Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,014 members, 7,825,184 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? (33367 Views)

10 Important Things You Should Know About A Platonic Relationship / 7 Nigerian Women On Platonic Friendships With Men / What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by trapQ: 7:54pm On Aug 17, 2018
Lmao... some even said a responsible woman should change her phone number once she gets married. Fools! All of them
pocohantas:

They will soon develop high BP.
Married women shouldn't wear this, they shouldn't go here, they shouldn't work here, they shouldn't associate with males...

Na wetin?! Na prison abi marriage?

Very soon they'll say married woman shouldn't work with male colleagues, enter bus with male passengers...etc grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by trapQ: 7:55pm On Aug 17, 2018
They're worse than hypocrites.
slotA4:
Majority of men ranting here have female friends even after marriage but they are here criminalising same for women. Jealous hypocrites

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Aug 17, 2018
Una no dey gree until e happen. Na am sorry dey end am.

U beginning to talk like a man. U sound weird.

ImaIma1:

Maybe you should not judge all guys based on yourself and your thoughts when you habe a lady as a friend.

You don't need to tell me to be careful. That would be stating the obvious.
Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by vickydevoka(m): 8:26pm On Aug 17, 2018
MajorJeffery:
A married man or woman who keeps opposite sex as close friend is already cheating emotionally and the real deal is only one pole away because one day, it will surely happen.

If you wanna hang out with a guy, why not marry him, why marry a completely different man from the type you like?
money matter
Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by ImaIma1(f): 8:32pm On Aug 17, 2018
AmiciLord:
Una no dey gree until e happen. Na am sorry dey end am.

U beginning to talk like a man. U sound weird.

Maybe because i am not your regular girl

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by Philipsdael(m): 8:36pm On Aug 17, 2018
To me, it's wrong. I'm speaking from experience and I'll not allow such from my wife.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by john650(m): 8:46pm On Aug 17, 2018
No it is not proper for a married woman to have a platonic male friend. If she really cherished the male friend's relationship, she should have married him and not the husband.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by Hirbonkaymil: 9:00pm On Aug 17, 2018
Guy I Serious Commends U For Dis Infact Gals Of Today Av No Value For Dia Body By Sleepin With Multiple Guys In Some Case I Av Experience A Gal Am Datin Left A Guy Place After Been Fvck To Com Nd Fvck Me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by vicben27(m): 9:13pm On Aug 17, 2018
women generally never see anything wrong with having male friends who become uncessaryly too close. l just wonder how their Brains are wired, a wise man once told me that a man and a woman can never be just friends. one must be nursing some hidden kind of emotion consciously or unconsciously. women are emotional beings and can easily fall for the next man shez close with. when faced with emotional issues. l have seen girls who claim they are in a serious relationship fall for me in the past.Women respect your men and don't get too friendly with the next man he may just be a Dog waiting to eat you like the bone that you are.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by vicben27(m): 9:17pm On Aug 17, 2018
Hirbonkaymil:
Guy I Serious Commends U For Dis Infact Gals Of Today Av No Value For Dia Body By Sleepin With Multiple Guys In Some Case I Av Experience A Gal Am Datin Left A Guy Place After Been Fvck To Com Nd Fvck Me
Bro that's a normal thing for them. my ex left her fiancee house travelled 10hrs to my place to be bleeped my me before going to a place of Primary assignment. all thoes experiences made me to become scared of women. l simple can't Trust a woman with an already drilled hole in between their legs. they can do and undo.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by hotwax: 9:32pm On Aug 17, 2018
And we know of some women who will say he is just a friend and they have fcked him. They will even say he is business partner nothing else and they have actually fcked.

Women sha.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by pocohantas(f): 9:40pm On Aug 17, 2018
vicben27:
Bro that's a normal thing for them. my ex left her fiancee house travelled 10hrs to my place to be bleeped my me before going to a place of Primary assignment. all thoes experiences made me to become scared of women. l simple can't Trust a woman with an already drilled hole in between their legs. they can do and undo.

