Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,135 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? (33365 Views)

10 Important Things You Should Know About A Platonic Relationship / 7 Nigerian Women On Platonic Friendships With Men / What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by hotwax: 4:38pm On Aug 17, 2018
pcguru1:

I didn't get the survey o, how did you reach 90% ? You're those type of guys that paint all men to be thirsty, and its not every girl we want to fvck some of us recognize that friendship is okay, I have female friends I've never thought about fvcking not one day.

100 - 90=10

Consider the 10%
Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by Seunnzy(m): 4:38pm On Aug 17, 2018
AmiciLord:
Karma don travel since my guy. Let's not wait for karma instead we should learn to do unto others what we would want others to do into us. With this you will learn to stay off married women or other people's girlfriends.

Abi na
Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Aug 17, 2018
Na clap person dey take enter dance. The robbers you see today never believed they will end up becoming robbers. The more time u spend with someone the more u get attached to that person physically and emotionally.

Just be careful.

ImaIma1:

They might not respect marriage but i do.

Besides, i don't just have any kind of twisted person as my friend and it takes me nothing to drop a friend if we don't fit.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by Seunnzy(m): 4:41pm On Aug 17, 2018
hotwax:

I no publish my house address na.
Yhu knw say karma sabi everybody's address
Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by hotwax: 4:41pm On Aug 17, 2018
Seunnzy:

