Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? (35072 Views)

I Think I Am Loving My Male Best Friend / A Newly Married Lady With Her Male Best Friend / Guess What My Male Best Friends Got For Me Has My Birthday Gift!!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by Ifakiland(m): 2:58pm On Jul 26, 2018
as a married man, your should take u as her bestie....my wife can't even try dat, male bestie wen I'm alive, her fada for this world wey we dey??

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by hinabutt: 3:02pm On Jul 26, 2018
Gabrie300:
Hello Guys my name is Gabriel Johnson, Am 31 years. I have been married to my wife whom is 29 years for the past 7 years.. We are blessed with two kids.

But the thing is that, I see her chats with a Guy she knew 2 years ago. My wife says the Guy is her best friend nothing else.

Though I have not seen anything related to sex or that, but I don't feel comfortable with her chatting with this Particular Guy all the time. She claims the guy is married and I am not interested to know. All I want is for my Wife to cut him off. She's married for Christ sake.

Please narialanders help me with advice.

Am already loosing it.

It is absolutely okay. Why do think it is not normal? Don't be so uptight smiley Hope you understand my point. beautiful quotes in urdu
Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by Saff(f): 3:02pm On Jul 26, 2018
zicoraads:

Really? This is new to me. Who is that? cheesy
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by zicoraads: 3:17pm On Jul 26, 2018
Saff:
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
I never pegged you for a scaredy cat. tongue
Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by Saff(f): 3:19pm On Jul 26, 2018
zicoraads:

I never pegged you for a scaredy cat. tongue
I told you yesterday that I’m a changed woman.
Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by zicoraads: 3:24pm On Jul 26, 2018
Saff:
I told you yesterday that I’m a changed woman.
That's a shame. Who would have thought?!
Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by Saff(f): 3:26pm On Jul 26, 2018
zicoraads:

That's a shame. Who would have thought?!
So you prefer the old safiaa cheesy cheesy

This is a first.
Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by zicoraads: 3:42pm On Jul 26, 2018
Saff:
So you prefer the old safiaa cheesy cheesy

This is a first.
Tbh, I never even took any note of an old Safiaa. I know I saw that moniker a few times, but I even assumed this was another person. My comment was just in reference to the fact that your 'changed' nature can lead you to not mention anyone's name.
Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by Trottle: 3:43pm On Jul 26, 2018
Jiang:

Married women are not supposed to have male friends talkless of male best friends, even if they are childhood best friends after she don marry him supposed to back off, demoted to a acquaintance. Put an end to it now before it leads to infidelity.

P.S from what you typed the infidelity bar is at 60%, it can jump to a 100% momentarily

boss, your point is ON POINT!

He may possibly be one of those "I trust my wife", "I'm not possessive" kind of guy.

There's nothing like "opposite sex" friend. Why on earth should a (married) woman have friends of the opposite sex? To be hanging out, chatting casually or what?! What are you there for? Not father, son, brother but another man? OP BE KIAFUL O! What nonsense? That's very disrespectful to you as her spouse! (NB: I'm not talking about work colleagues or Business associates. Even that too should be in a defined boundary).

Anyways you've learnt your lesson. Put your foot down and end the nonsense once and for all. Don't listen to all the new age trash talk of "you're insecure", "your jealous" and all other craps that abound. Civilization changes, but Human nature (biology and physiology makeup) will always be the same.

Only family friends should be allowed, and if a male, let him have your number ONLY and send his greetings through you and vice versa. Chat and all should follow that line.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by itsmeurLady(f): 4:22pm On Jul 26, 2018
You should be her best friend, not anyone else. What's wrong with people these days? What's wrong with your wife? She wasn't even afraid to admit she had a best friend that is not you? Where is this coming from? Or is she not Nigerian? You are a good Man, don't let her change you, just let her be and get a female best friend, u can fake one just because u want to save your marriage, then observe her reaction. If she is jealous, u guys can then talk about it but if she is not, know that your wife never cared in the first place, she just wanted to be a WIFE. All the Best!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by consultancy: 6:50pm On Jul 26, 2018

Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by jixasi(m): 7:02pm On Jul 26, 2018
i brokeup with my girlfriend that had a male bestfriend.... u no fit give ant sugar to keep.... if we cant be best friend then we cant date not to talk of marriage...
Gabrie300:
Hello Guys my name is Gabriel Johnson, Am 31 years. I have been married to my wife whom is 29 years for the past 7 years.. We are blessed with two kids.

But the thing is that, I see her chats with a Guy she knew 2 years ago. My wife says the Guy is her best friend nothing else.