But you trust yourself that drilled another man's fiancee?
Trust gbagbuo gi there!

trapQ:
They're worse than hypocrites.

See one above. Fcking another man's babe as a side nigga and talking about trust. When people become so wayward, they begin to have serious trust issues. Because they see themselves in everyone.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by victorian(f): 9:43pm On Aug 17, 2018
lefulefu:
u know i am still asking myself till today how was it possible for Stella Damasus to fall for her best friend's husbandcheesy.temptation dey happencheesy.

That's Stella Damascus.. Like I said not every woman is the same.
Some are more principled than the other..

Am extremely principled when it comes to betraying friends or loved ones. No. Matter how sexy their husband looks. Or how rich and handsome he is.. Such men is off limits for me.. Have had opportunities three times to snatch my gfs, boyfriends cause they were coming onto me and they were very handsome, comfortable and intelligent.. But I place my foot down and turned them down.. For. Me., it's a taboo

It's not done.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by Femeto: 9:46pm On Aug 17, 2018
It's not proper.
Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by victorian(f): 9:47pm On Aug 17, 2018
TimeManager:

Now this is how you make sense..
but never underestimate the Devil, that dude always lurking around a man and woman hoping to make things happen.

kiss the truth!

Anyways I take responsibility for every action I make.. Have never blamed the devil before.. And I won't start blaming him for anything. Devil has never taken control of my actions before sha.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by IbnAbdullah1(m): 9:55pm On Aug 17, 2018
ImaIma1:
So what happens to her male friends she had when she was single?

Not everyone can handle it but i see nothing wrong with it as long as she knows how to manage it.

Modified!!

Everyone suddenly quoting me and talking ignorantly.

Am i supposed to ignore male colleagues and guus generally because i am married?

FYI, my hubby maintained his female friends and it is not an issue.
You guys just calm down!!!

There is nothing wrong in knowing somebody whim you having a working relationship with,but it is preferable that a woman and man keeps their distant.
This I can 'manage it's claim have made many married persons leave their husband's house.

If he wants to be friends many unmarried Females are out there whom he can potentially marry.
Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by NairaMaster1(m): 10:05pm On Aug 17, 2018
ImaIma1:

Well you obviously have no control or a conscience. I do. There os no comparison.

The person that should be worried is not. Stop swallowing panadol for another's headache. Ok

You got it.

As you quietly agreed with me that one day that your male friend will lose control to Bleep you.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by ImaIma1(f): 10:19pm On Aug 17, 2018
IbnAbdullah1:

There is nothing wrong in knowing somebody whim you having a working relationship with,but it is preferable that a woman and man keeps their distant.
This I can 'manage it's claim have made many married persons leave their husband's house.

If he wants to be friends many unmarried Females are out there whom he can potentially marry.

Guy i have male friends the same way i have female friends. Whether you understand it or not, we need people for one reason or the other. And we check up on each other from time to time.

One of them even MCed my wedding and i have hooked him up with other events. And he has also brought businesses my way.

I see friendships as an asset and i don't have a lot of friends. Maybe my understanding of friendships is different from yours.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by ImaIma1(f): 10:23pm On Aug 17, 2018
NairaMaster1:

You got it.

As you quietly agreed with me that one day that your male friend will lose control to Bleep you.

Your narrow mindedness and shallow thinking is really getting me bored.

Try to take your mind off sex once in a while. It will help you.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by victorian(f): 10:34pm On Aug 17, 2018
toyetade:

Even if it has not happened it will surely happen one day as the friendship develops. As said in the article , men can pretend for life. Don't be over confident To safeguard your marriage desist from male friends. don't trust men

I don't trust men but I also give certain men benefit of doubts, until proven otherwise.
With common sense, a married woman should know she can't leave her home to spend weekends in another man's house.
With common sense, a married woman should know she can't go on dinner dates with male friends.
With common sense, a married woman should know her family comes first before any male friend.
That's exactly what am talking about.