Yhu knw say karma sabi everybody's address

No be my own house
Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by robinsonmfon(m): 4:42pm On Aug 17, 2018
Sniper4real:
If A girl dey my Bleep list, even if she's married. I'll still be pushing hard to Bleep o
will you be given an award after bleeping?
Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by StankovicEgeni(m): 4:44pm On Aug 17, 2018
Mortal Cries by Egeni Stanley ( A Novel)
Mortal Cries
CHAPTER ONE
‘ The day seems to pace !’,he whimpered after checking his watch as he drove away from the bank where he’d used the automated teller machine (ATM) for a transaction on the sunny Friday afternoon . He drove in a light green Toyota Camry muscle with registration number: C-C-C-O-5-1-F-E. The road was free of traffic jam so he drove expressly and maintained 80km/hr. He changed gear and checked his watch again. He turned left into a broad road and steered through the smooth path. Suddenly, his driving got reckless. He ignored the road signs and warnings, driving speedily through the narrow paths and numerous sharp curves. He overtook a corolla sport which was ahead at a high speed. He honked aloud in the process and hurtled past it, cutting in abruptly in front of another .Right ahead was a truck parked by the road side which he almost clipped. Quickly, he slammed the break and swerved to avoid hitting it. His car skidded slightly but he regained control of it. He kept driving, almost bumping into cars and traffic lights. He handled the steering as though he’d just escaped assassination. He drove into a pothole and was shaken up with his friends who were also in the car with him. They hurled forward. He fought hard to control the steering wheel. He sighted a confluence of potholes two meters ahead. He tried to dodge but bashed into a car at the other lane. He dashed his head against the steering as they all jostled.
‘OMG! are you alright ? you ok ?’ Fredrick Tontopet inquired out of fear.
He wasn’t putting on the seat belt. He struggled to lay hold on one of the car fixtures.
‘I tried to figure out your manner of driving since we left the bank. What came over you?’
Fredrick asked again. After some minutes of hesitation, as he was going to explain, the front glass of the car crashed to pieces. He looked up, it was the guy whose car he’d bashed. He was oblivious to the level of damage he’d wrecked on it. He charged out, fuming toward him.
‘You are a bastard!’. he cursed and went after him in an attempt to fight. Readily, the guy grabbed a spanner and was going to attack.
‘Hold it!... stop’ Fred and the other guys hurried out of the car and went in between them. He tried to force his way through. He couldn’t reach him. The guy ranted and disappeared from the scene.
‘Why would you fight him? You caused it after all.’ Frank said.
‘Let’s get outta here and stop these accusations’ Kenneth pleaded.
He was led away from the scene to where the car was. After they entered, he started the car, stretching his neck to watch out if any car was coming. He turned and drove off. The pace at which he drove was considerably ok.
‘Tell me, what informed the whole drama?’ Kenneth inquired. He paused.
He didn’t reply immediately. It appeared he was in some moody introspection. After a short while, he replied.
‘Frank hasn’t sent the money. It gets me worried’
‘Really? are you serious ?’ Fred asked. ‘You mean he hasn’t sent the over 60,000 pounds?’
He added. He was somewhat pissed by the question.
‘What kinda sick question is that! We were at the bank a while ago. Didn’t you notice I couldn’t make any withdrawal?’
‘I sent him the transaction details since Tuesday. The last time I checked, yesterday was Thursday. Today is gone; it’s almost 04:00P.M. I sent him the money transfer control number (MTCN) since Tuesday. He ought to have sent thirty thousand pounds yesterday and wire in the rest today. I haven’t been alerted. I’ve been calling his digits but he isn’t picking either. I left him offline messages, he hasn’t responded.’
He explained in a tone expressing worry and fear. Anxiety echoed in the tone of his voice.
‘Jeez! That’s serious. Now, your earlier actions are well understood.’ A whopping 60,000 pounds’ Fred lamented.
‘Remember, I warned you against doing business with him. I told you he took my friend, Lexy to the cleaners.’ Kenneth said.
‘Trust me, he wouldn’t dare that with me. If he tries it, I’d pull a hit on him regardless of where he is in the world.’ He vowed.
As he continued driving, instinctively, he noticed the presence of a peugeot trailing them from the back. He glanced through his rear view mirror and noticed it fifteen feet behind. It was being driven by a pro from the way the steering wheel was handled. His eyes caught the driver who was staring with an eerie hostility. Suddenly, the peugeot overtook, and barricaded the road. Three men alighted from it, advancing toward his car. His eyes snapped open. He stepped on the break and reversed with his leg tapping the accelerator. His car veered across the road and roared away that he almost bumped into an oncoming traffic but disappeared into a narrow route. He turned left and accelerated smoothly around a bend and appeared on a broad road. Again, his eyes snapped open… he was pursed! He punched the accelerator and yanked the steering hard to make a U-turn. He couldn’t get the break pedal so he swung across lanes and one of the tyres clipped a street light. Fred and White screamed uncontrollably out of fear. The car bounced back. He steered it over and slowed down. He slid down the driver’s seat and fell back. He hit the accelerator and turned north. A new wave of anxiety blew and settled on him.
‘Come on guys, hope there’s nothing on you ?’ he asked.
‘We’re afraid there are, man.’ They replied in a tone.
‘But could they be thieves, cultists or the police?’ In the scarest of tones, Fred asked in an accent blurred with apprehension.
They turned around to have a glimpse of what the car looked like and who the men were. He glanced out the window at the car. He could see the car swerve to avoid a pot hole then it skidded off the road. He drove speedily through an express road where there was an intersection and disappeared into one of the routes. ‘Gosh! We lost them’ Ben lamented.
‘They mustn’t abscond. Find them.’ Dauda instructed in a tone of irritation.
Ben increased the speedometer from 100km to 140. He chewed up the road in a steady, purposeful daze, crossing lanes and driving determinedly. He turned into a street, pulling the car up to an open area.
‘look up… that car looks pretty much like it.’ Dauda observed, looking keenly from a distance.
‘Cross-examine the plate number with the binocular. Are we after the right car?’
Dauda instructed. Rilwan viewed it from the distance. He called out the alphabets as he cross-examined.
‘C-C-C-O... yeah! We got it.’ Rilwan replied in excitement.
Pious Oputa drove speedily, stealing looks through the mirror. He continued driving, climbing through the hills and rocking over the bumps. He glanced out the window; there was no one behind, no cars, no noise, nothing .Everywhere was silent. The silence was somewhat eerie. He took a deep breath. He slowed down, woving through the quiet road. He appeared at a junction, looking both sides of the road to make a clear turning. Out of nowhere, the peugeot lurched violently.
Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by AZeD1(m): 4:45pm On Aug 17, 2018
I don't get all guys saying men are men. Please stop it. If you are a dog, accept you are a dog and leave others out of if.

I have female friends that have stayed with me (slept on the same bed) and we were both singles and nothing happened.

If you can't control yourself, don't have friends of the opposite sex. Your life doesn't end because you got married.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by hotwax: 4:46pm On Aug 17, 2018
AZeD1:
I don't get all guys saying men are men. Please stop it. If you are a dog, accept you are a dog and leave others out of if.

I have female friends that have stayed with me (slept on the same bed) and we were both singles and nothing happened.

If you can't control yourself, don't have friends of the opposite sex. Your life doesn't end because you got married.

A lady slept with you and your body was frigid like statue. Your wife will cheat on you like kilode.

SO how many guys are sexually dull like you?

Mr nice guy!

2 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by 2odd(m): 4:48pm On Aug 17, 2018
AZeD1:

Fine ,now replay d scenario wen you guy are both married ,and see ur spouse reactions
Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by TimeManager(m): 4:48pm On Aug 17, 2018
pocohantas:

LOL! It doesn't stop your wives from fùcking around, and bringing home the kids for you to train. So, keep making rules o.
While women keep running their show undercover.