Though I have not seen anything related to sex or that, but I don't feel comfortable with her chatting with this Particular Guy all the time. She claims the guy is married and I am not interested to know. All I want is for my Wife to cut him off. She's married for Christ sake.

Am already loosing it.
Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by hope4life: 7:16pm On Jul 26, 2018
VictorRomanov:
That's emotional infidelity - the beginning of the actual infidelity.

You nailed it on the head.You've said it all.

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by Tomoyayi(m): 7:43pm On Jul 26, 2018
Ab025:
I don't think it is bad for your wife to have a friend.

The only problem i have is her calling another man her bestfriend, you should be her bestfriend ......not another man.

Something is wrong somewhere....

You can imagine a guy she met 2 years ago. embarassed
Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by Krossbow123: 8:33pm On Jul 26, 2018
Bros, stop it now while u can before she tells you tomorrow "it's the devil " or he forced himself on me
Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by mikaael(m): 9:20pm On Jul 26, 2018
mibrims:
you have been married for 7rs and ur wife has a Besti of 2yrs old?...pls don’t be a weaklin, if the said bestie was older dan ur marriage then it’s worth letting dem be buh..:: pls if ur story is true!! Be a man and confront ur wife or is she the bread winner?

From that angle....I support I totally
Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by mikaael(m): 9:20pm On Jul 26, 2018
mibrims:
you have been married for 7rs and ur wife has a Besti of 2yrs old?...pls don’t be a weaklin, if the said bestie was older dan ur marriage then it’s worth letting dem be buh..:: pls if ur story is true!! Be a man and confront ur wife or is she the bread winner?

From that angle....I support u totally
Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by Adedoks(m): 10:21pm On Jul 26, 2018
Seenyo:
count yourself lucky IF you ain't fathering bastards!

one of my many experiences, a happily MARRIED woman once told me her husband is the next best thing after Jesus but guess what?....just 2 days later, same lady stripped STARK UNCLAD before me! yet we were not having any sexual convo! it took more than grace for me to resist those pair of super perky tits even after dropping 2 kids!
few singles can boast of such!

after women, fear women.
A STITCH IN TIME SAVES NINE!
please tell us the full story. A man you truly are.
Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by daddyfreeman1(m): 11:40pm On Jul 26, 2018
my brother something fishy is going on ooo.a wife don't suppose to call another man her best friend except the husband,my brother check well if possible tell her that you are not comfortable with the way she always chat with the guy,a married woman dont suppose to have a male friend outside his husband,........
Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by Triiipjnr(m): 12:12am On Jul 27, 2018
Not right bro.temptation ain't far. what,why will she have a male best after marriage.4 me nah!
Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by openmine(m): 9:37am On Jul 27, 2018
aorseer:
Man and married woman CANNOT be friends

Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by openmine(m): 4:27pm On Jul 29, 2018
bezimo:
Heaven knows I won't tolerate that rubbish.. a woman I married saying one man is her best friend..like is she mad or stupid.....or under a spell or what..If she do anyhow on that matter. I will just inform her people and tell them everything and send back to her father's so she can marry the male best friend.

Some of these girls that have male besties..are never loyal.. that's how I discharged one girl like that..she explain tire..that no he has a girlfriend..i said get lost..

And guys too..should learn to respect boundaries..you know say girl don marry..you still dey chat her up for night and call her unto parly/friend things... still dey form..we-we..very stupid set of folks..Respect and give her big space to face her husband and family.
As in ehh.....some guys no just get shame!

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by jesmond3945: 7:45am On Nov 11, 2019
Academicwizman:
My best judgement is that your wife is emotionally attached to the guy. It may also be a ploy to get you 'positively jealous'; perhaps, you never created time for her. In either case, do not toy with a woman's emotion. It can make her hate you for life.

Solution: Also pretend to have a 'female best friend'. Be so excited about it telling her that her own best friend is a learner when it comes to chatting. You must pretend to be really excited about this. Do this several times and watch her reactions.

She will most likely feel remorse and work out a solution (of course, that both of you should stay off 'opposite sex' best friends). When she does that, do not immediately agree until she practically begs for it, then reach a resolution .

If your wife does not bulge after this, then she may not really value her marriage to you (or you are not dramatic enough). Unless she is a type that habitually doesn't care (in that case, you would have known her for that) having been together for 7 years (excluding courtship period).

Whatever the case, do not forcefully stop her from conversing with the guy. If you do, it is a recipe for disaster in your home. Gracia!