With common sense, the devil can also be avoided.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by IbnAbdullah1(m): 10:36pm On Aug 17, 2018
ImaIma1:

Guy i have male friends the same way i have female friends. Whether you understand it or not, we need people for one reason or the other. And we check up on each other from time to time.

One of them even MCed my wedding and i have hooked him up with other events. And he has also brought businesses my way.

I see friendships as an asset and i don't have a lot of friends. Maybe my understanding of friendships is different from yours.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.
This is me just speaking.
You may be lucky doing that but the overall benefit of having a male or female 'platonic' friend or whatever while being married is not always palatable looking at the state of affairs.
Remember humans are not robot one thing may lead to another and there you have it.
I feel generally there should be a safe distance.
And not forgetting, using yourself as a standard is very wrong.
People are so different and so many other factors that come into that may potentially make or mar them while in such unsuspecting relationships.

After all,wetin I know?
Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by KanwuliaExtra: 10:41pm On Aug 17, 2018
1Sharon:

Lol I mean actually talking with ur partner and seeing what if there is a solution to the problem

No solution abeg.
The best solution na “spare” part to re-charge OLD BATTERY.
Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by ImaIma1(f): 10:49pm On Aug 17, 2018
IbnAbdullah1:

You may be lucky doing that but the overall benefit of having a male or female 'platonic' friend or whatever while being married is not always palatable looking at the state of affairs.
Remember humans are not robot one thing may lead to another and there you have it.
People are so different and so many other factors that come into that may potentially make or mar them while in such unsuspecting relationships.

After all,wetin I know?

A safe distance is necessary. Even my female friends i hardly visit not to talk of the males.

I won't put myself in a precarious position and try to test myself or the friend. So i am not being foolish here or ITK

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by DrTonitee(m): 10:57pm On Aug 17, 2018
One man's meat is another man's poison. If she is cool ,d hubby is cool and the guy is cool,why are we not cool??

2 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by vicben27(m): 10:59pm On Aug 17, 2018
pocohantas:

Trust gbagbuo gi there!

See one above. Fcking another man's babe as a side nigga and talking about trust. When people become so wayward, they begin to have serious trust issues. Because they see themselves in everyone.
yah fuccking Right, l've seen it all ya all can act the way you feel is right. as for me my woman knows how l roll if she can't abide by the rules.then we simply can't work. it's been good soo far!
Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by Goldiano(m): 11:01pm On Aug 17, 2018
MajorJeffery:
A married man or woman who keeps opposite sex as close friend is already cheating emotionally and the real deal is only one pole away because one day, it will surely happen.

If you wanna hang out with a guy, why not marry him, why marry a completely different man from the type you like?
truth!!
Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by vicben27(m): 11:05pm On Aug 17, 2018
victorian:

That's Stella Damascus.. Like I said not every woman is the same.
Some are more principled than the other..

Am extremely principled when it comes to betraying friends or loved ones. No. Matter how sexy their husband looks. Or how rich and handsome he is.. Such men is off limits for me.. Have had opportunities three times to snatch my gfs, boyfriends cause they were coming onto me and they were very handsome, comfortable and intelligent.. But I place my foot down and turned them down.. For. Me., it's a taboo

It's not done.
it's not about been principled ma'am l've seen soo called principled ladies like you fall prey to men. you wouldn't even know until ur lost. soo don't claim ur too strong because even the strongest falls. go ask Samson.
Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by Remijuice: 11:10pm On Aug 17, 2018
Trust gbagbuo gi there![/quote]

Hahahaha.. heeiy See how I laf sotee wake my nebo.