#RuleMaker #StayWoke grin
Imagine for a second that there were no rules, what do you think would have happened?.. Simple, basic rules abound, yet women hardly tame their whoring birds. Women are like electricity, the most useful yet most dangerous of all, they can destroy your life in a blink, thankfully, the Rules serve as an insulator. when they break the rules, they bear its consequences and we reinforce ourselves being men.
Men had since discovered this and are smarter to their tricks. .
women, with rules are snakes without rules they will be a day light monster.
Women always desire an atmosphere they can throw themselves around but unfortunately Marriage is not.
kiss the truth!
Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Aug 17, 2018
Hanseel1:
Nigerian men don't want their wives to have male friends but they think it's okay for them to keep female friends themselves . Women have indeed suffered very much in the hands of Nigerian men.

SMH
a married man having a close female friend is also bound to fall to temptation as well. Its best for couples to be close friends with each other. Make other ppl ur aquitance.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by AZeD1(m): 4:52pm On Aug 17, 2018
hotwax:

A lady slept with you and your body was frigid like statue. Your wife will cheat on you like kilode.

SO how many guys are sexually dull like you?

Mr nice guy!

1) Not everyone is like you. I don't see women like sex objects so when i meet a lady, sex is not the first thing that comes to mind.

2) Having sex with a lady is not an achievement (at least for me).

3) I tend to roll with my kind of people so my wife will be someone that thinks like me.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by ImaIma1(f): 4:53pm On Aug 17, 2018
AmiciLord:
Na clap person dey take enter dance. The robbers you see today never believed they will end up becoming robbers. The more time u spend with someone the more u get attached to that person physically and emotionally.

Just be careful.

Maybe you should not judge all guys based on yourself and your thoughts when you habe a lady as a friend.

You don't need to tell me to be careful. That would be stating the obvious.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by ajog1: 4:53pm On Aug 17, 2018
Hanseel1:

Change your mentality , it's wrong.

We are in 2018 not 1980. It's people like you that can't stay in the same house with a lady without having sex with her cry
I smile in my carve of thoughts when we as humans who are "EMOTIONAL BEINGS" want to feel like rock-solid stars who are impenetrable! I can't just help but make reference to two phrases from an instructive book which says 'let him who thinks he stand take HEED less he falls;' the second being 'flee from all appearances of....'
All it takes to fall off from even beliefs you have been brainwashed into from birth is to dwell around those practicing a different belief for a long time, and be enticed with the goodies of such contradicting belief.
Not to talk about an act of nature that is physically and emotionally wired into our genetics and some folks are forming robo cop here- una weldone.
At a vulnerable state of mind and at a compromised spot, our emotions get beclouded and we can lose balance- this is the fact of life.

6 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Aug 17, 2018
victorian:

Not all ladies are like your female friends.
My lawyer is a married man, we are good friends and he has not slept with me nor even made any attempt to.

My best friend's husband is like a big brother to me, a senior official in FIRS, we became close through my best friend , when she introduced us during her engagement. He's from my state, our village is close, while my best friend is a Yoruba lady. He helps me professionally ,in short we are this close but it has never occured to me, to betray my friend and have sex with her husband.. Not even the devil can trick me on that. Am a fairer version of his wife but he has never hit on me.
And He knows I will never hit on him.. The respect I have towards him will fall below low, if he tries any hanky panky move. In fact none of us drink, so we can't blame alcohol. Our senses and Brains are up to date.

In short we are better off as family friends.

People should stop blaming Devil for everything.. And take responsibility for once!
u know i am still asking myself till today how was it possible for Stella Damasus to fall for her best friend's husbandcheesy.temptation dey happencheesy.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by AZeD1(m): 4:55pm On Aug 17, 2018
2odd:

Fine ,now replay d scenario wen you guy are both married ,and see ur spouse reactions

This scenario is unlikely to occur when I'm married because it would be my wife beside me.

There are some friends who stood by me during the darkest days of my life, getting married CANNOT stop that friendship.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by TimeManager(m): 4:57pm On Aug 17, 2018
pocohantas:

You sound angry. Calm down, your wife won't cheat you hear? grin
Hahahahaa! not angry samsam, just the truth. And I don't even worry about a cheating wife either.

kiss the truth!
Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by wizsolzy(m): 4:59pm On Aug 17, 2018
ImaIma1:
So what happens to her male friends she had when she was single?

Not everyone can handle it but i see nothing wrong with it as long as she knows how to manage it.

Nah!!!! There is nothing like handle there... u can't handle it.. all u hv to do is to pray it does not happen to u.. Wen a girl is married.. male friends should get d f**k off.. see e be like say u no know dis chemistry of a thing.. just imagine ur husband keeping female friends as best friend after marriage...

