

Your first step is to read the thread.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nickelodeon93: 4:36am On Oct 12, 2022
Good morning all please I tired to book IELTS life skills test but I am only seeing Abuja and Lagos and location… I am based in the east for now, so I want to write it here , what do I do ?

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Melo101: 6:19am On Oct 12, 2022
Thank you for you response. There something not so clear to me. After going through https://www.anzscosearch.com/ and searching the dull to be assessed on I came across 149212 customer service manger. I read English and did a pgd in mass communications. Can I be assessed for a customer service manager for 491 visa? Kindly advice guys.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by sumynnad(m): 2:58pm On Oct 12, 2022
Good afternoon everyone,

I really someone can help answer my question below.

Thanks.
sumynnad:
Good afternoon house,

So I've been gathering my document for vetassess skill assessment. My question is this. Out of my 4 years relevant work experience, if I'm able to get reference letter for 1 year as a Transport Manager in my current organization, will this be enough to give me positive assessment for my nominated occupation - Transport Company Manager?

N.B - I joined the company a year ago and I perform high level task with people reporting to me but my job title is not Transport Manager however, I can speak with my General Manager to sign my reference letter as Transport Manager.

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Ennychoc019: 3:35pm On Oct 12, 2022
felixzo1:

Thank you boss but I will also like to ask if the compulsory 45 days Teaching Practice includes Saturdays and Sundays?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by felixzo1(m): 7:59pm On Oct 12, 2022
Ennychoc019:

Thank you boss but I will also like to ask if the compulsory 45 days Teaching Practice includes Saturdays and Sundays?
I believe it should be working days
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Hilderbrand: 8:35am On Oct 13, 2022
sumynnad:
Good afternoon everyone,

I really someone can help answer my question below.

Thanks.

I don't think it will fly. You need proof of 3 years working experience.

https://www.abs.gov.au/statistics/classifications/anzsco-australian-and-new-zealand-standard-classification-occupations/2021/browse-classification/1/14/149/1494
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 9:04am On Oct 13, 2022
sumynnad:
Good afternoon house,

You are not getting me.
For Vetassess, if you assess for a managerial role, every other year you are not a manager is not added to the calculation of a positive assessment. For example, if you are a sales officer for 4 years and sales manager for 1 year, if you assess as a sales manager, only one year will be reviewed by the assessor.

None of us is an assessor so we can't categorically tell you if it will be positive or not. Please check the information sheet on Vetassess website.
Transport manager is different from Transport Company Manager
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 9:08am On Oct 13, 2022
Melo101:
Thank you for you response. There something not so clear to me. After going through https://www.anzscosearch.com/ and searching the dull to be assessed on I came across 149212 customer service manger. I read English and did a pgd in mass communications. Can I be assessed for a customer service manager for 491 visa? Kindly advice guys.

You have not read the thread which is why the information you are providing cannot help us give you a response.
Take your time and read at least 50 pages back to have an understanding of the process and details required
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by sumynnad(m): 5:45pm On Oct 13, 2022
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by sumynnad(m): 5:47pm On Oct 13, 2022
Alright, well noted.
tunlex01:

You are not getting me.
For Vetassess, if you assess for a managerial role, every other year you are not a manager is not added to the calculation of a positive assessment. For example, if you are a sales officer for 4 years and sales manager for 1 year, if you assess as a sales manager, only one year will be reviewed by the assessor.

None of us is an assessor so we can't categorically tell you if it will be positive or not. Please check the information sheet on Vetassess website.
Transport manager is different from Transport Company Manager
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by derommyvent: 8:54am On Oct 14, 2022
Good morning All,

Please I want to enquire if it's only the main applicant that will get a PCC or also with the spouse.
I don't mind if anyone has a contact there. Thanks.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by donforeign: 10:52am On Oct 14, 2022
When applying for Australia visa and one of the criteria is employment letter , does the size of the of the company or presence online really matter? I wanted to use a coking gas plant that belongs to my friend or just type use any random employment letter, the agent said it won't fly. How true is that?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 5:19pm On Oct 14, 2022
derommyvent:
Good morning All,

Please I want to enquire if it's only the main applicant that will get a PCC or also with the spouse.
I don't mind if anyone has a contact there. Thanks.

Anyone above 17 years in your application needs to get a PCC for every location you have lived over 12 months
https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/meeting-our-requirements/character
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Saynoomore: 10:43pm On Oct 14, 2022
For those who have received ITA and submitted required documents, Please how true is it that, Police Clearance/Character Certificate is required for every country you have visited in the past ten (10) years? Is this irespective of the duration of visit? e.g if I visited for only 2 weeks would I be required to present a PCC? grin

I don go South Korea o! I wonder where to start from in getting their PCC! undecided
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by derommyvent: 12:06pm On Oct 15, 2022

tunlex01:

Anyone above 17 years in your application needs to get a PCC for every location you have lived over 12 months
https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/meeting-our-requirements/character
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by derommyvent: 5:32pm On Oct 15, 2022
Good evening All,
Please can my visa fee payment be made on my behalf by my cousin in America. I hope it won't it be a problem, as in raise red flag. Thanks in advance.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 7:10pm On Oct 15, 2022
Saynoomore:
For those who have received ITA and submitted required documents, Please how true is it that, Police Clearance/Character Certificate is required for every country you have visited in the past ten (10) years? Is this irespective of the duration of visit? e.g if I visited for only 2 weeks would I be required to present a PCC? grin

I don go South Korea o! I wonder where to start from in getting their PCC! undecided
No, only if you lived for 12 months

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 7:11pm On Oct 15, 2022
derommyvent:
Good evening All,
Please can my visa fee payment be made on my behalf by my cousin in America. I hope it won't it be a problem, as in raise red flag. Thanks in advance.
No it’s not.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 7:11pm On Oct 15, 2022
falax2016b:
Is this a miracle, over 2million visas processed in 3months

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQaY72A0eXk
No it’s not. They employed over 300 staff to clear the backlog

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by felixzo1(m): 7:32pm On Oct 15, 2022
tunlex01:
No it’s not. They employed over 300 staff to clear the backlog
wow
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by derommyvent: 7:47pm On Oct 15, 2022
Thanks so much, I really appreciate your quick and timely response.

tunlex01:

No it’s not.

(1) (2) (3) ... (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) ... (388) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6

Viewing this topic: Flames000(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.