Lol

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by Remijuice: 11:23pm On Aug 17, 2018
IbnAbdullah1:

After all,wetin I know?
Guy wetin dey do you?
D lady don explain everything finish give, she dey try bring you back to the ryt track, u dey deviate further.
Abeg no vex me o!

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by vicben27(m): 11:25pm On Aug 17, 2018
pocohantas:

Trust gbagbuo gi there!

Pocahontas life teaches us various lessons. my experiences were from back in the days when l never really knew what l wanted, l have learnt a lot about live, Trust and women. when a woman tells you just trust me and she even get to introduce you to the that soo called male friend it's like a free ticket to fucckk him with ur concept. l once caught my girl with a guy she told me was her close friend from fellowship at an Odd hour in her room alone.(around 11pm at night)they were not doing anything but. that wasn't morally right and that broke the trust l had for her. most male friends would always want to exceed their boundaries. their are times l had to run away from female friends who want to exceed their boundaries too. the best is to just avoid being in such a situation.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by ImaIma1(f): 12:10am On Aug 18, 2018
victorian:

Not all ladies are like your female friends.
My lawyer is a married man, we are good friends and he has not slept with me nor even made any attempt to.

My best friend's husband is like a big brother to me, a senior official in FIRS, we became close through my best friend , when she introduced us during her engagement. He's from my state, our village is close, while my best friend is a Yoruba lady. He helps me professionally ,in short we are this close but it has never occured to me, to betray my friend and have sex with her husband.. Not even the devil can trick me on that. Am a fairer version of his wife but he has never hit on me.
And He knows I will never hit on him.. The respect I have towards him will fall below low, if he tries any hanky panky move. In fact none of us drink, so we can't blame alcohol. Our senses and Brains are up to date.

In short we are better off as family friends.

People should stop blaming Devil for everything.. And take responsibility for once!

Don't mind these guys. I don't know what they think a friend is.

I think it is this present set of younger people that cannot see past women being sex items/objects. So they cannot understand that a woman can actually relate with male folks without sleeping with them.

I understand you perfectly. I have always had more male friends than ladies and the only one i ever slept with was the one i got married to. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by openmine(m): 1:22am On Aug 18, 2018
This persistent issue always occur when a lady has an issue or quarrel with her boyfriend...rather than cooling off some where or do something productive with her time,and maybe resolving that same issue with her man later on,she will instead go and meet this male bestie and pour out her emotions to him!
...Now this male bestie,being a patient and secret admirer,senses a very rare opportunity and capitalizes.....soon a moment of cuddling and "emotional petting",which leads to a "mistaken" sexual adventure, becomes a regular occurrence!

Its even worse because its now taken to the social media where a lady will tell her seemingly unsuspecting bestie about issues with her partner(even married partner)...not knowing this guy has been waiting for a chance to pounce and take his fair share!

The truth is that folks(esp most ladies) just know how to attract unavoidable temptations to themselves and latter blame the devil....without knowing that they were actually the architects who initiated it ab initio!
Well,when a lady on nairaland boldly says there is "nothing wrong" if a lady receives or enjoys "innocent flirts" from guys both physically and on social media,then you know such folks lack maturity or self control!

Am not saying a lady or guy can't have friends of the opposite sex...however,such "friendship",if necessary or valuable,must be explicitly defined ab initio with strictly adhered conditions whether you are in a relationship or marriage!

These are my suggestions or opinions about this recurring issue...
1. Every relationship or marriage must be pre-defined to avoid stories that touch!

2. You don't need an opposite sex/same sex as a "bestie" when you are in a relationship or marriage! Nothing wrong with having friends as long as there are pre-defined boundaries which must be respected at all times!

3. If you want to flirt with the opposite sex whether on social media or physically,please ensure you are not in a relationship.You can't eat your cake and still have it back!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lagos Babe Scams Guy She Met On Twitter / Some Topics MOST Of Our Nairaland Ladies Don't Joke With! / 10 Ways To Identify A Typical Nigerian Runs Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.