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by Wuzyurdaddy(m): 5:00pm On Aug 17, 2018
It's like having a standby dick incase of emergencies, so that's a no

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by wizsolzy(m): 5:01pm On Aug 17, 2018
See men of these days Wen dey see a potential kitten they don't care if d kitten is married.. d kitten come re go mumu carry dem do best friend.. see me sister u r gone grin
Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by FX(m): 5:03pm On Aug 17, 2018
ajog1:

I smile in my carve of thoughts when we as humans who are "EMOTIONAL BEINGS" want to feel like rock-solid stars who are impenetrable! I can't just help but make reference to two phrases from an instructive books which says 'let him who thinks he stand take HEED less he falls;' the second being 'flee from all appearances of....'
All it takes to fall off from even beliefs you have been brainwashed into is to dwell around those practicing a different belief for a long time, and be enticed with the goodies of such contradicting belief.
Not to talk about an act of nature that is physically and emotionally wired into our genetics and some folks are forming robo cop here- una weldone.
At a vulnerable state of mind and at a compromised spot, our emotions get beclouded and we can lose balance- this is the fact of life.
Omo you said it all. Too much sense
Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by xtervaganza(m): 5:03pm On Aug 17, 2018
I've lost count of the female best friends I've smashed.

I even smashed one less than a week to her wedding

Only a foolish and imbec1le guy will believe allow his woman keep a male bestie

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by FX(m): 5:05pm On Aug 17, 2018
xtervaganza:

Not only foolish. An Ediot.
Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Aug 17, 2018
Hanseel1:

Change your mentality , it's wrong.

We are in 2018 not 1980. It's people like you that can't stay in the same house with a lady without having sex with her cry
Keep deceiving urself & let ur wife be having male best friends... Well to each his own
Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by pocohantas(f): 5:10pm On Aug 17, 2018
xtervaganza:

You smashed her because she wanted to smash you too.
Not because you are her male bestie. If she didn't wanna smash you, na better slap you fit collect for touching her.

A woman knows the man that's smashable to her, if you don't fit in...you will hear ["he is a nice guy, BUT..."]. She'll keep you as friend, you go dey help her put on generator and jack 25l water containers, up the stairs. Nothing more!

5 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by mejai(m): 5:15pm On Aug 17, 2018
can goat and yam stay in a room peacefully?
d goat must definitely chop d yam quietly until it finishes
Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by Adebowale89(m): 5:19pm On Aug 17, 2018
why should a married women have male as friends if she don't want non Platonic male friend?

is it proper for a married women to take more than one d1ck in the marriage? yes it is wrong. so it's wrong for a married women to have platonic or Socrates nonsense male friends

a woman that can't see her husband as her best friend is nothing but a corporate slut

ladies get distracted easily, that's why I laughed at guys that test their fiance with their friends. she go lale yakata for him most esp if she's a social and easy flexible lady. it's the responsibility of a man to protest his woman away from any distraction hence you must give her maximum attention

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by MPESA(m): 5:23pm On Aug 17, 2018
1Sharon:

But don't you believe in working it out with ur partner and communicating the problems?
God bless you sister, I was shading tears on seeing her post.
Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by EzeIgboNwaChukwu(m): 5:24pm On Aug 17, 2018
ImaIma1:
So what happens to her male friends she had when she was single?

Not everyone can handle it but i see nothing wrong with it as long as she knows how to manage it.
shut up cheater.
I pity your husband

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by Glink2018(m): 5:25pm On Aug 17, 2018
MajorJeffery:
A married man or woman who keeps opposite sex as close friend is already cheating emotionally and the real deal is only one pole away because one day, it will surely happen.

If you wanna hang out with a guy, why not marry him, why marry a completely different man from the type you like?

Wetin consign me. I'm 6years old. When I'm 18years old I will comment.
Mummy, remember to put Bobo drinks in my lunch pack.
Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by scopilad: 5:31pm On Aug 17, 2018
Hmmm.very interesting topic.only married people can understand.It is quite different from boyfriend and girlfriend game.There is absolutely nothing wrong with a married woman to have male friend and vice versa.The important thing to note is that there must be boundaries.you don,t call a married woman at 10pm to just say hi or you want to keep in touch or before 7am likewise a man.the best is to flee from all appperances of......you may not be thinking in the sex line,but can you tell of the other party?you can never be sure of what you can do when emotions comes in.i will conclude by saying ones a man or woman is married they should set boundaries as regards old friends of the opposite sex.na from clap them dey enter dance. My humble submission.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Some Topics MOST Of Our Nairaland Ladies Don't Joke With! / Join My Whatsapp TV Strictly 18+ / 10 Ways To Identify A Typical Nigerian Runs Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.