Warning: if you cannot be 'excitedly pretentious', then don't try this solution because it may leave you more emotionally shattered if your wife gets a hint that you are faking it. Make it 'real' men.
Clue on strategy:
- Ignore her chats with her male best friend. Show that you no longer care
- If you are the type that leave your phone unlocked, now put a password
- Treat your wife better than you used to do, perhaps with small gifts that will not affect your financial plan
- While with your phone, sometimes withdraw into seclusion to press your phone (maybe playing games but pretend to be chatting).
- When you see her approaching, carefully put the phone in your pocket, as if you are hiding it. Attend to her naturally, be nice to her.
-This is the first phase, do this and let's see what happens. If this doesn't seem to move her, then we move to the next stage.
The goal of this strategy is to find mutual solution which she must initiate.
bad advise
Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by jesmond3945: 8:04am On Nov 11, 2019
crunchyg:

The solution is, let your wife introduce you yo this best friend, know him and let him know you and know his own wife also by that the relationship is no longer between your wife and the man but it becomes a family friend things by doing that, it reduces any chance of indulging in any silly act. By the way her best friends friend and his family should be your own friends too
thats even the worst. the guy would now have an easier way to bang her.

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by jesmond3945: 8:11am On Nov 11, 2019
EkoErrands:

She's 29 and you married for 7 years.....meaning she married you when she was 22. My brother at that 22 she is still unstable emotionally bro! Infact you married a teenager and having a best friend is part of their qualification.

Now back to the problem! Pls Dont get your own best friend o! That will be aproval for do me I do you to start. And my brother na you e go pain pass because na women carry the main valuable thing between their legs so Dont give her opportunity to start a competition with it.

In my opinion I will advice you take the mans number from her phone and give him a call. And be nice about it. Talk to him respectfully and maturely. Tell him you are very concerned about his chats with your wife and what concerns you the most is she calls him her best friend. And remind him that from the look of things if you and your wife have a fight it means he's the one she would run to. Tell him his relationship with your wife is affecting your marriage and he should put and end to it.

Now the Conclusion:

If he tells your wife that you called him and your wife asks you about it or confronts you about it...then probably they are just friends and you "may" have nothing to worry about.

But if he tells your wife and your wife changes routine or attitude but never asks you about it and never confronts you...hnmn my brother they are either doing bicycle style or they will do it once the chance presents itself. What you have to look for here is the CHANGE in normal routine or attitude from your wife days after you spoke to the man.

But you can never be too sure when it concerns a woman. My final advice to you is to be calm and manage your relationship with your wife until she is above 30. That's when you will enjoy a woman. All these women in their twenties are like lolipop looking for attention even if it's from a pet.

if they are having sex she would even confront her husband if the bestie called her
Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by Aadeyinka(m): 8:40am On Nov 23, 2019
Gabrie300:

Am already loosing it.
Since u have married her ,you supposed to be her male best friend, any others not allow, not good, else still want to flirt ,she is married now ,No is No, not good is not good ,
Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by Trimque2k1(m): 11:20am On Nov 23, 2019
Ab025:
I don't think it is bad for your wife to have a friend.

The only problem i have is her calling another man her bestfriend, you should be her bestfriend ......not another man.

Something is wrong somewhere....
I broke up with my ex d day she told me that another nigga was her best friend...I later got to know d dude was asking her out,and started showing care but my ex didn't bother to tell me d truth. Now they're not together nd me doing well with another babe who now see me as her best friend.
Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by Jokerman(m): 11:33am On Nov 23, 2019
Trimque2k1:
I broke up with my ex d day she told me that another nigga was her best friend...I later got to know d dude was asking her out,and started showing care but my ex didn't bother to tell me d truth. Now they're not together nd me doing well with another babe who now see me as her best friend.

I love this... No time for foolish girls

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by Trimque2k1(m): 11:35am On Nov 23, 2019
Jokerman:

I love this... No time for foolish girls
Exactly
Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by Chriscent50b(m): 5:20pm On Jun 21, 2022
Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by Chriscent50b(m): 5:24pm On Jun 21, 2022
Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by Gee64: 7:03pm On Jun 21, 2022
Before a married woman starts calling another man her bestie, you should know that he must have gone really deep into her heart and very soon, kpekus. grin

My friend, my best advice for you now is that you make her stop that relationship. She has a soft spot for him and soon, that's if he hasn't done that yet, he may start digging deep into that her soft spot! grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

5 Bad Habits Nigeria Ladies Find Hard To Leave / Pastor Kaycee Proposes To His Girlfriend At The Cinema In Warri (Photos) / My Boyfriend Has A Female Bestie...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.